New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1470
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    We have a suggestion, ponythreaders!

Ponythread has been kinda slow lately, with some exceptions. I woke up late today and found only two new pages when before I tended to get at least six. I can't imagine many explanations other than IRC sucking all the life out of it, and I kinda fear that IRC will be the choice of place for many to discuss the new episode too.

I may be wrong on that, but either way, I would suggest perhaps IRC should be reserved for non-pony related chatting, things which don't really belong in ponythread anyway, and keeping pony discussion here.

I think that would be more in line with what I think was the purpose of this IRC anyway: To have a place for ponythreaders to socialize, not a replacement for general pony discussions which is what the thread is for.

Of course we may want to keep the line a little fuzzy, to allow some non-pony discussion here and some pony discussion there, but I think it'd be nice to keep it mostly in the proper places.

Thoughts? Am I being too concerned too early?
    I'd leave it as is, until after the new episode airs, and see how things go from there first; as has been said, the IRC is a new toy, so let 'em play while the newness holds and then see how we stand and then worry about doing something if anything indeed needs doing.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, it seems to keep the RP out of the thread, which, for us people who don't follow that stuff, is a blessing more than a curse. It's not like people hanging out in IRC don't visit the thread, they just don't fill it up with their back-and-forth witty banter (which, I should say, is hilarious to observe in realtime).
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I'd leave it as is, until after the new episode airs, and see how things go from there first; as has been said, the IRC is a new toy, so let 'em play while the newness holds and then see how we stand and then worry about doing something if anything indeed needs doing.
    True enough. I certainly wasn't suggesting immediate action, just wanted to get this idea in before the new episode might flood the thread.

On that topic, I'm now confused about when the new episode airs, what with the changing of the clocks and schedules and everything. Anyone able to clarify how long until it airs?

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

1 Hour 11 Minutes by my clock. Or ya know 10AM EST

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    1 Hour 11 Minutes by my clock. Or ya know 10AM EST
    Ah, thanks. Then my fears were right, we set back our clocks a while ago so that's one hour earlier than last time for me.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

We have a suggestion, ponythreaders!

Ponythread has been kinda slow lately, with some exceptions. I woke up late today and found only two new pages when before I tended to get at least six. I can't imagine many explanations other than IRC sucking all the life out of it, and I kinda fear that IRC will be the choice of place for many to discuss the new episode too.

I may be wrong on that, but either way, I would suggest perhaps IRC should be reserved for non-pony related chatting, things which don't really belong in ponythread anyway, and keeping pony discussion here.

I think that would be more in line with what I think was the purpose of this IRC anyway: To have a place for ponythreaders to socialize, not a replacement for general pony discussions which is what the thread is for.

Of course we may want to keep the line a little fuzzy, to allow some non-pony discussion here and some pony discussion there, but I think it'd be nice to keep it mostly in the proper places.

Thoughts? Am I being too concerned too early?
    I disagree with this. Putting limits on what we can talk about in the IRC will most likely not lead to any positive results. The IRC is a place to just talk about whatever we feel like (usually pony) when we feel like it, and imposing some kind of taboo feels wrong.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, though I had no real problem with the old pace, the new pace does mean that the meaty pony-arts and stuff that I crack the thread open for are slightly easier to find and spot lately.

It's a kind of win win for me, long as it's all healthy. Not like the thread is in any danger of falling off the first page or anything.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    I disagree with this. Putting limits on what we can talk about in the IRC will most likely not lead to any positive results. The IRC is a place to just talk about whatever we feel like (usually pony) when we feel like it, and imposing some kind of taboo feels wrong.
    But isn't it more in line with the idea behind the IRC? As I said I would suggest a soft limit, not a hard one, and people can still talk all they want about ponies, they'd just do it here instead of there, like they did before IRC.

I'm just feeling kinda sad about this IRC thing, because even if bits and pieces are posted here in the form of logs, that feels rather more like being told about this awesome party that you weren't there for.

Even if ponythread doesn't stay slow after the new episode, I still think this idea may have some merit.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

But isn't it more in line with the idea behind the IRC? As I said I would suggest a soft limit, not a hard one, and people can still talk all they want about ponies, they'd just do it here instead of there, like they did before IRC.

I'm just feeling kinda sad about this IRC thing, because even if bits and pieces are posted here in the form of logs, that feels rather more like being told about this awesome party that you weren't there for.

Even if ponythread doesn't stay slow after the new episode, I still think this idea may have some merit.
    Well, you don't visit the IRC, do you? I can say that majority of the people who visit it (myself included) would resent limitations being put on to what we can and can't talk about.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Well, you don't visit the IRC, do you? I can say that majority of the people who visit it (myself included) would resent limitations being put on to what we can and can't talk about.
    How about seeing it more as a guideline than an actual limitation, would that help? A... I don't know, courtesy. If the topic is heavily pony-related, post/move it here, or post it both places if it's a link or image or the like.

Since I don't visit the chat I obviously can't say what it's like there, but I get the feeling that I miss some things which are posted there and not here.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Okay, chapter 2 of Piece of Mind FINALLY finished now that I got some time to myself.
    I like it! The pacing seems a little fast, but I'm afraid I can't really place why. Otherwise, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Fanfic Time! Just in time to get totally lost in the new episode excitement, I have the third part of New Perspectives
    Keep it up, I'm enjoying this!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Hey Trixie!

Since some others have already found the IRC information for the OP a page or two ago, here's my overdue promise to find the crazy-twilight emotes.

Link to imgur

Second on tonights agenda ...

Post-it War update:

IT IS DONE!

Well, sort of ...

I'll start with the good. We managed to get a rather passable Nyan Cat up across three of our windows, which will annihilate our competition so long as it stays attached to the window (unfortunately, we appear to have been supplied with sub-par munitions and the post its tend to fall off. "Built by the lowest bidder" indeed.

Still, it looked good in the end.

Spoiler
    Show

We finished up, but we had a surplus of some colours, so later that afternoon I took a break from my note writing and did this:

Sorry about the poor quality, I had no 8-bit reference and our windows are rather narrow. Might fix her up a bit and take a better picture come Monday (if i can figure out how to fix it). At least I hope she's recognisable.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's awesome! Good job!
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Orc in the Playground

New episode!

Thoughts thus far:

Spoiler
    Show
    They have parents!
    Poor poor Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Such bad friendship problems.
    Those apples look horrible.
    The Apple family grows grapes, too!
    Sheep can talk? Ponies use slave labor!
    Sweetie Belle is the new Apple Bloom.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-11-05 at 09:24 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hat = Applejack
    Applejack = Hat
    Therefore, Rarity is the new applejack.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

My immediate thoughts

Episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    No Twilight, at all That's a first, not sure what to think about that

I'm not sure about this trend of wild emotional outbursts, either.

But aside from that it was a nice enough episode. Nothing special.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

My immediate thoughts

Episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm not sure about this trend of wild emotional outbursts, either.

But aside from that it was a nice enough episode. Nothing special.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, the wild emotional outburst came from Rarity, the hammiest of all ponies, so...tis to be expected. Unless you're counting Sweetie Belle too, in which case...see her direct blood link to Rarity.

Edit: Also, Rarity is the new Applejack and Sweetie Belle is the new Applebloom...hoo boy this is going to get confusing real fast...
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-11-05 at 09:42 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, the wild emotional outburst came from Rarity, the hammiest of all ponies, so...tis to be expected. Unless you're counting Sweetie Belle too, in which case...see her direct blood link to Rarity.
    Episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it wasn't as huge in this one. Just wondering if this is going to be a common theme from now on.

17. - Top - End - #1127

First, I have to disagree with the idea that IRC should be reserved for non-pony topics. That just doesn't work.

Now, for the episode:

Episode 5

Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking as a big brother, the themes present in this episode are all too familiar to me. While my relationship with my sister is probably closer to AJ-AB's than Rarity and Sweeties, there were times where my sister was following me around being "annoying" and getting on my nerves, only for me to realize later that she was only trying to help and do things with me.

Also, our first non-Twilight episode ever. However, considering the past four episodes have been really heavy with the Twilight, I think that it's understandable that she gets to have a bit of a break.

I think this was probably the weakest of the episodes of season 2 so far, but only because the other episodes have been so good. This is a good, solid episode, much akin to season 1's 'Green Isn't Your Color', or perhaps more fittingly 'Look Before You Sleep'.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

New Episode Thoughts

Spoiler
    Show
    Start was a bit painful. So much lack of communication. It's interesting how Sweetie Belle is kind of incompetent, but that's basically Rarity's fault for ignoring her and never explaining what she did wrong or why. Poor communication.

