New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Douglas was having a bit of trouble balancing his plate - he'd overfilled it slightly, and Truse summarily had to help him multiple times on the way back. Times like that made him feel bad with just how clumsy he'd become - I mean, he never was terribly coordinated, but now...

"Thanks, Truse."

And upon sitting, he dug in - as did his machoke. When Tony came back, Douglas nodded. "Spent much time on the battle deck?"

Truse noticed some food was a bit out of the cubone's reach, and nudged that plate a little closer to him.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Bone!"
    Lil' Helper gleefuly picks up the apple that had been out of reach, nodding to Truse. He then picks up a knife and cuts it in half, offering part to Truse.
    "I watched for a bit, but I haven't fought anyone, really. My houndour Flare doesn't really like boats, and Cudgel, my heavy hitter, is likely a bad choice since his pre evolution's going into mating season outside. That leaves Turbo-my skarmory who has a space disadvantage, Lil' Helper, who's still just a baby, and my sableye Reaper, who is physically mature but just starting to grow stronger."
    He looks over to Truse and Doug.
    "What about you? I've said quite a bit on what I do. What kind of training do you do? Aside from Truse, what pokemon do you own?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-29 at 07:50 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PresentPresence View Post
    "Sounds like a plan. Valiant, you're up first. You guys watch the battle - maybe you'll learn something." The Larvitar managed to contain its excitement as it stepped into the ring. "Is there a ref' around here or something? Not that I don't trust you, just figured we would have some semblance of formality on this ship."
    "Yeah, all the league rinks are connected to this computer thing, didn't you read the pamphlet?"* she says and starts walking tword the nearest open rink

Spoiler
    Show
    * the ship has a central computer that works as a "ref", it has a camera and speakers.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"Choke." Truse nodded smartly, accepting the half the apple returned to him and shoving it in his mouth - his teeth were for tearing, not chewing, and the satisfying lump visibly sank down his throat.

Douglas smiled. "Heh, that's true. Frankly enough - I'm a breeder. My big focus is on having the newer members of my family be the best they can be. My numel Vicuņa is actually the son of Guanaco, although he was newly hatched... then."

He nods. "My family is actually very small at this moment - the third member is Gel, my ditto. He's not terribly fond of battling, although Truse and Vicuņa enjoy it a lot."

"It sounds like you have a pretty wide array of pokemon, though! I love seeing that - it also helps a lot of very rare pokemon have a second chance at a proper recovery."

It was back to food for a moment afterwards, as he contemplated. "I gotta say, though - I've never really thought about ghosts. Can ghost pokemon breed?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReivaxTL View Post
    "Yeah, all the league rinks are connected to this computer thing, didn't you read the pamphlet?"
    "I'm not really much of a reader, I guess. Well, it's going to be my Valiant against your...?"

6. - Top - End - #36

"I'm not really much of a reader, I guess. Well, it's going to be my Valiant against your...?"
    hmm, larvitar huh. I think I will use my Surskit Skippy. She said as they reach the battle rink, and turned it on

mean while the ship turns north towards the "Red Current"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"...Huh. What kind? Because I think normal ghost types can, but I'm not sure. No clue about the other kind of ghosts."
    He pulls out a pokeball, etched with a black mark.
    "Want to ask, or finish eating first then ask?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I replied to the old man on the last page btw :P

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    As Kara looks behind her she glances at the old man and the strange thing on his shoulder. As she looks at the pokemon she speaks to it with her special telepathic bond between pokemon.

Hi! I'm Kara! Ummm, I don't think I've seen a pokemon like you. What's your name? Is this guy nice to you? She thinks with a friendly smile. She loved pokemon.

Realizing she was ignoring the old man and probably looking weird she quickly looked back at him, "Oh...um, I'm sorry...I wasn't trying to be ummm rude..." She mumbles softly and shyly. "It's more saddening actually...I can understand fighting in self-defense or fighting to protect your friends...but why do they fight and hurt each other needlessly?" She asked sadly as she glanced over at the battle deck. "It seems strange to force your friends to fight..."
    the little pokemons thoughts reply,"you ask for my name? My name is burned into the last memories of a thousand rivers, my name is scarred into lands some have never seen, my name is what make vast forests shake in fright, my name...*"

well even ifyou do not share my sentiments exactly, it is nice to meet someone who sees more in pokemon then the warrior side. as his tiny charizard seems to glow in its monologue the man raises his eyebrows. Well your certainly proud of your self to day, then turning back to her he says not that he doesn't deserve it though, he may be small but he has taken on gyaradoes on his own, and he is by far the best partner I have ever had.

Spoiler
    Show
    * he goes on like this for some minutes

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I just don't see what is enjoyable about forcing them to fight..." Kara said softly. "Would you throw your children into a ring and force them to beat up their friends?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I think I will use my Surskit Skippy."
    "I don't think I've ever heard of one of those." He pulls out his Pokedex and aims the camera at the Surskit.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "I just don't see what is enjoyable about forcing them to fight..." Kara said softly. "Would you throw your children into a ring and force them to beat up their friends?"
    They just do not think that way, for many pokemon are just tools for power. He then looks to the side as a gyaradoes breaches then dives back to the depths(Making many nervous.). Well would you look at that wounder why we are so close to the "Current"?

13. - Top - End - #43

"I don't think I've ever heard of one of those." He pulls out his Pokedex and aims the camera at the Surskit.
    your pokedex gives you the data for surskit as well as the sedgestion that this one might be "Giant".

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd like to finish eating first, if you wouldn't mind waiting - although it won't take me much longer to finish up." He glanced at Truse, and half-smiled. "Although it may take him a little longer, but that's neither here nor there."

"This will be very helpful for information, though! To be honest, I've never actually seen a sableye before - I know they're ghosts from your statements, but they're not from Johto or Kanto, are they?"

He also wondered what breeding classification they were part of, but that was secondary; food first while he had a moment.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"They're from Hoenn. Actually, they're kind of interesting in that they aren't a full ghost, but one of only two ghost/dark types, and in this case more dark type as she's not incorporeal, or ethereal, or however you wish to put it. They're highly flexible in case of cave ins, and eat gems and soil. However, she's my expert on ghost types, so she can answer any questions."
    Lil' Helper nods approvingly at Truse, before devouring most of the fruit he put on his plate rapidly. Tony finishes what's on his plate before pushing it away a bit.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-29 at 02:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hmm...so this Surskit is a larger variant, huh? That's very interesting. Your other Pokemon seem to be special, too." He scans the strange looking Scyther and the wheel Pokemon quickly, saving the information until he has time to review it. "I'm ready to fight when you are." He let Valiant stand in the middle of the ring, and backed off to a point just outside the rink. He nodded his head, signaling that he was ready to engage.

Valiant
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Valiant
    Level: 19
    Total XP: 6,860
    Species: Larvitar
    Type: Rock/Ground
    Nature: Brave (+2 Attack, -2 Speed) Egg Group: Monster Height: 2’0” (Small) Weight: 158.7 lbs. (4) Diet Terravore STAB: 3

Stats:
    {table=head]Stat|Base|Added|Total
    HP|5|3|8
    Attack|8|9|17
    Defense|5|3|8
    Special Attack|5|0|5
    Special Defense|5|3|8
    Speed|2|0|2[/table]

Max Health: 43 Current HP: 43 Current Status Effects: None

Abilities:
    {table=head]Ability|Cast|Effect
    Mountain Peak|Last Chance|Rock[/table]

Capabilities:
    {table=head]Capability|Value
    Overland:|4
    Jump:|1
    Power:|2
    Intelligence:|3
    Sinker:|The Pokemon cannot swim, or move in water. For every round of an encounter the Pokemon is in water that is deep enough for them to stand submerged in, or is submerged in they lose 25% of their max HP. If the Pokemon is lowered to -100% HP, make a Deaths savings roll as usual. If a Pokemon gains a Surface or Underwater capability, they lose their Sinker Capability.[/table]

Moves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natural (Level/Egg)
    Bite
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Dark
    Frequency|At-Will - 2
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|1d10+5
    Special Properties|Bite Flinches the target on 15-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]

Sandstorm
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Rock
    Frequency|Battle - None
    Range|Field - No Damage
    Effect|Target Area, Weather
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|For 2 minutes (12 rounds), the area is considered Sandstorming. At the beginning of each round, all non-Ground, Rock, or Steel Type Pokemon lose 1/16th of their full HP. Rock Type Pokemon are treated as if their Special Defense is raised 2 Combat Stages while Sandstorming.[/table]

Screech
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|EOT - 4
    Range|No Damage - Ranged
    Effect|No Target, Burst
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|Screech creates a 4-meter Burst. All Legal Targets have their Defense lowered 2 Combat Stages.[/table]

Rock Slide
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Rock
    Frequency|Battle - 4
    Range|Attack - Ranged (4)
    Effect|1 Target, Column
    Damage|2d12+21
    Special Properties|Rock Slide creates a Column 4-meters wide. Rock Slide Flinches all Legal Targets on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]

Leer
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|At-Will - 2
    Range|No Damage - Ranged (5)
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|None
    Special Properties|The target's Defense is lowered 1 Combat Stage.[/table]

Chip Away
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|EOT - 2
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|2d12+16
    Special Properties|Ignore any changes in the target’s Defense or Special Defense when calculating damage.
    [/table]

Bio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Valiant was given to Peter by his father when he was a young boy. Peter gave him this name after he protected Peter from a swarm of Rattatta whose nest the boy had accidentally upset. He has been his constant companion throughout his travels. He is a heroic young Larvitar, and he often sacrifices himself for the good of others. He prefers to stay out of his pokeball, but does not dislike being inside of it when traveling long distances.
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2011-11-28 at 01:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

They just do not think that way, for many pokemon are just tools for power. He then looks to the side as a gyaradoes breaches then dives back to the depths(Making many nervous.). Well would you look at that wounder why we are so close to the "Current"?
    Kara is about to reply when she glances out the window and looks down at the magikarp. "Oh! I hope the boat doesn't hurt them!" She exclaims worried.

18. - Top - End - #48

"Hmm...so this Surskit is a larger variant, huh? That's very interesting. Your other Pokemon seem to be special, too." He scans the strange looking Scyther and the wheel Pokemon quickly, saving the information until he has time to review it. "I'm ready to fight when you are." He let Valiant stand in the middle of the ring, and backed off to a point just outside the rink. He nodded his head, signaling that he was ready to engage.

yeah, I am just lucky I guess. Skippy this foes looks tough, but you not going to let some rock eater beet you, Are you!
    she says as the surskit enters the far-side of the rink

Spoiler
    Show

before putting the pokedex away you see the wheel pokemon is "Whirlpede"

{table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|||||||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||V||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||||||S|[/table]

V=valiant
    S=Skippy

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hoenn! I've heard interesting things about Hoenn, but I've never really been around there myself besides spending a couple moments in a port."

Douglas finished eating a little bit afterwards - polishing off his plate. Truse took a little bit longer - the machoke could definitely eat when things were put in front of him - but it wasn't too long afterwards that they both were sitting in front of empty plates. The machoke did, however, slip an extra apple into Douglas' bag for later.

"Okay! Why don't we talk more on deck - there'll be less people about and more room, heh. Unless you think... Reaper, right? Unless you think Reaper is hungry."

And, as an afterthought, "Although I don't know if she'll like the food much regardless - it's a far cry from gems and soil."

He stood to leave, unless Tony suggested otherwise.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

It was a nice place to visit. Let's head up."
    As Doug gets up, he gets up, as Lil' Helper contentedly pushes his plate away.
    "No need to worry about her, I brought some food in my room for her."
    He picks up Lil' Helper, and goes to the door with Doug and Truse.
    "Oh, hey! Maybe after we introduce you to Reaper, we could look around for Kara so you can meet her."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas idly took out his pokedex, fiddling with it for a moment until he recalled how to scan with it - testing it on lil' helper, partially to confirm that the pokemon was in the 'monster' egg category.

He leaned against the railing - to find Truse there just in case. Nodding thankfully at the machoke, he glanced at the red current - was it closer? Nah, probably his imagination.

"Choke? Machoke." (It almost looks like we're going to hit them...)

"Never hurts to meet with new people, heh. I do have to go check on my eggs in an hour or so, though - should be plenty of time to find someone and chat for a bit." He paused there, checking a box on his deep green notebook which was full of breeding information. "Yeah, a bit over an hour ideally. Don't want them to take too long to hatch!" Plus, although he didn't mention it, the ability to broaden one's horizons was vital for a breeder and something he did enjoy doing.

His mental picture of what a sableye looked like would have been somewhat laughable to one who knew the truth, and slightly eerily similar to machoke. "Hope I make a good first impression to Reaper." He commented - pokemon generally liked him, but he could never be sure.

And he waited.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"It does, doesn't it..."
    Tony stood a little bit away with Lil' Helper at his side. Huh, the current shouldn't be that close, should it? Deciding to ignore that for now, he pulled out the pokeball from earlier.
    "C'mon out, Reaper! Time to meet someone new!"
    He opens it, and out comes a small, purplish black, clawed hominid with what looks to be a pair of gemstones for eyes, with several smaller ones dotting its back. It opens it's mouth to reveal sharp teeth, and Doug swears he hears a slightly gravelly voice against light, hissing laughter.
    "Greetings."
    He attaches the ball back to his belt, before looking at a greatball.
    "Eh, we're out here, why not. Go Turbo."
    He pulls it off and opens it. Out comes a gigantic skarmory, that must be 10' tall at least. on it's back is a saddle and reins. With a booming cry it regards Tony.
    "Skaaaa?" (Now what? )
    "Figured you could use a stretch too, Turbo."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-29 at 11:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

if you are ready then. Skippy, use Scald!
    the pokemon unleashes a shot of boiling water at valiant,
    how ever the attack misses

1|||||||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||V||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||||||S|[/table]

V=valiant
    S=Skippy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy (1d20)[1], Strength (2d12+16)[32]
    Last edited by ReivaxTL; 2011-11-29 at 11:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright, Valiant, that looked like a Water-type move. We'll have to watch out for that. Sandstorm will help you out!" The Larvitar focused his energy and summoned a whirling cloud of sand that filled the entire rink, exhaling with a "Lar!". Peter squinted his eyes, but only a little. He had practiced this move a lot with his teammates, and knew of its benefits. His Larvitar was a Rock-type, so not only was he immune to the abrasive winds of the dust devil, he was empowered by it. The Larvitar steps forward a short distance towards his challenger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sandstorm
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Rock
    Frequency|Battle - None
    Range|Field - No Damage
    Effect|Target Area, Weather
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|For 2 minutes (12 rounds), the area is considered Sandstorming. At the beginning of each round, all non-Ground, Rock, or Steel Type Pokemon lose 1/16th of their full HP. Rock Type Pokemon are treated as if their Special Defense is raised 2 Combat Stages while Sandstorming.[/table]
    Special Defense is now 12, Evasion is now 2. Shift to G7.
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2011-11-29 at 02:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whoa, heh."

Douglas' first thought was that... actually his first thought was one of surprise, as he hadn't expected it to be so short. But his second thought was to be a bit impressed - he'd really never seen a pokemon quite like sableye.

He had then forgotten that ghost pokemon could talk, and thus was a little startled when Reaper did just that.

But, from a breeder's eye, he was a little surprised by what he was looking at. For all of the unusual nature of the dark/ghost, enough of it looked familiar to him from a breeder's perspective. He could see what Tony meant, comparing the pokemon to a liquid, but there were none of the telltale signs that other vaguely humanish pokemon that actually weren't humanshape seemed to have. Was it a humanshape group?

It then occured to him that he was holding a pokedex still, and summarily he activated it.

Before he could respond, however, the enormous Turbo was released - and Douglas noticed Truse flinch. Right, primary-flyer types. He patted Truse on the shoulder for a moment, before squatting a bit to chat with the sableye.

"Hello there, heh. My name's Douglas - Tony told me yours is Reaper, right?"

He then paused - really noting the enormous Turbo. "Whoa - that's huge! And he looks so healthy, too."
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2011-11-29 at 05:17 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

26. - Top - End - #56

keep going, Water Pulse with all you have!

1|||||||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||V||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||||||S|[/table]

V=valiant
    S=Skippy
    Spoiler
    Show
    accuracy(1d20)[20], damage(1d10+10)[14], +12 special attack,
    Last edited by ReivaxTL; 2011-11-29 at 03:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter blinks in amazement as the giant Surskit launches a huge blast of water at his Larvitar. Valiant is knocked off his feet and sent flying backwards a few meters. He is obviously knocked out by the powerful blast. "Valiant? Are you alright? Take a rest!" He pulls out the Larvitar's Pokeball and returns the battered Pokemon. "Wow, that Surskit of yours is tough! It took out my Pokemon with one hit!"

28. - Top - End - #58

Peter blinks in amazement as the giant Surskit launches a huge blast of water at his Larvitar. Valiant is knocked off his feet and sent flying backwards a few meters. He is obviously knocked out by the powerful blast. "Valiant? Are you alright? Take a rest!" He pulls out the Larvitar's Pokeball and returns the battered Pokemon. "Wow, that Surskit of yours is tough! It took out my Pokemon with one hit!"
    whoa, I am surprised to. but If you had used a physical attack on your first turn I am sure that ower roles would have been reversed. but that guy looks like he needs healing . Come out Joy she ays as she releases a chancy and uses healing wish on on the Valiant
    Last edited by ReivaxTL; 2011-11-29 at 04:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Let's call it a lucky shot, then. Let's try this again, Valiant!" The Larvitar returns to where he received the blow, looking wary this time around. Peter is impressed that he does not seem to have a scratch on him. His brave Larvitar nods his head, expressing his determination. "Don't give up! Show them what you can do! Get closer, then use Rock Slide!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift to I8.
    Rock Slide
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Rock
    Frequency|Battle - 4
    Range|Attack - Ranged (4)
    Effect|1 Target, Column
    Damage|2d12+21
    Special Properties|Rock Slide creates a Column 4-meters wide. Rock Slide Flinches all Legal Targets on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[2]
    Damage Check: (2d12+48)[62]

Sandstorm in effect for 10 more rounds. (Surskit takes 1/16th HP damage each turn.)
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2011-11-29 at 05:16 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara watches the magikarp for a while and then gets distracted as she hears something. Glancing across the battle deck she looks over to see a cute kitty and a little rocky pokemon fighting.

She stares in shock watching it get pulverized and almost murdered and quickly starts rushing over. Luckily the Chansey heals the pokemon and Kara lets out a sigh. The pokemon was saved. She is just about to turn around when she sees the person send out the larvitar again right after.

Kara's face turns red with annoyance. This guy had nearly gotten his pokemon killed and then due to a miracle it was saved just for him to send it right back out to 'try again.'

She quickly stormed across the battle deck heading towards where the trainer was trying to figure out what she should do. In her annoyance she didn't notice her strange powers were acting up and random objects were getting thrown around as she moved across the deck.

Lots of strange looks were being given as anything below 50lbs that wasn't bolted down went flying leaving a little messy trail in her path. However, the girl didn't notice she was viewing the world in tunnel vision focused on the one trainer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay telekinesis!
    Last edited by Major; 2011-11-29 at 05:33 PM.