New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Not sure if anyone's seen it yet, but I'm just going to leave this here...

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure if anyone's seen it yet, but I'm just going to leave this here...

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

serendipity. Your name is featured prominently in a different thread I strted reading from archives. I find that neat.

Hi, Shadow of the Sun!

[
    Huh. Really? Do you mind me asking which thread?
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Once again Fatest. Fandom. Ever:

(This image is also a spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think incidentally somebody on the staff is officially screwing with us now.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't get the CMC hate though. They were played about the same as any other character; is it just preexisting bias?
    With anything particular to spoilers I think CMC... unlike... is a result of general trends. Whatever else they may be they remain, younger characters then the rest of the mane cast who nonetheless get a lot of attention. This has all kinds of shades of the Wesley, the Scrappy, the Tagalong kid, and the Spotlight Stealing Squad. Kids versus older characters are almost never well received by us nerds. A less pleasant fandom (or decent show) would be nursing a hatedom of them.

I don't dislike the CMCs but given a choice I would rather have a Mane Six episode then a CMC episode. How many episodes have we had about Cutie Marks versus say, episodes focusing squarely on Rainbow Dash?

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

(This image is also a spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually surprised it took an official appearance for us to get filly-Derpy art.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Is it just business or is something wrong? Hope he's doing okay =/
    Um... both, actually? =/

I don't want to post anything concrete before I got more solid reply than the short one from this morning, which I didn't so far. So, that was just kind of heads-up for everypony who might be interested?

Also, goodnight, ponythread?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I'm actually surprised it took an official appearance for us to get filly-Derpy art.
    Oh, there's been filly Derpy art for a while. I can think of a few I really like just off the top of my head.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #668
    Barbarian in the Playground

snip
    Hey, this fandom isn't fat, it's just big boned

And yes, she is adorable.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

Something that's been bothering me about Episode 6:

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess it's not that big a deal, but Applebloom was speaking French, and had a fleur-de-lis as one of her cutie marks. This is not the first reference to France/French - in Suited for Success, Fluttershy asks Rarity for French haute couture. So, is France a country in the setting? Applejack doesn't acknowledge it directly as French, but that could easily be because she was being euphemistic. Perhaps French is the lingua franca of high culture.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess it's not that big a deal, but Applebloom was speaking French, and had a fleur-de-lis as one of her cutie marks. This is not the first reference to France/French - in Suited for Success, Fluttershy asks Rarity for French haute couture. So, is France a country in the setting? Applejack doesn't acknowledge it directly as French, but that could easily be because she was being euphemistic. Perhaps French is the lingua franca of high culture.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe in Equestria it is called Prance and the character's just don't know how to prononuce it?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Come now its clearly obvious:

Spoiler
    Show
    Applebloom started speaking Fancy. Which is clearly the nation and the language.

Previous references to French are merely stylistic ones, like saying Modern or Cubist or something.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Applebloom started speaking Fancy. Which is clearly the nation and the language.

Previous references to French are merely stylistic ones, like saying Modern or Cubist or something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That actually works. It also kind of solves the issue of how they'd translate the episode into French, they'd just have to choose a language that a French audience would associate with fanciness. And fleurs-de-lis.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

OK, so the results of my investigation into one of the vital issues of our day, namely...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Has Zecora's plot gotten bigger between seasons?

Ep 6 spoilers and plot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two screencaps from season 1 ep 9.

And two from season 2 ep 6

Looks to me like she was always built a bit thicker in the rear flank than ponies. I think we're just getting more shots of her this season and more opportunities to appreciate her from certain... angles...

"Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Firbolg in the Playground

Big news from the rumor mill:

Season three is actually going to be a reboot. The show will, after the change be called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Force Sensitive. It will follow the exploits of apprentice to the emperor Twilight Sparkle and her fellow Sith comrades in the system in fighting threats to the empire.

Other notable characters are Acolyte Spike, Grand Moff Mare, and Alchemist Zecora. Only through vigilance and cunning can they outsmart dire enemies like Jedi Master NiMM and her padawan, Trixie.

The first episode is set to be a tale of how Scootaloo deals with competitors to join her friends as an apprentice to a powerful Sith-pony mistress. After a stunning betrayal of the weakling Diamond Tiara, Scoots takes her place at the side of Rainbow Dash, of course.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Big news from the rumor mill:

Season three is actually going to be a reboot. The show will, after the change be called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Force Sensitive. It will follow the exploits of apprentice to the emperor Twilight Sparkle and her fellow Sith comrades in the system in fighting threats to the empire.

