New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Taleira, you are up.
    I would like to make it clear to Lil, that she has not stepped over the threshold into the gate)
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

"If you insist." Tali wastes no time in getting to the other side of the Gate, not particularly wanting to be around for whatever the angel has in mind.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Colossus in the Playground

It's your call, but can Lil still include walking-and-talking and have her MA-speech include getting into the gate? If so, that's what she's going to do.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, Atareth changes her mind. Holy smite really doesn't do much against one opponent, and holy word would simply be an annoyance as it is apparent that while not "high" level Cookie is still capable.

Beast-Atareth forward to slam Cookie twice with Targe-Wrecker, before continuing into the gate to make her the last one in.

Move Action
    * Move whatever distance in the tent to get to Cookie

Standard Action
    * Bounding Assault
    ** Attack #1: (1d20+34)[40], Damage (1d8+24)[25]
    ** Attack #2: (1d20+29)[44], Damage (1d8+24)[29]

If Cookie is hit by both attacks, then he must make a DC 30 Fort save or be stunned (1d6)[5] rounds.

Move Action, continued
    * Continue with spring attack to get into the gate.

"Well, girls," she says, "shall we try the next town? I'm afraid to use the toilet here."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-15 at 08:32 AM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Lil and Atareth bounce their way through the gate and for Atareth, its not a moment too soon. The gate collapses just as she passes through, she gets a momentary glimpse of several men, including Starwyn, coming into the tent, Starwyn casting to cause the gate to collapse and the others casting dimensional anchors to attempt to catch any stragglers before they could leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    You people almost all made a classic mistake. His rambling post was just to try and delay you...and if Lil and Atareth had decided to cast instead of flee, you would be negotiating for the release of hostages right now

With the group intact, Talbot offers his analysis of what just transpired.

I think I have it figured out. They were waiting for you, they must have known you would be coming about that sword of theirs. They armed their agent "Cookie" with a staff and a helm to do a suicide bombing of whatever elven glade you transported into. Im not so sure of how much damage it would have inflicted on the elves, but it would have totally discredited your quest in the eyes of the elven community. Its a good thing you didnt teleport earlier without me, and fortunately for you, I picked out the other staff.
    Talbot's legendary hubris is on display with his last comment, but unfortunately, arguing the point is a bit futile.

6. - Top - End - #486

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought the classic mistakes were 1) Never get involved in a land war in Asia, and 2) never go in with a Sicilian when death is on the line.

"Ahhhh, you caught me monologuing. I was right to idolize you!" (Name that movie.)

Insert Lok-too-loo-baz BS here .... (see long, rambling post above)
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

"...and that's why I don't go to reunions at the Wizard College."

Dot smiled at the staff, and nodded.

"Indeed, a cunning plan of theirs. We are fortunate to have you with us."

Ireth's questions bring her back to the present.

"Ah, yes. Welcome, welcome. I call this my creche. It's sort of an office, warehouse and vacation destination all in one."

She turns to the pair of statues for a moment.

"Finia."

Then continues with her explanation.

"Through those doors, you'll find a hallway to half a dozen private bedrooms, if we decide to stay a bit. Sorry, no stables, so it might be easiest if Sword remained here. Only the first door on the left will be locked - that's my room. That door leads to upstairs to offices, a small lab - nothing too elaborate, I'm afraid. That one downstairs to some storage areas, mostly empty. And that one to a small shrine to, um, Sabrina. I haven't really had time to rededicate it. I hope you'll understand."

She shrugged.

"I'm afraid I didn't come prepared for extensive plane - hopping today. With a little time to prepare, I can get some of us back home, to a destination more or less where we're trying to get to, but I don't think I can accommodate the lot of us. Perhaps Talbot could take the others? As long as there's one teleporter in both groups, we should be able to regroup, perhaps in the City of Gardens?

"If you'd like to rest and refresh yourselves, though, there's a small dining room just past the bedrooms. And please, Atareth, please do feel free to use the toilets."

Dot lifts her hands apologetically.

"At the very least, this place will be very difficult to find, protected as it is with magics to counter divinations, and would be a safe waystation."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth returns to her normal form and stretches her wings and smiles, "Thank you for your hospitality, Dot. I will stay here and keep Sword company."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

9. - Top - End - #489

Taleira Ulharvyth

Tali sighs, rubbing her forehead. "So, no way out unless we can plane shift. Lovely."

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    "You said yourself, My Mistress, we outsiders have our part to play, and our profit to reap. But the determination of the Worlds Beyond will ultimately be decided on the humble Prime, and that leadership, regardless of who, will be those of the world ... not you, not Taleira, not Atareth, and as your servant most assuredly not I. We are manipulators and agents of what is to be, not its architects.

"Nocticulans, not counting Lia who is no longer here (for now), are now all outsiders, or very nearly. And you already have such a staff, so that power exists within our 'camp.' Taleira has immense physical prowess to protect herself.
    "Umm, I know I'm not exactly ordinary people, but could I hear the reason why I just got grouped with the outsiders? I'd kinda like to know what about me gives that impression."
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

Ireth

With a nod and a quick dismount, Ireth leans in close to Sword and is about to give the horse a good rubbing after all the riding of the day when the Vrock forces the staff into her hands. After a moment, her mask breaks and shock remains on her face.

"I...But...I'm not..."

She falls silent for several long minutes while trying to comport herself, figuring out just what to say.

"Despite your mistake as to what I am, I am honored and hear you three times, Outsider. I will honor the One, and use this as wisely as I can.

With that, Ireth sits down and turns to Dot, "Now, I do not intend rudeness, but you mentioned this is an office did you not? I don't suppose you have any sort of a drink handy, because after having a demon tell me to handle the magical boom-stick, and almost helping some bastard use it to blow the elven glade, and possibly us to the Goddess, I really might want one while we recuperate."
    Thanks, Telasi for the spectacular OotSatar!

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Tallesin holds a hand up to his head to stop the spinning as he speaks, "Ugh... my head. Mistress Peridot, if it is no trouble, I would prefer to rest awhile in your abode... Time spells hit me like a cask of dwarven ale, only without the pleasant aftertaste."

Before going, however, Tallesin offers dazed thanks to the staff, "As for you, good Talbot, I say I'm impressed... Plans within plans those savages had... surprising, given their ghastly condition.... Still, I owe my life -and reputation- to your good judgment.... You have my thanks... Now, please, excuse me." With that, the mage carefully walks over to one of the spare rooms to regain his composure as the spell effects wear off.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be travelling for the next few days but hope to update whenever possible- boot Tallesin over to the next scenes as needed. I'm merely fortunate that in-game spell effects coincided nicely with PC personality and real-life needs, in this instance.
    Last edited by Ason; 2012-03-16 at 03:33 AM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

The little mage pointed Ireth towards one of the doors.

"There's a pantry and wine cabinet just past the dining room. Last door on your right. And, well, with this group, you may get used to that kind of day."

Spoiler
    Show
    Debbie, is Dot's arcane sight getting a reading off of the staff and helmet consistent with a Staff of the Magi and a Helm of Brilliance? I'm assuming the staff will have a strong aura of all schools, and the helm a strong, oscillating aura.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    Taleira Ulharvyth
    "Umm, I know I'm not exactly ordinary people, but could I hear the reason why I just got grouped with the outsiders? I'd kinda like to know what about me gives that impression."
    Lok-Too-Loo-Baz gazes on the mighty warrior-sorcerer with his large, yet beady, vulturine eyes that seem to see everything, that practically gaze into and through you as well as at you.

"Hmm. Perhaps, if you don't know," he muses, "since you want to know what about you gives that impression, I recommend some ... soul-searching. If I tell you, you'll take offense. If you discover, you'll create defense. Extremely important for a daughter of Nocticula, to understand herself, don't you think?"

He shrugs. "Regardless, the mechanism of what may be rumor/ supposition/ bluff/ knowledge is really secondary to the fact itself. I won't bother asking if you are or if you aren't. I know the answer already. I leave it to you and your sisters and brother to explain, process, figure out, or ignore entirely."

Lildorrinene doesn't press the issue, but then again, Lok's primary job is that of counselor to her. So either she is bored, she is ignoring him, or she has the advantage of whatever intel he has and leaves it to everyone else (Taleira included) to do with it what they will.

Dot
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't artifacts - such as a staff of the magi - have the notorious ability to be only minimally detectable? Or, is that only "major" artifacts
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-16 at 04:55 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Assuming someone tells her what it can do ...

"Ummm," Atareth gets folks attention, "I know this may be awkward, but, warrior of heaven ... loves the Fires of Passion and hates undead? If for no other reason than its stunning fashion and that glitter goes with everything, I'd like to put my hat into the ring for the helm. If I had a hat, that is, which is another reason the helm would be dandy."
    Current Games

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Talbot was able to identify the other items, and Dot has a spellcraft check of approximately WTF. Plus, if the game designers didn't want artifacts to show auras, why would they list specific auras with the items?

Dot renews the preparatory magic that she had used back in the temple, and nods cheerfully at Atareth's suggestion.

"I have no objections."

16. - Top - End - #496

Ding, ding...ring the necklaces again maybe an hour later.

"...Dot...Dot...!" Her urgent hesitancy shows through her telepathic "voice" clearer than it does in person. "Is everyone all right? Do you need help?"

"Where -are- you people? And more importantly, why?"

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot quickly respods to Melinda's call. Ah. The rubies did reach across the planes. She'd been wondering.

"Ah, my apologies for the delay. We were caught up in a trap of sorts, and saved by a baculus ex machina, you might say. We're all safe, and at my office. With any luck, we should be able to rejoin you within the hour. Where are you currently?"

18. - Top - End - #498

"Still at Varstok," responds Melinda. "Are you looking for a way back to the mortal world? I've been wanting to try out one of the promised functionalities of my new toy here."

"Let me try first, though..." And Melinda tries to use the clairvoyance function on the mirror with what she knows of Dot's office plane. If it works, she'll just open the mirrors' portal right then and there.
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-03-16 at 11:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #499

"...et voilà!" Melinda's voice suddenly appears out of a wall. Out she steps from it wearing an iridescent headband and the same ruby earrings she was wearing the day of the race. The greens and purples of her dress nicely contrast against her dark skin, and an aggressively cut top shows off plenty of cleavage.

It also shows off her ruby necklace, around whose golden chain there are now twined not one, but two thinner silver chains. Upon one hangs the symbol one might expect to find on Melinda's breast, Sabrina's silver heart and moonstone crescent. But upon the other unmistakeably hangs Tishtina's jade orchid blossom.

"Wonderful!" she exclaims as she steps straight into the demiplane's arrival hall and circles around Sword, petting him on the side as she goes. She looks around. "So everyone's here? Where are Tallesin and Ireth?" For some reason it was never the same, hearing news of safety from someone and seeing it for oneself. She shrugs, and motions towards the wall from which she emerged. "Come on out, everybody. I have to be last one out, and I have so much to tell. Sword, will you fit? No," she eyeballs. "We'll have to shrink you or something."

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melinda's true sight headband is active for one minute. Tell me if she sees anything she hasn't seen before.
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-03-16 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    This is technically not possible, with a permanent Private Sanctum on the place, but I'm happy to waive that in this case to allow us to move forward.

Dot makes a sweeping gesture of welcome.

"Welcome back, welcome back! Love the new outfit. Tallesin is resting, and Ireth is seeking refreshment in the dining hall."

Dot does her best to summarize recent events, although she gets a bit hazy on how they came to connect so closely with Cookie, and turns to Taleira for clarification.

21. - Top - End - #501

Lok-too-loo-baz looks down at Melinda, specifically at her necklace, and smiles (if that's possible with a vrock .... or at least nods). "As a philosopher, I am curious about the story behind the wear of these on you ... if you'll regale me with that story," he says motioning to the symbols. "I am sure that, while far from being as entertaining, I can return the favor with stories from near and far that might stir your thought and lead to a good ... conversation."

Simultaneously, to Melinda...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I cannot say I am surprised. In fact, I expected this sooner. You play the Sabrinite well, but you strike me as yearning for more than sex-as-currency. Your compassion hints at more of love than a Sabrinian might allow themself, though less about the selflessness than a Tishtinian might enjoy. Still, by adopting two symbols, you are the first of the Chosen to step out of old boundaries, and hopefully into being ready for change instead of clinging desperately to what you know and how you might use what you know to corrupt what might be.

My thoughts might well mean nothing to you. I am a demon and I serve a Nocticulan who understands the place of outsiders as just that .... "outside" the leadership that is needed. But, she - like many others - still tries to be open as to what will become with the One Goddess; but, like others - even moreso because an immortal view, regardless of ethos - is more fixed in the traditions of particularity and will have a hard time of it when she goes from the intellectual knowledge that change will occur to the actual realization of how we all must change with it.

I beg you not to consider this condescending, but I am filled with joy that one of you has taken this step, at least so openly. It doesn't even matter which two symbols they were. The fact is that this step is made. Once you and the others make the committment that the One is from Three, not two - whatever pride must be swallowed - then the Chosen will have the strength and unity to bring this about.

Please, if there is any interesting item you have - not a magic item because of power - but an item with an fascinating history (magical or mundane), I'd love to hear the legend, even if embellished. I, for my part, will attempt to read it for the truth. Not to prove you wrong, but to have fun seeing how what is known and what is true differs over time.

Lildorrinene also looks at the two symbols, and then at Melinda. "Yes, indeed. I am sure there is a fascinating story here that might well be shared withal. Sadly, my servant will be unable to join us if we seek more comfortable quarters, given his size."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-16 at 07:22 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth, happy to have someone give a little more oomph! to Tishtina says, "Hey, girl! Welcome back to us. Yeah, so what's the deal with the symbols? Not that I mind, mind you. After the soul-death of being in the man-camp, I could really use a song, huh?"
    Current Games

23. - Top - End - #503

"Oh, I bet. But at least those Rohdanites should have pretty good drinking songs, right? All the bawdiest drinking songs of the world emerge in homosocial company. You wouldn't have happened to steal a good listen at one for me, would you?" The bardess looks hopeful.

"As for the story behind these...ooh, I'm not sure I have a song about it yet. The matter's still too serious in my mind, too intellectual and delicate." She fingers both symbols, tracing their contours and edges familiarly. "Maybe in a month or so, when I'm really familiar with how I feel about it, and once I've found a way to laugh at myself about this, then I can sing a song about it."

"I suppose if Tallesin's still resting, there's no harm in my just entertaining you for now," she says as she begins her heart's tale of recent nights.

And it's a long one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Now, this was a long time in coming," the bardess admits. "I had started to recognize Tishtina ever since our quest took us to the City of Gardens. For me our journey was also a pilgrimage to the roots of Sabrina's faith in Tishtina. But even after such an uplifting experience, you don't just put on the symbol, after all. I mean, Kiang den-Sinh is a deity who represents a spirituality I recognize, but who probably doesn't recognize me at all."

"So after I contacted Kareth, I visited an elder priestess of Tishtina to plumb her memory for what she thought about 'the woman who isn't a woman' line, which she offered little opinion about other than to imply I was barking up the wrong tree." "But one thing turned into another, and before I knew it I was undergoing a crisis of faith and having a good long look into my own church's traditions, to see if I truly belonged within them anymore - if they were enough for me. I struggled with the notion that the separation between the faiths Temptress and the Lady Above was never as complete as I had assumed it to be, and that at the edges of both faiths where one diffused into the other, there was no room for growth.

"At one point, I even found myself asking in what way it was necessary for Sabrina to have Ascended, and to have assumed the realm of influence she holds. It pained me to ask such a question. But my conscience forced me forward, literally against every spiritual commitment I had made in my adult life, and it was there I started to find answers."

"Sabrina is the only deity to have Ascended after the Godswar. Sabrina's Ascension proved that the new gods and goddesses in fact held the power to promote a candidate to their own rank. Why Sabrina? Why not the champions of any other number of ideas which might also have needed a god? Now you can argue about fate in the past, but all of it ends up moot."

"I think there is a very strong theological and teleological reason why Sabrina as yet uniquely holds that place of being the one Elevated. Consider the very outlook She came to espouse and represent. Sure, the way to a man's pocketbook is through his lust. The way to one's own advancement lies in the passions of others. That's a fact. But a more fundamental truth underlies that fact. We are who we are through other people. It is Sabrina's commandment that we practice Her holy profession, and our praxis makes this truth clear to us, painfully at times. We offer up the most intimate aspects of ourselves to be traded for that most impersonal of mediums of exchange, money. And that forces us to find what personhood we have all the more purely through other people - friends, family, clients, fellowship.

"So if one champion had to be Elevated eventually, to establish beyond doubt the right of the Gods to rule as gods, then it would be only fitting that the one they chose to Elevate should have personified the idea that even gods are who they are through other people. And that is exactly what my Lady Temptress does, as do those of her Fellowship to this day.

"In carrying that spirit forward, I hope to prove it's possible to be Sabrinite and Tishtinite both, to uphold both faiths and reunify them through common tradition. Not only are we who we are through other people; we are also free, and we own ourselves. We shape ourselves in our own self-image, and in doing so we shape everyone connected to us, everyone whom we love and who loves us." The bardess runs her fingers through her hair, obviously whelmed by her outpouring of emotions. "You know, before I would have said that every woman should take responsibility for the men she makes. Now, there's even more to do." She manages a laugh. "You can tell I haven't thought this through very carefully."

24. - Top - End - #504

Taleira Ulharvyth

On Melinda's arrival, Taleira turns her attention from contemplating the feasibility of strangling a particularly obtuse vrock with his own neck to greeting her friend. "Hi, Melinda." She listens intently while the bard relates recent events, chewing her lip thoughtfully as she does.

Once Melinda's finished with her story, plus any followup conversation, Tali responds to Dot's question. "The whole deal with Cookie, at least the part you weren't there for, isn't nearly as interesting. After you left, Tallesin and I stayed around for a bit and coaxed his story about being an elven spy out of him. The way he told it, the elves had planted him there to see if Starwyn was dead so they could attack. That sounded reasonable and our precautions didn't give us anything suspicious, so we told him who the two of us really were. Told him we were using you as an in to look into exactly what we were looking into, to see if he could tell us anything." She shrugs. "He didn't give us anything useful there that we wouldn't have already. I thought he was a little quick to trust us, but I couldn't point to anything definitive, so Tallesin and I agreed to take him back to elfland on our way out. No trap then, so I relaxed and figured I'd just had a bad hunch this time. Then Lildorrinene decrees we travel only as a group, Tallesin tells him about all of you, you show up, the fury of nine hells breaks loose, and here we are."
    Snickett avatar by me.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Orc in the Playground

Ireth

With a pair of wine bottles in her hands, the nymph comes walking back with a smile on her face, remarking "You know, while that is what happened, technically, you may wish to spice it up a bit before making a song out of it. Too much truth makes the story boring, too many exaggerations make it insincere, but if we can get it right, that could be quite the epic. It really does have all the right parts; a noble quest, a battle, a betrayal, everything."
    She does a bit more hunting in the room, coming back to the table with glasses. Ireth opens a bottle and gives it a cursory sniff before taking a quick swallow. With a quizzical look, she asks "My, that is a delightful vintage. I can't quite identify the berries, but it it is nice. Now, I hope I missed nothing important while I was getting refreshments?"
    Thanks, Telasi for the spectacular OotSatar!

Currently playing:
    In Debbie D's awesome "The Three Goddesses" game -Ireth, the shyest nymph you'll ever meet, bardic servant of the goddess of love.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot waves a hand casually in response to Ireth's question.

"Oh, nothing much. Melinda was just articulating a new way of looking at our gods that recasts the teleological foundations of faith. And you know what that means, right? I'm going to need a glass of that."

She heads over to snag some of the wine.

"Ah yes, the Chantrose '07. Rumour had it that they add flowers directly to the must, but the owner insists that the effect is purely from environmental factors. I think that his employment of a satyr as his head vintner changes it somehow. I did some work for them a few years back. Ended up taking cases in payment. Take more, if you like it."

She turns back to smile at Melinda and the others, and hands glasses out to any who want them.

"To new paradigms?"

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

*ping* The unmistakable lilting elven voice of Zanthia comes in through your necklaces, cutting across the planes that separate you.
    Im sorry cut in on your discussion ladies...and gentleman, of course...but could you all come to my private sitting room in the temple, we have a visitor. You all certainly can make an impression wherever you go

When you arrive in the room that Zanthia invited you to, you are treated to an almost ludicrous sight, only the seriousness of the two people involved keeps you from laughing. Zanthia, who isnt even 5 feet tall, is staring down a human male, who towers at over 7 feet tall. Finally, realizing that epic magic will almost always win out over epic fighting, the man backs down, and takes a seat. Seconds later, you all are struck with the realization, this is not some random warrior, its Starwyn Korivar, the uber warrior whose nose you just tweaked. Hes looking you all over, and you dont need a sense motive to tell hes not happy with you.

28. - Top - End - #508

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira looks at the big man, then smirks. "Starwyn! It's been, what, twenty minutes since we last saw each other? How are you? What brings you here?" The fighter's tone is ever so slightly mocking at first, but she shifts to serious for the last sentence.
    Snickett avatar by me.

29. - Top - End - #509

LILDORRINENE

Lildorrinene nods at Zanthia in deference. She then looks at Starwyn and tilts her head slightly. "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is not fooled for a second in thinking that he is fooled for a second. That's why it's dry humor, not a bad attempt to bluff.
    "You know, Mr. Korivar, I am very impressed, though I doubt you care what I think. It's not often that a Rohdanite appears who is canny enough in more than just warmagery that he has dimension lock at his disposal ... and likely the other magics to go with it, and beyond. I've no doubt you have no hand-to-hand equal, but having that little ace up your sleeve is good form. Bravo, sir."

She relaxes from humaniform Lil to succubus Lildorrinene. "Take it from me, the stunt with the helm and staff? Brilliant, even from Abyssal standards. I don't want you to feel that just because the plan didn't work that I admire its temerity any less."

EDIT: Ninja'd!
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-20 at 09:56 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Prior to their return, Dot & co transform into new humanoid forms, sticking with the usual genders presented but changing appearances otherwise. Since the group had, what, lied to a few priests and looked at some documents, while the Rohdanites had cheated in a contest of the gods and tried a mass assassination of their rivals' champions, she was fairly comfortable that they retained the moral high ground in this situation. Still the moral high ground was only useful if you weren't buried under it.

As the group returns and faces off against the stony-faced Rohdanite, Dot is happy to let the others do the talking. She guides Clyde around to stand next to Zanthia.

Spoiler
    Show
    Until he proves to be something other than a violent oaf, Dot and co will be on high alert. At the first sign of aggressive behaviour from Starwyn, Dot will cast Maze on Starwyn. She also instructs Clyde to teleport himself, Dot and Zanthia to the far side of the room, while Zippy preps to use Implosion (Fort DC 23), in the event that Maze somehow fails.