New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1470
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    Random Ep 5 thought.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Rarity came back fairly quickly with the "Rare" gems, did anybody else have a vision of her going straight over and kicking the crud out of the Diamond Dogs until they gave her the gems?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was too busy wondering why she couldn't salvage any of the gems Sweetiebelle used. Rub off some of the glue and they're good as new. But the dogs are terrible at finding gems which is why they took Rarity in the first place, I can't see them having a trove of especially rare ones.

But that IS an amusing mental image.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Unborne View Post
    Well now, I think I've lurked these past twenty threads long enough. I have to say, I only read and didn't post because I could never find anything I could contribute.

But that ends today! With my new ponified avatar and exciting news that I'm editing the second and future episodes of this little gem, I can safely say that I feel like I'm contributing to the herd for once!

Anyways, onto the episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone else get teary-eyed when Rarity looked at Sweetie Belle's picture?
    This might be belated since you've been lurking, but welcome nonetheless:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Herpa Derp, got caught up in the moment. I actualy relised that about halfway thru posting that. However, this will lead to new fanon charecters, and if that is the case then Derpy has a sister almost as young as her own youngest child, and that Fanon derpy is a even younger mother that what is normaly discribed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Er, what? Why does this require Derpy to have a sister as young as Dinky? The pony Dinky was with is either Dinky's sister, in which case she's Derpy's daughter whether biological or adopted, or she's not, in which case she could be a friend, any different family member, or even a friend of Derpy's.

Unless Derpy was in the contest with someone we've never seen, which I do not recall being the case, there's nothing here suggesting that Derpy has a sister as young as Dinky.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #1234

Well now, I think I've lurked these past twenty threads long enough. I have to say, I only read and didn't post because I could never find anything I could contribute.

But that ends today! With my new ponified avatar and exciting news that I'm editing the second and future episodes of this little gem, I can safely say that I feel like I'm contributing to the herd for once!

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome! Your video is fantastic, love the idea and I will have to watch the rest of it a little later.

Don't worry about being able to contribute anything in particular, just post when the mood grabs you.

and yes that was pretty damn adorable
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey ponythread. The meet up was fun, about 15 people showed up, we chatted, had lunch at the food court, wandered through the mall a bit and generally hung out and compared pony notes. Good time was had by all.

Obvious really.

Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to hear your catch up went wel- ARGH MY SPLEEN, STOP LINKING THAT PICTURE!

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome aboard! I'm sure someone will be along with the traditional greeting macros before long.

Also, just finished watching part 1, that is some pretty impressive work there! Never played the Phoenix Wright series, but the snarking he does at the ponies was classic Eagerly await the next part ^^

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Er, what? Why does this require Derpy to have a sister as young as Dinky? The pony Dinky was with is either Dinky's sister, in which case she's Derpy's daughter whether biological or adopted, or she's not, in which case she could be a friend, any different family member, or even a friend of Derpy's.

Unless Derpy was in the contest with someone we've never seen, which I do not recall being the case, there's nothing here suggesting that Derpy has a sister as young as Dinky.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Err, she was. Look at the first few moments before the competition. There is clearly a pegusi mare with bubbles for a cuti mark bobbing for apples in the first few seconds after the pie eating scene. ( Is that going to be a running gag?)She is visable for most of the race. Thats what people are going crazy about.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-11-05 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Dogs do that. If they want to run off, they'll always come back when they're done, unless something prevents it. Sometimes, the best way to get a dog to come back is to ignore its romp, especially if it's the playful type. My family's dog is like that: every time she manages to dash out of the fence, we leave her be, as otherwise she'll just think we're playing chase and run all around town.
    Of course, we live right next to a major road. And said dog is a rescue dog (and is a rather more work than I think Mum should have undertaken, but my sister had just had a rescue dog, so Mum followed suite, only hers had/has problems) and is a bit funny (and I don't mean haha funny). And it's fireworks night. It's all compounded, of course, by Mum's illness (and while worrying about Nanny): she doesn't handle a crisis very well these days, unfortunately, especially on a bad day like she has been having. (If Nanny wasn't in hospital, she'd had been in bed most of the day. )

Still, it's mostly sorted now.

Episode 5 (somewhat later than usual, for various reasons!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not bad. I wasn't laughing as much as this one, but it was fun to see Sweetie and Rarity in particular operating as pair. I like the though of mixing up the major characters a bit, and intermixing the younger and older ponies.

Rarity was hilarious, as usual.

I think the message of this one passed me by a bit. But I think some of that is it's a bit different when you don't have same-sex siblings, especially when you're the eldest. I always got on tolerably well with my oldest sister (who's four years younger than me) as a child: there weren't really many occasions where I felt she was "hanging on" as it were. My youngest sister is eleven years younger, so that was never an issue. Both of 'em got corrupted into wargames/roleplaying, mind (as have, on at least one occasion, pretty much every single member of my family, yes, even my grandparents!). My youngest sister still plays on our day games, but she's dropped out of the weekly ones, partly because of work. (My advice is to corrupt 'em young...)

(I did have another sister (who would have been a middle sister), as well, but sadly, I never got to know her very much, as she died at aged nine months or so when I was about seven or eight, due to a heart defect.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only thing that actually stands out as weird is the sunny-side-up eggs for breakfast, but since it's humans watching the show they'd probably expect to see something like that as a breakfast food. Oatmeal might have been a better breakfast food for ponies, but that probably wouldn't seem appealing to the younger audience. I like it now, but when I was a kid I wouldn't have.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, not really...We kinda knew they must eat eggs, because of the baking; so it's not a large stretch, really. Despite what Pinkie said, ponies clearly aren't really vegetarian (or herbivore.)

Actually, wasn't Pinkie the one that mentioned hot dogs in one episode? That makes those pigs interesting...!

To be honest, it makes more sense to me that ponies are more omnivorous than herbivorous, given than the former tend to be much smarter animals (see the note on sheep-intelligence earlier in the thread!) After all, it's theorised human intelligence (I use that term loosely...) developed partly due to diet (seafood in that case).

Liked the fact that Twilight doesn't need to be in every episode, when it otherwise doesn't make sense; that was a good call on the writer's part. Don't get me wrong, I like Twilight, but she doesn't need to be in every episode. (Spike on the other hand... Huzzah!)

The switchover took me by surprise - though I wasn't really thinking much (and half-concentrating on the background ponies!) and it's getting late in the day (it's half-past two as I write this!) my brain is getting the dumb by this point...

And on that note, I fear 'tis time for me to retire to meditate, least I accidently confuse Hopereaver for a belligerent giraffe armed with a rocket-propelled canteloupe again.

*glare*

Look, I said I was sorry, and you can hardly see the scars...

8. - Top - End - #1238

Drawfriend drop!

The dragon knew it was in trouble when the next thing it heard Trixie say was "Starlight Breaker!":
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    The dragon knew it was in trouble when the next thing it heard Trixie say was "Starlight Breaker!"
    So she's about to suplex Twilight? No seriously the befriending attack can never belong to Trixie

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Err, she was. Look at the first few moments before the competition. There is clearly a pegusi mare with bubbles for a cuti mark bobbing for apples in the first few seconds after the pie eating scene. ( Is that going to be a running gag?)She is visable for most of the race. Thats what people are going crazy about.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every comment I've seen so far has referred to Dinky, not Derpy. Looking at the moments you point to:

Bobbing for apples - That is not Derpy, it's another character with similar (but slightly different) coat and mane colors. Her cutie mark is not bubbles (in future scenes that give a closer look it appears to me to be a scroll), her mane is styled differently, and her eyes are a different color (purple, not gold) and not derped. She's also wearing a pink-and-white hat and has a pink band around one leg.

This same character is seen running the race, which is where we get a good look at her cutie mark. Derpy most definitely is not in the race.

I think I might see Derpy in the crowd that Granny Smith addresses before the race and in the group of spectators in the stands sometimes, but it's hard to tell since she's always behind a bunch of other ponies. If it is her though, they forgot to derp her eyes. And even if it is, since she's just a spectator, there are no implications of her having a younger sister here. In fact, it would likely just mean she's there to watch/support Dinky and her (real or otherwise) sister.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-11-05 at 10:24 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I rewatched Dragonshy recently and a few things really caught my attention. For representing the element of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash sure gives up on Fluttershy pretty fast and wants to leave her behind. And for representing the element of Honesty, Applejack seems awfully willing to slip in a few white lies to make Fluttershy feel better about herself. I know there's been some past speculation as to why Applejack and Rainbow Dash have their respective elements, and this just raises more questions for me.

12. - Top - End - #1242

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So she's about to suplex Twilight? No seriously the befriending attack can never belong to Trixie
    Befriendship is all about making friends out of ones old enemies, ne?

