New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Fairy Tail in the Playground [FTITP]

Could I request a completely arbitrary ability/restriction to the, for lack of a better term, wait staff of Fairy Tail?

It would make sense for the butler/bartender to know some of the more intimate details about guild members, especially longstanding guild members. So if someone like, say, Skye was less talkative about their past, other members could get the basic skinny from the staff. Going with Skye as an example, a guild member could find out that Skye donates his entire share of payment on missions to the guild in exchange for food, drink, and to be able to sleep on the roof, and that Skye doesn't actually have his own place.

As for the restriction part I mentioned, I would hope that some of that more sensitive information would remain confidential in good faith. For example, they might know the identity of Skye's parents, but wouldn't divulge it to other members.
    Spoiler
    Show
    His mother's a powerful but corrupt politician/headmistress of a magic academy and his father is a bloodthirsty dread pirate, and not the fun Jack Sparrow kind.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

When you say the wait staff do you want that to include Kuhn? I'm just asking so that I don't accidentally do something stupid.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

If that's okay with you, yes.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sure, okay then. Also on another topic I am just waiting for when Kuhn faces off against a TR guild character, preferably a cocky one, just so he can spout off this line from an abriged series. "Hello I am Kuhn C. Calbreeze. I am the Fairy Tail guild butler and resident speedster. I answer the door, I clean up the guild, and I take out the trash. I also take care of self entitled little tw*ts like yourself."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-16 at 11:08 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Sure, okay then. Also on another topic I am just waiting for when Kuhn faces off against a TR guild character, preferably a cocky one, just so he can spout off this line from an abriged series. "Hello I am Kuhn C. Calbreeze. I am the Fairy Tail guild butler and resident speedster. I answer the door, I clean up the guild, and I take out the trash. I also take care of self entitled little tw*ts like yourself."
    Now I can't help but picture Cogsworth VS Kuhn. High Speed Butler VS Time Stop Clock Guy.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

It would be fun to roleplay to say the least.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was thinking of making a set of twins who use magic that only works when they use it together.

I was hoping someone could play the other twin.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I could do it if you want. I'm on GITP a good amount so it's possible.

9. - Top - End - #219

I could do it if you want. I'm on GITP a good amount so it's possible.
    That sounds good. Let me make my character first so you can see what I am going for.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    ...Don't you dare touch my kidneys! Their mine to harvest, MINE!

...Sorry 'bout that. Ignore what I just said completely.

Comments on the two newest proposed members are as follows though...

Lord Metus, I need to think about and look over more myself, especially after your clarifications.

I think a big thing for Jack, is simply your use of the word immortality. It brings with it a lot of preconceived ideas of how it functions, what it stops, etc. Part of it was already brought up before, but with your explanation, I don't think you could call what Jack has immortality in the first place. My suggestion is to switch the power to something more akin to 'Self-Reanimation' since that's more what he does. He's an intelligent zombie who can control big pieces of himself when they aren't connected to his body. Heck, it even looks like he dies the same way, by destroying his head since he can't control what he's doing then. It's less immortality as much as 'Hit His Weak Spot for Massive Damage'.

In other words, change your wording of it and emphasize that he still takes damage and needs his head intact to control his body (even if it's not put together at the moment) and I think Jack's ability becomes far more reasonable.

Also, considering someone else mentioned having a Mirajane-like NPC to handle waiting tables and etc. I should point out I've been thinking of a non-mage character to fulfill that very rule.
    I echo this. Jack is fine so long as he's not Immortal Immortal.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Excuse the double post.

Name: Ein
    Height: 5' 2''
    Weight: 100
    Blood Type: A
    Magic: Magic Read, Requip
    Guild: Twilight Reconciliation

Appearance: A rather plain looking boy, Ein has red hair cropped short though keeps his bangs long. He is quite thin and often wears an outfit much like Ginko though it mostly comes off as a cheap and clear rip off which is a source of much derision from his Guild. Ein is covered in scars and burns along with his Twilight Reconciliation tattoo, even his face spotting several slash marks across his left eye.

Background: An orphan of one of the many wars of the land, Ein lost everything when his family was killed by a powerful cadre of mages from a Dark Guild. Even his name was lost in that conflict which thrust him into the world at the age of ten. He wandered about the nearest town for quite some time before joining up with Twilight Reconciliation after hearing of their defeat of the guild that killed his family. However, many in the guild know of his low level of magical ability and thus look down on him, keeping him around because they find his odd durability useful in missions requiring a scapegoat or disarming tool.

