New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Fairy Tail in the Playground [FTITP]

Disclaimer: I don't actually plan on using the following character in any fights or stuff unless we end up doing things with the High Magic Council. I don't have any real long-term plans for the character yet, I just wanted to get her posted while I had the idea in my head, and she is important in one of my character's backstories.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Ms. Regula Lolithia
    Alignment: Lawful/Neutral Evil.
    Magic: Mathemagics, Rune and Wordsmith Magic, Repair, Clean, Healing, Analyze Magic, Magic Item Creation/Maintenance/Alteration, Dispel Magic, Barrier Magic
    Affiliation: High Magic Council

Appearance: Regula has mid-length white hair, her natural hair color not from age, tied back in a professional bun. Her features are not unattractive, but she always has a professional, cold, machine-like demeanor. They say her smile could make an ice demon shiver. She stares at the world through horn-rimmed glasses the same way one would observe animals through a glass cage. Her clothing, whether she's in her council uniform, a lab coat, or a business suit, is always pressed and professional as if it was fresh off the rack. Her height and weight are only average, and while she's healthy she's not a physically capable person. She always has a confident demeanor, always one step ahead of the game, only revealing what she has to. Her confidence alone gives her admirers (of which there are many) the impression of a sexy librarian or even a dominatrix.

Background: Regula's childhood is largely unknown except for her academic career, which is so spotless and perfect it looks fake. Despite this, the record is completely accurate. Her grades have all been perfect and her record is spotless. All of her extra curriculars, academic in nature, have always had perfect records as well as long as she was with him. There's a rumor that one professor almost gave her a B+ in a subject, but he mysteriously vanished before the grades were final and his replacement awarded her the highest grade for that class.

She rose through the ranks of the academic world, from professor of the Grand Cross Magical Academy to its superintendent within a few short years. There are rumors of forbidden magic experiments, blackmail of prominent figures, and other such underhanded dealings, but there is no actual evidence of any wrongdoing anywhere. Eventually she was nominated for the position of High Council, which she accepted.

Although she's never displayed any romantic tendencies, she does have a biological son: Skye. The official claim is that she was forced by a notorious pirate captain, Skye's father, and forced to bear the child, though Skye is certain there's more to it, but he's even more certain that his father and mother would murder each other given the chance. Regula “raised” Skye in the academy, Skye staying locked in the dormitories when not in classes that he regularly ignored. Skye was kidnapped by the very pirates under his father's command at some point, and aside from acting very distraught for a short time, she doesn't seem to care or mind.

Magic:

Mathemagics: Regula's a master of many different kinds of magics, but her magic choice is called Mathemagics. In its most basic forms, it works like most other elemental magics, taking the form of long, flowing ribbons of various mathematic formulas incomprehensible to anyone but Regula which can slice through targets or combine into various other shapes. It's the other possible uses of the magic that make it distinctive. Basically, any magic, no matter how unique or personalized, can be reduced to a series of mathematical equations by Regula's methods. With enough observation, she can counter or modify her opponent's magical effects in addition to her normal attacks.

• Addition Mathemagic – Her mathemagics amplify an active spell of her own or an ally's. If the spell being cast has extremely unstable or volatile properties, the amplification can cause the spell to overload and malfunction.
    • Subtraction Mathemagic – This equation subtracts power from a spell, cutting the magical energy behind it and severely weakening it, possibly to the point where it doesn't work altogether.
    • Multiplication Mathemagics – This equation takes an object or spell and creates several copies of it. If the target is physical, in nature (objects, creatures, people, etc.) the copies are no more than illusions. They have physical form, but otherwise have none of the properties the original has, and promptly vanish once the illusion is discovered. If the target is made of energy or magic, the copies have all the strength and properties of the original.
    • Division Mathemagics – This equation takes a target and splits it into several pieces. A spell, such as a fireball, becomes several smaller fireballs, weaker in strength but more in number. Splitting such a target like this into small enough pieces turns a normally lethal fireball into a spray of weak sparks. A physical object is actually split apart into several pieces through seamless cuts, but otherwise completely unharmed. A living target exists in separate pieces, but is otherwise completely unharmed.
    • Divide By Zero – The ultimate equation in Mathemagics, occurs when the formula results in undefined, such as if something is dividing by zero. It creates a singularity, a black hole for magic. All things magical are pulled in to the one point, draining all nearby magic and nullifying magical effects. It only causes physical pain to beings with magic, anything else is unharmed, and once a target is completely drained they are no longer affected by the equation.

Other Magics: Regula is experienced in a wide variety of other magics. She's an expert in magical linguistics and can translate and work multiple rune and word-based magics. She has Repair magic, Clean magic, and advanced Healing magic. With her Analyze magic, she can identify spells and their properties. She has enough experience with magical items to be able to work, maintain, disable, or even create new magic items. She also knows enough Dispel magic to depose of most hindering magical effects, as well as enough Barrier magic to set up multiple levels of wards.

Other Abilities: Regula is an accomplished liar and politician with multiple contacts in power. What she lacks in charm, she makes up for in charisma and intimidation. She's always several steps ahead of everyone, has plans for almost every contingency, and never reveals all the cards she's holding. She has one hell of a pokerface too. She also has a photographic memory and enough academic and magical knowledge to put most libraries to shame, knowing the attributes about even rare, lost, or even forbidden magics. She still does various magical experiments, though she either avoids anything potentially dangerous or illegal, or is very good at hiding any evidence that would link her to such things.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Do we require another magical defribulator? Is this dead now?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I would hope not. It was starting to get good.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Still here.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Still here as well, just been a little uninspired the last few weeks from the holidays and such. I should be back on track now.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm still here!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Okay, in a general attempt to get things rolling, here's what I'm seeing so far:

For Tebryn's mission, the one that's supposed to get some major plot moving, we're waiting on Lil Shiro and riccaru's characters to arrive at the train station.

For the bog demon mission, we're waiting on riccaru to provide further narration.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm going to be very busy this weekend. I don't know if I'll have time at a computer at all.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

Edited my last post to include Nimbus and another post will be along with the whereabouts of Nick and the gripping conclusion of The Mystery of Willowsworth Manor! ooooooh spooky.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Xondoure casts Wake Up!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been trying to summon the spirit to post here but it seems lacking from all the holiday craziness and general...mehness. Don't know what to say really, inspired for other games and not in others. It's an odd place to be and I feel pretty bad about it. Not that that sentiment means much which I understand.

11. - Top - End - #281

Xondoure, I have no idea what that post was about.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Oh just Jack and Metus having crazy escapades. Riccaru doesn't take it into his hands to progress the swamp scene then I'll just plow forward but I figured he should have another chance to get things rolling in the town if he wants to.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I figure most people are probably busy with the holidays and everything. I know the One Piece RP is waiting on me and I haven't had much of a chance to post. I'd say give people at least till January to start posting again.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Fairy Tail in the Playground [FTITP]

I am not personally busy, but I assume enough business has gotten around to slow things down considerably, so I concur.

I am tempted to have a holiday side-shenanigan happen, but that's just my latent insanity speaking up. Don't listen to it or its promises of delicious pie.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I am not personally busy, but I assume enough business has gotten around to slow things down considerably, so I concur.

I am tempted to have a holiday side-shenanigan happen, but that's just my latent insanity speaking up. Don't listen to it or its promises of delicious pie.
    OMG! It would be like a filler episode!
    Fairy Tails Winter Wonderland!
    Sorry, I love themed non-canon plots.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

We need that now it's inevitable.

Dibs on Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come! Ooh! or crashing the one-horse open sleigh!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

17. - Top - End - #287

We need that now it's inevitable.

Dibs on Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come! Ooh! or crashing the one-horse open sleigh!
    Um... I was thinking use our regular characters, but make a separate thread since it is a side-plot, and say they are given a holiday themed mission or something of the sort.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Um... I was thinking use our regular characters, but make a separate thread since it is a side-plot, and say they are given a holiday themed mission or something of the sort.
    That's why I picked the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. Nimbus already has the costume! :3

Sorry for the confusion, I tend to lose coherency at .3 Pinkie Pies.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

19. - Top - End - #289

That's why I picked the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. Nimbus already has the costume! :3

Sorry for the confusion, I tend to lose coherency at .3 Pinkie Pies.
    Alright! We really should totes do this.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Alright! We really should totes do this.
    Indeed, but we are only two people posting, it seems. That can only mean one thing...

Dibs on not making the thread!

*Escapes through cannon*

Just a jest, I can make a thread if necessary. Do think you might be better at it, though.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #291

Indeed, but we are only two people posting, it seems. That can only mean one thing...

Dibs on not making the thread!

*Escapes through cannon*

Just a jest, I can make a thread if necessary. Do think you might be better at it, though.
    I suppose I could... If I have to.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

The thread can be found here.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nice. This could be fun if I'm thinking what I think what it is. Time for some holiday highjinks.

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Nice. This could be fun if I'm thinking what I think what it is. Time for some holiday highjinks.
    What are you thinking?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

About how this is Fairy Tail we are talking about here. With these guys in the tournament it is likely to end with an explosion. Plus the Fairy Tail crew usually has the tendency to overdo things.

26. - Top - End - #296

Selena should become Gabriel's master and teach him plant magic. It will make it hurt more when she is finally arrested for being a master thief.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Selena should become Gabriel's master and teach him plant magic. It will make it hurt more when she is finally arrested for being a master thief.
    Yeah I was thinking something similar.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Yeah I was thinking something similar.
    Yay! More plotz!
    LGBTitP