New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    That's an ... awfully thorough analysis of the potential leathality of a horn file ... *moves sharp objects away from Soft Serve*
    Oh, come now. It's the ones who say it out loud you don't have to worry about. Soft is harmless! Unless she's being not harmless, but running won't save you so you may as well go through life assuming she's harmless. Less stress that way.

That's just what they WANT you to think!!!!
    Well, yes. Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    To the artists in the thread, I have a challenge based on the following picture:

Spoiler
    Show

Re-caption the above with ponies, and make/find an appropriate new picture. Possible ideas include:

• I have watched - all the pony
    • I have ponied - all the pony
    • I have hugged - all the pony
    • I have X'ed - all the Y

GO FORTH AND PONY
    I'll see what I can do.

That's an ... awfully thorough analysis on thoroughly analysing a position in order to defen- *clobbers himself and drags his unconcious body into the closet, tosses it inside, locks it (somehow from the inside), and leaves a sign on the door saying "do not open till user regains use of the brain-mouth filter"*
    There is only one Pony Action Hero who is qualified to deal with self kidnapping at this level.

The the Ido Nos Phone!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The current channel topic on the IRC:

"Welcome to Ponythread IRC! | The ponythread IRC honors EsperDerek's memory. You'll always live on in our hearts, Esper"

We'll never forget you, EsperDerek. Your memory will never die.

(This is the result of a series of in-jokes from the IRC. EsperDerek is alive and well with us. Please do not panic)
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2011-11-11 at 01:16 AM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Oh, come now. It's the ones who say it out loud you don't have to worry about. Soft is harmless! Unless she's being not harmless, but running won't save you so you may as well go through life assuming she's harmless. Less stress that way.
    They're coming to get you Barbara. Night of the Living dead is where that's from, IIRC.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-11-11 at 12:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post

"Welcome to Ponythread IRC! | The ponythread IRC honors EsperDerek's memory. You'll always live on in our hearts, Esper"

Bwa?!

Wow, that news is a bit heavy. I'll miss ya Esper, though I barely knew you. My blessings to your family, and you shall live on in your writing.

Farewell!
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

5. - Top - End - #455

I am not dead!

6. - Top - End - #456

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    I am not dead!
    Of course not. You'll always be alive to us, in our hearts and the hearts of those you touched with your writing.

7. - Top - End - #457

I am not dead!
    Well, that is good news. Glad to hear you are not dead.

On that note: guys, announcing someone is dead (or using wordsmithing to make it sound like it is so) is not cool. Putting the shock on people and/or making them feel like a gullible fool is not all that fun on the receiving end. I even dug out the liquor for a good 'ol drink in his honor!
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

I am not dead!
    Wow, if you're ghost is capable of sending out messages, could you please make them more helpful?
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post

On that note: guys, announcing someone is dead (or using wordsmithing to make it sound like it is so) is not cool. Putting the shock on people and/or making them feel like a gullible fool is not all that fun on the receiving end. I even dug out the liquor for a good 'ol drink in his honor!
    Yeah. I guess this was part of some sort of joke that I'm just not in on, but it was in pretty poor taste.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

*has a near-heart attack*

Kippy, don't DO that!!

I am not dead!
    *sniffs* It's almost as if I can hear him speaking to us now.

11. - Top - End - #461

Sorry, Kurgan. I didn't think that anyone would be believing it...

I'm going to add a note that it is a joke and Esper is not actually dead etc.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Personally, I was defining it to mean that Midnight has taken over full time.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

I am not dead!
    Next thread title anyone? In loving memory.

14. - Top - End - #464

My Little Pony XXXII: I'm only resting!
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

15. - Top - End - #465
    Banned

What the hay. I was lookin for a reason to drink wi' Braz anyway. I'll join you, Kurgan!

Esper, the bottle I'll crack when I get home? That's for you, buddy. You would have made an awesome space wizard.

I am not dead!
    Midnight, hush! Princess or no, this is no time for your tomfoolery! Mourning a friend is serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    My Little Pony XXXII: I'm only resting!
    I'm all for it. DO IT!

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Do you guys think ponies have to pay for rent/mortage/utilities ETC. in the My Little Pony universe?

EDIT: Also, what are the known possible places to work at/Jobs in Ponyville? I know there's weathermare, Sugarcube corner, Mailmare, Rarity's boutique, The Spa, Sweet Apple Acres, the Library, and the Sofa and Quill shop. Is there anything else?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-11-11 at 02:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Barbarian in the Playground

This spoiler box contains the summary of upcoming Episode 9 and some thoughts it spawned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sweet and Elite
    Rarity must choose between her friends and important social connections in Canterlot.

It occurred to me that thanks to a public reward ceremony given by Celestia herself Rarity along with the rest of the Mane 6 should be famous across Equestria for saving the world twice. If I was a Canterlot Aristocrat I'd kill to be associated with her. Given that Ponyville is so close to Canterlot it should be trivial for a wealthy pony to hire a Pegasus Chariot to come to her. Anypony who doesn't have the social, political and business sense to realize what a valuable contact she is (Best Friend of the Royal Designate. On personal speaking terms with Princess Celestia) to accommodate her probably wouldn't be very useful as a business partner either.

On that note. I wonder in what fashion if any her associations with Hoity Toity and Sapphire Shores have changed now that she's been outed as a world saving hero to whom they indirectly owe everything they care about?
    Last edited by Spamotron; 2011-11-11 at 02:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

(This is the result of a series of in-jokes from the IRC. EsperDerek is alive and well with us. Please do not panic)
    Man, that's what I get for not reading the thread before logging into the IRC. I was having a great day (saw Moff Chumley's band, none of my friends got hurt), and so I was expecting something bad to happen. When I logged on I completely freaked out and made a fool of myself before finding out everything was okay. So, uh, I'm glad you're not dead Esper. Please continue not to die.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Do you guys think ponies have to pay for rent/mortage/utilities ETC. in the My Little Pony universe?
    Not as such? I don't have a canonical, set idea. It's a complicated mishmash of tenancy, land-ownership, feudalism and such in my head.

EDIT: Also, what are the known possible places to work at/Jobs in Ponyville? I know there's weathermare, Sugarcube corner, Mailmare, Rarity's boutique, The Spa, Sweet Apple Acres, the Library, and the Sofa and Quill shop. Is there anything else?
    Do you mean canonically, or can we make stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Man, that's what I get for not reading the thread before logging into the IRC. I was having a great day (saw Moff Chumley's band, none of my friends got hurt), and so I was expecting something bad to happen. When I logged on I completely freaked out and made a fool of myself before finding out everything was okay. So, uh, I'm glad you're not dead Esper. Please continue not to die.
    If it makes you feel any better, I only didn't freak out because I saw Midnight post before I had a chance to read the title. If I didn't have such a small screen and need to input my password, I'd probably have been, like, crying. No joke.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

There's also the "fan and fan accessories" store. They have a mayor, which means there's some sort of administration of the town. We don't really know how extensive that would be.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Did somebody call for a necroman-

I am not dead!
    -awwwww, dangit!

Also congratulations on giving most of the living members of the thread a heart attack, KP...

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Judging from the architecture, there is a Joke-shop nearby Sugarcube corner too.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Definitely! I'll be sending out a group E-Mail when I have everything put together, so what's yours? I'll add it to the list. Expect to hear in late-ish November.

Well you're still more than welcome if you need to! And it is awesome. If you're okay with Cities, that is.
    Email is [email protected]. Pretty hard to guess, ain't it?

Cities? I grew up on the (compared to Vancouver) mean streets of Toronto. Not to mention the few weeks I spent in Calgary. A cow tried to kill me!
    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    so where is that recording of Pinball Wizard?

anxiously waiting for it

and for the improved upon City of Unicorleans

dont make me bust out the sad non-music hearing Applebloom
    Guh. If I had a mic that didn't hate my recording software, I would be doing all of the recordings.

As it is, I'll maybe to a video recording. My camera has a decent mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    FFA FF RP: FREE Raspberries! (Yaaaaay~!)

Spoiler
    Show

"It's surprisingly streamlined. I approve. I guess they just want a record of who is doing what, just in case." She nods at Flashpoint's query. "Sounds fair enough. What are you setting up a stand for? Come to think of it, I haven't had a good look around town, I hope nobody else has a raspberry stand like mine. That would be awkward."
    Razzies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What kind of stand? Well... I'm a, uh, handyman of sorts. If people need something done. To someone. I do it. For money."

He glances at the hobo pony, then leans in close to Beeskee. "Speakin' of which, you want me to deal with the riff-raff hanging about? Actually, it'd be cool to have Riff Raff around. I love that movie!"

To the hobo in question, he replies, "Yeah, I probs got something in here..." He reaches into one of the tiny pockets of his belt, and retrieves a sandwich several times too large to fit in such a space.
    "Don't eat it all in one place."

FFRP: Raspberries
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ahem, right. Yes, very good, thankyou ma'am" The guard said, his face a noticiable shade of pink (which was impressive considering the normally dark charcoal colour of his coat).

"I think that ... wow it's still tingling ... uh, I mean I think it's safe to say you pass the quality assurance test. I'll, er, woah, wobbly legs, let you get back to work now." he finished as he attempted to get back on his hooves.
    More Razzies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    After watching Beeskee, ah, 'perform' upon the guard, Flashpoint can't help but chuckle a little. "This little filly too much for a big colt like you?" He winks at Beeskee. "I must say, I'm impressed. I'm glad it's my turn next."

I am not dead!
    He feels fine! He thinks he'll go for a walk.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

I am not dead!
    Of course you are.
    *puts you in a coffin*
    See?
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-11-11 at 06:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Or course you are.
    *puts you in a coffin*
    See?
    Alright, when Nameless thinks you're dead, you're dead.

Unless you're a certain chicken, but we don't talk about that chicken.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, when Nameless thinks you're dead, you're dead.

Unless you're a certain chicken, but we don't talk about that chicken.
    Argh... I finally forgot about that darn chicken.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Razzies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What kind of stand? Well... I'm a, uh, handyman of sorts. If people need something done. To someone. I do it. For money."

He glances at the hobo pony, then leans in close to Beeskee. "Speakin' of which, you want me to deal with the riff-raff hanging about? Actually, it'd be cool to have Riff Raff around. I love that movie!"

To the hobo in question, he replies, "Yeah, I probs got something in here..." He reaches into one of the tiny pockets of his belt, and retrieves a sandwich several times too large to fit in such a space.
    "Don't eat it all in one place."
    Pink is my least favorite color...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raggedy, showing a terrible disregard for instructions, does indeed eat the whole sandwich in place. He actually eats the whole thing in one bite. It's pretty impressive, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    More Razzies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    After watching Beeskee, ah, 'perform' upon the guard, Flashpoint can't help but chuckle a little. "This little filly too much for a big colt like you?" He winks at Beeskee. "I must say, I'm impressed. I'm glad it's my turn next."
    An odd thing to RP about...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sooo... why exactly have you started up... erm, a raspberry stand?

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

i thought we agreed never to speak of the chicken again.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

What's this chicken y'all are speaking of?

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I am not dead!
    the correct phraseology should be

"I Aintn't Dead"
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar