New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Right, well we have a few things to announce,

Number one!
    Dispensers seem to cause a sever crash. Not sure why, or how, but they do, that means that number 2 will be harder.

Number two!
    So, you think your base of tough, do you? Well now we can put it to the test! With this fine mod, we can have mobs spawn and work their way toward a objective block. Fortifications and such will be built at a location to be announced.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Additions!

1. Powering dispensers per lever has been confirmed to crash them. Unsure what other methods do, but be very careful there.

2. Specifically i am calling a challenge. A temporary special event, so to speak, where we get together to make this happen, with the mod mentioned by zain. Materials will be reinstated as necessary and loot/fabulous prizes can be won during the course of this. We just need to find a good time to get enough people together. More details on mumble, as usual.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-03-03 at 06:14 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

I will tentatively promise my presence at the event.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Same. Also, domo, I seem to be having problems interacting with diamond pipe. Whenever I right-click on it, my game crashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Destro will be unable to attend this special event, as he is in my clutches for the week. Muahahaha!
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello there Artemis, good to hear from you. I suppose we'll just have to leave him to you, then, neh?

So, have we decided on a date and time yet?
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Tsk, don't wear him out, will ya. We need him later for trading operations.
    But then again... ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) ...so might you.

That being said, we indeed don't have a time for the event yet. I'd kinda like to get a sufficient amount of people together for it at a time that is not the middle of the night for me. (So who do we have currently anyway... Zain, Cultist, Xeno, me?)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, the tesla coil wires are in place. That pretty much completes the final defense layer, no? When shall we do this thing?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Okay, the tesla coil wires are in place. That pretty much completes the final defense layer, no? When shall we do this thing?
    Well, there seems to have been a lapse in server population. However, we might want to continue this tomorrow night, at a similar time? Now that the Temple Monolith is just about complete, all we need is the four builders (plus any other recruits) online at once.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-05 at 10:51 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good. Tomorrow it is. I'll be busy until about 6, but that's when we started today, right?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Here is a truncated list of some of things I will need recompensed from the winter siege of the Temple Monolith.

Obsidian x21 stacks
    Quantum Helmet x1
    Quantum Boots x1
    Nano-Saber x1
    Electric Drill x1
    Electric Jetpack x1
    Torches x1 stack

Also, would it be too much to ask for us to be able to keep our Searing Bows that we made? We did kind of earn them, after all. In either case, I had a lot of fun playing that mini-game. We made it to Wave 38, and did rather well for ourselves.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-06 at 09:57 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Similarly,

1x Quantum Helmet
    1x Quantum Chestplate
    1x Quantum Boots
    1x Quantum Legs
    1x Diamond Drill
    1x Electric Wrench
    2x Lap Pack
    1x Nanosaber
    1x Diamond Sword
    1x Searing Bow
    1x Diamond Pickaxe
    1x Diamond Sword
    4x Lava Bucket

I'm sure I'll remember more later (when I need it and find it gone).

Anyways, some pics from the invasion:

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Bugbear in the Playground

Right. I have returned. Sort of.

I am still burned out on Minecraft. No urge to play at all. Which is frustrating, really. I tried, but...

However, I am back to making let's play videos again. Roguelikes and other indie games, and hopefully Minecraft again at some point. Won't post links here, but if you go to my channel, you'll see a new video pop up in a few hours. I know it isn't the same, but hopefully it will still be enjoyable.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

14. - Top - End - #1004

Decision: My return to SSP Minecraft will bring changes. I will be using the Technic Pack for my Industrial LP and Yogbox for my RPG LP, which means I can use the Technic Launcher, will make maintaining things a lot easier. Now I just gotta do some research on the butt load of new stuff that Minecraft, Buildcraft and such have added the past 3 months.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Didn't you say you were burned out on Minecraft like, less than 24 hours ago?

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

Ummmm, Domo. I'm not sure what happened, but the entire server seems to have been closed off to players. I cannot break blocks, place blocks, open doors, craft, or basically do anything other than fly around.

I imagine this has something to do with the otherwise inexplicable return of the two NPCs who met their untimely demise at my hand last night.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

17. - Top - End - #1007

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Didn't you say you were burned out on Minecraft like, less than 24 hours ago?
    Yes, I am. I'm not saying I'm coming back to Minecraft quite yet, I'm just putting pieces together and looking at things so I can come back when I'm ready.

the Technic launcher has removed one big obstacle. I really didn't want to sit down and fiddle with JARs and mods again for hours. Now I don't have to, and that is a big relief. Now I can concentrate on looking at all the changes, and that really is awakening a desire to play again.

