New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    So , earlier today I decided to make a small test.

This small test began with Jungle Skarner, 0/21/9 masteries, Aspd marks, Armor seals, MR per level glyphs and HP quints. Route was Wraiths > wolves > golem > enemy wraiths. Killed enemy wraiths at 3:18 with practically full health and proceeded to kill the rest of the enemy jungle.

Then I went fiddlesticks. 21/0/9, MPen, Mregen/level/Flap AP/Flat AP. Blue > Wolves> Wraiths.

Skarner arrives at the enemy wraiths shortly before fiddle kills the blue wraith, more than enough time to fracture steal it with fracture.

Funky, ain't it?

Edit: blue wraith, I mean, not blue buff.
    So... jungling is easier now?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

...I assume you're talking about Shyvana?
    Yeah, the name were something like that.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

I keep wanting excuses to take the extra starting gold mastery but I find it hard to justify when it's the same tier as extra XP.

:(
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground

Preview of the new skins coming up:

http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/jump-i...-amethyst-ashe
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Anyone have any opinion on the Graves nerf?
    Haven't had the chance to play with nerf!Graves but on paper they look a tad excessive.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-11-15 at 03:54 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    You weren't seriously expecting anything different, were you?
    More "hoping" than "expecting".
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    So... jungling is easier now?
    New masteries are really good, really, really good. As said before, most junglers will have time shaved out of their standard paths.

Some junglers, however, mainly the control types such as Skarner, will likely see a big widening of their path options, such as the one I made earlier (which I tested against a friend and almost killed him, while stealing most of his wraiths and then walking off practically full health).

This could very well make ganking junglers very risky to run if there is any chance of a counterjungler being picked. Skarner was already nasty, now he is nastier. Possibly the nastiest.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #668
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, you can make jungle times absurd with Surge and the new masteries.

also, heal is OP

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by efdf View Post
    Yeah, you can make jungle times absurd with Surge and the new masteries.

also, heal is OP
    Efdf has called it
    inb4 new meta

10. - Top - End - #670
    Pixie in the Playground

What the hell did they do to my Jax?!

Where did my Evasion go? Where did my nimbleness go?

Can someone help me deal with this new masteries? I'm still kinda new but so far Jax and Kog'Maw where my "main" characters.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Efdf has called it
    inb4 new meta
    Forget efdf (for once ), Hotshot called it on stream yesterday.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

So, it seems like attacking with Fizz is about like a melee version of DOTA's venomancer in that attack speed is worthless as long as you can hit often enough to keep your DOT on your target.

Whoever was wanting to taunt from trollpole: Yeah, not happening. The untargetability is like, a little less than a second. I pretty much have to be hammering the button just to get him to actually vault and not just groundpound. It's a funky little mechanic, I'll be using it as a block button more than an escape, although it can vault certain walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

13. - Top - End - #673

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    So, it seems like attacking with Fizz is about like a melee version of DOTA's venomancer in that attack speed is worthless as long as you can hit often enough to keep your DOT on your target.

Whoever was wanting to taunt from trollpole: Yeah, not happening. The untargetability is like, a little less than a second. I pretty much have to be hammering the button just to get him to actually vault and not just groundpound. It's a funky little mechanic, I'll be using it as a block button more than an escape, although it can vault certain walls.
    You just need to bind taunt to a hotkey. Or, if you have a mouse like mine, bind it to the "back" button.

On a related note, Shyvanna has an alternate taunt and laugh while ulted. No dance or joke in that form, however. 7/10
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    You just need to bind taunt to a hotkey. Or, if you have a mouse like mine, bind it to the "back" button.

On a related note, Shyvanna has an alternate taunt and laugh while ulted. No dance or joke in that form, however. 7/10
    Interesting thing about Shyvana. I probably wouldn't bother with the taunt, unless, like, I dodged a lethal timebomb right in front of Zilean or dodged Karthus' ult in front of him or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Swains ult has best jokes.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Preview of the new skins coming up:

http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/jump-i...-amethyst-ashe
    Hot damn 'dat Vlad. Though they will have to fix his cape animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    New masteries are really good, really, really good. As said before, most junglers will have time shaved out of their standard paths.

Some junglers, however, mainly the control types such as Skarner, will likely see a big widening of their path options, such as the one I made earlier (which I tested against a friend and almost killed him, while stealing most of his wraiths and then walking off practically full health).

This could very well make ganking junglers very risky to run if there is any chance of a counterjungler being picked. Skarner was already nasty, now he is nastier. Possibly the nastiest.
    Interesting... now if I could just learn how to jungle/gank/ect., it might open up my options in gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I know, right??

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

*Wants to buy Shyvana, Fizz and Skarner*

*Only has enough for one-and-a-half of them*

What do I dooooooooo
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-11-15 at 06:33 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

It's like I've gone back in time to before the great jungler massacre, AND I LOVE IT.

Also Rammus is INSANE again.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Also Rammus is INSANE again.
    Do tell. I guess the Bladed Armor greatly increases his jungle speed?

Anyone have experience with Yorick in Dominion? I've decided that the way to win solo queue Dominion is to play a kick butt bottom laner and just be an absolute pain in the butt and force the other team to devote more than 1 person to guard bottom.
    Last edited by Joran; 2011-11-15 at 06:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680

Bladed Armor... is actually pretty meh, if you ask me. It is more damage to creeps, but not a particularly large source, and stops being relevant after the initial clear, along with the two Tier 1 defense points you sunk into it - which would be far more relevant in either +4 Armor/MR.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

21. - Top - End - #681
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by balistafreak View Post
    Bladed Armor... is actually pretty meh, if you ask me.
    Get to four earlier, with higher health, better chance of an early gank going well, better chance of a kill for you or your laner which will help you start buying Wriggle's (for tanky DPS)/tank items (For Rammus/Amumu)/infinity Doran's Blades (for Lee Sin) or your laner can use the moneys to dominate their lane and snowball from there.

Seems relevant all game to me.

the actual real life tier list that's true
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blitzcrank Tier: This tier contains champions that are Blitzcrank and will continue to be Blitzcrank throughout the match. Champions in this tier fulfill the role of being Blitzcrank perfectly.

Tier 1: These champions aren't quite as absurdly OP as those in Blitzcrank Tier, but they're still kind of good. They generally either have one part of the game where they excel and do decently for the rest of the game or they're really good for the entire match.

Tier 1.5: These are dudes who I kneejerked into tier 1 when I was writing this to start with and then asked myself are they really as good as Galio and the answer was they are not as good as Galio but they're close. They're more characters who take a while to get going or fall off a bit rather than characters who are just great the whole time (even if the reason changes a la Kennen)

Tier 2: These champions are good. They're alright. They're not horrible, but they're not Blitzcrank and that's a big flaw. They're not even Galio. But it's cool 'cause at least they're not Eve.

Tier 2.5 These champions are to Tier 2 what tier 1.5 is to Tier 1. Also I realised that pretty much every support in the game is in this tier for whatever reason. What's up with that.

Tier 3: This tier contains champions which aren't very good. Furthermore they're bad (they're not bad). They either fall off really hard late game or don't have an early game good enough for them to ever fall ON. (this is mostly untrue they're just not as good as tier 2s)

Tier 4: HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE RALLY CLARITY JUNGLE ALSO MID

Blitzcrank Tier
    Blitzcrank

Tier 1
    Galio, Singed, Kennen, Cho'Gath, Teemo, Caitlyn, Malzahar, Lee Sin, Warwick, Trundle

Tier 1.5
    Anivia, Pantheon, Poppy, Nasus, Rumble, Wukong, Akali, Cassiopeia, Karthus, Kog'maw, Master Yi, Heimerdinger

Tier 2
    Ezreal, Udyr, Garen, Amumu, Graves, Jax, Vayne, Olaf, Nocturne, Morgana, Brand, Talon, Urgot, Swain, Janna, Corki, Maokai

Tier 2.5
    Karma, Nidalee, Fiddles, Shen, Orianna, Taric, Sona, Tryndamere, Vlad, Soraka, Annie, Yorick, Zilean, Xerath, Tristana, Kayle, Mordekaiser, Alistar

Tier 3
    Miss Fortune, Twisted Fate, Lux, Ashe, Irelia, Kassadin, LeBlanc, Gragas, Skarner, Shyvana, Riven, Ryze, Rammus, Jarvan, Gangplank, Renekton, Leona, Xin Zhao, Katarina, Dr Mundo, Sivir, Veigar, Malphite

Tier 4
    Eve, Nunu, Shaco, Sion, Twitch <- there is no order to these ones they're just not very good

actually I'm really happy with tier 1, but other than that there are lots of mistakes

I think Yi needs to be higher I also think Amumu needs to be in tier 1 maybe probably top of 1.5 if not.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-11-15 at 07:41 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

We just had a very weird game.
    Spoiler
    Show

So, bullet and I lose our lane badly against pure ad garen and trynd only ganked once. So at 8 minutes, trynd says he hopes we'll surrender at 20 to the enemy team. Then he and the enemy team start having a chat on how shyv was getting good practice on playing her but needed a good team to play against. This goes to where I'm 0/6/0 where shiv tower dives me past 3 of my allies who push back everyone else. So I ult her, from almost barely getting out of tower range, to Q spamming her under the turret for my 4th kill. She then responds, "Bot games put me off my guard. This is only a little more challenging." We were 4/16 at this time.

Then we won every single teamfight ever and farm like crazy. The first 3 teamfights, they were so over confident that the fed team engaged us 4v5 while another one of them takes out a tower. by the 4th teamfight, they realized they needed all 5 of them since we were catching up, but by then I had a maxed out manamune. We then took baron after the 4th team fight and then pushed for the win after the 5th.

Its weird to do really badly as Urgot early game, but then do awesome as Urgot late game.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2011-11-15 at 07:47 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post

What do I dooooooooo
    Skarner, definitely Skarner.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post

What do I dooooooooo
    Well, personally I love Shyvana, because I can turn into a dragon and then spam /l to creep people out.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    We just had a very weird game.
    Spoiler
    Show

So, bullet and I lose our lane badly against pure ad garen and trynd only ganked once. So at 8 minutes, trynd says he hopes we'll surrender at 20 to the enemy team. Then he and the enemy team start having a chat on how shyv was getting good practice on playing her but needed a good team to play against. This goes to where I'm 0/6/0 where shiv tower dives me past 3 of my allies who push back everyone else. So I ult her, from almost barely getting out of tower range, to Q spamming her under the turret for my 4th kill. She then responds, "Bot games put me off my guard. This is only a little more challenging." We were 4/16 at this time.

Then we won every single teamfight ever and farm like crazy. The first 3 teamfights, they were so over confident that the fed team engaged us 4v5 while another one of them takes out a tower. by the 4th teamfight, they realized they needed all 5 of them since we were catching up, but by then I had a maxed out manamune. We then took baron after the 4th team fight and then pushed for the win after the 5th.

Its weird to do really badly as Urgot early game, but then do awesome as Urgot late game.
    Yeah, that was hilarious. I still can't believe how utterly better we were at teamfighting. I believe I ulted you more than anyone, by the way, so thanks for making a good ghoul!

Sometimes I forget how fun Yorick is. Then I play him again. But Riot has admitted they want to nerf his early game... Hopefully he gets a smoother transition as compensation, since his mid game is less than stellar (his late, though, is pretty good again, since he'll just soak it all and keep it up until you die.)

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Do tell. I guess the Bladed Armor greatly increases his jungle speed?
    3.25 clear, 2 hp pots left over, WITHOUT LEASH.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Yeah, that was hilarious. I still can't believe how utterly better we were at teamfighting. I believe I ulted you more than anyone, by the way, so thanks for making a good ghoul!

Sometimes I forget how fun Yorick is. Then I play him again. But Riot has admitted they want to nerf his early game... Hopefully he gets a smoother transition as compensation, since his mid game is less than stellar (his late, though, is pretty good again, since he'll just soak it all and keep it up until you die.)
    I don't think you ever ulted me... Or if you did, I didn't use it.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

...ow. Found out the hard way how terrible Ashe is on Dominion. And I so wanted to use her awesome new skin too :/
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

29. - Top - End - #689

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I don't think you ever ulted me... Or if you did, I didn't use it.
    Oh, I meant the ghoul itself. You, fortunately, never needed to use it.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    "You're asking a giant demon bird....for a joke?"
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2011-11-15 at 10:37 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░