New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Seraciel

Seraciel seems to have snapped out of it for the most part. She looks over to Drisae, muttering some Common slang she picked up from Furude. "Kore wa baka desu ka?"

She seems to be having a hard time keeping a straight face.

Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    Next you're going to tell me she can't speak Elven or Gnoll. Celestial is too impressive and important not to be the first language anyone learns.

Regardless, that sounds like a great idea, Coquika.

She gives a small cough.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-27 at 08:55 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna raises an eyebrow, then glances again at Drisae. A small twitch develops at te side of her mouth as she replies, "Soudesune..."

She lets out a breath and turns to the rest of the group with a small smile. "Celestial is such a wonderful language, but we are all together in this, no? It would be best to have everyone understand."

She then pauses, and nods her agreement. "Yes, I believe it would be better if we were to continue our discussion at Coquika-san's place."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-27 at 10:07 AM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot nods perfunctorily.

"Indeed. If we're going to start swearing at each other again, perhaps it would be better to do it in private. Coquika, if you can accommodate a dozen people and a horse, I believe that we would be delighted to be your guests."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Furude Setsuna

Setsuna raises an eyebrow, then glances again at Drisae. A small twitch develops at te side of her mouth as she replies, "Soudesune..."
    Sera giggles in appreciation.

She turns to Dot. "Coquika's sanctuary should easily accommodate all of us. It's quite large."
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot smiles faintly.

"Well, if one is to have a sanctuary, it might as well be a comfortable one. A woman after my own heart, Coquika. Is this in walking distance, or should we travel by less conventional means?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Thus reproached, Coquika slumps a little and frames her reply in the same careful Common she had spoken in originally.
    "It can suit. It is very close; I have a place in the Dormitory for Advanced Studies. If you like to follow, I will lead you there."
    She waits for any final business by Tishtina II to be resolved.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Selena decides it's time to call back her familiar Oscar, the blue gold Macaw.
    Oscar is usually chilling at the outskirts of Glendira temple, since he finds the current life of Selena much more boring than back the old days when he entertained all the folks at the Golden Rose with his absurd tales and exotic ascent.

"He says he has some important Macaw business to attend and cannot devote full atention to me. Quite the pompous way to tell me he's up to eat some seeds, mud and also fornicate some Macaw chicks."

As soon as she hears the typical *CAW* *CAW* she yells.

"C'mon, Oscar! Vacation time is over."

The colourful bird arrives and land just near Selena. Unlike most familiar birds, Oscar enjoys walking by Selena's side, instead of sitting in her arm or shoulder. He glances at everyone. All of them beautiful woman, a sight that Oscar learned to enjoy.

"Caramba! You're really taking serious this business of recruiting the finest women to the Golden Rose, ma'am!"

"Cut that, macaw. We all are in an important task in the name of our goddess. This is no time to flatter."

"Whatever you say, sweetheart. Whatever you say..."
    Says Oscar, mildly disappointed that they won't join the fine women at his beloved brothel.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Seraciel grimaces. She hates that bird. Probably more than anything in her life. She also doesn't like being called a prostitute.

"You had better watch your tongue, you misogynistic homosexual goose, or we'll be having foie gras for dinner."

She doesn't even seem to be concerned with being politically corrupt when insulting the blasted thing.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-27 at 12:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329

Furude Setsuna

Watching the bird out of the corner of her eye, Setsuna's eye begins to twitch. It was that bird again. A few seconds later, she turns to him and smiles innocently. Perhaps a little too innocently.

"Hmm... I wonder what macaw fois gras tastes like. Kana, kana..."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

She nods her approval. "Probably a little gamy. I don't know how well Selena feeds the ******, but I've seen that pig swipe food from the kitchen."

Political corruptness holds no bounds!

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

As the group mentions the ruby necklaces, Tishtina reaches into one of her pouches, and hands each of the new members one, they take a moment or two to attune themselves to their new wearers. And its just in time as well, as a new voice speaks up.

HEY, dont forget prize winning race horse here, fastest ever running of the Belmont, and biggest winning margin in all of Daystor history.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

She accepts the necklace glumly. When you know every language known, vocalizing your multilingual double ententes to talk over people's heads becomes sort of a hobby.

"Hmm... what's this about a horse race?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge: Local about the horse race?
    (1d20+10)[11]

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Melinda was happy to let the conversation go through its own paces of disintegration for the sake of rapport-building. During that time she does end up giving Drisae a few commiserating shrugs.

Drisae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seraciel's joining into the Celestial conversation elicits a carefully hidden smirk from Melinda, and her mental sigh comes through the telepathic link. ...uyy. Celestial snobbishness. They don't talk to anyone, or meet anyone, and when three of them show up in a room, suddenly they expect everyone else to speak it. I learned Abyssal because you actually meet Nocticulan outsiders once in a while. Now this.

Melinda takes advantages of Setsuna's request to return the room's dialogue emphatically to some form of Common, "I think it's best if we continue our introductions elsewhere. Some of us seem eager to retire.

Dot. You spent the most time with Cassiopeia. Would you lead a briefing on the prophecy and its verses in Coquika's quarters?
    " She gives no particular instrucitons to anyone else. "I have a few more questions for Her Holiness, so I'll be along shortly," she promises.

"Your Holiness, let me thank you once more for having gathered these four people," she expresses, once the people who have left have left completely. "I feel you've done this quest an immense favor, and it's one I hope to be able to repay sometime. I can tell they're already deeply involved with each other. I think they'll integrate very well."

"We were talking about Clylious Foulisar before the introductions started," she returns to topic. "I'm certainly happy to hear he's a negotiating type. If he's the kind of man who likes sealing deals, then we will be able to work out something when we have so much to offer. Something I am concerned about is that one high priest does not make for an entire church. Even if we can persuade Foulisar to make a declaration in our favor, he'll be politically exposed to do it alone. The more ambivalent members of Ailena's church will doubtlessly seek to extract concessions out of him for it.

This is something I eventually expect to discuss with him and his college of advisors in private, of course. Is there anyone in Foulisar's close circle that you would think of as a key potential ally we must cultivate, or inversely someone who would be ill-predisposed to think well of us?
    "
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"You can hold onto Larry for a while. I'm sure you won't mind, it seems he likes you."
    She winks, and then address the rodent in Infernal.

Infernal
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You had better behave yourself, okay? I don't want people thinking my familiar is as poorly behaved as that ****, Oscar. Maybe if you want to stick around her so much, you can work some of your masculine charm."

Larry fidgets a little, as he is prone to do. He nibbles harmlessly on Melinda's finger. She gives another wink and a wave, before heading off towards Coquika's place, gesturing for the others to follow.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    "We were talking about Clylious Foulisar before the introductions started," she returns to topic. "I'm certainly happy to hear he's a negotiating type. If he's the kind of man who likes sealing deals, then we will be able to work out something when we have so much to offer. Something I am concerned about is that one high priest does not make for an entire church. Even if we can persuade Foulisar to make a declaration in our favor, he'll be politically exposed to do it alone. The more ambivalent members of Ailena's church will doubtlessly seek to extract concessions out of him for it.

This is something I eventually expect to discuss with him and his college of advisors in private, of course. Is there anyone in Foulisar's close circle that you would think of as a key potential ally we must cultivate, or inversely someone who would be ill-predisposed to think well of us?
    "
    When a high priest or priestess makes that sort of pronouncement, everyone knows they are speaking with the voice of the Goddess. As you grow in your responsibilities, you will learn more of this, I am sure. So if and when he publicly declares for you, the rest of the faith will fall into line, no matter what their personal feelings are. Either that, or find a new faith that is more in line with their personal prejudices.
    Now, Im not saying it will be easy to cultivate his alliance. The churchs of Tishtina, Sabrina and Nocticula over the past have had very few dealings with the church of Ailena. It was easy for you to secure alliances with Glendira and Lysindra because of the long history between our goddesses. Ailena will not be so easy. You can expect to pay some sort of price. Hopefully, their church is aware of the prophecy and their status in it, and have already had some sorts of conversations about what it might take to secure their support. Support for the attack on Kotep will be forthcoming immediately on hearing that we are involved in it. They cant allow an air elemental to do what they think a fire elemental can do better. Support for the prophecy itself? Thats different.
    And if I know the Ailenians, you probably wont be dealing with any sort of inner circle. They will have already had those debates, if you are lucky, and they will speak to you with one voice, that of Clylious. He will know what their high and low price is...and that makes it so much easier.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Seraciel

She accepts the necklace glumly. When you know every language known, vocalizing your multilingual double ententes to talk over people's heads becomes sort of a hobby.

"Hmm... what's this about a horse race?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge: Local about the horse race?
    [roll0]
    (despite the lousy roll, you do know this) The Belmont Stakes is the most prestigious horse race in Daystor. Several weeks ago, following the verse of the prophecy, the group entered Sword, who had just been revealed as a paladin warhorse. Despite being a loser beforehand "the Sword that has not been broken", he turned into a winner.

Sword Race

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

"C'mon, you're being too harsh with Oscar. He is complimenting you the only way he know. That is, he's used with courtesans."

She says that while putting the necklace around her neck.

"Oi! Am I gonna receive this amulet or what?"

"Oh, you're not, Oscar. It's not that you're really important anyway..."

"*CAW*! You're too cruel, Nena. If you want, you can hang out with those cruel girls that want to see me cooked."

Shifting her attention to the issue of allying with Ailena, Selena says:

"I agree with Melinda. We can't afford to rely on a alliance with a single man if we want to ally with an entire temple, no matter how high ranked such man is.
    In all honesty, among you, powerful magicians and warriors, I think the only area of expertise I really excell is diplomacy. I would apreciate all the information you have about this temple, though."
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dudu View Post

"*CAW*! You're too cruel, Nena. If you want, you can hang out with those cruel girls that want to see me cooked."

"Oh, come on! That was a compliment. Besides, you overfed feather brain, we don't want you, just your alcohol soaked liver, you repugnant and gluttonous drunk!"

"I agree with Melinda. We can't afford to rely on a alliance with a single man if we want to ally with an entire temple, no matter how high ranked such man is.
    In all honesty, among you, powerful magicians and warriors, I think the only area of expertise I really excell is diplomacy. I would apreciate all the information you have about this temple, though."
    Sera stops, and addresses the macaw's much more repsectful master.

"Your spellcrafting should be effective enough, from what I've seen of it. At the very least, I can back it up with some of my if you are having difficulty achieving the desire effect."
    She say, smiling reassuringly.

19. - Top - End - #1339

Furude Setsuna

A curious expression comes onto her face as she accepts the ruby necklace. She looks over it, mesmerized by the magical auras surrounding it. Tossing back her hair, she fastens it onto her neck.

"Ahh... it's a nice necklace... I wonder what it-" She pauses and a look of realization appears. "Oh. Oh! That's what it does! A limited telepathic bond. Certainly took me long enough to find that out... ufufu..."

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff
    "Oh, come on! That was a compliment. Besides, you overfed feather brain, we don't want you, just your alcohol soaked liver, you repugnant and gluttonous drunk!"
    "Wait, all we need is his liver? Wouldn't it be more painful to-" She stops, glances around at the various looks thrown her way. She gives an embarrassed chuckle, throwing out a rapid "Nipah!", and then turns to follow Sera to go to Coquika's sanctum.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Furude Setsuna

"Ahh... it's a nice necklace... I wonder what it-" She pauses and a look of realization appears. "Oh. Oh! That's what it does! A limited telepathic bond. Certainly took me long enough to find that out... ufufu..."
    Seraciel gives a few coughs, and says something in Celestial.

Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't like these things, they really makes the wonders of multilingual communication easy to forget."

"Wait, all we need is his liver? Wouldn't it be more painful to-"
    She then leans closer to her friend, whispering Celestial. She really likes whispering. She doesn't always care who hears who, it's the intimacy of the act and intrigue of the behavior that entices her.

Celestial

Spoiler
    Show
    "If we really put our minds to it, we could find a way to get his liver without killing him. Why? Because you can't make good foie gras without some politically uncorrupted behaviors."

21. - Top - End - #1341

Quote Originally Posted by Tishtina II Bindar
    When a high priest or priestess makes that sort of pronouncement, everyone knows they are speaking with the voice of the Goddess. As you grow in your responsibilities, you will learn more of this, I am sure. So if and when he publicly declares for you, the rest of the faith will fall into line, no matter what their personal feelings are. Either that, or find a new faith that is more in line with their personal prejudices.
    "I...see." The mental journey of a thousand miles began with a single metaphorical footstep. And that was the first step on what Melinda hoped would be a long road towards a real high priestesshood. Infallibility of a pontiff was not a matter of doctrine, or politics. It was a sole question of whether or not the personal communion between deity and purported high priest existed. All of the other priests could play their political games. The certainty of a pronouncement ex cathedra was more akin to the play table itself. Playing that card ended play.

Could the Melinda of but two seasons before even fathom going against a pronouncement from Zanthia? The answer was no, absolutely not. That was, in fact, the sole reason why she had forsaken an evangelical mission to represent her faith at the Cups, as outlandishly unthinkable as it seemed to her at the time. Even now it was difficult for Melinda to find it in the fiber of her being to be someone different from what Zanthia, or Katarina, wanted or needed her to be.

What did that mean for the deposed Starwyn? Had they replaced him with someone who hated them even more?

Melinda, deep in thought, is instinctively trying to groom a squirming Larry. It doesn't take long for the slippery animal to escape her unwelcome fingers and start reblliously climbing its way up her arms. "So if we're serious about developing a new partnership, which we are," she posits, trying several unsuccessful ways of keep the poor rat still, "then it's best for us if the Ailenians know what place they have inside Cassiopeia's prophecy. Just where are you going, little friend...?"

The bardess eventually manages to get a good palm underneath Larry's back claws. "Even if like all prophecies, it sounds unmotivated, and crazy, and gives them a bargaining position from which to drive up their asking price. The worst thing that might happen for us, when we need dynamism, is that Clylious isn't prepared for us and we have to somehow move against his church divided before we can negotiate with his church unified."
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

22. - Top - End - #1342

"Well, I suppose that's heartening," Melinda adds after a moment's reflection. "I don't think we've really had that debate yet. It's probably best if we devote some time to it."

"As long as we're still on the subject of high priestesshood. What does it mean when a deity uses more than one high priest? Does it merely signify exceptional trust in more than one person to speak with their voice? or does it necessarily signify something inherent to the nature of such a deity? What can sustain such a situation?"

"Obviously, Cassandra, Dalcar, Zanthia, ..." Melinda leaves out mentioning Katarina explicitly, but the rhetorical pause there accompanied by indicative handwaving is quite sufficient to telegraph she knows of the shadow priestess's existence. "...None of them plan on losing out in this Unification process. When I made my first appearance, I'd somehow succeeded in making all three of them ambivalent at once. Or something. There will be a winnowing, one of these years. I want to know how big I can expect the final field to be."

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

At Coquika's
    Spoiler
    Show

Coquika is happy to lead the way through the byways and halls that lead to the Dormitory for Advanced Study.
    Upon arrival, the Dormitory proves to be a series of blank, honey-colored stone walls marked periodically with artistically-painted numbers. It was assumed that anyone qualified to pursue advanced study was capable of making their own lodgings to suit their needs. Stopping before number thirty, she motions them forward, and steps into a shimmering portal of light...

which opens into a dark pavilion in which stone columns and benches brood beneath an eternal, starry night sky. Although warm, the starlight glitters with a pale light on the sandstone floors and the actual pit of sand in the center of the clearing, where a silvery statue of Tishtina Bindar gleams. Fountains gurgle into basins around the perimeter, and in deference to guests there are tables laid by with simple, nourishing fare.

Here, Coquika is truly at her ease. She smiles up at the night sky, the blue light dying her skin jet black and she spins around to face them on one heel, her manner exuberant, her energy infectious. She speaks once more in Celestial-
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome, guests, welcome one and all! I-

Then she stops and looks briefly embarrassed, covering her mouth with her fingers. In common, she continues
    "I, ah, welcome you to my home. please, make yourselves at home as well. There is food and drink, so if you will be seated, we may talk."
    People who have spent a lot of time in the Amazon City of Gardens will know
    Spoiler
    Show

That this must be a recreation of a courtyard, one of many within the city of gardens.

Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2012-10-28 at 09:37 AM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

24. - Top - End - #1344

Seraciel
    Seraciel gives a few coughs, and says something in Celestial.

Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't like these things, they really makes the wonders of multilingual communication easy to forget."
    Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Haa... They do. But they would be useful for the situations we might find ourselves in."

She then leans closer to her friend, whispering Celestial. She really likes whispering. She doesn't always care who hears who, it's the intimacy of the act and intrigue of the behavior that entices her.

Celestial

Spoiler
    Show
    "If we really put our minds to it, we could find a way to get his liver without killing him. Why? Because you can't make good foie gras without some politically uncorrupted behaviors."
    Setsuna blinks at Sera, uncomprehending for a moment. Sera often didn't make any sense. But Sera was Sera, and Setsuna just tended to roll with it anyway. She chuckles and whispers back.

Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Uu... that would be interesting... maybe I could shadowcraft a replacement liver..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    At Coquika's
    Spoiler
    Show

Coquika is happy to lead the way through the byways and halls that lead to the Dormitory for Advanced Study.
    Upon arrival, the Dormitory proves to be a series of blank, honey-colored stone walls marked periodically with artistically-painted numbers. It was assumed that anyone qualified to pursue advanced study was capable of making their own lodgings to suit their needs. Stopping before number thirty, she motions them forward, and steps into a shimmering portal of light...

which opens into a dark pavilion in which stone columns and benches brood beneath an eternal, starry night sky. Although warm, the starlight glitters with a pale light on the sandstone floors and the actual pit of sand in the center of the clearing, where a silvery statue of Tishtina Bindar gleams. Fountains gurgle into basins around the perimeter, and in deference to guests there are tables laid by with simple, nourishing fare.

Here, Coquika is truly at her ease. She smiles up at the night sky, the blue light dying her skin jet black and she spins around to face them on one heel, her manner exuberant, her energy infectious. She speaks once more in Celestial-
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome, guests, welcome one and all! I-

Then she stops and looks briefly embarrassed, covering her mouth with her fingers. In common, she continues
    "I, ah, welcome you to my home. please, make yourselves at home as well. There is food and drink, so if you will be seated, we may talk."
    People who have spent a lot of time in the Amazon City of Gardens will know
    Spoiler
    Show

That this must be a recreation of a courtyard, one of many within the city of gardens.

With a smile, Setsuna wanders over to the tables and picks up two slices of bread. Handing one to Sera, she sits down on one of the park benches and begins nibbling on the bread while waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-28 at 10:49 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Uu... that would be interesting... maybe I could shadowcraft a replacement liver..."

With a smile, Setsuna wanders over to the tables and picks up two slices of bread. Handing one to Sera, she sits down on one of the park benches and begins nibbling on the bread while waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.
    Sera takes the bench with her companion, and thanks her for the bread. She continues her malicious machinations. She really hates that bird.

Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    "He doesn't have to live through the entire ordeal, just long enough for us to compliment the quality of his organ."

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

"So if we're serious about developing a new partnership, which we are," she posits, trying several unsuccessful ways of keep the poor rat still, "then it's best for us if the Ailenians know what place they have inside Cassiopeia's prophecy. Just where are you going, little friend...?"

The bardess eventually manages to get a good palm underneath Larry's back claws. "Even if like all prophecies, it sounds unmotivated, and crazy, and gives them a bargaining position from which to drive up their asking price. The worst thing that might happen for us, when we need dynamism, is that Clylious isn't prepared for us and we have to somehow move against his church divided before we can negotiate with his church unified."
    I think you're overestimating the profit seeking nature of the Ailenians. Now if you were going into a negotiation with Alatians or even Sabrinians it would be different. With Alatia, for instance, you'd need an army of lawyers prepared to make a contract 5000 pages long, but Ailena isnt like that. Come up with some fascinating new fire toy or spell, and they'll be happy.

"As long as we're still on the subject of high priestesshood. What does it mean when a deity uses more than one high priest? Does it merely signify exceptional trust in more than one person to speak with their voice? or does it necessarily signify something inherent to the nature of such a deity? What can sustain such a situation?"

"Obviously, Cassandra, Dalcar, Zanthia, ..." Melinda leaves out mentioning Katarina explicitly, but the rhetorical pause there accompanied by indicative handwaving is quite sufficient to telegraph she knows of the shadow priestess's existence.
    One goddess. One high priest. Or priestess. The title of high priestess has a specific meaning in the Daystor pantheon and conveys certain specific rights OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    The high priestess is the ONLY one who can attain level 20 or beyond in cleric
    Only my mother violates that rule, but then, thats just her...and her shadowy second cult. If you survive to the point of fulfillment of the prophecy, you will be the high priestess of the new Triune goddess, and none of the other 4 will challenge you that. What will become of their status? I dont know, this sort of thing is totally unprecidented. Will the original 3 still exist in some sort of way, allowing them to have priestesses, or will they be completely subsumed together and they have to defer to you in terms of the hierarchy?
    If the latter were to happen, I would imagine there wouldnt be a heavy field opposing you. Casandra would probably be more than content to be just the Queen of the Amazons and Zanthia as the madam of the Golden Rose and probably be in charge of the finances of your nascent faith. Dalcar? She might be an issue, but her history and life is so intertwined with that of Nocticula that she might not want to be the face of the new goddess as she would be too much identified with the old.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-10-28 at 01:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1347

Sera takes the bench with her companion, and thanks her for the bread. She continues her malicious machinations. She really hates that bird.

Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    "He doesn't have to live through the entire ordeal, just long enough for us to compliment the quality of his organ."
    Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay senpai. I could also shadowcraft a surgeon to take it out. Nipah~!"

With another bite of the bread, Setsuna snaps her fingers, floating translucent images appear in front of her. They show several wireframe images of the surgical extraction of a liver from a bird.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, no, Coquika," says Atareth when offered food. "I need no food, but Sword does. And he needs attention after being used as little more than a corpse-litter for the assassin."

Atareth will remove herself from the table, and let Sword feed at the courtyard, and drink from the fountain. Afterwards, Atareth will give Sword a rubdown. Still, there is a sense that she has no problem hearing any part of conversation from where she is.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Sword has little problem finding the juiciest apples on the tree, and if he cant quite reach one, he makes his feelings known to Atareth.

You need to take a page out of Lia's book, she usually had sugar cubes for me

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

(Assuming she can hear the green voice.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Wait... that's the horse talking? I did not see that coming."

She waves away Furude's diagram, and finishes her toast.

"No no no... I am getting really hungry talking about this, Fu-kun. The bird probably wouldn't make a good meal anyway. Do you think Coquika keeps any good foie gras around here?"

She looks around, and coughs. Each of the newcomers to the temple get looked over rather thoroughly, and a quizzical expression grows on her face.

"Actually, can anyone fill us in as to what our plans are? I haven't heard much about what you were up to before now, and I want to know what we'll be doing next."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-28 at 06:45 PM.