New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

I too find it fun, even if I have gotten a bit absorbed in my own secret projects. The line of thinking that led me to building Camp Copper Hills far underground has extended to a rather interesting new project.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

I saw there is a scout plane landed on what we have complete of the runway. I think I should be able to replicate it to provide us with some expanded scouting capability. I'll leave it up to Major Domo to train pilots once the craft are ready. I'm working on quarries to level the terrain along the runway path, but some unfortunate buildcraft explosions set back this process considerably.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I think that there are some bugs with combustion engines in the current version. The make good emergency self-destructs, though.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys. Can we do this?
    (a subtle and finely crafted link)
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Hey guys. Can we do this?
    (a subtle and finely crafted link)
    In the desert next to spawn, or somewhere else?
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps we should find a fresh new desert without anything in it to use.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Barbarian in the Playground

We don't really have a nice ravine in the desert to do it in so far...

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah! That matters not. We can MAKE one! With SCIENCE!
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Bah! That matters not. We can MAKE one! With SCIENCE!
    And by 'Science' we mean 'TNT'
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

I like the idea as a concept. However, we would have to ensure involvement from multiple server members.

I think what we could do is port the Dome into the middle of a desert, and terraform it so that the subterranean desert city grows out from it. Make it a centerpiece of sorts. It would look awesome on a map!
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground

Hum, that might actually work, if we want to start on another mega-project of sorts. I suspect those will be NPC housings/stores/malls? (Possibly all wired up with power)

Good opportunity to make the dome a centerpiece of all of this though, i agree there.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

12. - Top - End - #882
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I like the idea of the dome being the center of desert ravine town. Perhaps it would provide some camouflaged based defense from our visitors. Of course spawn town will still need to be defended.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

After a long time of being SSP only, Equivalent exchange is now SMP compatible.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

I will admit to having been severely bored recently. Luckily for me, I have this server!
    Spoiler
    Show

TP's in the hall.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm, with a bit of luck/skill we could actually create this in the desert next to spawn town and join the two constructions together. (I'd rather not have the one draw attention away from the other, you see. Building them together should work best in that regard.)

Also, DM, is that another one of those... whatchamacallit pylon thingies from the old server?
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-11 at 01:32 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah. Those served mainly as a teleport system and as sightseeing platforms. This serves simply as a neat place to sit when I'm thinking, and as a way to get rid of some glass.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Hm, with a bit of luck/skill we could actually create this in the desert next to spawn town and join the two constructions together. (I'd rather not have the one draw attention away from the other, you see. Building them together should work best in that regard.)

Also, DM, is that another one of those... whatchamacallit pylon thingies from the old server?
    Really?

I thought it would work better close to spawn, but not together. They seem as if they could be two separate cities.

Also, nice building there DM. It does look like a version of old nexi. I like the glass better though, to be quite honest.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Recon Report: Alien sighting near native village

Detrepid located another alien site yesterday near a village on the path of one of our projects. Xeno destroyed most of the technology before it could be studied, so nothing new was gleaned from the inital encounter. Detrepid and I managed to disable the ghast spawners and some disturbingly adept chainsaw work by Detrepid took care of the ghasts before the nearby village or its inhabitants took any damage. There were no alien aircraft at this location, so the initial fight went better than the fight near spawn town.

Perhaps the most troubling result from this battle is that after the ghast spawners were disabled our satellites detected an enormous energy surge and all of the alien technology at the site was transported away. As you all know the ability to transport large objects is extremely energy intensive, and brining us and our structures to this world was the pinnacle of scientific and engineering discovery for our civilization. That these creatures can callously move entire compounds to the planet and back speaks much about how technologically advanced they are.

We discovered that like the previous sites there was a ravine under this site. It seems to be becoming clear that the aliens are searching for something under the ground, or attempting to do something to the inside of the planet itself. Worrying in the extreme. The ravine was littered with troop spawners, tnt traps, and a new and troublesome trap, a "phase bomb". For the time being I will attempt to study this bomb in the location it was found, since I don't yet know the triggering mechanism or what attempting to move or warp it would do.

Sagitus

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    After a long time of being SSP only, Equivalent exchange is now SMP compatible.
    neat, I may try to see if there are any servers that are planning too, or are now using it, from what I've seen it's an interesting mod.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-02-11 at 12:16 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

General Report on the Recent Incursion.
    I would like to note, in addition to what Sagitus has said already, that there were new traps capable of projecting lightning. Even with Quantum, these are still effective against us. This is why I made destroying them a priority. Anyone without Quantum would be dead in such a situation, and even with full I took a bit of a beating. I recommend that in the future, we make sure that heavily armored infantry take out these traps before researchers move in.
    Furthermore, is it just me or is the server down?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground

Server should be back up. Looks like this was caused by the Qsuit again somehow. Xeno and Sagitus, where were you two and what were you doing when it crashed? (I presume both of you are still wearing quantum fullplate.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I was in full quantum when it crashed. I was running along the runway, from my refinery out to some quarries with a couple buckets of fuel.

