New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Elinon accepts the two gifts and then places them to side to address Melinda's ideas.
    Striking at Kotep is always of interest to us, and I might take your information to launch a few attacks on some of Kotep's strongholds. If the deity is reeling, then his mortal fortifications become more vulnerable.
    But as for other co-operative ventures, Im not sure what you mean. Our faith tends to use magic in a very focused and specific way, while the other two goddesses are more pure users of magic. We dont have all that many connections with them in that sort of way.
    I can help you contact the high priest of Ailena, his name is Clylious Folisar. A good man, if a bit eccentric, although thats to be expected from a person so connected with fire.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

"If I may, Elinon," says Atareth to a woman she really respects and is just up her ally, for Atareth is far more martial protector than 'priestess' for Tishtina, "a warrior sometimes needs a sage; the explorer needs the help of divinity. We may not have cooperative ventures now, and our time here may not be involved with the prophecy, but I would like to put forth that Lysindra, and the equally more civilized goddesses of magic, can all profit in our ways together. If you have a nail, and we have a hammer, or vice-versa, let us not be mercenary artisans - our faiths."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh we have hammers alright, and we intend to use them quickly. Its not often that Kotep is lapse, and we would never miss the chance to further diminish him.
    And as for the Unification, I know its something Lysindra would welcome, and even help. Im just not sure how we can help, exactly. Do you have any ideas?

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Well, Cassiopeia's Prophecy is vague at best, and it's our quest to unravel it. Your sages are certainly welcome to take a fresh eye to it and tell me what they find," says Melinda with a tone of self-deprecation. "That's actually one of the reasons I can't see us participating personally in joint operations over the near term. It would frankly be too great of a temptation for us to set down the strands of prophecy completely." "Athough that gives me an idea. Maybe I should call upon some of the champions who have left this Fellowship already to join you in your enterprises. I know some of them left because they felt a lack of zeal in the pursuit of prophecy. Now that a god has sworn to strangle our faith in the cradle, they might be willing to take up the banner in a more straightforward way."

"But now that you make me think about it, Elinon..." The bardess crosses her legs. "I came hoping you might have some suggestions for our mission to Ailena. But what comes to my mind now is something entirely different." She grits her teeth, obviously suppressing an urge to look back at her comrades. "It has to do with outsiders in the faith. At the beginning of our association, I think most of the Tishtinites and Sabrinites were to a large degree appalled at the extent to which outsiders were active in we thought of as matters of temporal faith and spirituality. Over time this changed. It came to the point where, when I took the mantle of Nocticula, I took it upon myself also to champion the culture which I had come to live, and through which I had also come to love.

"Here's my situation now, Elinon. These eyes haven't seen forty summers. I'm willing to venture that I myself might convince my fellow faithful that this course is worth the faith charting. But I frankly don't trust myself to deal with the melding of a society of outsiders, some who are born of the purity of one of the Three in existence, who might carry with them the weight of personal connections ten times older than I've been alive. I'm not one to avoid problems that won't get better on their own, so I still sent someone to open that front of the dialogue. Problem is, as of right now, I wouldn't be able to mediate that dialogue if (and I should really say, 'when') it came back to slap me in the face.

"I need an advisor who can help me deal with this impending issue. Could Lysindra lend me the support of a voice, one who can share with me Her unique perspective upon the Three? who could act as a more uniformly interested advisor to those seeking new paths in the Triune than any who hail from the Three Faiths could be trusted to be? who might effectively help mediate between factions if it became necessary?"
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-09-24 at 06:33 PM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

Elinon laughs, just a bit.
    A Lysindran as a negotiator? Among outsiders? That would be a first. I would love to help you, but Lysindrans are not known as negotiators and mediators. We're too direct for that sort of thing. And despite Lysindra's origins, or perhaps because she turned her back on them, we have very few outsiders involved in our religion.

She looks at the prophecy page for a moment, seeming to ponder on things.

So tell me some stories. You had a head to head with Kotep, that I know, what other conflicts with deities have you had? I cant imagine that only Kotep has made trouble for you.

She continues to look at the scroll as she listens to you.

One soul to die and one to live. The prophet stayed dead? Then did one of you suffer the loss of a loved one, a loss that where you never found the body?

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot had been memorizing floor patterns for ease of future teleportation, paying only intermittent attention to the verbal fencing with the Lysindran. But then Elinon's last words cause her head to snap up. Her eyes whorl through orange, purple, red and then black.

"Yes. That fits."

Slowly, methodically, she cycled through infernal, ignan and terran in her mental self-flagellation. The precision of devil-speak was invaluable when swearing, but there was a certain free-form fluidity in ignan that was actually quite relaxing. Until she realized that ignan was the language that she and Harlan had used when making love. Dot grimaced.

"I am an unconscionably stupid, stupid woman. Cassie even said that the H was connected to me. I may know who the disappeared but perhaps not dead person might be. Although I'm still at a bit of a loss about the song connection."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Snapping out of her reverie, Dot offers a hesitant smile to Elinon.

"But that's something I can explore later. Might you be able to write a quick letter of support for our action? Something that we could show to Clylious Folisar, should we head there next?

"Also, might I ask how well you know the leader of the temple of Silescia here. Carlita I believe her name is? She seems to have taken an interest in us as well, and any insights you can provide into her, well, style would be invaluable."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

I would be glad to support your mission, and I can send you off with a letter. Clylious owes me one or two favours, I think I can at least make him listen to your proposal.
    As for Carlita, well, the Silescians have a stern way of looking at things. Everything is white or black, right or wrong, 0 or 1. By taken an interest in you, is that a good sort of interest or bad sort of interest? If she's taken a bad interest in you, then you will have a hard time convincing her to modify her opinion. She wont kill you out of hand, at least inside the city, but I can well imagine that her view of your tri-faith is not a good one.
    And Im not sure I can help you much there. Carlita doesnt like me much either, she has a grudging respect for my skills, but theres no love lost there. I imagine she, and her goddess, think that nothing good can come from a former marilith; and they would view Tishtina as a slut, Sabrina as a whore, and Nocticula as a demon.

9. - Top - End - #1179

Taleira Ulharvyth

"The bad kind: one of her little assassins took some shots at us on the way in. It was pretty rude, actually; normally the crazies at least walk up and shout 'Yield, fiend, that ye may repent!' or something before they attack. At least these ones aren't making us out to be something we aren't." The latter commentary is added under Tali's breath.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Colossus in the Playground

Drisae pipes up, "Well, then, if business here is done. Assassin's allegiance named. Elinon writes a letter of recommendation. Next person to chat to ... if you're staying in town and you want fare simpler than what Elinon might offer you as a form of 'protection' against Silescian reprisal - just guessing Elinon, spitballing really - seek me in the Little Orc Tavern.

"Otherwise, good luck, and I'll be cheering for you from here in Kethiria. Goddess bless ... gods know Nocticula blesses me. But, lustful men to be extorted and violent misogynists to be mortally exported.

"Just a phrase, Elinon, of course. Not that I'd ever have anything to do with blackmail or vigilantism in town, especially with my battle record."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-09-27 at 05:16 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth looks at the drow with anger, then to each member of the party - being sure to look away because she'd just as soon smash her with her hammer - as she broadcasts: "We made terrific headway with Elinon. We have a great lead to work with, and we should contact this Ailenian as soon as Elinon can help us.

"But what the hell's with this Drisae, the dizzy-drow priestess-of-the-One that Dalcar was training? Did Dalcar simply kick her through to raise Melinda and give her a free ride home? I thought she was sent as a Noc-rep, but now that I think about it that was only assumption. I don't think she said anything about staying. Great. We had healing power - beyond what little I and Melinda could provide - for all of 20 minutes. She might be a neg-channeler and had to load up with more specific spells, but it would've been better than nothing.

"And from the look of things, she has no intention of going with us."

Atareth will parse through replies, but expects that Dot and Melinda won't need to tepe. She turns to Drisae. "So, that's it, then? One of the most powerful priestesses - scratch that - one of the most powerful mortal entities on Daystor takes time out to tutor you one-on-one, but at the end of the end of it you take it as a post-doctorate level course before returning to your self-appointed job as .... whatever the hell you do here?

"You can cast true resurrection - which nobody in the Sisterhood's roster has ever been reputed to be able to do - but you are happy doing nothing more than twiddling daggers?!

"Wow. Wasted power; wanton ambition. If that's all you have in you for heart, for conviction? I don't care what power you wield. We are on a quest which will shake up all of Daystor, a glorious adventure. I doubt we need whatever brand of fatalism, or cynicism, or whatever other -ism you may have that would hold us back. Enjoy the tavern you keep mentioning."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-09-28 at 02:18 AM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by PSinger View Post
    Atareth looks at the drow with anger, then to each member of the party - being sure to look away because she'd just as soon smash her with her hammer - as she broadcasts: "We made terrific headway with Elinon. We have a great lead to work with, and we should contact this Ailenian as soon as Elinon can help us.

"But what the hell's with this Drisae, the dizzy-drow priestess-of-the-One that Dalcar was training? Did Dalcar simply kick her through to raise Melinda and give her a free ride home? I thought she was sent as a Noc-rep, but now that I think about it that was only assumption. I don't think she said anything about staying. Great. We had healing power - beyond what little I and Melinda could provide - for all of 20 minutes. She might be a neg-channeler and had to load up with more specific spells, but it would've been better than nothing.

"And from the look of things, she has no intention of going with us."
    Seeing Atareth's head of steam building yet again, Dot sends back to the group present through the rubies.

"Atareth, I'm glad to see that you're broadening your perspective on what constitutes an appropriate companion for this expedition. I certainly have no objection to inviting Drisae to our roster on an ongoing basis. But since the whole point of this little expedition is to create a unified front, I'd suggest that we not show that by arguing with each other in front of Elinon."

She nods her appreciation to Elinon.

"Thank you, both for your candour and your assistance, Elinon. Perhaps, in the manner of all new associations, we will see unexpected fruit borne of our closer ties. I sense in my colleagues an eagerness to move on to our next challenge, so perhaps we should adjourn to another room to await that letter from you."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm attempting to insert this in between Atareth's mental conversation and her voiced statement to Drisae, with the presumption that the rest of whatever that conversation turns out to be happens in private.

Also, Knowledge Royalty and or Religion checks to know where to find Clylious Folisar: (1d20+37)[48] (1d20+37)[44].

13. - Top - End - #1183

(OOC: The only way I've found to effectively manage a conversation in PbP is to pursue multiple threads simultaneously with quotes, then retroactively agree on transitions.)

Quote Originally Posted by Elinon
    So tell me some stories. You had a head to head with Kotep, that I know, what other conflicts with deities have you had? I cant imagine that only Kotep has made trouble for you.
    "No, he's not the only one..." Melinda lets slip in her annoyance. "Silescia's clergy have decided to pursue their old feud with Sabrina. I think it's dumb. They must be sore over our having won all ten Cups without them." [Cue the conversation about Carlita.]

Quote Originally Posted by Elinon
    "And I'm not sure I can help you much there. Carlita doesn't like me much either; she has a grudging respect for my skills, but theres no love lost there. I imagine she, and her goddess, think that nothing good can come from a former marilith; and they would view Tishtina as a slut, Sabrina as a whore, and Nocticula as a demon."
    "Really? Suddenly I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems dealing with self-righteous victory nuts. They do make it hard, don't they?" Melinda makes herself comfortable. "Always thinking in boxes. What quasi-formian behavior." Melinda tries to deflect Elinon from the Silescian matter with other stories like she wanted to hear, about their interactions with other Lawful religions, like their close call with the dwarven pantheon, and her little conversation with Kareth of Varinn.

Notably, she doesn't volunteer a discussion of the Starwyn affair.

It's probably during this time that Drisae gets impatient, and Dot begins to beat our retreat.

"Thank you, both for your candour and your assistance, Elinon. Perhaps, in the manner of all new associations, we will see unexpected fruit borne of our closer ties. I sense in my colleagues an eagerness to move on to our next challenge, so perhaps we should adjourn to another room to await that letter from you."
    Melinda adds in accord, "I don't know if you realize how much you've already helped us. Thank you again. I think it would be best if we were to adjourn for now - my companions seem to have things to attend to, and just from our current discussion, I now have some people to contact as well. When we come back for your letter, maybe I'll also be asking you or one of your lieutenants to place a few of our mujahideen in your operations."

The group ends up back out in the antechamber, or some sort of dressing room adjoining it, where Melinda's instinct is to begin disguising herself before walking out into the city. In an unusual half-made-up state, she asks with concern, "Dot? Are you all right?" She remembered how Elinon's words jolted her friend's memory, and asked gingerly, "...Who is H? ...do you need to be alone, or would some coffee help?"

I assume Atareth's lines occur here too.
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-09-28 at 11:14 AM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

(and in the spirit of ret-con, before you leave)

Elinon gestures for a moment, and a fine sheet of vellum appears floating in the air beside her, along with a quill pen. As she speaks, the pen inscribes her words on to the sheet in flowing style, which you would assume to be Elinons personal handwriting style.

My dear Clylious
    I am hoping this letter finds you in good health, with your fires still burning bright.

(she winks at you all, always a good way to make nice with Ailenians)
    I am writing this letter to express my personal and Lysindra’s support for the long prophesied union between the faiths of Tishtina, Sabrina and Nocticula, as represented by the company that delivers this letter to you. It may interest you to know that already in the furtherance of this quest, they have struck a powerful blow against our mutual enemy Kotep, one that is sure to brighten all the realms of magic.
    I know that the religion of Ailena has never taken a stand in this matter, considering it to be none of their business, but the time for such neutrality has passed. It is one thing to not take a position about a centuries old prophecy that is merely gathering dust in some cathedral, and one that is unfolding right before our very eyes. I call on the centuries of mutual co-operation between our faiths and our own personal co-operation to hear these people out, and to petition your goddess for her support in this endeavour. The fact that they stand united before you speaks to the certainty of the prophecy coming to pass, as does their success in the Cups of the Gods tournament. Would it not be better to be one of the ones in forefront of support for this world changing event, rather than playing catch up?
    Your friend, as always

Elinon Darasis-Domar

She takes off her signet ring, and with another gesture, a small bowl of wax appears as well. She presses the ring into the wax, and then imprints it on the paper, handing to Melinda when she is done.

That should get you in the door at least with him. If you want, you might also want to visit the high temple of Glendira, and call on the high priestess of her faith, Tishtina Bindar II and gain a similar letter from her. It might carry weight as well, given that Glendira and Ailena are sisters.

(and at that point, you retreat to the antechamber)

@Dot
    Spoiler
    Show
    The high temple of Ailena is located in Paramibo, a city in its own right, but one smaller than the mightier cities of Daystor. Youve visited there, once or twice

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll assume that this gets placed after the relocation, after Atareth's words to Drisae, and before Drisae's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    "Dot? Are you all right?" She remembered how Elinon's words jolted her friend's memory, and asked gingerly, "...Who is H? ...do you need to be alone, or would some coffee help?"
    Dot holds up a hand declining coffee.

"Thank you, but I'm really not in the mood for relaxation at the moment. Once we've got the letter, I can take us to Paramibo, where we've got the best chance of finding Folisar.

As for H. I had a lover, a priest of Sabrina named Harlan. He disappeared about six months ago, under circumstances that might have indicated an abduction or a betrayal on his part. Regardless, I spent several weeks doing some dedicated searching, both physical and magical, and I can be tremendously thorough when motivated. I was plenty motivated. When I couldn't turn up the slightest sign of him or, well, the things that disappeared at the same time that he did, I became frightened for my own safety. The creche that we visited three days ago was an investment following that experience. My current companions were recruited as guards at that time.

"If Harlan is part of this, if the prophesy is talking about him, then there's a chance that my divinations will now have a chance to find him. I haven't tried since before the trial of the cups, and enough time has passed that a great deal could have happened. If he's alive and not responsible for his disappearance, well."

Her irises whirled, turning a bright yellow for a moment.

"Then someone has a great deal to answer for."

She turns to offer Drisae an abbreviated form of the conversation.

"Part of the prophesy may refer to a lover named Harlan. After we finish with Melinda's mission to the three temples, I'd like to take some additional time to look for him again. You've already said that divinations aren't your focus, but if you'd like to remain with us to help out with anything that follows, I'd welcome your company."

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Thank you, but I'm really not in the mood for relaxation at the moment. Once we've got the letter, I can take us to Paramibo, where we've got the best chance of finding Folisar.
    Just to clarify, you do have the letter now, she wrote it as you were finishing off your conversations.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Drisae shakes her head and holds up both hands palm towards you, "Noooo thank you. F*** a bunch of that s***! I mean, I appreciate the offer for a girl's ultimately-doomed-quest-out, but I think I'll be--"

Drisae stops speaking immediately when the head of a staff appears well past her shoulder by someone standing behind her. It is the three-spiral staff of ash, oak, and cherry wood somehow swirled together and then separated into their parts at top, all encompassing and holding in a stone of power.

It is Talbot, wielded by Lildorrinene who has Talbot resting on Drisae's shoulder. The drow swallows, knowing that staff, "Oh, s***..."

Lil slowly pulls Talbot back along Drisae's shoulder so that the blooming portions of Talbot catch the drow on the chin and jaw and she slowly turns her around so that Drisae now faces Lildorrinene. She wants to turn away, but Lil simply lifts Talbot under her chin so that Drisae is barely on her tiptoes.

A breathless pause. No roll needed. Lildorrinene's Intimidate, especially with the raptor mask, steamrolls the drow. (A slow, sure intimidation, not a wrathful, shouty one.)

"It has come to my attention," says the succubus, lingering and on the cusp of playful and dangerous, "that there are those amongst Nocticula's ranks who claim that I was doomed to fail as an Emissary alone on the grounds that I am not a priestess.

"I must agree."

Still holding Talbot to keep Drisae on her toes, Lildorrinene takes out a wand of ash, inlaid with silver runes. "Hold out your hand .... Hold out your hand. Good. Take the wand. Very good.

"I had you vetted when you were with her, as you were one of the top-fishwives spouting gossip about me. Imagine how fun it would be if your older sister, now ruler of powerful House Dremtor, were to find out that you live on the surface and have clerical power that could prove a threat should you desire a triumphant return? How long do you think you'd last, hmmm? There would be no plain, no outcropping, no farflung plane where you could hide from her. Only the thought that you are likely dead and beyond thought keeps you safe. You have such great power, and I'm sure that is why your cowardice manifests with such tiny ambition ... to hide. Well, with these allies at your side, no force from the Underdark dare come out just for a grudge match so I assure you that you'll be fine.

"I agree that as a negative channeler it is simply too much focus on your spells to prepare nothing but healing spells. This is a wand of maximized cure critical wounds. I was given this by Dalcar[?] for the purpose of this mission, and now I give it to you for the same.

"Congratulations! Nocticula now really does have a powerful priestess as an Emissary on this quest instead of ... oh, there are so many delicious monikers you gave me, such as 'plumed up, mind-numbed, spangle-fingered, succu-slut.'

"Dalcar sends her congratulations and compliments on your promotion to represent us in this glorious quest. Now, I have a job to go do .... and so do you."

She turns to the rest and nods appropriately. "Ladies."

*BAMF* ... and she is gone.

Drisae is subconsciously still standing on her tiptoes for several seconds before she finally comes down from releve to breathe out long and heavily, still faced away from the party. There are still faint little nervous twitches at legs and arms ... noticed only by the best eyes with an outstanding ability to see the terror lingering in every fibre of her muscle. She swallows hard.

The scene can only be broken by another. She has no turnaround. No witty comeback. No springy, resilient bounce.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-09-28 at 08:07 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1188

"Tishtina II Bindar? Is she Zanthia's sister or her daughter?" Melinda realized she might owe her a visit on the basis of her familial connection alone.

Melinda affords Drisae the dignity of suppressing her chuckle completely, but her face still shows a hefty portion of schadenfreude at the day's jolly Lil-trademarked amusement. "Aha," the bardess remarks at last, giving an impressed nod. "Well, her reach is certainly long, isn't it? Now there's a trick I need to learn." With measured steps she advances to the nervous drow's side, and puts a soft hand on Drisae's other shoulder.

"So, Drisae..." she asks slowly. "Are you coming with us to Paramibo, or wherever Glendira's temple is? Or do you need an afternoon to yourself, to think it over, or say some farewells?"

"And do you have one of these?" She taps her necklace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Through her necklace she sends a low-priority telepathic message, gift-wrapped in the cloyingly sugar-sweetest of sincere affections.
    Thank you so very much, Dalcar, for taking such wonderful care of my Fellowship. I really appreciate everything you did for me today, and I hope it makes up just a teensy bit for my ingratefulness for all the other favors that I doubtlessly owe you.

I'm sorry for being such a fool.

19. - Top - End - #1189

"No choice, really," Drisae shrugs off Melinda's 'obviously condescending' touch. "Let's get this s*** done. If I say goodbye, people know it. If I don't, those that might cut my girls up will fear what they don't know."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1190

Taleira Ulharvyth
    While the others are busy with their personal matters, Taleira takes a few moments to pay her respects to Lysindra as goddess of her art. Taking a knee to one side, Tali offers a quiet prayer over Dancer, then looks to Elinon. "For someone who lives by this," she indicates the blade, "I really don't know that much about your faith. Is there a customary offering given for victories?" Once that's tended to, she flourishes a salute with the sword and catches up with everyone else.

Anyone listening to Tali pray:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am Taleira Ulharvyth, daughter of Ashke, who serves the Three-as-One. Lysindra, goddess of warrior magic, I offer you praise for victories won by your art. My comrades and I came recently against the servants of Kotep Arasin, who stands against the prophecy we follow. Of his lesser minions, I slew three devils and two mortals before we came into his own inner sanctum. The guardian of that place was a demoness named Ka'Rishta, a marilith once of Malcanthet's bodyguard. We fought her, and I stood against her steel to steel and spell to spell. In the end, she fell by my hand, slain with the blade I now bring before you. But for the skills taught me by Mirain of Tor Inhath, your servant, I would have fallen in that battle. By your art I live, and by your servant's hand I am free; for this victory and those blessings, I give you the glory that is your due."
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

21. - Top - End - #1191

"I feel ya," admits Melinda. "I've had to leave behind my share of neighborhood enterprises too, Drisae. But if they've had your example to follow, then I'm sure they'll be fine."

The bardess steps back. "Anyhow, the reason why I asked if you needed time was that we'll probably have an afternoon to spend here anyway, because Carlita needs to get a message." She does appear a slight bit abashed about herself, but persists. "Look, I know I've been alternatively decisive about this, but the more I think about it, the more it seems to me I have to confront her. Leaving for Paramibo now just doesn't feel right. I need you to tell me if my feelings are just getting the better of me, but we need to do what's right for the Church. I think this is our last chance to avoid escalation.

"If we walk out of Kethiria without addressing this, then we've basically agreed to their framing of this issue, which is that this whole matter is one of my church versus hers. And my affiliations are a liability. Even if better-planned retribution comes later, it'll just be a confirmation of Sabrina's already poor relationship with Silescia, except the Silescians can ostensibly extend ther feud over my head to all the Three faiths, not just Sabrina's. We can't afford that. We can't afford to paint a bullseye on every member of the Sixty. And I don't want to create a reason for division between the Three.

"Feuds are always divisive. There are always people who think it's not worth it. Let this feud divide them, not us." The bardess partially undoes her hair, exposing the sheer amount of architecture that goes into every Sabrinite's coiffure to ensure it comes undone in every stage as flatteringly as possible. She begins to bind it tighter. "We have to make Carlita look like a fanatic for pursuing this, and let the rest of those Silescian dogs think twice about whether or not it's worth it to let themselves be ordered around and sacrificed like pawns by fanatics."

"If she wants to turn this into a big cause-versus-cause contest, then we should respond by keeping it small and personal," Melinda says. "I was in a very self-justifying frame of mind earlier when I said I wouldn't go. I'll swallow my pride and play my part if the occassion calls. Ideally I'd confront her alone, but somehow I doubt I'd win - " Melinda annoyedly admits. That had to change, she reflected. Zanthia might be pontiff of a goddess of brothels and debaucherie, but she had to be capable of staring down Starwyn Koravar all the same.

" - so second best would be just the Sabrinites among us." She looks to Taleira and Dot. "Are you two with me?"

[I don't -think- anyone's going to turn her down...]

"Good. Thank you." Hugs all around. She deeply embraces her fellow Sabrinites, now appointed seconds. For an instant her eyes betrayed a profound sadness, and then they close.

When they open again, Melinda's lips are a flat line. Behind them, her tongue traced a quick silent prayer to Sabrina, Lysindra, and Klintina. "All right, we'll all go together. Atareth, let Sword carry Korash's body. It's the best way of protecting him from assassins. They won't disrespect their dead fellow by shooting him. You get us in the front door."

"Once we get in there, though, we'll pick our fight, and Atareth, Drisae - make sure they don't cheat. Atareth, you're in charge of all the bystanders who dare to show their face. Drisae, you're in charge of all the ones who don't. Does this sound like a plan?"
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-10-01 at 05:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1192

Hugs all around.
    No. She doesn't just take the hug and bristle. She doesn't take the hug ... at all. At all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're a stranger, and she's even more likely to be physically, violently defensive against someone invading her personal space (you) than some stranger tossing a punch (Taleira).

We will not descend, obviously, into pvp that is not allowed ... but nor will you get that hug. Otherwise, unless you have Improved Grapple, same thing ... she pulls out daggers ... not necessarily to attack, but more to warn much in the way of an animal. If she stops quickly, there we are. Then it's a standoff and Drisae backs off so we don't get into pvp.

If Melinda gets right back to business, great.

If Melinda attempts any smooth-things-over/make-Drisae-feel welcome ... even any excoriating remarks or anything that isn't Melinda focusing back on the group again,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drisae will cut her off and say, "I'm not your sister. I'm not your friend. I'm your complete and total stranger. This is religious business until it isn't; and for me right now, it's just business. So on with it. Until they are One, I'm a Nocticulan, not a lovey-dovey, peace-and-kisses Tishtinian."

"Drisae - make sure they don't cheat. ... Drisae, you're in charge of all the ones who don't. Does this sound like a plan?"
    "I think I got it."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-01 at 02:46 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot shrugs her acceptance of Melinda's plan. She'd already made it clear that she was opposed, and adding more arguments was only going to slow them down. She gestures for Clyde to bring her closer to Melinda.

"As you wish. At the very least, let me help you prepare for the conversation. Carlita has already established that being a defender of all that is good and noble isn't going to stop her from making preemptive assassination attempts. Stay close to Clyde and me. We can be ready to get you out of there in a heartbeat."

Spoiler
    Show
    TTW seems to be still down for me. Anyone else having more luck?

Dot will prep Melinda by casting Mind Blank on her, followed by an extended Haste on the group, refreshed as needed. Zippy starts cycling through uses of Cloak of Chaos every few minutes, so that everyone in the group is under its protection.

24. - Top - End - #1194

Taleira Ulharvyth

"You have to ask? I'd stand with you just because we're friends, never mind the rest." Tali accepts her hug and adds a peck on Melinda's cheek in return.
    Snickett avatar by me.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

After the group hugs are done, the party heads off to the temple of Silescia. Guided by Drisae, its not hard to find it, its not the center of the city like the temple of Lysindra, but its not far off.

Much like the temple of Lysindra, the temple of Silescia is rather plain, decorated in blacks and reds. However, unlike the temple of Lysindra which radiates a power that draws people in, the temple of Silescia is dour, and almost menacing. Its not an evil sort of menace, just an aura of danger.

As the group approaches, they see guards on the steps of the temple. They were at attention even before the group got in range, and as they get closer, they begin to move into formation, and loosen their weapons in their scabbards. One steps forward to address them.

Well, well, if it isnt the scions of sluttery. What business do you think you have here, trollops?
    One of the guards, looking at Atarath, remarks deva of debauchery.
    Another guard, eyeing Taleira, offers up princess of promisicuity
    The last guard checks in with handmaidens of harlots

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing lostsole is at a loss to not have said something. After however the heck long he's been here and hated MythWeavers, he is heading back. TTW has been down for a week, and on Friday all of their pages only showed less than the top part that was wiped anyway. He knows (some)what the DM has suffered there, but disruption over a whole bunch of games he ran and played in has been catastrophic.

Rus saved what files that he could that were not yet wiped as some type of file. He's been rebuilding a single game, and is only playing one game because it's too much trouble. On the other hand, it's more Pathfinder than not, so he does like the newer setup. But more than things he does outside gaming, even if TTW wasn't totally FUBAR rather than just the sheets, it's just too exhausting for him to upload/ download all the time.

Toliudar is with us in a game that looks like it died ... and very likely because Rus' character killed it. His epic-level caster got wiped and he was devastated because it took so much time for too many things. He was able to save mine, but still ...

"Son," says Atareth condescendingly but with authority. "I am thrice your age or more, untouched and pure (probably moreso than your own mother), and easily that much more the warrior than yourself. If you want, put aside your [identifying 'uniform' ... whatever is the equivalent of the B.S. movie sense of taking off something to act without formally representing what the main uniform is supposed to], step out in this courtyard with me, and I'll Deva-D**kslap you up to Mercuria."

She steps backward into the street or whatever is outside the temple and clangs hammer against shield. "You worship victory, right? But you gotta' work for it if you want some for yourself."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-10-01 at 07:13 PM.
    Current Games

27. - Top - End - #1197

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira takes that ill-considered insult, smiles, and runs the other way with it. "Still makes me royalty. Oh, and believe me, you don't want to start a holier-than-thou fight with her," she tilts her head at Atareth. "You'll lose, and it'll be really sad because she's not kidding about being a several-centuries-old virgin. Now shut up and stand aside for the princess."
    Snickett avatar by me.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PSinger View Post
    "Son," says Atareth condescendingly but with authority. "I am thrice your age or more, untouched and pure (probably moreso than your own mother), and easily that much more the warrior than yourself. If you want, put aside your [identifying 'uniform' ... whatever is the equivalent of the B.S. movie sense of taking off something to act without formally representing what the main uniform is supposed to], step out in this courtyard with me, and I'll Deva-D**kslap you up to Mercuria."

She steps backward into the street or whatever is outside the temple and clangs hammer against shield. "You worship victory, right? But you gotta' work for it if you want some for yourself."
    The guard snorts at you, non-plussed. What a brave harlot you are. A magical outsider, challenging a simple guard. What, are there no children for you to beat up on?

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira takes that ill-considered insult, smiles, and runs the other way with it. "Still makes me royalty. Oh, and believe me, you don't want to start a holier-than-thou fight with her," she tilts her head at Atareth. "You'll lose, and it'll be really sad because she's not kidding about being a several-centuries-old virgin. Now shut up and stand aside for the princess."
    The guard does not appear to give way, deferring to the leaders orders.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot confers mentally with Tasha, who is still in the form of the fallen assassin Korash. Tasha steps forward and calls over to the guards.

"These people are here to speak with Carlita. Unless you think you know her mind and opinions better than Carlita does herself, your job is to inform her that she has high-ranking visitors, not to trade insults on the street like some insolent child. Or do you wish to insult me as well?"

Spoiler
    Show
    And...we seem to have TTW back.

Tasha diplomacy check: (1d20+26)[27]

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

The guard simply laughs at "Tasha". Its amazing at how you can be lying dead on a horse looking at Sword

All right, we'll all go together. Atareth, let Sword carry Korash's body."
    and yet be still standing to speak with us. A most impressive display.

At this point, the leader speaks up again.

Fine, this is getting us nowhere. Aaron, go inside and see if Carlita has time for these miscreants. You sluts wait there, if she'll see you, she'll see you. Oh by the way, you might as well start by divesting yourself of your weapons. Youre not taking them inside. Dont worry, they wont be stolen, we wont even put our hands on them. No knowing what diseases they carry or where theyve been