Other notable characters are Acolyte Spike, Grand Moff Mare, and Alchemist Zecora. Only through vigilance and cunning can they outsmart dire enemies like Jedi Master NiMM and her padawan, Trixie.

The first episode is set to be a tale of how Scootaloo deals with competitors to join her friends as an apprentice to a powerful Sith-pony mistress. After a stunning betrayal of the weakling Diamond Tiara, Scoots takes her place at the side of Rainbow Dash, of course.
    .....Is there a joke or a meme here I am not getting? Besides it being a Star Wars crossover.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-11-12 at 10:24 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

16. - Top - End - #676

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    .....Is there a joke or a meme here I am not getting?
    Star Wars (old republic) ponies.
    Don't lie you want Rarity to shoot lightning.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-11-12 at 10:25 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Star Wars ponies.
    Meh, I like Star Trek more.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Star Wars (old republic) ponies.
    Yeah, but I don't want them to be evil.

19. - Top - End - #679

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Yeah, but I don't want them to be evil.
    Yes, but if I made them good I couldn't have "Grand Moff Mare"
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

New episode thought
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spike interrupted those ponies too soon. They were one sentence away from:

SHE'S A WITCH!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but if I made them good I couldn't have "Grand Moff Mare"
    Eh, everypony knows Mayor Mare is of dubious morality anyway. You could have had that either way.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

GREETINGS PONY THREAD!

By the GODS that was insane. So yes, not sure how many people missed me, but long story short I went and moved and chaos promptly ensued. I've spent over a month without internet thanks to massive mix-ups with the new provider and have avoided anything pony-related for fear of spoilers until I got access to a connection I could actually watch the episodes on. Internet finally got hooked up today, and I've caught up, and have finally gotten my long-overdue pony fix.

Just wanted to say I've missed chatting with you guys, and it's great to be back. I'm working on a rather large pony-based project right now and when it's done I'll make sure to let you guys know. Did I miss anything exciting while I was out? I noticed a pair of messages in my inbox and was wondering how the one for the event (you know which one if it actually happened) went. (Thanks for the other SiuiS ) Oh gods I missed my pony emotes. *Huggles pony emote*

As for the new episodes (since I vanished shortly after episode 3) I must say I'm greatly loving them now. Was still a little off with episode 3, things just seemed a little crazier than they probably should have been. Pinkie Pie continues to cement her place as best pony by stealing one of my lines ("Too old for free candy? NEVER!") and I've loved the three episodes that came out since I lost my internet. They feel much more in line with the first season to me.

Also (though I don't think I mentioned it at the time) my guess for why they had Celestia assign homework to everyone at the end of episode 3 ended up being right and I'm loving what they're doing it. By allowing anyone to write the friendship reports the episodes focused on the other characters can run entirely without Twilight and gives those ponies much more screen time and development.

So yes, glad to be back and will be kicking around a bit for a few hours for bed. Then won't be on at all tomorrow thanks to D&D. And will mostly be lurking here for the few hours because I just got Ogre Battle 64 on my Wii. Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was doing since I'm so happy to have my precious precious internets again.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Finally watched Episode 6. Thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    This is probably one of the better CMC episodes I've seen, and a strong episode overall. Pacing was great, humor was great, my only problem was the sudden "Everypony worship the ground Applebloom walks" bit in the middle. A little too much focus on her, IMO. Also, I'm not sure, but I think I saw a Big Lebowski pony in the bowling alley? Probably already been pointed out already anyhow.

Pinkie Pie's "confessions" at the end was great.

@Kyohen: *ka-hugs* Welcome back!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Finally watched Episode 6. Thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    This is probably one of the better CMC episodes I've seen, and a strong episode overall. Pacing was great, humor was great, my only problem was the sudden "Everypony worship the ground Applebloom walks" bit in the middle. A little too much focus on her, IMO. Also, I'm not sure, but I think I saw a Big Lebowski pony in the bowling alley? Probably already been pointed out already anyhow.

Pinkie Pie's "confessions" at the end was great.

@Kyohen: *ka-hugs* Welcome back!
    Ep 6
    Spoiler
    Show

That was definitely a Big Lebowski reference. I had heard there was one but haven't actually seen the movie, but caught that reference anyway. (A friend is somewhat fond of it and I've seen several pictures from the movie) And agreed with Pinkie's confessions. Good to see her back to being the wacky pony in the room. The worship part made some sense to me. Applebloom seemed to end up with a Trixie-style special talent, so of course everyone focuses on her tricks. That and nopony's ever had two cutie marks.

And thanks!

25. - Top - End - #685
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ep 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    Was I the only one who kept thinking that the initial hulahoop scene was a dream sequence?

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Ep 6
    Spoiler
    Show

That was definitely a Big Lebowski reference. I had heard there was one but haven't actually seen the movie, but caught that reference anyway. (A friend is somewhat fond of it and I've seen several pictures from the movie) And agreed with Pinkie's confessions. Good to see her back to being the wacky pony in the room. The worship part made some sense to me. Applebloom seemed to end up with a Trixie-style special talent, so of course everyone focuses on her tricks. That and nopony's ever had two cutie marks.

And thanks!
    Ep6
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meh, I suppose it's more a pet peeve of mine. The way you explained it (and remembering all the crazy stuff she was doing too, sheesh) makes a lot more sense, but it still irks me.

Also, going back through the thread and holy cow the writers/animators stuck so many goodies in this episode for us. You see this, general animation industry? This is how you pander correctly.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-11-12 at 10:54 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Ep6
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meh, I suppose it's more a pet peeve of mine. The way you explained it (and remembering all the crazy stuff she was doing too, sheesh) makes a lot more sense, but it still irks me.

Also, going back through the thread and holy cow the writers/animators stuck so many goodies in this episode for us. You see this, general animation industry? This is how you pander correctly.
    Ep 6
    Spoiler
    Show

Fair enough.

And what other goodies were in this episode? I caught the Lebowski one, what else did we get? Did I see someone at the top of this page put up a filly Derpy? Where does that show up?

Also I love your new avatar. Figures it would be a matter of time before there was a pirate pony for you to hijack.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    GREETINGS PONY THREAD!

By the GODS that was insane. So yes, not sure how many people missed me, but long story short I went and moved and chaos promptly ensued. I've spent over a month without internet thanks to massive mix-ups with the new provider and have avoided anything pony-related for fear of spoilers until I got access to a connection I could actually watch the episodes on. Internet finally got hooked up today, and I've caught up, and have finally gotten my long-overdue pony fix.

Just wanted to say I've missed chatting with you guys, and it's great to be back. I'm working on a rather large pony-based project right now and when it's done I'll make sure to let you guys know. Did I miss anything exciting while I was out? I noticed a pair of messages in my inbox and was wondering how the one for the event (you know which one if it actually happened) went. (Thanks for the other SiuiS ) Oh gods I missed my pony emotes. *Huggles pony emote*

As for the new episodes (since I vanished shortly after episode 3) I must say I'm greatly loving them now. Was still a little off with episode 3, things just seemed a little crazier than they probably should have been. Pinkie Pie continues to cement her place as best pony by stealing one of my lines ("Too old for free candy? NEVER!") and I've loved the three episodes that came out since I lost my internet. They feel much more in line with the first season to me.

Also (though I don't think I mentioned it at the time) my guess for why they had Celestia assign homework to everyone at the end of episode 3 ended up being right and I'm loving what they're doing it. By allowing anyone to write the friendship reports the episodes focused on the other characters can run entirely without Twilight and gives those ponies much more screen time and development.

So yes, glad to be back and will be kicking around a bit for a few hours for bed. Then won't be on at all tomorrow thanks to D&D. And will mostly be lurking here for the few hours because I just got Ogre Battle 64 on my Wii. Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was doing since I'm so happy to have my precious precious internets again.
    Ogre Battle 64 is on the Wii!?!?!?

HOLY CANOLI THAT GAME WAS AWESOME!

29. - Top - End - #689
    Dwarf in the Playground

Another ep 6 observation.

Spoiler
    Show
    I quite liked the fact that when Appleboom got her multiple cutie marks and was the center of attention, Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo's response was overwhelmingly positive. No jealousy, no "Why not me?" they say with glee "Our friend is the most special pony ever!"

This bodes extremely well for their future friendship, even if one or two of them get their marks, they're going to stick together for the long haul.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

missed posting this yesterday...but this is appropriate

ESPECIALLY for Dexam

Spoiler
    Show

^^ non-episode ^^
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-11-12 at 11:01 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar