New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Fairy Tail In the Playground IC [FTiTP]

Spider nods his head throughout the explaination. Despite the clown this guy acted like he really knew his stuff. He hears his role and nods once again to show he understands. "Just one question. what if they try something to knock the train off the tracks? Well that is if it's possible. It's probably nothing just that i like to be prepared for all possible situations." He is being serious, in his experience people will try some of the stupidest sh*t imaginable when they get desperate.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

"I've got a job and I was wondering if you wanted to come along. It seems simple enough. Some town wants help with a bog demon."
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Skye shakes his head. "They won't risk damaging the goods. Especially since they probably have no clue what kind of cargo the train is carrying. For all they know, the train could be carrying something explosive and there goes their entire prize."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Okay then gotcha. Don't worry chief I won't let ya down." As he says this his eyes dart all over. A twitch of the left arm, probably his dominant arm ready to move at a moments notice of the enemy. Eyes darting all over the place, eyes as sharp as a hawks. Well being on the streets at least taught him something, never let your guard down. Now if only he could not be so obvious about it. To Skye at least this is pretty obvious, but to most they would be nigh unnoticeable.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

It's a while into the ride, the train passing through multiple plains and eventually into rocky crags. Even before they were visible, Skye grinned in anticipation. "They're here." Right on cue, some sort of jury-rigged variation of a Magic Four Wheel, modified to run without a mage at the wheel but much more unstable because of it. Still, it managed to ramp up onto the tracks and follow quickly behind the train, catching up to it almost as soon as it appeared. "I'd say 6 or 7. At least 2 will start transferring cargo while the others will try securing the rest of the train. You've got the inside. I've got the outside. It's showtime.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spider nods as he says under his breath, "Sneaking Spider." He then disappears from sight and if it weren't for the fact that Skye had just seen him disappear he wouldn't even know he was there. Spider headed back inside the train keeping his footsteps light as he waited for the bandits to start filing in.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Skye lay on his back on the top of the car. To the casual observer, he'd appear to be just lounging and relaxing, and while partially that was true, this way the bandits wouldn't be able to see him before they tried scaling the roof. Sure enough, four men climbed the fifth car armed with... bows? You've got to be kidding me. Man, they must really need the budget. Still prone, Skye let loose a couple of lightning bolts which snaked across the roofs of the cars, and blasted three of the bandits off the train, purposefully missing the fourth. "You're welcome!" Skye shouted as he stood up. "I just quadrupled your share for you. That is, if you can beat me, which you won't."

Meanwhile, two bigger thugs carefully crept into the fifth car through the rear entrance, scanning the area, wary of guards and possible ambushes. Each was armed with a large blade in one hand and some sort of metal sphere in the other.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Fairy Tail In the Playground IC [FTiTP]

[Outside Fairy Tail Hall]

Nimbus goes to a great length to consider Gabriel's reply, even creating a beard of clouds to stroke while deep in thoughts. Despite wearing a scarf that covers that part of the mage's face.

"Bog demon? That sounds much dangerous indeed, they have been wise to seek our help"

Dismissing the beard, the cloudy mage nods and concludes, with a much more cheerful tone;

"Sounds like an adventure, you have me aboard!"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sayd takes a step back as the bizarre demon rises from the pentagram and takes its first step forward. He warily readies himself for battle; the demon's odd form would most likely mean that it possessed unusual abilities. Worse, Sayd cannot read any hostile intent from it, or any intent at all, perhaps owing to its inhuman anatomy. He waits for a few seconds, hoping to allow it to make the first move, but it makes no immediate motion to attack him. Altering tactics, Sayd reaches back and charges a mass of shadows around his hand, before hurling a small bolt of shadows at the monster.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spider stills his breathing as the thugs enter the 5th compartment. He found out quickly that breathing to loudly could give you away when you didn't want to be caught. As the two thugs went past him he slips out cards, two in each hand he then throws them and if the thugs don't notice them they will slice through their kneecaps severely. He figured that using explosive cards on the inside the train would be a very bad idea.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The bandit, stood shocked at the display, his allies gone. Nevertheless, he nervously drew his bow and arrow and took aim. "Before you do anything completely stupid, you should know," Skye took to the air, somehow floating relative to the truck, "just how out of your league you actually are."
    Verbally silent, the bandit shot an arrow in Skye's direction, the flying mage effortlessly dodging it, or so he thought. The arrow whipped around in midair back towards Skye. "What the?" Skye narrowly dodged it a second time before it knicked him in the arm. Even though it was a glancing blow, the impact caused the arrowhead to explode in a shockwave of magic, and suddenly Skye felt himself hurtling uncontrollably through the air. "That arrow packed Wave Magic that can cancel out other magics. I didn't even know they made arrows with Wave Magic. How the hell did you get something like that?" Before hitting the ground, Skye was clear of the Wave Magic's radius and his flight reactivated just in time. He rocketed along the tracks to catch up. The bandit wasn't as stupid as he seemed, however, and had already turned around to pick off Skye before the mage could catch up.

"Oh no you don't!" While flying, Skye let off a small barrage of lightning bolts. But all the bandit had to do was fire one arrow, watch it explode on contact with the magical lightning bolts, and then the Wave Magic would cancel out the rest of the lightning bolts. "Clever bastard, I'll show you!" Skye let off a burst of magic for one final launch into the air to reach the train car and the bandit left off another arrow. This time, Skye caught it by the shaft before it could explode or track his movements. Before the bandit could retrieve another arrow, Skye landed right in front of him inside his guard. "My turn," Skye whispered as he snapped the bandit's bow in two with a single electrified chop, picked up the bandit by the scruff of his shirt, and threw him off the train. "HEY, YOU FORGOT YOUR ARROW!" Skye yelled out as he threw the arrow at the falling bandit, the arrowhead exploding into both a safe distance away.

Meanwhile, inside the car, one thug fell to his knees as one of them was sliced open. The other got lucky, suddenly turning at the right time so that the card only gave him a deep gash in the leg. The still standing one wasted no time, throwing the spherical object on the ground as it exploded in a shockwave of Wave Magic, canceling out any other magic that came near them.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spider's cloaking falls as a shocked look is on his face. He didn't know what just happened as he had no clue what Wave Magic was. So he pulled out a card and tried to throw it at the man with slicing magic...only to watch in shock as the card floated to the ground as a normal card should. Not knowing what else to do he grabs his hat and presses a pressure point on it and blades pop out, looking a lot like the blades on a fuma shuriken. He then throws the hat at the still standing bandit.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The hat cuts deep into the bandit's shoulder, stunning him as the other manages to hobble to his feet and take a stab at Spider. Despite his crude blade and the general demeanor of "big, dumb, thug," the bandit knew how to use the blade fairly well, only handicapped by his busted knee.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

That was all the handicap Spider needed. He nimbly stepped to the side of the stab and grabbed the guys arm. He then initiates a Ro-Shan-Bo as he kicks the man between the fork of his legs. Being a street kid meant that he didn't know a fancy fighting styles. However he didn't have a problem with fighting dirty. It was a neccessary skill to learn.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-16 at 03:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The thug took the hit, but surprisingly stood his ground, adrenaline blocking the pain. His sword arm locked in place, the thug pushes himself forward at Spider, bull-rushing forward as he simultaneously threw a punch at Spider's gut with his free hand and tried to headbutt him. The other thug tossed the hat to the side, sword-arm ready for an opening to strike at Spider. Whoever paid for this muscle got their money's worth.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The 1-2-3 combo catches Spider off guard and he is sent rolling back flipping to his feet before commencing a triple back flip. As he does he feels the tingling feeling of his magic coming back to him. He then thinks to himself, 'So that's it. They have some kind of magic canceling field set up. Okay so I know the general area of the effect...' With that Spider throws a card forward and closes his eyes. The card is only a few feet from him when it detonates creating an extremely powerful flash of light, the first part of his Spider Bite spell. After the flash is over he runs forward, his eyes now open, as he attempts to clothsline both of the thugs.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The flash catches both of the thugs off-guard. They had thought they were safe from magic for the time being. Before they can regain their sight, Spider's clothesline knocks both of them to the floor. One thug struggles to get back up to continue the fight, now disarmed of his blade which slid across the room. The other tried to get to his feet as well, but his busted knee was a huge hindrance in that process.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spider picked up the sword that had fallen from it's owner. He didn't know how to use swords well but he did know that it was heavy. Quickly running over to the thug who didn't have the busted out knee and immidiately tried to slam the pommel of the blade into the base of his neck. If he was knocked out he moved on to the next and tried to get him as well.

(The reason Spider is trying to knock them out is that I'm a little fuzzy on Fairy Tails rules about killing.)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The pommel slams into the back of the thug's neck, knocking him out cold. The other thug is just now getting to his feet, still somehow armed with his blade, when Skye flips through the window and kicks him into the opposite wall. Whether or not the storm mage meant to do that was a mystery, as Skye didn't seem to care. "How're you doin' down here?" He had a nick with a lot of bruising on one arm, but otherwise looked fine.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I'm good so far. That anti magic field thing, really took me by surprise, but I had a few surprises of my own. I better go check that our little rumble didn't bust up the cargo. Oh yeah thanks for the save, fighting them without my magic half the time was getting a bit tedious." With that and a small bow he heads through the other compartments checking the cargo as he goes.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

"Awesome! Thanks Nimbus I'm glad to have you at my back

Not too long after.

"Okay so we might be a little bit lost." Gabriel conceded slightly embarrassed having lived in Magnolia for several years.

"I know we'll ask directions!" He says spotting Emilia a little ways aways.

"Excuse me miss? I was wondering if you might direct me to the station? We seem to have gotten a bit turned around."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Skye

Some of the casings were cracked from the shockwaves, but otherwise the cargo seemed untouched. Skye's hand crackled a bit as he flexed his magic, making sure the antimagic field was good and dissipated now. While they were definitely regular bandits in their tactics, they were far better equipped. The weapons imbued with Wave Magic could probably sell for more on the black magic than whatever they'd make off this train. While he wasn't being paid to investigate, Skye couldn't help but feel there was something he was missing...

"GET DOWN!" Skye suddenly yelled as he ducked and something large and metal shot over his head, imbedding itself in the wall. Stomping into the fifth car was a large, clunky suit of armor, or was it an automoton of some sort? It was too difficult to tell where there was a person inside it or not, but it slowly but surely reeled itself into the car, the giant chain it had shot out retracting and pulling him in the car.

Emilia MacCrowley

The day was not going well for Emilia. Her nerves were frazzled as she hurriedly walked away from where the man had tried to kidnap her, the thugs had tried blasting her, and the random voice had come out of nowhere. If the owner of said voice was following, she couldn't tell as she was never able to pinpoint the source. York was actually flying above some distance in his passive form to try and spot anything suspicious

When someone suddenly stopped her for directions, she nearly screamed rape. Thankfully, she was able to compose herself to a mere flinch. "The station? Sure, I was just headed there myself," she said after catching her breath. In hindsight, she probably should have wondered if the person who stopped her for directions wasn't also some sort of assailant, but for now she was just glad to meet someone who at least seemed normal.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

"How convenient. Well then you would not mind if my partner and I accompanied you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Fairy Tail In the Playground IC [FTiTP]

Emilia, Gabriel and Nimbus

Nimbus bows dramatically before joining in on the conversation.

"We would be very thankful if you would allow us so"

The hooded mage politely says.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Sayd takes a step back as the bizarre demon rises from the pentagram and takes its first step forward. He warily readies himself for battle; the demon's odd form would most likely mean that it possessed unusual abilities. Worse, Sayd cannot read any hostile intent from it, or any intent at all, perhaps owing to its inhuman anatomy. He waits for a few seconds, hoping to allow it to make the first move, but it makes no immediate motion to attack him. Altering tactics, Sayd reaches back and charges a mass of shadows around his hand, before hurling a small bolt of shadows at the monster.
    The sudden movement alerts the creature, causing its head to swing to Sayd's direction. It has no eyes, but the dragonslayer could swear it's looking at him now. It's not quick enough to dodge the bolt wholly, though, and it clips its shoulder... but its flesh offers no resistance to the blow, flowing aside as if Sayd had just tried splitting a blob of quicksilver. The bolt hits the cave wall behind the blank creature.

Startled, it slides away from the pentagram and Sayd, stopping some distance to his right. It brings the burned spear into a guard position, as if not realizing its weapon is broken.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Varium stands up out I hide sitting position as Gabriel, Nimbus, and Emelia all talk. He's interested.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spider is down as soon as Skye says the word. He is lucky because the metal ball had just impacted where his head would have been. When he gets up to look back his Jaw drops in shock at the automaton that had fired the projectile. "How on earth do bandits have something like that!!! Why are they robbing a train instead of a bank or something?!" Spider pulls three number seven cards out of his deck. They start charging with energy as Spider mentally locks on to the metal giant. "THREE OF A KIND!" with that incantation Spider launches the three cards at the automaton. The first card strikes causing an explosion of water to try to push the machine back and soak it. The the two other cards follow up simultaneously, These being the element of electricity, and the machine being wet just makes them even more effective.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The magical cards hit dead-on, and while the automaton is pushed back some, it doesn't seem too fazed by the attack, especially since it's still anchored to the car. "Hostile Magic Detected. Initiating Countermeasures." Something inside the automaton started glowing, growing brighter.

Skye dashed forward, hoping to take out the machine before it could do what he thought it was going to do. But his hand only managed to get inches away from the automaton before a huge wall of Wave Magic was thrown up, covering the train car from wall-to-wall and from ceiling to floor. Unlike the Wave Magic explosions from before, this was a constant wall of rippling energy, and Skye was stuck in the middle of it. The pain rippled through his body as it felt like his muscles were being torn apart at the seams. Skye screamed in agony before being thrown back against the far wall, the barrier of Wave Magic still constant and slowly advancing with the automaton, leaving less and less safe room in the car with each advancing step.

Emilia

"Partner?" She sees Nimbus dramatically bow, genuinely confused by his behavior, but it certainly wasn't the strangest thing that happened to her today, and was far from the most threatening. "Um, sure, I guess. I think it's this way." Emilia starts to head off towards the station.

York, seeing his mistress with two strange men, flies down and hovers in front of Emilia, "Hey Emilia, are you all right with these two folks?"

"I'm fine, York. They just wanted directions to the station. And since we're headed there anyway..." Emilia shrugged. York eyed the two strangers suspiciously, an interesting sensation since he was just a floating skull with wings and only eye sockets, but otherwise seemed to be fine with them.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spider's eyes widen with shock and fear at seeing Skye blasted back with little effort. As the field continues moving forward Spider steps back a little more each time. He thinks to himself, 'Okay Spider stay calm and think. Okay you're a long range fighter with close range capabilities. Now this stuff looks like it might be the same thing those bandit's used. So your magic is useless and getting in close might get you killed. Only one thing to do...we have to cut our losses.' Spider runs over to Skye and hefts him up before moving to the Fourth car, grabbing his hat in the process and putting it on his head. As he does he takes out one of his super sharp cars and throws it down at the metal bonds that connect the trains. That should separate them from the slow moving machine. 'Skye's gonna kill me.'
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-17 at 02:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Don't you f***ing dare!" Skye shouted before Spider could separate the cars, spitting out blood and holding his mangled arm as he climbed to his feet. "Fairy Tail was hired to protect the cargo, remember? Dump the cargo and you're just running away from the job. You want to run away you can just jump off the train right now! But if you do that, don't you ever let me catch you on Fairy Tail's turf! When Skye turned back to face Spider, he was grinning maniacally, despite the mechanical monstrosity staring him down. "Cause we don't need cowards in Fairy Tail!"