Regarding protocol for assaulting attack sites I think this should be the procedure to consider foremost the protection of our troops and secondly the protection of technology that we may be able to put to use.
    1. Survey the site from a distance outside of turret/spawn range
    2. Move quickly to interior of their defenses so turrets don't hurt us.
    3. Infantry should prioritize destroying spawned troops and spawners
    4. Research should disable turrets or other stationary structures

By the time Detrepid and I moved in on the site this time many of the turrets were damaged, so I was unable to find any intact lightning turrets to study, and several of the turrets flame were damaged but still functional, as Major Domo found out firsthand. In addition since the ghast spawners hadn't been disabled enemy troops were pouring out and starting to further destroy everything in sight. I think a more coordinated approach is needed to these situations going forward. I'm not too concerned about research personnel on the battlefield. Detrepid and myself both use full quantum armor in most cases anyway, since a very common failure mode of many research projects tends to be violent explosions.

Sagitus
    Last edited by Sagitus; 2012-02-11 at 02:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sagitus View Post

Recon Report: Alien sighting near native village

Detrepid located another alien site yesterday near a village on the path of one of our projects. Xeno destroyed most of the technology before it could be studied, so nothing new was gleaned from the initial encounter. Detrepid and I managed to disable the ghast spawners and some disturbingly adept chainsaw work by Detrepid took care of the ghasts before the nearby village or its inhabitants took any damage. There were no alien aircraft at this location, so the initial fight went better than the fight near spawn town.

Perhaps the most troubling result from this battle is that after the ghast spawners were disabled our satellites detected an enormous energy surge and all of the alien technology at the site was transported away. As you all know the ability to transport large objects is extremely energy intensive, and bringing us and our structures to this world was the pinnacle of scientific and engineering discovery for our civilization. That these creatures can callously move entire compounds to the planet and back speaks much about how technologically advanced they are.

We discovered that like the previous sites there was a ravine under this site. It seems to be becoming clear that the aliens are searching for something under the ground, or attempting to do something to the inside of the planet itself. Worrying in the extreme. The ravine was littered with troop spawners, tnt traps, and a new and troublesome trap, a "phase bomb". For the time being I will attempt to study this bomb in the location it was found, since I don't yet know the triggering mechanism or what attempting to move or warp it would do.

Sagitus
    Additional Info from the battle and following research. The villagers nearby the compound were initially quite standoffish to the research personnel. After calming them down with gifts of bread I spoke to the village elder. He was able to confirm the enemy forces only appeared after sagitus began working in the area. That they did not see any flying machines they just appeared out of thin error with a great noise and lightning storm, a warp in I presume. The don't understand why their world is being swarmed with two apparently warring alien nations, yes they consider us aliens. Last, none of the villagers reported being treated negatively by the aliens.

I informed him that we will try to make any effort to keep the others military away from their village and that we may be back later with more questions once they villagers had time to think/calm down.

It is my opinion we need to work to foster a relationship with the natives, they maybe know what is so special in the ravines, or at least if we make friends we could use them as intel gathering entities.

Also I took some imagery with my quantum suit helmet of the phase bomb. We still have much to learn of how it functions.

Detrepid

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm doing some more independent research into alien tech. I may be stepping down as General of the infantry forces soon, as I'm sure some colonist can take the role. When I do, I'm going to form an Institute for Magitek Research to look into new combinations of magic and technology in the hopes of catching up to or paralleling our alien enemies.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

That will be tricky. YersulCorp has installed some monitoring equipment on the roof of its office. Just to gather a few simple readings. Massive energy spikes were detected at around the time the aliens gated out all their structures. I double checked the times, just to be sure. There were other energy spikes earlier, which I assume were the structures being gated in. There's also some pretty heavy background noise, ever since that first spike. I've been able to adjust for that, but what I haven't been able to adjust for is the numbers those spikes threw off.

I, ah, acquired a copy of Recon's reports. It's impossible. They used a lot of energy, but they didn't use anywhere near enough to shift the amount of material they apparently shifted. I can't say I know what to make of this.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I, ah, acquired a copy of Recon's reports. It's impossible. They used a lot of energy, but they didn't use anywhere near enough to shift the amount of material they apparently shifted. I can't say I know what to make of this.
    I have been doing some independent research as well, into some of the attack patterns. I am in support of Sagitus' theory, as all of the encounters thus far have been above ravines, or the End stronghold. I will have a full intelligence report later tonight.

On an entirely unrelated note, would it be possible for us, as a server, to start naming things properly? Our system of naming works for now, with self-descriptive, simple entity names such as The Meditation Gardens, The Mountain Temple, or The Estate. But we really can put a lot more effort and creativity into this, can't we?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Destro, is there anything I can give you for converting my wind farms into solar panels?

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. Well, I could sell you materials, but YersulCorp has never been big into the industrialisation business. You want to buy a load of coal, I'm your man. You want to buy a load of glass, well, I can do that too. I could probably even cut you a deal on some copper wire. I can't go through and replace all the wind generators with panels though, or what have you.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #899
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I mainly need the circuits.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

circuits go for 6 iron ingots a pop. How many do you want?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: