New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Why all the Mookie-bashing lately? Didn't it used to be policy to keep things classy?

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    "Make sure the love interest, when they're by themselves, can hold the spotlight. Because, I don't know about you, I hate it when I hear this kind of dialog: I was nothing before I met him. He taught me - I can hear you guys groaning already - He taught me so much about being myself I don't know what I do without him. (sarcastic) Don't you just love that?"
    "Do you feel happy for them? Do you feel happy inside? No! You want to kick them in the face!"
    Everybody in this room knows the answer to this question: "If you could kill anyone, and you knew you won't get caught, who would be it be and how would you do it?" Every single person in this room knows the answer to that question.
    The best part of Part 1 is "Don't have heroes coming from humble origins like a farm - make him the working class".
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Why all the Mookie-bashing lately? Didn't it used to be policy to keep things classy?
    To be fair:

A. The tone's mostly just instead of .

B. It relates heavily to DD.

C. No one wanted to bring out ponies again.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground

This all relates to things Mookie has said in relation to DD, or in relation to writing in general. I think that's fair game.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

5. - Top - End - #515

GnomeWizardGuy

Blame the Stonewater backstory. Once again.

My own take is that "fair game" includes the webcomic and anything done officially as the webcomic creator such as comic con appearances. Plus the whole reason for discussing DD IMO is to get some insight into the whys and wherefores as to how it ticks, so a talk by Mookie on writing is insightful.

6. - Top - End - #516

My own take is that "fair game" includes the webcomic and anything done officially as the webcomic creator such as comic con appearances. Plus the whole reason for discussing DD IMO is to get some insight into the whys and wherefores as to how it ticks, so a talk by Mookie on writing is insightful.
    I'm kinda with this. I feel like looking over stuff that he does regularly really doesn't fall out of the 'don't be creepy/a jerk' clause in the snarkermind.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

7. - Top - End - #517
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    This all relates to things Mookie has said in relation to DD, or in relation to writing in general. I think that's fair game.
    I didn't mean the discussion in general. Just some of the comments seemed to be a bit personal, and not just today. Dunno, maybe I'm just tired.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

8. - Top - End - #518

Imp

I didn't mean the discussion in general. Just some of the comments seemed to be a bit personal, and not just today. Dunno, maybe I'm just tired.
    When Mookie says things like "I wanted to make a sexy rapist" and "everyone should know the one person they want to kill", it's hard not to see him as a crazy person.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

9. - Top - End - #519

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    When Mookie says things like "I wanted to make a sexy rapist" and "everyone should know the one person they want to kill", it's hard not to see him as a crazy person.
    Yeah, it was the Learn From Webcomics review of the Stonewater arc and revealing that "sexy rapist" quote to be genuine that trigged the whole thing. It makes me want to grab Mookie by the muttonchops and yell "Why can't you see what's wrong with this?!"

And that panel became fascinating once I recognised the Dominic Deegan in it. Each vid followed the same old pattern:
    1. Start with a reasonable premise
    2. Spout something crazy and undermine the premise
    3. Go off endlessly about whatever Mookie thinks is cool
    4. Repeat 3 until premise is completely pointless
    5. Start again at step 1 with new premise, repeat

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I'm going to A-Kon again this year - got my tickets while they were cheap.

Maybe I should actually watch Mookie's panel. At the very least, I was going to swing by and congratulate him in person on the nuptials.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

11. - Top - End - #521
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post

Maybe I should actually watch Mookie's panel. At the very least, I was going to swing by and congratulate him in person on the nuptials.
    Record youself asking the questions of "WTF ARE YOU DOING!"

12. - Top - End - #522

GnomeWizardGuy

Grow a handlebar moustache and ask him to bring back Siggy's dad.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Grow a handlebar moustache and ask him to bring back Siggy's dad.
    Would if I could, bro. I've got too much Snuggly corruption.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Then cosplaying is the only option.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

You could do some Cosplay as Warlord Moustache? All you need is a black shirt with capped sleeves, a black moustache, a black wig, and a insane grin.
    I totally gonna do that if I ever attend a con in the US.

Edit: Aww. ninj'ad. Stupid slow Firefox.
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-12-04 at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

16. - Top - End - #526
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's like Mookie says: "There's always moustache"

Why did he have to wait until the new thread was already up before he wrote that? It would have been a perfect thread name.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    You could do some Cosplay as Warlord Moustache? All you need is a black shirt with capped sleeves, a black moustache, a black wig, and a insane grin.
    I totally gonna do that if I ever attend a con in the US.
    You know what? That is good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    You know what? That is good idea.
    Don't do it! Mookie ruined WM in Court of Karnak because he thought that it would make the WM fans shut up. If he finds out that WM still has fans, it will only encourage him to ruin WM even more.

19. - Top - End - #529

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Don't do it! Mookie ruined WM in Court of Karnak because he thought that it would make the WM fans shut up. If he finds out that WM still has fans, it will only encourage him to ruin WM even more.
    WM is currently a devoured severed head. Any attempt to ruin him further can only result in hilarity.

20. - Top - End - #530

WM is currently a devoured severed head. Any attempt to ruin him further can only result in hilarity.
    Most likely it would be flashbacks of him when he was still alive. I'm not sure how Mookie could write the flashback to ruin him, but I'm sure he'd manage it.

21. - Top - End - #531

Why must you tempt fate? Now what results will be so horrible our brains will fry and we'll melt like the Nazis at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

22. - Top - End - #532
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can think of several things that Mookie could do that wouldn't be funny. As the way these things usually go, whatever he comes up with is more horrific than whatever I can think of.

EDIT: Double Ninja-ed!. That's what I get for not pushing post earlier.
    Last edited by engineer-errant; 2011-12-05 at 12:49 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Most likely it would be flashbacks of him when he was still alive. I'm not sure how Mookie could write the flashback to ruin him, but I'm sure he'd manage it.
    Only thing I could think of would be portraying him as having fallen in love with a piggart and that was the source of his rage and hatred for the foul beasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #534

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Only thing I could think of would be portraying him as having fallen in love with a piggart and that was the source of his rage and hatred for the foul beasts.
    No, that would be hilarious. Mookie would probably make him a child abuser. And yeah, that would make him worse. It would also make Mookie lose most of his remaining handful of fans, but like that ever stopped him.

Oh and hey look, Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

Points awared for actually having Miranda stand up like she should. Points deduced for having her win instantly. Mookie, arguments don't work like that. Especially family arguments.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Here are some ideas for your amusement:

1) Self hating racism:

It will be discovered that WM is actually a half-orc.
    Bonus points if his half brother was an active character in the Matlak arc.

2) Touchy subject:

WM was raped by an orc as a child. We all know how well Mookie can handle this subject.
    Bonus points if he was raped by an orc woman.

3) The butler did it:

WM was only evil because of a demon or some other magical influence.
    Bonus points if he was the first victim of the Travolta family.

4) Fake king:

The real WM is in prison, and the one we saw until now was a fake.
    Bonus points: After last arc's events, DJ will be replaced by the real WM as the elected king.

5) Did I mention how EVIL I am?

Flashbacks of WM taking his son to a puppy kicking contest.
    Bonus points: Do I really need one here?

6) Be warned, do not open this idea:

Spoiler
    Show
    All of the above.

The father of WM was raped by an orc woman. WM is actually a half orc and his actions are motivated from self hate.
    However, last events before his death were actually made by his half brother, who used magic to replace the real WM (with the help of the Travolta family).
    Now, the real WM is still in prison, planning his puppy kicking contest techniques there.

Warned you...

26. - Top - End - #536
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

on the comic:

WERE STILL ON THIS ****! Its so irrelevant! Its padded pointless filler! Even by DD standards this is completely arbitrary!

GET ON WITH IT MOOKIE GET THE **** ON WITH IT!

Spoiler
    Show
    All of the above.

The father of WM was raped by an orc woman. WM is actually a half orc and his actions are motivated from self hate.
    However, last events before his death were actually made by his half brother, who used magic to replace the real WM (with the help of the Travolta family).
    Now, the real WM is still in prison, planning his puppy kicking contest techniques there.
    Hell yes.

27. - Top - End - #537

AssassinGuy

Points deduced for having her win instantly. Mookie, arguments don't work like that. Especially family arguments.
    Do you want this flashback to go on any longer? I'm willing to tolerate a quick and easy resolution if it means getting away from this flashback and going back to Dominic and Luna's wedding plans. Which is also pretty much filler, but at least it's not a flashback.

Given all of this filler, Mookie better have a good explanation for King David and Snuggle's complacency. Then again, since the heroes aren't really doing anything either aside from letting the public draw their own conclusions about circumstantial evidence and outright illusions, I guess it evens out.

Edit:

Mookie associates illusion magic with deception and trickery apparently. Did he forget that Luna specializes in illusion magic?
    Last edited by M84; 2011-12-05 at 02:09 AM.

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    on the comic:

WERE STILL ON THIS ****! Its so irrelevant! Its padded pointless filler! Even by DD standards this is completely arbitrary!

GET ON WITH IT MOOKIE GET THE **** ON WITH IT!

Hell yes.
    Every time I see this thread your commentary is filled with swearing. Unlike many other posters I have seen you take your hatred for the comic to a level that I, as a reader, find myself uncomfortable with. There's snark and then there's what you post, which I feel goes beyond that.

I don't intend this as an attack, just a comment on something that stood out to me.

That said, this arc is pretty stupid, full of inconsistent characterization and terrible moral dissonance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Good Human Cleric (2nd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 17

Jarlaxle and Auradin avatars by Teutonic Knight

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    Mookie associates illusion magic with deception and trickery apparently. Did he forget that Luna specializes in illusion magic?

Illusions ARE deception and trickery by definition. So this connection isn't made in any negative way and Miranda didn't really blame her father.
    It was just Miranda's reply to her mother after she accused bards of being deceptive.

30. - Top - End - #540

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    Do you want this flashback to go on any longer?
    Mookie is killing time until 2012, so we're guaranteed plot-free DD until January. At least this flashback has character conflict. Or at least it had until the parents wussed out today.