New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 14: Now a Family Business.

Ariel's Room

Ariel looks up and back and can't help but give a chuckle at the sight, reaching up to give Ilpholin's rear a swat. "You're going to enjoy the tail, trust me. Just don't get it caught in doors."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Room

Ilpholin gives an involuntary shudder and goes to clumsily try to wrap the tail around Ariel's waist. "Well now you have to teach me how to use it..." She says with a smirk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Room

Ariel gets up, helped by the tail and wraps her own around Ilpholin. "Oh, I will..." She says huskily before going in for a kiss and attempting to pull curtains.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [To the Infirmary!]

Well...Dominic's appearance is rather unexpected. No sooner do they arrive at the infirmary than...this!

Marcus instinctively goes for his weapon, raising it halfway before his conscious part kicks in and reminds him that he's among...people who don't want to kill him.

Still...Dominic was rather...unexpected, and Marcus can't help but wonder why someone like him is in the infirmary. "Sorry. How I react to sudden things. Beasts often attack from nowhere, have to be quick."

Marcus gives Wenomir a questioning look, still rather uncertain about this. Dominic doesn't exactly look like the sort of person you'd want to be asking medical advice from...

Nevertheless, Marcus pulls his bear-hood back, revealing the bandages on his head. "Just want to make sure this not serious."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Infirmary of Terror?]

Reviline looks up at Dominic and pulls up the hood on her coat.
    This was either some sort of trap, a test, or Dominic was extremely good at looking misunderstood.

With any of these, it seems prudent to her to put up the hood.
    "...hello. Marcus here is somewhat injured?"
    A little gesture towards the magical wasteland tribesman.
    Please put down your weapon and lie on the bed. Dominic says when he sees the head wound - he probably wants to take advantage of Marcus's injured state to finish him off.

Head wounds are usually much more serious than they appear, and in any case that bandaging looks like it needs to be redone. He adds.

If you wish, you and Wenomir can stay here while I look after him. He says, almost certainly thinking that it would be easier to finish them off if they were clustered together.

I'm not a demon, I don't work for demons, and I feel no inclination whatsoever to consume your soul in particular. He says. I am a fully qualified physician, and have performed several operations while here at WATCHTOWER. He adds, likely lying about all of it. In fact, it sounds oddly specific how he'd deny all of those things like that.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

[What a nice Infirmary this is...]

Marcus seems to have decided to just accept the creepyness and get on with it. He puts his weapon down and lies down on the bed, trying to keep his mind off the uneasy feeling this Dominic is giving him.

"No need for you two to stay here, this not take more than a few minutes" he adds, nodding to Wenomir and Reviline.

Well, it'd better not take more than a few minutes. Marcus does not intend to be stuck here lying on the bed for any longer than it takes to re-bandage the wound.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Room

The kiss is accepted and the curtains are drawn! She can keep up with Ariel. Might even be able to surpass her, but the novelty of the tail slows her down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Infirmary of Lies]

Reviline considers the situation for the moment, eyebrow raised.

After a moment, she gives a little nod.
    "May as well get started with this indoctrination process, then.
    No need to waste time waiting on a bandage, right?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #68

[What a nice Infirmary this is...]

Marcus seems to have decided to just accept the creepyness and get on with it. He puts his weapon down and lies down on the bed, trying to keep his mind off the uneasy feeling this Dominic is giving him.

"No need for you two to stay here, this not take more than a few minutes" he adds, nodding to Wenomir and Reviline.

Well, it'd better not take more than a few minutes. Marcus does not intend to be stuck here lying on the bed for any longer than it takes to re-bandage the wound.
    Dominic quickly and efficiently tries to unbandage the wound, his hands seeming a bit too experienced at it.

When did you receive this wound?

Show

9. - Top - End - #69

[This...this is an infirmary, right? ]

The wound is unbandaged. There's a fair amount of blood making it a wee bit difficult to see how bad it is, but presumably that's no problem for someone as...disturbingly familiar with wounds as Dominic appears to be.

It's...not too bad, really. Possibly a slight case of concussion to go with it. But the wound itself is merely awkwardly placed. While not serious, its in an awkward position, slight stretches in the face from talking and the like keep re-opening it before it can close properly, resulting in near-constant slow bleeding.

"I...um...was launched...what did she call it, uh, tel-eh-port-ehd here and when I was pushed out I was pushed at the ground." i.e. high-speed faceplant.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #70

[This...this is an infirmary, right? ]

The wound is unbandaged. There's a fair amount of blood making it a wee bit difficult to see how bad it is, but presumably that's no problem for someone as...disturbingly familiar with wounds as Dominic appears to be.

It's...not too bad, really. Possibly a slight case of concussion to go with it. But the wound itself is merely awkwardly placed. While not serious, its in an awkward position, slight stretches in the face from talking and the like keep re-opening it before it can close properly, resulting in near-constant slow bleeding.

"I...um...was launched...what did she call it, uh, tel-eh-port-ehd here and when I was pushed out I was pushed at the ground." i.e. high-speed faceplant.
    That sounds like it would be quite painful. Dominic says, relishing in Marcus's pain, probably.

Do you have any magic allergies? He asks, as he grabs a small jar full of green paste from a nearby cupboard, taking a small amount of the paste and attempting to smear it thinly over the wound.
    This will sting, a little. Which indeed, is correct.

Show

11. - Top - End - #71

[Infirmary]

"It hurt a little at time. Not notice it after, really." Marcus was too busy doing other things to think about the pain.

"Uh, no, no allergy to magic-" It sounds like Marcus might've said more, but it gets cut off when he feels the stinging sensation from whatever Dominic just applied to the wound, "Stings, yes...Can tell it helps, always stings if it helps."

Surprising how often that's the case, isn't it? What a miracle it'd be if someone found something they could apply to wounds to heal them that didn't sting!

12. - Top - End - #72

It will usually sting if it doesn't, as well. Dominic tells him, ominously. That should be killing any bacteria on it and it'll encourage healing.

Not allergic to magic? Great. Dominic says sinisterly as his hand glows with a sickly green light. I'm going to try and knit the wound together. He tells Marcus, to put him at ease, likely so he can strike later.

Show

13. - Top - End - #73

"You need magic for that?" He means he's going to stitch it up, right?

Marcus isn't sure why magic would be needed for that...but...whatever.

He just gives a questioning look at the glowing hand, then shrugs and lets Dominic continue with his eeeevil plan.

14. - Top - End - #74

"You need magic for that?" He means he's going to stitch it up, right?

Marcus isn't sure why magic would be needed for that...but...whatever.

He just gives a questioning look at the glowing hand, then shrugs and lets Dominic continue with his eeeevil plan.
    I don't need it, but it's cleaner and quicker. Dominic promises, probably grinning evilly behind the shadows that mask his face.

He moves his hand over to the wound and starts... pulling the skin shut. It should be remarkably painless, as his magic encourages the skin to grow cells and join together.

All attempted, of course.

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

((Sorry Ghar, but I'm going to have to just drop the whole Warp-infection thing, in the name of being able to use my character again. ))

[Library]

It's been a long week for Jakob. He's usually rather strained, what with his constant cycles of Chronic Hero Syndrome stopped only by occasional comatose states caused by sheer exhaustion, but this week's been worse than usual.

That damned artifact, after all, had put something in him without him realizing. Not dissimilar to the Eldrazi or Phyrexia, actually...

...No. That way lies madness. It had been a long and difficult effort to purge that terrible seed of chaos from himself, but the end result was frankly ridiculous. After all, what but chaos could possibly cause Jakob to -

"Dad, can I go play with the other people here?"

"Please stop calling me Dad."

...That. Apparently the purging process managed to shave a chip off of his spark, imprinting it with both the Red Mana naturally inherent in Chaos with aspects of his own personality, thus creating two similar and yet different clones of him. That apparently believed they were his children.

"We never do anything. This is boring. You're boring. I'm going to run off and join the army!"

"Please do."

In the meantime, the Planeswalker is (trying to) read up on... ...That's a book on Vampires. Interesting subject matter there. Not that he's making much progress, given that two rather insane clones of him are hovering around him and generally being annoyances.

When Wenomir inevitably shows up with his new assignment, I'm sure he'll be quite happy for the chance to get away from these maniacs a while.

16. - Top - End - #76

[Infirmary]

Ah, and now something rather interesting happens...

Dominic's little bit of magic works...sort of.

He'll notice that it doesn't seem to be working as quickly as it should. The wound is healing, but...slowly...

He'll have to pour a lot of magic into it to get the wound to fully close, far more than he normally would have to.

"I think I should not have said yes. Magic not work right on me. Not allergic, but not work right."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Front Door

A Wolfen missing his left front paw and a halfling arrive at Watchtower. Those who were involved in the slave caravan plot will likely recognize them as Waterstrider and Brand Applehill.

*knock knock knock*
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-11-23 at 06:02 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Weno mir rubs his chin and nods. When you're ready, go and look for the people who'll test you. You, he indicates to Reviline, go find a man named Jakob and tell him I sent you to be tested. Marcus, you'll find a person named Adir. He'll be your supervisor. Now I'll see who's at the door. And he goes to the front door to check.
    Hello, welcome to Watchtower. What business do you have with us?
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-23 at 06:44 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Barracks

"I don't know if that is true. I can't even say if this let me feel better or not. Harnel do you know more about that?"

Her voice did change when she draws her attention. While talking to Adir it sounded normal, just like the way you talk to someone, but when she talked to harnel her voice is a bit weaker, like she isn't sure if she is alloed to speak up to him.
    [Barracks]

"I couldn't," Harnel says, "I like having money, probably more than pure humans, but I don't feel so attached to it like a full dragon might. I can't help in this situation."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Front Door

"My name is Brand Applehill, and this is my friend Waterstrider. Some of your members helped to rescue us from a slaver caravan, and we wanted to speak to them."
    Brand says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

Wenomir pinches the bridge of his nose, remembering. Ah, yes. I remember. That would be Harnel and Cessie, among others... I can help you find one of them, if you want. Follow me. Wenomir will motion for them to follow and head into the base to look for Harnel or Cessie.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cessie's Room

Cessie will be in her room where she's currently busy with picking out a few things things she will move to Harnel's and her new home.

An earth elemental will answer the door if Wenomir decides to knock.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie's Room]

Having led Brand and Waterstrider there, Wenomir raises an eyebrow at the elemental. Uh... these are two people Cessie rescued from the slaver caravan. They want to speak to one of their rescuers. May we come in?

24. - Top - End - #84

[Infirmary]

Ah, and now something rather interesting happens...

Dominic's little bit of magic works...sort of.

He'll notice that it doesn't seem to be working as quickly as it should. The wound is healing, but...slowly...

He'll have to pour a lot of magic into it to get the wound to fully close, far more than he normally would have to.

"I think I should not have said yes. Magic not work right on me. Not allergic, but not work right."
    Dominic stops using magic immediately when he feels it not happening correctly.

Well, I don't want to aggravate anything. I'll have to stitch it by hand, then rebandage it. He says, getting out an extremely sharp needle, perfect for - just as an example - stabbing Marcus several times, in the many exposed areas that Dominic can reach.

He lowers his hand towards Marcus's face, the point getting closer and closer to the wound, threatening to make it worse.

Hold still. He says, not wanting to screw up the probable demon summoning ritual he's about to almost certainly carve into Marcus's forehead.

Dominic will then professionally close up the wound with the needle, which will likely hurt a fair bit.

Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Barracks

"Try starin' at it awhile." Adir says, reaching up to straighten his beret. The stag smiles. "Anyway, if you two are all set, I could really stand to have a beer or two..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #86

Barracks

"After all I don't have any money so I can't buy any drinks myself."

Poor Vutha, well at this point I asume Adir wants to talk with Harnel in privat so I don't think they want her around for now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[Barracks]

"Actually Vutha, I think Adir and I need to speak to each other alone for a bit." Harnel motions with his thumb back towards the main room, as a sort of sign of, 'want to go somewhere else?'
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Cessie's Room]

The elemental stares at them and then just stands aside, letting them inside the room.

Cessie seems to have been busy packing some clothes into a bag of holding before the group decided to interrupt her. She turns to them, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, can I help you with anything Wenomir?" She asks with a glance at Waterstrider and Brand. A wolfen? Here?

You can tell she's pregnant at this point, Wenomir and Waterstrider should at least have a easy time seeing it. The demon hunter since he have seen Cessie before and Waterstrider since his sense of smell probably can sense it.

Darn that overpowered sense. /old GM

"I'm guessing this isn't about Libra?" She asks in a concerned tone.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-23 at 07:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

[Infirmary]

Yay! Marcus gets the painful option!

Oh, yes, ow, that stings...

Marcus winces but remains silent, letting the creepy guy do his work and sort out the wound.

"Magic would've worked. Just...more magic than normal." Marcus grumbles, a little annoyed that Dominic switched to the painful method.

But the doctor knows best...even if he is creepy.

He remains still as Dominic re-bandages the wound, then gets off the bed, flips his bear-hood back up, and swiftly exits the infirmary to get away from the creepy guy and find this...Adir person.

30. - Top - End - #90

[Infirmary]

Yay! Marcus gets the painful option!

Oh, yes, ow, that stings...

Marcus winces but remains silent, letting the creepy guy do his work and sort out the wound.

"Magic would've worked. Just...more magic than normal." Marcus grumbles, a little annoyed that Dominic switched to the painful method.

But the doctor knows best...even if he is creepy.

He remains still as Dominic re-bandages the wound, then gets off the bed, flips his bear-hood back up, and swiftly exits the infirmary to get away from the creepy guy and find this...Adir person.
    I'm not going to take that risk. He says, washing the blood off his hands, with the distinct implication that being bloodless was a rarity for these hands - one that could be easily fixed had Dominic the slightest inclination, at any point, to end Marcus.

Goodbye. he says, implying that he'd see Marcus again very soon, when it was dark, holding various implements of torture.

Show