Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Sanguinary Pleasures [IC, DM: Ur-Quan]

Welcome to the world of Sanguinary Pleasures. Enjoy some of these:

Current setting information:
    Spoiler
    Show

The continent you inhabit is named Seril. It's currently known that's the only continent of the world, and ships never leave its edges for long, as no one has returned from a trip to the "edge of the world". You're in the manlands, an empire united by chance and necessity. Necessity of survival, of course, as no other race likes humans. Its center of rule is the city of Lances.

Languages you might speak/learn:

Azdalen - Dragon tongue, one of the primary magic languages.
    Darekien - Dragon-elf tongue, not too different from Azdalen, but adapted to humanoid speech. Losing most of the uppers mystical prowess, it sounds quite different, and requires specific learning.
    Galovor - Northern human reaches speak this language.
    Paliesin - An official human language. Used for ritual processions and politics. Most of the books are written in this language.
    Hiacint - Nomad tongue, used by Nomad Forest Elves.
    Caladion - City-elf tongue, known for it's use in matters of trade.
    Makatish - Wild tongue, used by demi-humans: Goblins, Kobolds and others.
    Ponochnik - Mud-elf tongue, known as hell-speak. Used by reptillian tribes and ogres, too.
    Old elven - Used by ancient elven tribes, which dated todays elves. Tongue of magic.

Races of the world: (Races are the PC options, and the common fact is that they're physically interchangeable considering matters of equipment)

Humans are the most diverse beings living on Seril. The youngest specie to inhabit a meaningful part of the continent, humans adapt. Their adaptivity is the reason for their global hate. Most of the older races consider humans a taint on the world, not different than rats. Humans expanded to everywhere, and a lot of ancient glory is lost because of their constantly growing expansion. They aren't capable of magic, which makes them heavily religious. Human deity, their maker and protector is Cyriel gold-bound. Humans are as diverse as their surroundings, so it's hard to go into detail with their race.

Elves were lords of the lands in an era long past. As the younger races arrived, their influence decimated the unity elves once had. Elven kingdoms have split into fragmented empires. All elves are vulnerable to magic, unless stated otherwise. Most elves see humans as cattle, clay-made figurines without a soul, as proven by their lack of magic. Their lack of soul also makes them spread so fast, as contrary to the elves, which are all almost-infertile. A couple of elves can live together for their whole life and not have progeny. An elf lives for 150-200 years and achieves adulthood with 30.

Dragon elves are ruled by dragon monarchs. They split into two blood-forged empires: Chromatic Empire and Metallic Empire. The empires aren't in direct conflict. Chromatic Empire trades with men and is neutrally aligned towards them, while Metallic Empire doesn't shy away from conquering human lands and using them as slaves. Elves are susceptible to strong magic, so Dragons, founts of that power, were their natural overlords. Their skin is influenced by the lifelong proximity to the magic of a dragon, so it can change tint or gain slightly different properties.

City elves saw the rise of humans firsthand and decided to adapt. They're a race of independent city-states brought into existence with hard labour and meticulous use of magic. They strictly adhere to their principles and deem humans unworthy of entering their mighty cities. Their cities are smaller, their defenses are stronger. There are no real peasants under their wing, as they collectively work on everything, including the farmlands.

Forest elves follow their old tradition. They're also called Nomad elves. They try to stay in direct contact with nature and the balance of the world. They're mostly left alone by other races, apart from the Chromatic Empire, which wants to annex them into it's ranks, often forcefully. Their caravans are strong trade-centers, as they travel through the whole world. They're the race which breeds most of the druids and hunters of the world.

Mud elves are a race of hidden elves, moving across the swamps of the world, along with other hardly hospitable locales. They're very hostile towards all other races and considered almost savage. Vicious in their territorial defence, not a lot is known about this race.

Halflings and Gnomes are almost extinct. Their homes became human cities and their lands human lands. Halflings are left in small enclaves, surrounded by humans and made to live cramped lives, while gnomes went to their underground roots, keeping close to the vast caverns of dwarvenfolk.

Dwarves had an empire which was impregnable until it got fragmented by human influence. Their empire was huge both on surface and underground. While the surface empire keeps to a small valley, fortified with hardest metals and dwarves known to the surface world, the underground empire expands into all directions. They're highly protective and xenophobic, not allowing anyone to enter their self-supporting lands.

Orcs are a bestial race inhabiting rocky deserts and mountainous regions. Used to dry and cruel weather, Orcish Union trains the perfect mercenaries and soldiers, well versed with any odds. Orcish tribes will not shy away from selling their children as a trade good. They keep to sources of water and are friendly only when they can use it to their advantage.

Human money:

1 Golden Throne (platinum coin) = 10 Silver Swords (gold coin) = 100 Bronze Moons (silver coin) = 1000 Bronze Stars (copper coin)

Parentheses mark the 3.5 alternative.

Current world map (made by PersonMan):
    Spoiler
    Show

Click for details
    Important landmarks: Inner Ocean, Krus mountain chain, Outer Ocean
    {table]Land|Nation
    Zeneil| Conjugated Human Empire
    Angula| Chromatic Empire
    Calazion| Independent Elven City-states
    Dyprozia| Metallic Empire[/table]

Starting the story now:

Karg is a county bordering between Calazion and zeneil. Being a borderland place, Karg stays pretty independent and neutral when conflicts occur. That neutrality lasts until one of the neighbouring rulers outbids the rest. Karg is ruled by a self-titled "Baron" Eres, a half-elf taking the rule half a decade ago. He led a millitary coup at the ruling nobility. Since then, Karg has titled itself an "Independent Barony of Free Men" and it treats Elves, Humans and their mixed offspring equally. As long as you've got money for your tithes, you're welcome inside. Most of the towns are a mixed pot of races, mainly fugitives who couldn't bear the mock of having a mate of different race, along with other low-lifes who just wanted to settle down and spend some of their hard earned money cooling themselves. Eres rules from his Villa and the city surrounding it, Arris.

This county also homes you. You might be there temporarily, you might live there, but you're there. Namely, in the hamlet of Strinar. Its only buildings are a crossroad tavern and a trading post, surrounded by a couple of farms in the distance. Life's not easy, and the tavern's often filled with all kinds of guests. One of those are you, brought to share a table by fate, or chance, if you'd prefer it.

[DM note: Railroad it a bit and bond with each other, either by your recent history, or currently. Your current out-of-the-game quest is to become a party.]

The tavern's quite homely, it's name is "Boar's Tail". You can see a dozen tables around. Some of the strangers are playing darts, you can hear the heavy projectile land with a satisfying thump. Naturally, dice can be heard, being rolled in the background. A nasty bunch of men, in a corner, seems to argue loudly while drinking a whole lot of ale.

The bartender is an old man, thin and frail, using a rag to clean his glasses. His well built son is serving drinks around and working. He seems to be a bit dull-witted, but he doesn't do the mental work, his pa' does.

The tavern has a pleasant smell of lamb meat in the air, intertwined with cooked wine. The lighting is decent, if a bit dark, common for a tavern.
    Last edited by Ur-Quan; 2011-11-11 at 06:40 PM.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Sanguinary Pleasures [IC, DM: Ur-Quan]

"So then friends, what shall we do?" Ludo asks, "This land is new to me, and I've only got so much money to spend at this inn before my family is left destitute. Has anyone got a lead on some solid work?"

Ludo sits back in his chair, sipping his ale slowly and looking at each member of the group in turn.

Perception to see how well the darts-players are doing: (1d20+5)[7]

Tired of looking up detailed rules?
    Looking for a simple universal system that doesn't sacrifice creativity?
    Always wanted vaguely art-deco character sheets?

[Try 2d6]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Sanguinary Pleasures [IC, DM: Ur-Quan]

Valyn sits uncomfortably in the chair he has taken by the table. He glances towards the raucous men in the corner and his eyes narrow in distaste. He turns back to look at Ludo.

"I know not what we do... should do." The uncomfortable human tongue comes out awkwardly as Valyn corrects himself. He has not had much opportunity to practice speaking, so despite his understanding of the language, he often slips up grammatically or colloquially.
    "I barely have enough moons for a room. We must soon find something. I was hoping you would have an easier time finding... work?" Valyn is unsure of the prospects of practicing his profession here. Worst comes to worst he'll try to make some money dancing in one of the larger settlements. Thus far people, even in this county, seem unfamiliar with the ceremonial dance of the Dawnflower, and it's foreign nature helps. That would be a last resort though... Valyn thinks to himself. I'd rather find a job where less questions will be asked... As the thought passes through his mind, he subconsciously checks the daggers strapped to his wrists, and the currently empty vials in their pommels.

Spoiler
    Show
    Things in my color not in quotes are thoughts.

Questions: How many of the 'men' in the corner that are being annoying are human?
    What race are the people currently playing darts? and how skilled to they appear to be? Perception - (1d20+8)[12]

4. - Top - End - #4

The men at the table are mainly human, with one, or maybe two, half-elves around. They're talking in a peasant accent, which your limited understanding can't comprehend yet. They almost aren't talking in Galovor at all, from your viewpoint.

The dart players seem to be equal parts human and half elf. Four players seem to be doing equally well, with one human coming out by a hair. He is the one who uses a lot of force in his throws, and you can see it helps him. He did ruin a couple of darts already by hitting the wall at an angle, which bended the needle completely. He seems to be the local "champion".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalis, without taking his eyes off the comelier taverngoers, sips his ale and replies quietly to Valyn,"A capable sword with flexible morals should have no difficulty finding discreet employment in one of the larger cities."
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2011-11-10 at 06:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I would prefer to find some honest work, friend Kalis," explains Ludo, "I do not want to hurt anyone, and I would rather not tangle with the local law if at all possible."

Ludo drains his ale and stands, stretching his arms in the air.

"I'm going to see about getting a room," he says, turning around and striding over to the bar, "Excuse me barkeep, how much for a room? My wife and child will be back from the store soon, and I wish to settle the bill before they return."

[Ludo's wife and daughter are over at the general store, stocking up on food for the next few days.]

[Try 2d6]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Alsai nods when Scholar Valyn mentions needing work. While I have certainly enjoyed this respite from my travels, I need to continue along the Path of Ur-Seeking soon. Perhaps we can search for work here or nearby and meet back up after a short time, perhaps a few hours, perhaps longer, to discuss our findings? She doesn't have what one would normally call an accent, although it is essentially one. If one was to listen to her without seeing the young traveler, they might think that she was reading out of a book rather than simply speaking normally. Although her face shows a mixture of polite neutrality and friendliness of the same sort, Alsai is displeased with the thought of the group breaking apart. While speaking to them, the Glowing Initiate had found that she felt a sort of camaraderie even after only a few short exchanges with the men. Alsai hoped that this could be the group she had been searching for, and that now she could finally travel with friends again. Having spent so much time surrounded by others of her faith, Alsai still hasn't completely adjusted to spending her time alone or around strangers.

Unlike the others, she doesn't pay much attention to those playing darts or making noise.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-11-11 at 01:25 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

8. - Top - End - #8

"For the time you've already spent here, 24 moons, a moon for a night, for each of you." You can count your and your wife's expenses as 6 moons, another 6 for each of the others.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ludo searches his pockets for a minute, pulling out a small coin purse.

"Here, for my share," he says, putting six moons down on the bar, "and there's another three moons in it for you if you can give me a solid lead on some work around here. My name is Ludo, I am a hunter by trade."

Ludo extends his hand towards the bartender in a gesture of friendship.

[Try 2d6]

10. - Top - End - #10

The bartender holds your hand friendly and sturdily - like a true working man.

"Well, I don't hire anybody. This is a family business, but you can always ask the village heads, they'll meet this evening, right here." Bartender thinks for a second, while he releases your hand and starts cleaning the mug again.

"Yes, they should have jobs, as every mercenary who passes by goes to them." He hesitates. "We often need mercenaries, as a village this size, all we have to solve our problems is few fair militiamen and we don't want to ask the baron for help.." He stops and clears his throat. "..because it would be rude to waste his time with minor problems."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you, kind sir. You've been most helpful," says Ludo, passing the man another three moons, "And now, I'd like to order another round of drinks for my friends and I."

Ludo walks back to the table after paying for the drinks and hands them round.

"Friends, we are in luck! The barkeep says that the village heads will be meeting here this very evening, and could be in need of our services!"

After another drink, Ludo walks over to the darts-players and says, "Excuse me, is this a private game or may I join in?"

Diplomacy: (1d20)[18]

[Try 2d6]

12. - Top - End - #12

"Why not, if you've got the coin. All but the winner pay the barkeep for the darts and the worst pays the winner's fee. Also, you can bet with some of boys here for additional coin. The boys are, he starts counting them, and they extend their hands as they're introduced: Braun - he points to, who you've noticed, the best player. Delfa and Shetka, two of the half-elves and siblings."

"Finally, there's myself. Thain, at your service." He smiles and shakes your hand firm, real firm.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well-met Thain. Delfa, Shetka, Braun," says Ludo, bowing to each player in turn.

When his turn comes around Ludo throws...

Ranged attack rolls:

Throw 1: (1d20+5)[6]
    Throw 2: (1d20+5)[23]
    Throw 3: (1d20+5)[14]

(assuming traditional darts rules)

[Try 2d6]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Wincing a little at Ludo's bowing, Kalis turns to his other companions and asks with a wry grin, "I wonder what sort of problems - too minor to bother the lord whose land this is - requires a village this small to hire mercenaries on a regular basis? This ought to be interesting."
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2011-11-15 at 12:56 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Alsai nods and seems relieved at Hunter Ludo's news. Potential work, for which mercenaries were needed, would probably allow her to gather more suffering at an increased pace. With luck, the group would stay together for a longer period of time and she could potentially teach the others the tenets of the Path. Although as a Glowing Initiate she didn't have the authority or knowledge to fully train them into fellow Ur-Seekers, she could at least make it possible for them to return to the enclave with her. When Hunter Ludo goes to join in the game of darts, she raises an eyebrow at the strange greeting ritual which follows. The dart players extend their arms and his response is to bow? Unusual, Alsai thinks, but certainly not the strangest of customs she has seen or heard of. During her time outside of the enclave, Alsai has heard of quite a few unusual things.

To Arcanist Kalis Alsai nods, as well, before speaking. I am similarly intrigued by the necessity of hiring mercenaries to deal with what they call minor problems, Arcanist Kalis.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-11-15 at 10:09 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Valyn thinks for a moment while he considers his words. "I expect the lord is either unable or unwilling to help, or else the matter at hand is of such a nature that they do not trust going to him for help would be safe," Though he had to speak more slowly than he would have liked, he feels fairly confident he did not make any mistakes this time. Valyn looks to where the bartender is working before turning back to his companions at the table. After a few moments Valyn glances over to where Ludo is playing darts with the other patrons of the bar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Valyn's decided he isn't going to play (assuming he overheard that they are playing for drinks as he's not drinking any alcohol) and he also doesn't have enough money to or much interested in betting on people other than his own's ability to play. He is however mildly interested in how Ludo is doing, and is tempted to take a look at the darts to examine their weight, balance, etc.

After a full round of darts has passed (and he can see how well Ludo did compared to the regulars, I'll decide what's going to happen)

17. - Top - End - #17

Ludo hits pretty good numbers, but not nearly good as Braun. Braun seems to be a notch above him, scoring 2 bull-eyes in a single hand, while the others were tight behind Ludo.

Valyn notices these are normal darts, every second tavern has a set. He also notices Braun has a distinctive style of play. He's constantly hitting the same places, more because of skill, rather than luck or aim.
    Last edited by Ur-Quan; 2011-11-21 at 07:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You've got some skill, Braun," says Ludo, "I know when I'm beaten."

Ludo bows gracefully and after paying the bartender, sits back down at the table, taking a drink from his mug. Then he leans in close and whispers.

"I believe the big one there, Braun, has some sort of military training. Perhaps he's even a highwayman. Best keep our eye on that one friends."

Ludo reclines and sips his drink, waiting for his family to get back from the store and hoping the village heads will have some work to pad his purse with.
    Last edited by lothofkalroth; 2011-11-22 at 05:05 PM. Reason: forgot to pay the barkeep

[Try 2d6]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

In an equally hushed voice, Kalis replies "He's probably here for the same thing we are. Or maybe he comes in every other night for ale and darts; I've never heard of any army that practices dart-throwing drill."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Alsai is a bit confused by Hunter Ludo's assessment of Dartsplayer Braun. The young Glowing Initiate had payed as much attention to the dart throwing match as would be proper for one of her status (unfortunately, none of the participants had invited her to observe them, so she couldn't turn her full attention to it) and (weak) connections to the players. She hadn't seen anything that might indicate anything strange about Dartsplayer Braun. Military training could be an explanation for his skill...but to suspect robbery merely due to being able to throw darts well would be strange. After all, it was probably more likely that he was merely an avid player of the game, rather than having any sort of special training. Making such considerations about a person with whom you still, or at least should still, be speaking with in titles, was...well, it would be scandalous in the enclave. Here, however, it might be normal for one to consider the occupations of those one did not know. As Arcanist Kalis speaks up, Alsai inclines her head slightly, indicating polite interest without crossing the line by nodding. Even though this strange land apparently had no such rules, the Glowing Initiate was determined to uphold the guidelines of polite conversation.

Perhaps, Hunter Ludo, Dartsplayer Braun merely plays the game quite often, rather than having any sort of training in ranged weapons. In this matter, my opinion is harmonious with the one Arcanist Kalis brought to us. Alsai says, her eyes resting on the man's chin, as was proper for one without children to look at one who had them. The customs of this country were strange, apparently lacking dozens of vital rules to govern the interaction between those of most social positions.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Can't be too careful around here, friend," says Ludo, "The law doesn't have quite the same power as it does where you're from. A bit of suspicion goes a long way."

[Try 2d6]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalis continues to speak in a carefully level tone, still looking at nothing and no one in particular.

"Since we're being cautious, can we dispense with the titles? Just using them attracts attention to us, and I'd rather people didn't hear me addressed that way - All right, Cultist Alsai?"
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2011-11-24 at 12:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Alsai's so far ever-present polite mask breaks at Kalis' request, a crimson blush shooting up her cheeks. Her eyes widen sligthly in surprise, and she opens her mouth to reply before any words come to mind. The Glowing Initiate grips her mug so tightly that her knuckles begin to pale. While she knew that Arcanist Kalis was of another culture, his request still shook her. Within the enclave, something like this would elicit a completely different reaction, but this was an entirely foreign situation. Normally, the implication such a level of intimacy between the two would result in a breath of refusal, but the completion of such a ritual in this place would be all but impossible. Drawing a weapon would almost definitely draw the attention of every patron in the tavern, which is what the elf was trying to avoid in the first place.

Well, ah, em, I'm not really that kind of girl - I mean, I only just met you all, and, you see, I don't have any knives with me, so... Alsai replies, shifting uncomfortably. Besides, it's completely improper for you to address me in such a fashion. I can understand that you want to avoid unecessary attention, but there's no need to imply such...things about us. As she continues, it seems that her confusion and embarassment fades a bit, replaced by a more annoyed tone, like the one used for unruly children. If you wish to leave the use of titles to the wind, then I can arrange a silencing ritual, however, such an important step should not be taken ligthly.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalis finally turned to look at Alsai, surprised and faintly amused by her reaction. He had called her a "cultist" as a barb but she didn't seem to notice it at all; she was wholly fixated on rejecting the suggestion that she stop using titles. Different culture indeed, she probably thinks I paid her a compliment by calling her that.

"I won't guess what you thought I was implying. Things are done differently where you're from, and I understand that foreign mannerisms are as difficult to conceal as foreign accents." Kalis leaned in closer and lowered his voice further."But if you insist on using titles, don't call me Arcanist, or Wizard or Mage or anything like that. And, for the future, you don't want to be referred to as a Cultist, either."
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2011-11-24 at 06:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

"If I may," says Ludo, leaning towards Alsai, "While it may seem strange to you, the title 'Mister' for males and 'Miss' for females should be formal enough without revealing any unnecessary information."

Ludo leans back, sipping his ale.

[Try 2d6]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Alsai considers the words of both of the men. While Kalis seemed to be missing the point - although he did mention cultural differences, the elf hadn't made any sort of move to apologize for his mistake - he did at least communicate that he would prefer to be called by something other than what she had thought would be the appropriate title. However, despite that Hunter Ludo had found a solution that would allow her to both blend in more with the strange locals and still avoid straying from the proper methods of communication. Perhaps that was an advantage that these people had - a pair of all-purpose titles to encompass those above and below oneself would allow for clear delineation of relationships while eliminating the need for a silencing ritual. This was especially important to the Glowing Initiate due to the need to buy the knives necessary for such an action. Doing so would almost certainly draw attention, which was precisely what the ritual would be undertaken to avoid.

Hun-I mean, Mister Ludo, it seems that your suggestion is a good one. It brings harmony to the problem we face. I thank you for your support. Alsai says to Hunter Ludo, nodding. So, now that this...issue has been resolved, what will we spend the remainder of our time before the meeting with? I doubt that merely sitting at this table would be a course of action that would bring light to our spirits. Although, perhaps we could discuss the particulars of our abilities, as well as what we will and will not do, to give our voices harmony before the meeting?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Valyn suppresses a grin at the exchange he just witnessed. This will be very interesting...

"In addition to being a scholar, a fact you may have gathered either from your own observation or from our culturally inexperienced friend here," He glances towards Alsai, "I have received extensive training in the fields of alchemy and anatomy, and I am not ashamed to admit there is very little I will not do to further my knowledge of these fields..."

That said, he turns to Alsai and says, "I take no offense at being addressed as 'Scholar', Ur-seeker Alsai, but is there a title you would prefer us to use other than 'miss' that would draw less attention?"
    Last edited by Karthas077; 2011-11-26 at 03:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Alsai considers the question for a moment. Crafting a title for herself was something that she had never really thought of. Even one that was a mere false title would be far more than she ever expected she would be making. If she had understood the implication Valyn had made with his comment, she didn't show it. The Glowing Initiate's face had begun to return to its former, more normal, color, and she shifted into a more comfortable position, apparently able to sit completely normally despite much of her body being encased in armor. The girl lacks even the slightest signs of fatigue, seemingly as used to being in armor as most are used to wearing normal clothing. As she considers her response, the young Ur-Seeker traces strange patterns on her armor, following thin lines of blue that streak across the otherwise plain white plate. While doing so, Alsai's eyes drop down to the table and lose a bit of their focus, making it clear that she is putting most of her concentration into finding an adequate answer to the elf's query. After some further thinking, Alsai shakes her head, running one finger over the neck guard of her armor.

I don't think that will be necessary, Scholar Valyn. Alsai finally responds. Although, I do believe the proper title would be Tri-Scholar, but I believe that Scholar will suffice in this case, as we want to avoid drawing unnecessary attention t ourselves.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalis turns away from the table again before rolling his eyes, and resettling them on one of the bar's prettier patrons.

"I'm a good shot with a longbow. Fair with a blade as long as it's light and balanced. I know a couple of flashier tricks but I would prefer not to use them in front of witnesses."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ludo puts down his pint and a grave look passes over his face.

"I am a hunter by trade, I have spent weeks alone on the trail of deadly beasts, and my aim is as true as the sun's rays. I have felled a full-grown bear with nothing more than my bow and my wits. I know much of the land and her bounty, and can track beast and man alike in any weather the gods choose to face me with.

[Try 2d6]