Rarity's parents...well I suspect that with Rarity's personality that was not the easiest childhood. I wonder if Rarity just doesn't remember her own struggles with family when thinking of Sweetie Belle.

Apple Pie. Can't believe that simile worked.

Switch was pretty good and Rarity was surprisingly physically competent. Also, Applejack can hold her breath for a long time!

Ending was the most interesting part of the episode. No Twilight at all. I'm actually not sure what to think of that. On one hand, obviously there was the advantage that they got more episode time to focus on Rarity and Sweetie Belle and it allowed Rarity and Sweetie Belle to collect and clarify their own thoughts about sisterhood. On the other hand, without Twilight reflecting on her friends' actions I feel like the center of their social group just sort of disappeared. I suspect that also portends fewer episodes with all 6 mane cast in them and more individual character interaction.

No new song
    If we don't get at least one by this season's episode 11 (when we got winter-wrap up last season) that will be sad.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked it. Wasn't the best episode but good.

Rarity likes agonized chaos as much as I do.

What? No scene of Scootaloo begging RD to be her temporary sister? GOOD!

I realized that I havent been the best brother to mine. I haven't thrown him off a building or encouraged criminal behavior. Where does one get an Applejack.

Pony noogies look awkward.

Fanon has been destroyed again with Dinky.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I realized that I havent been the best brother to mine. I haven't thrown him off a building or encouraged criminal behavior. Where does one get an Applejack.

Response:
    Spoiler
    Show

But that would've been cool! Why don't you like it?

Actually, that pony was a re-color of Dinky. It wasn't Dinky herself.

There were two Lyra clones however, sitting in the stands.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly preferred this episode to Lesson Zero, it was more like an MLP episode, instead of some (admittedly very good) fan fic. Plus, it contained copious amounts of Best Pony being Best Pony, so that's good. Sad she didn't get a chance to sing, I was predicting that.

On 'Dinky destroying Fanon'. I can't believe everyone seems to have forgot Dinky is Derpy's daughter, not sister. All that was confirmed is that Derpy has two daughters, or got a friend to stand in.

And well played to the writers on the 'Applejack was actually rarity' thing at the end. Took me completely be surprise.
    Last edited by Altaria87; 2011-11-05 at 10:00 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, the Derpy-Dinky fanon was really the most tenuous of connections.

I loved the awkward look AJ gave Sweetie Belle when she marveled over the grape crushing.

"Yeah, grape juice, that's exactly what we're making, yup..."

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Altaria87 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly preferred this episode to Lesson Zero, it was more like an MLP episode, instead of some (admittedly very good) fan fic. Plus, it contained copious amounts of Best Pony being Best Pony, so that's good. Sad she didn't get a chance to sing, I was predicting that.

On 'Dinky destroying Fanon'. I can't believe everyone seems to ahve forgot Dinky is Derpy's daughter, not sister. All that was confirmed is that Derpy has two daughters, or got a friend to stand in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My point was it would have made Derpy really old for her to have a daughter that old.

Come on. You didn't see the switch? You missed the eye color. And the no talking. And the dirt not disappearing after one scene?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #1134

episode thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

a bit too strong on the emotions at the start for my taste, hope it isn't going to be the general strength.
    I liked that Rarity tried not to snap at Sweetie.

Parents! the number seen of parents has increased by 50%

sheep being able to talk and still being herded and put into a fold like that has some unfortunate implications.
    Anyone have a good solution/explanation for them?

was it just me or did it look like Rarity and Sweetie bumped into that other team when they were carrying their eggs? that wouldn't be very sporting of them. Oh well probably wasn't on purpose.

also first Episode with no Twillight.

Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    episode thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

a bit too strong on the emotions at the start for my taste, hope it isn't going to be the general strength.
    I liked that Rarity tried not to snap at Sweetie.

Parents! the number seen of parents has increased by 50%

sheep being able to talk and still being herded and put into a fold like that has some unfortunate implications.
    Anyone have a good solution/explanation for them?

was it just me or did it look like Rarity and Sweetie bumped into that other team when they were carrying their eggs? that wouldn't be very sporting of them. Oh well probably wasn't on purpose.

also first Episode with no Twillight.

Spoiler
    Show
    The sheep were almost surely a reference to the movie "Babe" where they tell Babe, the pig, that if he asks politely then they're happy to be herded.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ep 5 stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sweetie Bell's breakfast was just great. Burned juice, liquifed and burned toast, what looked like burned apple slices and maybe celery stalks.

The parents, I like them. Father had three footballs as a cutie mark, so maybe a football coach? Mother was wearing capri pants so we couldn't see her mark, but both were properly fashion impaired. (Because the law of funny dictates that the parents of a fashionista MUST be fashion impaired)

Bored Sweetie bell pushing herself across the floor is the best thng, i'm calling meme right now.

Applejack and Applebloom working together is very cute and heartwarming, as is proper, this is actually about 2/3 a Rarity & Sweetie Bell ep and 1/3 an Applejack episode, with AJ providing the voice of reason and leading by example.

Rarity realizing that there are other ways to be inspired was a good touch. Gone with the wind ref, had to be done, obvious in retrospect.

I was a bit unsure about Rarity seeming to think only about herself, but even normally very nice people can have blind spots when it comes to their siblings. You see them every day, so they go in a mental "box" as it were and you don't treat them as you would someone you weren't related to.

Contest was cute, and I actually didn't guess the twist until the very end, going back and looking it was obvious, but I was too busy watching the background first time around.

Friendship report without Twilight, we were right about ep 3 opening it up for her not to be shoehorned in. (now we need to see someone photoshop insane twilight into the background of the contest.)

"Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1137

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sheep were almost surely a reference to the movie "Babe" where they tell Babe, the pig, that if he asks politely then they're happy to be herded.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That may be, I would still like some in-universe theory I could incorporate into my headcannon as an explanation.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Spoiler
    Show
    ruined fanon! ruined fanon everywhere!

aside from dinky, Berry(punch)shine and Ruby is no longer mother/daughter but sisters.

and Carrot top (golden harvest) is sister with Bonnie, who was with the mortal combat stallion with guitar cutie mark in eps 4. but in eps 4 carrot was with dinky on the same exact scene.

lol, people takes fanon too seriously sometimes.

I thought this one was a great episode.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

decided to watch it and jot down points in notebook rather than try to post throughout this week....

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, Rarity, it helps if you can SEE when you run.....

!!! PARENTS !!!

liquified AND burnt toast??? HOW?

YES YES YES I totally 2nd the sing a song suggestion!!!!!

the boutique is much bigger than we have seen previously

socks on the clothesline!! socks on the clothesline!!

swallowing all that rage cannot be healthy

a crapping dog game?? REALLY?!!? do you win or lose when it takes a dump?

I LOVE LUCY REFERENCE!!! yeah....sooooooo many 4-8 year old girls are gonna get that...

make a wish...whoever gets the bigger piece of Applejack wins!

ONE DAY!

hmmmm, Berry in race...and berry watching race---TWINS! we get to keep our Berry Punch and the other one is the new Berryshine that hasbro just introduced 8)

Bwahahaha...Rarity in multiple ponytales

WAAAAAHHhhhhhhh.....why you no have song???

now i gotta wait for the youtubes so i can properly freeze and check out the sister pairings they show..and the crowds in background

My immediate thoughts

Episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    payoff from end of Lesson Zero... they didnt have to figure out some way to shoehorn her in and disrupt the flow of the episode

random thought....
    I really hope they show/mention some family for Scootaloo this season so the "Scoot is a homeless orphan" fanfics can stop
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-11-05 at 10:28 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That may be, I would still like some in-universe theory I could incorporate into my headcannon as an explanation.
    Theory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sheep can talk and are kinda sentient, but like cows are easiely spooked. They also have terribly short memories, and although they say "You could have just asked" in reality they forget where they're going every 3 minutes and have to be re-asked, and if anything odd happens like a sudden noise they all freak and scatter. It's easier to just herd them in the end.

Having raised sheep I can confirm that this view is 100% accurate to actual sheep. If they had 10 times the brain power they'd still be dumb as a box of rocks. If sheep in equestra lack magic, they likely willingly "work" for the ponies providing wool in return for food, protection and shearing. (same thing goes for the cows.)
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show