New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Exclamation Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Woohoo, a new thread!

FFA FF RP: Free Raspberries! (Free-for-all Freeform RP)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beeskee sets up a small wooden stand in the market area in the middle of the town, with a sign that says "Free Raspberries!" in colorful writing. He stands behind it patiently, smiling. Oddly enough, there do not appear to be any raspberries on display. Or anything else, for that matter.
    Free Raspberries
    Spoiler
    Show
    A blood red pony wanders the market, perusing the items on display. Upon seeing the chipper pony and her little stand, he adjusts the load on his back, loosens his tie, and meanders over.

Leaning a forehoof on the stand, he asks, "So, what's this I hear about raspberries?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue
    ... Vorpalbob remains best pony.
    Adding to my sig. I think I sense a theme...
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    This is excellent

Out of curiosity, what story?
    Imagine Green Isn't Your Colour, except Rarity is an ugly, fat slob and Fluttershy is his imaginary friend. Now imagine that rather than fashion shows, Rarity is trying to set his imaginary friend up on dates.

I posted the original some months back, the rewrite is much the same structure but just strengthened up a fair bit. If you're super curious, here.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm, you make a good point, although Applebuck Season kind of suggests AJ's biggest problem is dealing with her own stubbornness. At the same time, that doesn't seem quite to the scale of some of the other complications that her friends have, and it's only really come up in that one episode.

I guess on that note, I would like to see them do something more with AJ, either to go on with the farm potentially needing money or something new; I don't know if I have a preference, but I would like to see some development.
    I totally agree that we need a really AJ-centered episode, haven't had one for over a season now, unless you count over a barrel which I don't (not discontinuitied or anything just not AJ-centric enough)

However I can see why Hasbro wouldn't want to go the "AJ needs money or the farm will be foreclosed on" as I imagine that would be tough to write while keeping in mind the 7 year old demographics
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Rarity approves of this.

I've been searching a (very) little and only found this article. Nothing about actively discouraging bronies, just that they aren't that big a consumer group. To give an example of the accuracy: "The group included four "Pegasisters," as the small minority of female bronies sometimes call themselves". I never heard of 'Pegasisters', and I think I know a bit about the fandom.
    It showed up for a one-and-done way back around like, thread 3-6. I remember arguingthat pegasister was cool, but having to factionalize only created inter-fandom conflict. A looooong time ago. Let's see what the Internet has to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Magic-wielding ponies generate a low level electrical field that effects their hair the way static impacts our. Twi's generally immune since she's so skilled at controlling it, except when her hold starts to slip a la Lesson Zero.

Pinkie's hair is ALWAYS out of control because she doesn't have any formal experience on how to vent magic the way unicorns do. But since her magic is derived from or controlled by her mental state, it rapidly dissipates whenever she slips into "Pinkemina" mode (this also explains the subtle color shift).

Rarity's special power is always looking good, so her hair defaults to physically implausible but stylish configurations

I'll raise you this crazy theory from the latest episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity's generally pretty dainty, and shouldn't be expected to be nearly as tough as AJ, especially since she'd rely more on her unicorn magic

During the race, she managed some fairly impressive physical feats, and couldn't use her magic without blowing her cover.

Conclusion: Neither AJ or Rarity are especially strong on their own. However, AJ's cowboy hat is a magical artifact that bestows extreme physical competence on any pony who wears it
    Everything in this post meets with my behatted approval.

...huh. Behatted is a word. I'm impressed, English. For once you have risen to the occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I remind you that Rarity was completely unhindered and unharmed by the 90º turn at between Mach 1 and 5 (depending on how fast you rate the Sonic Rainboom) and the attendant shocking g-forces which would have turned a human into paste...

Remember:

Ponies have superpowers.

Superpowers.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm so gonna get so much milage out of that image, SiuiS!
    I'm glad to see you're gettin-- oh hoho! Words out of my mouth. Good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Forgive my ignorance on this, but what is the general accepted level of fan-ness to be considered a "brony"? Is it more towards the "I watched the show with my daughter and it wasn't so bad" level, or is there an element of "I got a tattoo of a cutie mark representing my favourite fanfiction and I'm naming my daughter Scootaloo"?
    A fan outside of the target demographic. Of anything G4 pony.
    Though that isn't to say I would exclude four-to-six year old girls from being bronies if they wanted.

Speaking of which, anypony seen WJMill?

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Reposting from the old thread! I wish I got this in on page 1, hrmpf.
    This is in my signature under "Pony IRC" or somesuch, if you need to refer anypony in the future. Though I encourage continuing to add it to the thread. I'd also suggest a link to this post be inserted into the OP under important links.

I was looking for this for a while! Yay saving me digging through old threads to find it again!
    If you want any of the art I've posted, just ask. Odds are I have the URL saved (or it's a sure bet if I drew the picture initially). For future reference and all.

Woohoo, a new thread!

Spoiler
    Show
    Beeskee sets up a small wooden stand in the market area in the middle of the town, with a sign that says "Free Raspberries!" in colorful writing. He stands behind it patiently, smiling. Oddly enough, there do not appear to be any raspberries on display. Or anything else, for that matter.
    I'm gonna have to ask you to pony up that post, mate.

I'm also gonna have to ask you why you no has raspberries? The sign says they're free. Where are they? Am I too late? Ah well.

Oh man, I hope not 'cause otherwise the brony police are going to be all over me for slacking off.

Also, I'm taking off tomorrow for a trip to New Zealand and Australia. I won't be on the internet much until after Thanksgiving, and probably not on these forums at all. I expect you all you be on thread 35 at least by the time I get back
    Try to swing by Canberra! Find Thanqol's pizza shop and see I they're as cool as he says they is.

Quote Originally Posted by CanvasWolfDoll View Post
    egads, do you lot go through a lot of these threads. had to jump through about five after google dumped me on a mention of my fic...

so, am i alone in thinking that, in general, each episode's quality keeps improving to the point that, five episodes into season two, the earliest episodes seem rather weak?
    I do feel that they had to "get back into the swing of things". I enjoyedthe first few episodes, but they weren't what I liked about season 1; they may as well not have been About My Little ponies at all.

But as they press on they improve. And that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    *Total brain-block with a story for school*

*Realises that one of the main characters is a Fluttershy*

*Story writes itself*
    Interesting. I'm going to have to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Probably a Shrinking Violet with some badass thrown in, to use Troper Terms.
    Crouching moron hidden badHorse. Very specific sundere (or berserk button with hairline trigger?)
    Though to be fair, a lot o the appeal is that the characters aren't just "the tomboy", "the fashionista", or "the party animal". They defy categorization by trope; they must be disagree and have their specific actions and facets categorized instead. Which is fabulous!

Gregory house comes along and I start to spam the word 'neat'. Ponies? 'fabulous'. I'm ok with this.
    though surprised it isn't 'awesome'...

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Had to post this: Just finished the fic the Best Night Ever which is a Blueblood redemption fic that is really really well done.

Also Rarity invading with style http://zombiezephyr.deviantart.com/a...rams-267407727
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #96

OK, so as long as I'm ranking episodes I decided to sort ALL of them into 5 categories, worst to best. Some of my rankings probably won't be popular (good thing I'm about to flee the country for 3 weeks...) but there you go. The order within a given tier doesn't mean anything.

I found the hardest part was separating T3s from T4s, for what it's worth

Worst:

Feeling Pinkie Keen
    Over a Barrell
    Griffon the Brush off
    Owl's Well That Ends Well
    Call of the Cutie
    Pilot part 2

Not So Great:

Sisterhooves Social
    Look Before you Sleep
    Applebuck Season
    Dog and Pony Show
    Bridle Gossip
    Show Stoppers

Average:

Ticket Master
    Pilot part 1
    Return of Harmony pt. 1
    Swarm of the Century
    Stare Master
    Bird In the Hoof

Pretty Damn Good:

Boast Busters
    Fall Weather Friends
    Green Isn't Your Color
    Lesson Zero
    Return of Harmony pt. 2
    Best Night Ever
    Cutie Mark Chronicles

20% Cooler:

Dragonshy
    Winter Wrap Up
    Party of One
    Suited for Success
    Sonic Rainboom
    Luna Eclipsed

Edit:
    What? Why didn't you say so sooner - there's a few Aussie ponythreaders, you could have arranged a meet up!
    Doubtful, as it's a group of us and we're packing the time there pretty full already. But maybe someday (preferably after they perfect transportation so it doesn't take 20-odd hours to get there)
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-11-07 at 11:49 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Dave Polsky may be the most underwhelming pony writer, with Feeling Pinkie keen and Over a barrel. I wonder if he will be able to bring a non-controversial episode in season two, if he is still writing for MLP that is.
    I've mentioned this before about the Dave Polsky episodes: he seems to write stand-alone scenes that are quite good, but the overall episodes are somewhat lacking. I've noticed there seems to be a fairly strong Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies influence to those two episodes, which is fine for 5 minute or shorter takes, but for a 20+ minute story it doesn't quite carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    This seems neat. Anyone remember this movie?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Road to El Dorado. I love that movie - so many great quotes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Miguel: "You fight like my sister!"
    Tulio: "I've fought your sister - that's a compliment!"

Miguel: "Tulio, did you ever imagine it would end like this?"
    Tulio: "The horse is a surprise..."

Chel: "Oh! Oh, no, no, no. The High Priest! What is he gonna think when he sees one of the Gods like this with me?"
    Tulio: "Uhh... Lucky god?"

Tulio: "Well, it was nice working with you, partner."
    Miguel: "Tulio, I just want you to know... I'm sorry about that girl in Barcelona."

I've watched the behind the scenes extras on the DVD - apparently a fair bit of dialog was ad-libbed by Kevin Kline and Kenneth Brannagh, and the writers just ran with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Hooray new thread!

What better time than to tell a nice little story?

<ka-snip!>

My mind broke.

My drama teacher is on FIRST NAME TERMS with this woman. And the best part?

Spoiler
    Show
    SHE MIGHT BE GETTING ME AN AUDITION!

Let me add my congrats and my jealousy to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    That said, you should totally name your daughter Scootaloo.
    And you should clearly name your daughter Celestia instead
    A group of my friends (non-bronies) were discussing what I should name my impending son (3 days and counting... ). One of them suggested Big Macintosh.

Also, I'm taking off tomorrow for a trip to New Zealand and Australia. I won't be on the internet much until after Thanksgiving, and probably not on these forums at all. I expect you all you be on thread 35 at least by the time I get back
    What? Why didn't you say so sooner - there's a few Aussie ponythreaders, you could have arranged a meet up!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I've been thinking, does Applejack have a long-term goal that can create conflict? My initial impression was that she needs money for fixing up the farm, but we've never seen the farm cause problems for her. Should they go with this, or think up something new for her to pursue? Dash has her stunt-flying career, Rarity wants to be in high society, Fluttershy is chock full of phobias, Pinkie wants everypony to be happy, and Twilight wants to be a pony archmage. But what does AJ want?
    I kind of mentioned this in my initial thoughts on S2E5 - Rarity's "Why are you so good?" line to AJ highlights this. More than any of the other ponies, AJ is already the closest to "living the dream". Her only long-term goals seem to be in making Sweet Apple Acres even more successful than it already is.

Also, AJ is more often than not the voice of reason and the level head; I'd like to see an episode where she loses her level-headed seriousness.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Some dramatically crazy guy in that IRC that I still haven't gotten around to using demanded that these be posted:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Hey gang, just poppin' my hipster head in to see what's going. I started working full time and I'm having a hard time finding time for anything but homework. My head is spinning. Anyhoo. I'm getting excited for the season premier. :D

Hope everything's going well with everyone. Admittedly, I haven't read anything but skimmed this last page or so, so I'm definitely slowpokin' it up.

Gonna be skimming and will probably check in when I see the premier. XD Take it easy, everyone!
    I miss her.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-11-08 at 12:11 AM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Woohoo, a new thread!

Spoiler
    Show

(Admiral Ackbar) It's a trap!
    Spoiler
    Show
    A brown pony with a red mane meanders up towards the stand.

"That ain't how ya go 'round sellin' raspberries, mate."
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Hooray new thread!

What better time than to tell a nice little story?

Those of you on the IRC have most likely already heard this.

For those of you who follow the MLP Drawthread, you know that I had two costumes for Nightmare Night, one of which was Derpy.

I walked into my Drama class that day, and my teacher had no idea who I was, so I explained the history of the character, how a fan-created name was accepted as the canonical name. She loved the idea, and said she would look it up.

The next day, I walk into class to see her texting away. I didn't see who she was talking to, but I saw her type in my name, so I asked who was on the other end.

"Oh, just a friend of mine. I'm telling her about your costume and acting and stuff. She thinks you sound really cool!"

I'm rather confused at this point, so I ask, "Who exactly is this person?"

She says, "Does the name Sarah Wall mean anything to you?"

My mind broke.

My drama teacher is on FIRST NAME TERMS with this woman. And the best part?

Spoiler
    Show
    SHE MIGHT BE GETTING ME AN AUDITION!

I said it in the IRC, but I'll say it again: congratulations!

Annnd it seems that Kindablue beat me to posting the Braenbow Dash while I was futilely looking for more.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Imagine Green Isn't Your Colour, except Rarity is an ugly, fat slob and Fluttershy is his imaginary friend. Now imagine that rather than fashion shows, Rarity is trying to set his imaginary friend up on dates.

I posted the original some months back, the rewrite is much the same structure but just strengthened up a fair bit. If you're super curious, here.
    Ah, I remember reading the original. I'll have to check out your edit!

I totally agree that we need a really AJ-centered episode, haven't had one for over a season now, unless you count over a barrel which I don't (not discontinuitied or anything just not AJ-centric enough)

However I can see why Hasbro wouldn't want to go the "AJ needs money or the farm will be foreclosed on" as I imagine that would be tough to write while keeping in mind the 7 year old demographics
    Yeah, though admittedly I don't know if I want it to be super-dramatic "We're gonna lose the farm" as much as, I dunno, something to hark back to Granny Smith's hip or something similarly light-hearted but potentially kind of serious.

My impression was that she was going to go dark for an indeterminate time because of being really busy with stuff. I think that's happened to a lot of us lately...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Colossus in the Playground

My impression was that she was going to go dark for an indeterminate time because of being really busy with stuff. I think that's happened to a lot of us lately...
    Come 22/11 I'll be free until February.

And I'll be bored.

The idealised plan for that boredom right now is to draw for 6+ hours every single day. Gonna be sweet.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I've been thinking, does Applejack have a long-term goal that can create conflict? My initial impression was that she needs money for fixing up the farm, but we've never seen the farm cause problems for her. Should they go with this, or think up something new for her to pursue? Dash has her stunt-flying career, Rarity wants to be in high society, Fluttershy is chock full of phobias, Pinkie wants everypony to be happy, and Twilight wants to be a pony archmage. But what does AJ want?
    Its good to have in my opinion to have a contrast with somebody who essentially has what they want in life. You need somebody around to be steadier then the rest. Ultimately giving AJ something new would be a very very big change for the character, given how her cutie mark chronicle went.

Of course depending on how serious the show wants to be there is ample potential for conflict in the struggle to keep a farm open and operational. Work is never done on one after all, and they traditionally don't pay terribly well. The question is can this be done without being too serious for the show. It be a little grim to have an episode centered around how parasprites ate the orchard right after taking out a loan to build a new barn or add some new lands.

And we technically have already seen the farm bring trouble with Applebuck season. Since its obviously a fair bit of ground for (apparently) only two able bodied ponies to work and too much for one pony.

Though she doesn't exactly have a dream to chase there's a lot of potential drama to be wrung from AJ. Like confirming (and thus exploring) that her parents are dead, which makes some serious sense.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by youhasplotholes View Post
    Can I sig this?
    Be my guest.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel like there seems to be a pattern to peoples' feelings on episodes. Clearly not everyone ranks the episodes the same way, but it seems like episodes keep grouping up on peoples' likes or dislikes, all sticking together (whether they are like or dislike). And it almost seems like it is being grouped by writer.

More research is needed!
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Annnd it seems that Kindablue beat me to posting the Braenbow Dash while I was futilely looking for more.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Some dramatically crazy guy in that IRC that I still haven't gotten around to using demanded that these be posted:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's it. The deciding factor.

Raz_Fox is Braeburn.

Loom at that last picture. Look at it. No, don't look at me with that smarmy brow, look at it!
    That, is a Raz_Fox.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

That's it. The deciding factor.

Raz_Fox is Braeburn.

Loom at that last picture. Look at it. No, don't look at me with that smarmy brow, look at it!
    That, is a Raz_Fox.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also:

I really liked that episode.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Loom at that last picture.
    Have we mentioned that we love your phone lately?

Also, have some of DisPie!

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think I may be getting a little egotistical.

I was discussing poni with a friend, and she asked me who is best pony.

For a response, I directed her to my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo
    I feel like there seems to be a pattern to peoples' feelings on episodes. Clearly not everyone ranks the episodes the same way, but it seems like episodes keep grouping up on peoples' likes or dislikes, all sticking together (whether they are like or dislike). And it almost seems like it is being grouped by writer.
    I dunno, I can't really pick favorite and least favorite episodes. Maybe I just haven't watched enough, but to be honest I enjoy them all and don't really see a reason to pick favorites.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heya Ponies! A new pic for the playground! And it's vaguely pony related! Vaguely. Very.

It's a bit more crawly than a traditional pony.

But it is very cute thing!

Spoiler
    Show

Threadwell Spider nomming on a twinkie!

And if I decide I want to change out my character image thing,

And now, back to work.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

As a very recent convert, I greet you all.

I also wonder, referring to myself in a rather odd way (while being unsure of exactly why I'm doing so), why there is only one currently recruiting pony game over in the PbP section? Ponies are bestest. Gaming is second bestest. Surely pony gaming is bestester? Is there a flaw in my logic?
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

And more pictures - I finally finished the pictures of Midnight's daughter, Aurora! The only pony in existance that is lucky enough to have three grandmothers from a single side of her family - and a Great 'Grandmother' that can move the sun at will. Lucky foal!

Spoiler
    Show

And Playground Character Icon Picture solo thingie!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post

I also wonder, referring to myself in a rather odd way (while being unsure of exactly why I'm doing so), why there is only one currently recruiting pony game over in the PbP section? Ponies are bestest. Gaming is second bestest. Surely pony gaming is bestester? Is there a flaw in my logic?
    Spoiler
    Show

And because ponies+violent conflict resolution of most RP games don't mesh well. My character being a Dawn Caste aside.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

But... pony gaming.

Yeah, it wouldn't work well for, say, D&D. But I have high hopes for Ponyxalted, and Pony FUDGE might work well. What about Ponylords of Creation? Or...

Yeah, I'm out. But still!

EDIT: Also, broken Twilight saddens me. Twilight should not be broken. Broken Twilight is saddening.

On the other hand, John de Lancie snapping his fingers was hilarious. I much prefer the new season to the first thus far.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2011-11-08 at 05:47 AM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Heya Ponies! A new pic for the playground! And it's vaguely pony related! Vaguely. Very.

It's a bit more crawly than a traditional pony.

But it is very cute thing!

Spoiler
    Show

Threadwell Spider nomming on a twinkie!

And if I decide I want to change out my character image thing,

And now, back to work.
    Argh! More inexplicably cute spider ponies! Why are they adorable?!

And more pictures - I finally finished the pictures of Midnight's daughter, Aurora! The only pony in existance that is lucky enough to have three grandmothers from a single side of her family - and a Great 'Grandmother' that can move the sun at will. Lucky foal!

Spoiler
    Show

Nice work. The picture looks great.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh pony gaming. Unfortunately the only pony gaming I know of is modding my TF2 to have pony icons. Soldier Spike is always there to greet enemies with rokkits!

Spoiler
    Show

Inkwell, how much Internets do I need to pay you? HNNNGGGHHH. My pancreas!

28. - Top - End - #118

If you want pony gaming, I could direct you to the My Little Fortress mod for... no, not Team Fortress - Dwarf Fortress. If you ever heard of DF, you can imagine how well this works out.

The best short description of the mod I managed to come up with is "A little like a fantasy Fallout:Equestria, with bits of cupcakes sprinkled all over".

Too bad the author seems intent on overcomplicating it though.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    If you want pony gaming, I could direct you to the My Little Fortress mod for... no, not Team Fortress - Dwarf Fortress. If you ever heard of DF, you can imagine how well this works out.

The best short description of the mod I managed to come up with is "A little like a fantasy Fallout:Equestria, with bits of cupcakes sprinkled all over".

Too bad the author seems intent on overcomplicating it though.
    You mean where ponies could go insane and go into 'Cupcake' mood on a dime? (Fell mood is really full blown 'Cupcake mode'.) Speaking of which, if nopony wants to take the Pony Fortress turn, then I'll take it myself.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome aboard!

No flaw in your logic that I can detect, although I think what we need is a DM/GM or whatever you call them. (I didn't even know there was a PbP one recruiting, link please ^^)

In their absence, there's a couple of FFRP's that are always open to new ponies. I think Siuis is also percolating away an idea for a new PbP using the Roleplaying Is Magic framework (see my post on page 1 for more details).