For now, though, I have something new I will be trying something new, live game streaming via Twitch TV (http://www.twitch.tv/1skandar). So, yeah, now you can come watch me fail at games in real time, or watch recording of the same.

I'll be recording a bit now, and I'll try to get a regular stream time set up.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Iska, I'm watching you play Prospector, but I can't say anything in the chatbox. Mostly because it isn't working. Sorry

Never mind, it got fixed. Fun times.

The funny thing is, that last time you died, your ship was visible about twelve steps in the direction opposite the one you went in.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-03-11 at 01:12 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Ummmm, Domo. I'm not sure what happened, but the entire server seems to have been closed off to players. I cannot break blocks, place blocks, open doors, craft, or basically do anything other than fly around.

I imagine this has something to do with the otherwise inexplicable return of the two NPCs who met their untimely demise at my hand last night.
    This should be fixed now. (In related news: we now support permissions, meaning the overhauled enchanting is now available to everyone and research should be able to replicate alien technology. ) Guess it was only a matter of time.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hey, Iskandar,

you should put a link to your youtube channel in your sig. It'll make it easier for people to watch your videos.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

21. - Top - End - #1011

That.... is a really good idea. I mean the link is at the start of the thread, but, yeah.

I'll go do that.

There.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Important Announcement is important, and an announcement.

Quick summary. First the bad news, the MP LP is dead. I am not returning. However, the MP server itself lives. If someone wants to take over my LP duties there, let me know, I'll help you get set up. My SP LPs are returning, however. I am also branching out from straight Minecraft to other (mostly indie) games. I am accepting suggestions btw, no RTSs please.

Also, I will be livestreaming some Minecraft this Saturday, 4pm EST. Completely vanilla, no mods and a new map. The link to my livestream is in my sig. Feel free to show up and make fun at me as I try to remember how to play.

I will also be livestreaming other games as I try to figure out just what the heck I am doing. I will post times as I figure things out.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm, well I have always been interested in the process (and I'm one of the server's only remaining members) so I would like to step forward as successor to Iskandar as video host. Now, keep in mind that I'm running a Mac, and have absolutely no idea what I am doing when it comes to recording and editing. There will probably be initial difficulties in setting myself up to host these videos. That aside, I have a good grasp of what has been going on on the server these past few months.

I would also like to create a dedicated Youtube account/channel to the Server, rather than one person. That way, should I (or whomever is appointed) have a strenuous schedule, videos can still be uploaded on a semi-regular basis. This should also give everyone a better sense of what is out there, in terms of projects, as the chances that things will be missed are greatly reduced. Moreover, viewers would get to see things from the eyes of different players.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-12 at 10:25 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #1014

That would work. Unfortunately, I'm not really a Mac person. But yes, a MP server Youtube account would be possible. I do want the MP server to keep going, it just overwhelmed me a bit trying to keep up.

Edit: Will be streaming a little Tome 4 if anyone wants to pop in. Give me a minute to set up.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2012-03-12 at 10:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    That would work. Unfortunately, I'm not really a Mac person. But yes, a MP server Youtube account would be possible. I do want the MP server to keep going, it just overwhelmed me a bit trying to keep up.
    Thank you, in either case. You have been an inspiration to us all on the server. I will petition Domo to find a way to ensure that the Dome survives in the new world, as a testimony to all the work that we, as a community, put into a project.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-12 at 10:41 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Barbarian in the Playground

In regards to a new game to try, I hear dwarf fortress can be fun.
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-03-13 at 02:02 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. FUN.

Also, I too am interested in helping with the LP. I always wanted to do something like that. I was just looking into getting FRAPS anyways. I'll see what I can do to help you get set up too, cultist.

Furhtermore, HELLS YEAH PERMISSIONS!
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Indeed. FUN.

Also, I too am interested in helping with the LP. I always wanted to do something like that. I was just looking into getting FRAPS anyways. I'll see what I can do to help you get set up too, cultist.

Furhtermore, HELLS YEAH PERMISSIONS!
    Here is what I was thinking. If I set up a dedicated Youtube account/channel, both of us can record videos, to ensure a wider range of server coverage and to fill up any hole because of our respective schedules (although IB exam time might be a bit of a void in terms of recording).
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good. Also, what do you mean by 'IB exam time'? You mean the time we're supposed to spend studying for those exam things that go by every once and a while? Phhhht. Yeah reight.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the double post. I'm'a be gone for the next week or so with little to no internet access. In the mean time, someone want to set up a gmail account and corresponding Youtube account for this? I'd suggest IskasMP or something similar.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.