Seriously. If you can befriend The Book Of Darkness, there's hope for The Great And Powerful Trixie.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

13. - Top - End - #1243

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    I rewatched Dragonshy recently and a few things really caught my attention. For representing the element of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash sure gives up on Fluttershy pretty fast and wants to leave her behind. And for representing the element of Honesty, Applejack seems awfully willing to slip in a few white lies to make Fluttershy feel better about herself. I know there's been some past speculation as to why Applejack and Rainbow Dash have their respective elements, and this just raises more questions for me.
    You aren't the first pony to notice that

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    LIES AND SLANDER. WAIT...NO, THE OPPOSITE! SOCKS!LIXIE IS BEST LIXIE!
    Second.

I mean, really, what could ever top Socks!Lixie?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I suppose you're right

I suppose I've overestimated how much party I'm missing, but I did kinda feel a bit like Pinkamena in Party of One just then
    If it helps a bit, I feel the same way that you feel about the chat. Even when I'm in the chat, I feel so overwhelmed that by the time I've posted anything, the rest of the group has moved on to another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Some Rarity and Spike in honor of the new episode. Spike is behaving badly, I think a lesson on proper manners is in order:

Flankylicious (not a spoiler):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spike's thoughts the entire time. Sorry, but the joke had to be made.

Also, I really like her... flank- er I mean, her mane! Definitely, Rarity's mane.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    NOT episode 5. It's actually TF2 related:
    Spoiler
    Show
    TF2 and MLP are bestest crossover ever.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, not really...We kinda knew they must eat eggs, because of the baking; so it's not a large stretch, really. Despite what Pinkie said, ponies clearly aren't really vegetarian (or herbivore.)

Actually, wasn't Pinkie the one that mentioned hot dogs in one episode? That makes those pigs interesting...!

To be honest, it makes more sense to me that ponies are more omnivorous than herbivorous, given than the former tend to be much smarter animals (see the note on sheep-intelligence earlier in the thread!) After all, it's theorised human intelligence (I use that term loosely...) developed partly due to diet (seafood in that case).
    Glad your dog was found again.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah I knew about the eggs for baking. Regular cooked eggs wouldn't be that much different, but aren't the 'sunny-side-up' eggs partially uncooked? Just made hot enough to kill any bacteria/parasites but with the yolks still runny? Or is that another style? Seems like it might be harder to digest either way, but I don't know for sure.

For the hot dogs, I always assumed Pinkie Pie meant veggie dogs. CARNIVORE PONIES are a little unnerving to me, probably because it's only one step from that to Z-Z-Z-ZOMBIE PONIES!
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

18. - Top - End - #1248

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I remember one of the abridged series kept switching honesty/loyalty whenever they came up.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    I remember one of the abridged series kept switching honesty/loyalty whenever they came up.
    From the same person who did that video I linked, Friendship is Witchcraft

EDIT:
    HA HA! The ninja'd becomes the ninj...ee? ninjer? ninjess?
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-11-05 at 11:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    eeeyup
    Friendship is Witchcraft

Pinkie'd!!!!
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-11-05 at 11:45 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

So since I haven't done so in a couple of weeks, I just wanted to take another opportunity to advertise the My Little Pony Heal/Hurt (most recent update post). The characters have been whittled down by about half now from where we started, in spite of a revival every Sunday and newcomers after every new episode, and there are some real competitions over characters' survival going on now. One just concluded with Discord's second death (after he was brought back from the dead by Nurse Redheart's god power a few weeks ago), and other characters in contention include Trixie, Twist, Ocatvia, and even to an extent Rarity.

Today we're voting on a dark power to activate - a potent, harmful power chosen from one of the dead or departed characters - and the vote is a close race between the just-killed Gummy and Silver Spoon. Tomorrow we have the revive vote, where Cheerilee, Gummy, Rose, and Silver Spoon (and possibly Berry Punch, who is very close to death) will have the chance to come back to life. Special votes like those go on practically every day, so the game can be a lot of fun.

Zevox

22. - Top - End - #1252

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Pinkie'd!!!!
    I like that our avatars appear to be saluting each other as worthy opponents

23. - Top - End - #1253

After the snow storm here in connecticut knocking out power from sunday-tuesday (and apparently still out in some places), and a few days of just putting off ponies for various reasons I am able to post here again. First I'd like to say I am disappoint ponythread. A full week since I last checked and you only went up 30 pages. And now onto a (very) minor quote wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post

Anyways, here's some proof.