Magic: Ein has no magic skills currently, his potential more in his blood than study despite his natural talent with Requip Magic

Requip Magic: Ein is a natural with Requip magic though has had little chance to gain a substantial armory.

Magic Read: Ein's second and perhaps more powerful magic is his eyes which can discern and break apart spells cast at him, even his skin and muscles being able to read the magic should it hit him. After being subjected to a spell several times either in an area about himself or on his physical person. Should he survive the after effects of the spell or not fall unconscious Ein can duplicate the spell though several conditions exempt some magics. Ein must see the spell he is trying to copy, any such spell he does not see first cannot initiate Magic Read

Summon Spells: Ein cannot copy any spell requiring a contract with a spirit or soul, nor can he copy the individual powers of said entities. Spells that summon things through other means however can be duplicated, such as using an element to make a fighting form so long as he is attacked by said form.

Duplication Magic: Though Ein can view these magics, it fits into the lower clause that Ein cannot transform his body in any way.

Barrier Magic and Rune Magic: Ein can only copy such magics on an individual level and must be able to read the barrier or runes in question. Any magics associated along with the runes or barriers cannot be copied.

Invisibility: Any magic that makes one unseeable is the bane of Magic Read, negating the power completely.

Transformation: Ein is unable to duplicate any form

Time Control: Ein cannot transform any spell that causes how he precives time to change, actually causing him physical pain as Magic Read is sent into overload.

Personal Magics: Any magic that is centered on an individual, such as Reflect Magic, is unable to be copied via Magic Read. This does not pertain to the abilities of some magics however like Dragon Slayers ability to eat elements and store their power.

Healing Magic: Any magic that can heal Ein cannot be duplicated as the Magic Read counts this form as body altering. That is not to say he can't be healed or learn healing magic, merely the rules of Magic Read prohibit the ability to copy the spell.

Area of Effect: Ein cannot duplicate area of effect magics without seeing it cast and the whole area the spell effects. The spell duplicated is a directed spell, Ein unable to copy the whole area. If the spell cannot be formed into a single person spell it cannot be copied.

Any spell copied in this manner is at the power level of Ein, not the mage the spell was copied from.

Other Powers:

Iron Skin: Ein is incredibly durable and resistant to pain, having lived through various tortuers and the slings and arrows of his fellow guild mates. He is however not impervious to damage and bleeds like everyone else when cut.

Marksman: Ein is quite talented with rifles and other guns however cannot afford a particularly good weapon and thus often has issues with jamming. His gun is more of a liability.

I am aware Magic Read has a good potential to be dangerous if left unchecked though I think with all the things it can't actually copy it is safely balanced. Others are free to disagree of course, and I am quite open to talking it out. Let it not be said that I am immune to pruning.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-17 at 08:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

So he has a sharingan?
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

*Gets out the pruning sheers, caked with the congealed blood of other characters*

jk.

The only two suggestions I'd make is to 1) somehow limit the number of magics he can have at a time: either he can only mimic a magic for a duration before it goes away, or he can only mimic a certain number of magics (say 3 for example) before he has to "forget" how to use a magic to make room for others. B) My other suggestion is to include magic that is either based off of or derived from items. Example: Erza's magic relies on her armors, all of which are actually stowed in her apartment until she calls them. Another in-game example: Most of Ezio's magic directly involves his camera or typewriter.

Also, I would not classify this character as an F-rank, if such a thing exists. Hell, I'd say anyone below a B-rank would almost be incapable of magical combat. Ezio, for example, is just a journalist and probably won't ever fight someone unless forced.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    *Gets out the pruning sheers, caked with the congealed blood of other characters*

jk.

The only two suggestions I'd make is to 1) somehow limit the number of magics he can have at a time: either he can only mimic a magic for a duration before it goes away, or he can only mimic a certain number of magics (say 3 for example) before he has to "forget" how to use a magic to make room for others. B) My other suggestion is to include magic that is either based off of or derived from items. Example: Erza's magic relies on her armors, all of which are actually stowed in her apartment until she calls them. Another in-game example: Most of Ezio's magic directly involves his camera or typewriter.

Also, I would not classify this character as an F-rank, if such a thing exists. Hell, I'd say anyone below a B-rank would almost be incapable of magical combat. Ezio, for example, is just a journalist and probably won't ever fight someone unless forced.
    Eh, Gabriel is C and he can fight. Not well, but he can do it.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    So he has a sharingan?
    No, more like Blue Magic from Final Fantasy.

The only two suggestions I'd make is to 1) somehow limit the number of magics he can have at a time: either he can only mimic a magic for a duration before it goes away, or he can only mimic a certain number of magics (say 3 for example) before he has to "forget" how to use a magic to make room for others.
    The only thing with that is, he can only learn one spell he's subjected to. Limiting it down so far with all the other limitations seems to me...unbalanced in the other direction when every other character has at least three spells at their disposal, rat off the bat even. It also adds a bit of book keeping to the power. It's versatile yes, but (and I should perhaps add this on) he doesn't copy the power level of the power, it only is as powerful as he is.

B) My other suggestion is to include magic that is either based off of or derived from items. Example: Erza's magic relies on her armors, all of which are actually stowed in her apartment until she calls them. Another in-game example: Most of Ezio's magic directly involves his camera or typewriter.
    I will when/if he gets any such thing. He currently doesn't have anything except an old crappy gun with no magical powers what so ever.

He is being forced to fight more or less however. He's F because he's totally useless at the moment but can't say no. Twilight Reconciliation isn't a nice place after all.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

What I suggest is that you make him like an actual Wizard, you know DND style. Technically he can learn any magic he is exposed to. However he has to write the spelldown in grimiore and has to cast any magic he has not naturally learned from that. When he gets seperated from it he can't cast those spells until he gets it back. I'm not sure about using the spells per day idea though.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, he would be naturally learning it in the literal sense. It has the same issue with only getting to know three spells before forgetting it however. Bookkeeping (though kinda less so because I can just mark the spells he learned via Magic Read with something like MR) but the spells per day is right out.

The issue with this idea is that actually limiting it to a certain number of uses kinda goes against the flavor of the world we're playing in. It not as bad as lowering the number known, as they're kinda linked. It's got the potential to be powerful but at the same time it can't copy most of the really powerful spells and there's a pretty big risk in using them. I myself am not afraid of killing off characters when I think they should be killed. I don't mind other people keeping their characters alive for what ever reason but...ya. If a character is in combat and is in a position to die he's going to die, I'm not going to pull a Deus Ex Machina or something out to keep a character I'm playing in the game. I really did try to balance this as I know it had the potential to be something that could be abused. I am even going to add that it can't copy healing magic in fact as it just occurred to me that'd make for an easy thing to copy for him. He's got the potential to be very versatile, but only in so far as what he encounters.

Edit: Also edited in a bit about Area of Effect powers.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-17 at 08:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sounds good to me. I was just trying make everyone happy. Still souns interesting to have him there. Sry about suggesting the limit on spellcasting.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't have to be sorry for anything...I want it to be balanced, not unbalanced in either direction.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Job Offer: High Class Mages required to protect a building project off the coasts of Fiore! Payment on finishing of project, 800,000+ Jewels.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground

How "high class"? Would a mid range flame mage be in the running?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Would it be okay for Spero to grab the job? He could work with just about anyone if Cecilla/Shiro didn't feel like doing it

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    How "high class"? Would a mid range flame mage be in the running?
    Considering normal jobs have gone up to 2 million jewels and the only S-class amount we've seen was 7 million for the Galuna Island incident, I'd think that you'd qualify.

24. - Top - End - #234

Tana Bariet

Height: 5' 0"
    Weight: 90
    Blood Type: O-
    Magic: Barrier Magic
    Guild: Fairy Tail

Appearance:

Background: Tana was born into a family of servants, however she was the only one of them born with magical powers. It only seemed reasonable that she should serve a mage guild. She joined Fairy Tail, not only as a servant, but to learn more about magic. She currently does all the housekeeping at night and the morning, and caters to the members of the guild during the day.

Magic: Barrier magic allows Tana to form telekinetic barriers with her mind. She is not very good, however, so her barriers are not very strong. She can also use her barriers as platforms to hold things.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering normal jobs have gone up to 2 million jewels and the only S-class amount we've seen was 7 million for the Galuna Island incident, I'd think that you'd qualify.
    More or less this.

26. - Top - End - #236

Would it be okay for Spero to grab the job? He could work with just about anyone if Cecilla/Shiro didn't feel like doing it
    I'm up for it if you are.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds fine, we should do the Bog Demon one first then go on to this one...as I have some idea's for an actual start of the storyline based around it.

28. - Top - End - #238

I edited my post to include Cecilia's response to Spero.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

And the reason no one is posing is...?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanksgiving holiday season? I had a 12 hour shift last night and a 10 tonight so I'm kinda tired. I'll post when I have time. But in America at least it's the Black Friday so shopping as well as lots of food and family get togethers.