New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Space Marines in Gears of War 3

How would the space marines react to the situation in gears of war 3 with the lambents? Outright exterminatus or would they just curb stomp them? Also, can a space marine be afflicted by immulsion?
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Space Marines in Gears of War 3

A Space Marine would take a long time to be Immulsionified, and Immulsion-ified humans don't seem to know how to use weapons. Though it does depend on if it the endgame Immulsion, which has mutated far enough that it is able to infect humans, or the Pre-game Pendulum Wars Immulsion, when the Lambent were pretty much just exploding wretches and drones while humans were practically bathing in Immulsion with little side effects.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-11-19 at 05:36 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    A Space Marine would take a long time to be Immulsionified, and Immulsion-ified humans don't seem to know how to use weapons. Though it does depend on if it the endgame Immulsion, which has mutated far enough that it is able to infect humans, or the Pre-game Pendulum Wars Immulsion, when the Lambent were pretty much just exploding wretches and drones while humans were practically bathing in Immulsion with little side effects.
    Probably the endgame one. I mean worst case scenario is that they just exterminatus the planet with a few blackstone fortresses.

BTW: I mean the Space Marines before the Horus Heresy.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2011-11-19 at 10:58 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Probably the endgame one. I mean worst case scenario is that they just exterminatus the planet with a few blackstone fortresses.

BTW: I mean the Space Marines before the Horus Heresy.
    Cyclonic Missles/Plague Exterminautis are far, far, far, more likely than Blackstone Fortress.

Infact, if Exterminautis is bothered with at all, the Death Plague is... Well, perfect for Imulsion, as it's a parasite, and therefore a living being. Death Plague can kill anything alive, and then the potshot to turn the atmosphere into a roaster (it goes up like a torch) is 40k's way of Just Making Sure.

In terms of Adeptus Astartes fighting Imulsion-troops, and judging by the Locust... They'll have a fairly easy time of it, being somewhat like Orks except not as prolific in respawning. Plus the Astartes are immune to disease and poison that aren't ramped up to ungodly proportions, and likely immune to any sort of imulsion infection.