(And now you all know what we look like.)
    Strangely that is exactly how I pictured you. Not "Oh hey, that has a somewhat resemblance to my mental picture." I mean exactly what went on in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I have no words on how to describe the greatness of this. (despite it's mundane nature it is strangely awesome.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    To the various peeps who helped me come up with a humanised Charger, I think I finally did it. So thanks!
    Nice, though I can't stop thinking there is a follow-up picture showing arm raised and pointed shouting "Objection!".
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone! Even if we couldn't find a pattern posted somewhere, it just confirms to my mind that noone has put one up yet.

I'll fall back to my failsafe backup plan, which is to take a screencap of trixie or somepony else rearing back and pixilate it in photoshop
    If this is going on still, try one of the things people use for minecraft to convert pictures to something that can be made in the game, I've done that for other things.

As far as the new episode, one of my favorites and my friend I watch everything with mlp related (still love the day I converted him) and he found it good too. Disappointed no songs yet.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-11-05 at 11:34 PM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yay... Archive Dive successful

Pinkie Ninja stands ready for future use

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post

I have no words on how to describe the greatness of this. (despite it's mundane nature it is strangely awesome.)
    yeah...he had to redeem himself with something that good after i tricked him with the short story i wrote

Obvious really.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    what i love about that pic is the detail...the excess glue leaking out from under some of the gems and the heart she drew first but didnt QUITE manage to perfectly follow with the gems...makes it seem so authentic
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-11-05 at 11:58 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #1255

Well, finally saw the new episode, my thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show

It was so-so overall, had some interesting things, but a good deal of it resonated a "meh" response out of me.

For the first half of the episode, I was expecting the lesson would be something along the lines of "It is tough being an adult, learn to accept that older siblings have responsibilities you don't." I mean, theoretically the target audience of the show is younger people, you know, people Sweetie Belle's age. Having her interrupt Rarity's work constantly, finally to learn that yes, her sister does have a job and that she has a certain workload she needs to get done. You know, like a seven year old kid and their older brother/sister, who has school, work, and so on that eats away at their time.

You know, something like Sweetie Belle constantly interrupting Rarity, and then one of the customer's comes in and finds their order not complete, and flips out at Rarity in front of her sister. Kid learns that adults have expectations, and that there are consequences when they aren't met. She also learns that by making so many messes, she is actively keeping her sister from meeting those expectations.

When the actual message came across, I was a bit disappointed. "Sisters should get along and compromise" is ok, but Rarity was the one doing all of the compromising. I mean, Sweetie Belle comes over and makes mess after mess, which they then shoehorn into having good outcomes in order to put Rarity in a negative light. I know I tend to keep my living space in organized chaos, and when someone comes by and tries (or worse, actually does!) clean it up, I am lost for days.

Still, overall not terrible, maybe a 6 out of 10.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

New Episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    The entire lesson was shoehorned in... badly.

In addition, the characters seemed... i dunno, 'forced' may be the word? Applejack and Applebloom's relationship was overplayed very deliberately - I might've been able to forgive it if they had had an argument or two the whole bloody episode (Am I the only one who remembers the apple stand incidents?)

Why was Sweetie Belle dropped off by her parents? We've seen Sweetie Belle there before. She goes to SCHOOL in Ponyville.

Rarity's overdrama worked for me in Twilight's crazy episode because the other ponies could call her out on it. Here it's played straight, and it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

And maybe I'm being too demanding of a kid's show, but the fact the lesson was clear from the get-go was the straw on the back of the camel that needs a doctor.

After the series as a whole being really, really good, that was just... Gah I hope this won't be a pattern...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Banned

tongue Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

My, just look at the time!

TIME TO RIDE IN YODELING ON A MOONWHALE

Spoiler
    Show

YODEL~ ADLE~ EEDLE~ IDLE~ OOOOOOO~

Hwatcha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I will check it out one day. It sounds really fun, I just don't have the time right now.
    You're a horrible pony. I see why you have a "Rarity" avatar. Poor Druid Droid...

S'okay. It was fun while it lasted.

Deadly, Thursday night I noticed that I had been the last poster on the thread for two hours. I went into the IRC to see if everypony was there, and found two whole lurkers. I think fall just fell on us ponies.

So I don't get to use my Rarity-class pout:

First the RP left, and I said nothing because I wasn't an RPer.
    Then the sketches and art commentary left, and I said nothing because I wasn't an artist.
    Then the new episode commentary left, and I said nothing because I didn't like spoilers.
    Then there was nopony left to say anything to.

Isn't that pithy? Now I'm sorry that it's totally bogus.
    Welly Welly Welly well!

You're in luck me Bucko! Or... Whatever the female version is? I'm not sure. AMISH! pirate words! I needs help with thems!

[FFRP] Magic Is Meticulous
    *PPPPSSSSSST* Esperderek and Kris_Strife are going to want to look at this one. Just sayin'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Topaz grins. Aye, Captain. One sixteenth to starboard and steady as she goes. The bubble lifts off gently, rises just above the trees, swings around in the direction Starry indicated and begins to accelerate.
    Starry splays her weight as evenly as possible across all four hooves, and tucks her head in low for good measure. Zooming by below, half-obscured by the edges of the everfree, is the poorly chiseled caricature of Brazen Shield and Nightmare Moon, "cavorting".

And growing ever so slightly larger by the second is a purplish spot on the horizon, slowly resolving itself into the shape of a pony as they approach...

[FFRP] Finding Berry Ann
    Spoiler
    Show
    Topaz finishes clearing her head and looks around. Is there a control for the door? I don't want to just leave it hanging open like this.
    Starry wildly shakes bits of jell-o from her mane. I'm... Not sure. There's bound to be something, but...

She stops, and peers into the darker corners of the interior, her still-woozy eyes intent.

Are... Are those bones?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Never change your phone.
    GAH!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-11-06 at 12:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Well, finally saw the new episode, my thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show

It was so-so overall, had some interesting things, but a good deal of it resonated a "meh" response out of me.

For the first half of the episode, I was expecting the lesson would be something along the lines of "It is tough being an adult, learn to accept that older siblings have responsibilities you don't." I mean, theoretically the target audience of the show is younger people, you know, people Sweetie Belle's age. Having her interrupt Rarity's work constantly, finally to learn that yes, her sister does have a job and that she has a certain workload she needs to get done. You know, like a seven year old kid and their older brother/sister, who has school, work, and so on that eats away at their time.

You know, something like Sweetie Belle constantly interrupting Rarity, and then one of the customer's comes in and finds their order not complete, and flips out at Rarity in front of her sister. Kid learns that adults have expectations, and that there are consequences when they aren't met. She also learns that by making so many messes, she is actively keeping her sister from meeting those expectations.

When the actual message came across, I was a bit disappointed. "Sisters should get along and compromise" is ok, but Rarity was the one doing all of the compromising. I mean, Sweetie Belle comes over and makes mess after mess, which they then shoehorn into having good outcomes in order to put Rarity in a negative light. I know I tend to keep my living space in organized chaos, and when someone comes by and tries (or worse, actually does!) clean it up, I am lost for days.

Still, overall not terrible, maybe a 6 out of 10.

Spoiler
    Show
    True, but Sweetie Bell only wanted to help the big sister she adores. Rarity did nothing to include her in her day, and constantly pushed her away lest she do something... *gasp* imperfectly!

29. - Top - End - #1259

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    My, just look at the time!

TIME TO RIDE IN YODELING ON A MOONWHALE

Spoiler
    Show

YODEL~ ADLE~ EEDLE~ IDLE~ OOOOOOO~

Hwatcha!
    SiuiS! Message from IRC. You owe Braz Sexy arts!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

30. - Top - End - #1260

So, I was talking with a friend about episodes I don't particularly like, and I mentioned Boast Busters, because I dislike the plot line of "Someone shows up more powerful than the main character!? Must be a fraud!"

I then went on to tell him about how I dislike the fact that by the end, Trixie has lost her house, stage, equipment, and fancy cape. Destroying the livelihood of someone who inconveniences you slightly just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

But!

He then pointed out something to me, which amuses me and just knocked the episode up a few pegs in my mind: Trixie probably had insurance on her gear.

This brings to my imagination an elaborate plot on Trixie's part to collect on insurance, basing it on the Discworld description of it as "Gambling that your establishment WON'T burn down."

So, this leads to Trixie putting a massive insurance policy on her gear, then telling the Ursa story to implant the idea into her two idiot fans' minds. Ursa comes, she puts up a token fight, lets her place get ripped apart, and runs off.

The scene we don't see is where she is swimming in a pile of gold and hookers McDuck style in a mansion the size of Canterlot.

To explain her look of shock when the Ursa comes by: she is a stage magician, she probably has a few acting tricks, and can fake surprise and shock.

So, just wondering, what do you guys think of this?

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs