New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, I was mostly referring to the names. Mad Scientist Singed looks fairly different from Classic Singed, for example.
    So... you're annoyed at the name redundancy, but not the skins themselves?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seems to be the case, and what I thought he meant in the first place.

Also, new Vlad skin will have new voiceover... with no puns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl32ZKtIBBI
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    I have like 3 mastery pages I don't change (or I did before the mastery change), and then I just changed my page every time. It takes like 10 seconds to change masteries.
    Uhhhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Gaaaaaaaaah. Mastery pages are killing me bro. I just made a 22/8/0 for AD carries and a 0/0/30 for supports and I'm considering a 0/29/1 for jungle Rammus because IT'S TOO MUCH I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE Y U MAKE ME THINK RIOT

help?
    This. I have different masteries for alot of different champions and it won't get any smaller until I start getting use to the new masteries.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post

Ok, I really like it. It's not nearly as puny though (and thus less synergy with his trollpool) but it makes up so much for the sheer amount of badassery.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

We desperately need a champion with a whip, so he can shout MANKIND ILL NEEDS A SAVIOR SUCH AS YOU every time he kills vlad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    We desperately need a champion with a whip, so he can shout MANKIND ILL NEEDS A SAVIOR SUCH AS YOU every time he kills vlad.
    Does Explorer Ezreal's skin have a whip on him?

7. - Top - End - #817
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Does Explorer Ezreal's skin have a whip on him?
    Wrapped around his left arm. Could just be a rope though. It's quite long.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-11-17 at 01:22 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #818

So what are the CS benchmarks that I should be aiming for? I've been working super hard on improving my last-hitting, and I want to know how far I have to go yet.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    It's quite long.
    Oh my! [/outofcontextquoting]

...also, I think I am ready to start doing Dominion again, using Udyr. Played another game with him on Dominion and loved every second of it.

So from now on, it's prettymuch going to be Udominionyr and Summorgana's Rift for me. And maybe Twisted Treemoline if I'm feeling wacky.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Uhhhhh....

This. I have different masteries for alot of different champions and it won't get any smaller until I start getting use to the new masteries.
    It does. Really. I'll time myself.

20 seconds to create a AD carry page.

I know what i'm running for AD carry, AP Carry, and Support. A few other heroes I might have to change things up, but in draft mode I should have all the time in the world to create a page.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I've been lurking for the past 4 threads, but decided to finally post (even though I haven't played in around a week. . . Skyrim owns my soul currently).

I first played LoL around a year or so ago. Played it for a couple weeks, grew bored and moved on to other things. Then, in August or September a friend started raving to me about how great the game is, so I fired it up again and started playing with him. I've been loving things and love trying various champions. I'm currently level 27 or 28 (can't remember if I hit that level when I played last), and have a decent selection of champions I am proficient with (Garen, Sion, Graves, Udyr, Teemo, Nocturne, and Galio are my favorites even though I don't own Galio), but I have a problem playing with my actual friends because they all only have a champion or two that they'll play.

It wouldn't be so bad, but those champions tend to be rather mediocre or they play them in ways that aren't optimal (the friend who got me back into the game used to only play Ashe, but he now will only play Sona and is absurdly aggressive with her when he should be defensive and defensive when he should be aggressive). I'm fine solo'ing in normal games, but would like to be able to actually play some ranked with friends when we hit 30 and be at least moderately viable. Anyone have any suggestions for how I can convince my friends to try out new champions and expand their repertoires?

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

but would like to be able to actually play some ranked with friends when we hit 30 and be at least moderately viable.
    AFAIK there is 1 player on these boards that plays ranked with any sort of regularity, and that's me. Sometimes I'll convince MTG_Player_Zach to duo with me. efdf plays ranked, but he's also a troll.

You'll find that in general, most people here don't want to play ranked, and those that do are, no offense, going to be very hesitant to play ranked with a player who just hit level 30. I remember when I hit level 30. I could play 1 hero "good" and that was Warwick. I thought I was good with Ashe. I THOUGHT I WAS GOOD WITH ASHE. I was not good with Ashe.

But yeah, basically, I suggest just playing normals with some guys on mumble. If you find that you really want to start playing Ranked 5s, then go for it. More people might be playing ranked 5s on GITP once they actually get the clan system going. I know that I'm going to try and get my team to get their asses in gear. *Cough*

13. - Top - End - #823

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    But yeah, basically, I suggest just playing normals with some guys on mumble. If you find that you really want to start playing Ranked 5s, then go for it. More people might be playing ranked 5s on GITP once they actually get the clan system going. I know that I'm going to try and get my team to get their asses in gear. *Cough*
    I agree. Getting your friends on Mumble will teach them about the game, and maybe prompt them to take on some other roles, as sometimes a champ just doesn't fit in a team comp, and some of us will no doubt politely suggest they might want to try things outside their comfort zones (especially since many of us, like myself, are perfectly fine with trial games and the losing the often occurs from such things).

And yeah...ranked 5 teams might actually get me playing ranked. I'm definitely good enough to do well in ranked, but I just don't like solo or duo queue and can't bring myself to actually do them.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I was smurfing and found out an interesting fact.

When you hit level 4 you still get the warning that you have unlocked the Fortify summoner spell.

And for that record, Nekard Von Chill is my smurf account.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #825

So, I just decided to screw around with Vlad in a custom. Even now, I can see why he scared people. Not even because of trollpool or damage or sustain, no. The thing I was most impressed by was... dat farm. Dear lord, I've never seen such fast farming. And he could fairly safely due further from base because of trollpool. So, yeah, I can understand some of the distaste for him better now.

I have thought of one very simple, but probably useful buff for Vlad: Please, please make his last hitting before he can spam Q and E less painful. That autoattack may be worse than Swain's!

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #826

I play mostly ranked. But I'm a MAJOR tryhard in ranked, and if you make a mistake and try and blame *anything* else, I will call your ass out on it. I hate NOTHING more than people who go into a ranked game and go on autopilot, turning off their brains.

17. - Top - End - #827

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61jL7...eature=related

This may be a closer to finished rendition of the blood lord vlad skin. Notice the cape is somewhat less derpy.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    So what are the CS benchmarks that I should be aiming for? I've been working super hard on improving my last-hitting, and I want to know how far I have to go yet.
    My guide is generally 100 for the first 15 minutes then 100 every 10 or so after that (kills/dragons/towers can start counting as about 10 each after the first 15 minutes if you want) It's actually rather hard to keep that rate going unless you're really good, so don't worry if you slow down.

I have thought of one very simple, but probably useful buff for Vlad: Please, please make his last hitting before he can spam Q and E less painful. That autoattack may be worse than Swain's!
    I know some people actually run AD marks on certain casters for this very reason.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

More like lower the base ratio on E a tad (.45 at all stacks) and allow the ratio to actually scale with his Tides stacks (such as .3 or .35 at base and .6 or .7 at full stacks). That's just counterintuitive and restrictive (i.e. old) design. A token Q/itemization buff would be great, too. As it is, he has decent sustain, sustained damage, and relatively good survivability, but he has little to no burst, CC, or range. A couple of new, unique AP items could go a long way, but that's starting to seem unlikely and the last new AP item I heard about was the AP Executioner's Calling/WotA remake that has seemingly disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    You might want to hold off on posting this for a few days, the account that posted this iteration of the LoL thread has been banned for Previously Banned Poster. We'll be on to a new thread soon, anyways, so it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2011-11-17 at 03:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61jL7...eature=related

This may be a closer to finished rendition of the blood lord vlad skin. Notice the cape is somewhat less derpy.
    I counter with the correct voice.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

I know some people actually run AD marks on certain casters for this very reason.
    That would be so they can start the autoattack earlier and last hit from higher HP, right?
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    So, I was smurfing and found out an interesting fact.

When you hit level 4 you still get the warning that you have unlocked the Fortify summoner spell.

I'm pretty sure Malphite-Bot still takes Fortify/Heal in custom games.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I'm pretty sure Malphite-Bot still takes Fortify/Heal in custom games.
    And it uses Fortify? Or does it use whichever of the new spells now replaced Fortify in the code?

Wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #834

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    That would be so they can start the autoattack earlier and last hit from higher HP, right?
    Two reasons, or at least, these are the two reasons that a) I do it for and b) make the most sense to me. First reason is for casters with noticable windup on their autoattacks it can be quite hard to last hit because it's very intensive having to watch where every single minion autoattack is going. Sometimes if all the minions in a wave focus one caster, your windup isn't quick enough to get it in time. This reason basically lets you hit them when they're higher HP, like you said. The other reason is that on characters like Vlad and Kennen, a lot of harrass early comes from autoattacks (especially when they have a hard time last hitting with autoattacks but an easy time using spells - again, Vlad and Kennen are decent examples) so you can make your harrass deal a bit more damage, which lets you save your spells to do a little last hitting for you.
    BANG → !

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

The other reason is that on characters like Vlad and Kennen, a lot of harrass early comes from autoattacks (especially when they have a hard time last hitting with autoattacks but an easy time using spells - again, Vlad and Kennen are decent examples) so you can make your harrass deal a bit more damage, which lets you save your spells to do a little last hitting for you.
    Wait, so you're saying it's done so that Kennen can harrass with his autoattack and last hit with that lightning dash thing?

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

A message to ye all from members long gone and past.

Apparently, custom game bots, similar to beginner co-op bots, don't use summoner spells.

27. - Top - End - #837

Nah, Lightning Rush is a weird one for Kennen anyway, it's only really there to be used in getting a kill or getting away (frequently both). I have found over my many many Kennen games that it's a lot easier to hit minions with Thundering Shuriken than it is to hit champions. Now, obviously, you go for champions if you're guaranteed to hit, but if you're not sure it's often better to chuck your Shurikens for last hits and just use regular autoattacks + Electrical Surge for harrass on your opponent. That way you're guaranteed to hit everything and deal roughly equal damage. Of course, you still autoattack last hit too.
    BANG → !

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

And it uses Fortify? Or does it use whichever of the new spells now replaced Fortify in the code?

Wow...
    They probably didn't actually take Fortify out of the code base; just flag it unselectable/remove it from the displayed Summoner spells and it has the same effect for the playerbase without having the difficulty of actually removing it and then bugchecking for any unintended consequences or having to recode other things that depended on it... and the bots presumably don't use the Summoner Spell select interface- they just get set directly with Summoner Spell (Fortify internal ID), which would call the theoretically-unchanged-Fortify spell and bypass the player lockout.

That's how I'd guess it was 'removed' if bots are still showing it and not causing any bugs or crashes, at least. It's also possible Fortify was replaced with a dummy spell that doesn't actually do anything.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    They probably didn't actually take Fortify out of the code base; just flag it unselectable/remove it from the displayed Summoner spells and it has the same effect for the playerbase without having the difficulty of actually removing it and then bugchecking for any unintended consequences or having to recode other things that depended on it... and the bots presumably don't use the Summoner Spell select interface- they just get set directly with Summoner Spell (Fortify internal ID), which would call the theoretically-unchanged-Fortify spell and bypass the player lockout.

That's how I'd guess it was 'removed' if bots are still showing it and not causing any bugs or crashes, at least. It's also possible Fortify was replaced with a dummy spell that doesn't actually do anything.
    Good point. After all, they might decide to bring it back someday, like Promote. Always better if some of the work is done ahead of time.

Do you think that the beginning of other "seasons" will have changes as big as these?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Do you think that the beginning of other "seasons" will have changes as big as these?
    Lemme get a brief history of competative LoL:
    Beta: Nothing. High Elo players queue for an hour to play the exact same 10 people.

Open Beta/General Release: Nothing. High Elo players do above and also run lots of custom games. At this point a few old, old NA teams begin to form.

Season 1: High Elo players play Solo Queue. CLG is formed. WCG happens, CLG wins. All the rest is current events. LoL goes from a game made by an Indie company to the 2nd biggest online title in the US. Its picked up by MLG, ESL tourements become pretty big in terms of viewers.

Season 2: 5 Million Dollars in prizes. At least.

If you think about it, Season 1 really was the beginning of competative LoL. the game is still in its infancy as compared to something like Starcraft. The Servers for Korea are not yet open. The servers for China just opened. The servers for SEA still suck. Season 3 might see some pretty big changes, but I doubt it. I think we will see an increased amount of stability for quite some time now.