New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Although Peter cannot communicate with the frightened Geodude with words, he sends waves of positive emotion to the scared Pokemon. "Listen, Kara, was it? I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm getting the impression it's not good. I'm going after that guy. Maybe I can show you that I do care about Pokemon." Looking at the man up in the vents, Peter can't immediately see anything around that can help him climb up into it. Then how did he get in there? He summons a thin, flat stone from the nearby battlefield to him. Then he calls out to the minds of his Tirtouga and Roggenrola. "Chelonii, Brain, you're light enough for me to control. Step on this stone. I need you to stop that man in the vents." It takes him a moment to center himself, but he manages to lift the rock platform up to the vents. "Try to break through those bars!"

[Too much is going on to nickname this Geodude right now!
    I can use Terrakinesis to lift 80 pounds. Brain and Chelonii's combined weight is 76.1 pounds, and let's say the stone weighs 3.9 pounds.
    Brain has a Power Capability of 3, and Chelonii's is 2. Brain might also be able to use Headbutt or Tackle on the bars.

Perception roll to find a way into the vents: [roll]1d20-3[/roll]]
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-03 at 11:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You're so intent on getting into the vent, you barely notice that the grate the guy was looking through earlier was already removed. Chelonii and Brain manage to work their way into the vents, where the man has already gotten a decent way away-it seems the entrance was somewhere on the outside of the battle deck.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"Great! Now what?"
    "Fire a Flame Burst into the hole the Seviper left. Can't go back to the ground since Jormungandr will just pop back up and bite you again." Curious to see if it will work, Ambrule fires off a Flame Burst at a good sized hole.

(Add any DM fiat to the AC you feel is necesarry)
    Attack: (1d20)[14] (AC of Flame Burst is 2, plus Jormungandr's Evasion)
    Flame Burst: (2d6+39)[44] (2d6+16, plus 5 STAB, plus 18 Sp. Attack)
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Jormungandr screeches as fire covers his body, rolling to put it out. The blow leaves several burns, and the seviper is left the worse for wear.
    "Jormungandr! Do you need to stop?"
    The seviper raises it's head, staring up with his one good eye. It Screeches its defiance towards Ambrule, before digging below and away.
    "Just be careful, Jormungandr! Make it your terms!"
    (1d20)[4]
    If Screech works, Ambrule's defense goes down two combat stages. Jormungandr has dug under the arena.

{table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|||||A|||||J|
    2|||||H||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10||||||||||[/table]

H=Hole
    Tunnel is not straightforward.

Jormungandr has lost 38 HP after special defenses! Jormungandr has 17 HP left!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter starts off running, looking for the other entrance to the tunnels. He looks back over his shoulder to Kara and calls out to her, "I'm looking for another way in. See if you can't cut him off somewhere!" Did she transform or something? Before he gets too far away, he communicates telepathically with his Pokemon in the vents. "Chelonii, if it's too crowded in there, try Rolling! Brain, follow as closely as you can. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that we need to stop this guy. I'm trying to find another way in." He looks around again for the other entrance to the vents.

[Not sure if you want me to roll anything for Rollout. Feel free to roll for me if you need to. Perception Check #2: (1d20-3)[8]]
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-04 at 12:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You begin moving forward. There's no sign of him physically, but you think you hear some banging in a passage to the left.
    (Rollout is inadvisable, as the way to stop would likely be by falling down a hole. Just saying.)

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

"Nice hit! Okay, now use Confuse Ray over there." Zachariah points to a particularly disturbed area of soil (J1).

Jormungandr is now confused.

Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Once again, immediate action was met with hesitation. Douglas simply did not react quickly to events happening. Energy went flying, people were rushing in - he'd pick up on it, but it was a lot to take in at once.

Fortunately, Truse reacted before he did - the machoke moved between most of the people and his trainer. Douglas nodded to Truse, then glanced up - to see 'Peter' trying to trail a man in the vents.

There wasn't too much that Truse could do about it even if he wanted to - it was far too big. So Douglas tried to follow with his eyes where he thought the vents would lead to - the upper deck, perhaps? Better to try to figure out the ending location than to rush on after.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Uh oh...Jormungandr, relax!"
    (1d20)[2]
    Jormungandr instead crashes back out, nicking its sides a bit. It is looking pretty beat up.
    "Or not."
    The man begins limping around the ring, to be closer to his seviper.
    "Don't mind me. The next hit decides this bout. I just want to make sure no permanent damage is done."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-04 at 09:48 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara frowned as her beam didn't get anywhere close and the man disappeared into the vents before she could fire again. Hearing the guy she disliked talking to her she nodded. She might not like the guy, but if he was trying to help those pokemon she'd work with him for now.

Quickly she scanned the vents and followed them laying out a blue print of the ship in her mind. If she had her calculations correct she knew exactly where the vent would exact and with that she raced off the battle deck and towards the entrance with Tina and Star flying behind her, Alba chasing after, and Chuchu and Toga sitting on her shoulders or being held.

Spoiler
    Show

I have 22 intelligence, I can roll if you'd like, but I figured it was in character to be smart like that :P

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

"Nice job, Ambrule! Now a nice and easy last hit. Night Shade!"
    Attack: (1d20)[9] (AC of Night Shade is 2)
    Damage=25 (Ambrule's level)

Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

With the last blow, the seviper collapses, unconscious until the man pulls several items out of various pockets and applies them to wounded areas. The seviper blinks, then looks up at his trainer.
    "Good job, Jormungandr, you nearly had her."
    He stands back up with some help from the seviper, and turns to you.
    "Good match. My name's Matt. Want me to heal your litwick?"
    Ambrule floats down, and gets treated. Ambrule is at full health! Flare sniffs her, tail wagging in congratulations.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

(Before the man disappears)

Tesla conitnued to be baffled. Charmanders and Geodudes seemed to be raining from the sky. Kara did a costume change and shot a ray at rather vile looking adult man. What the hell is going on?

Once his initial shock wore off, Tesla recalled everyone but Caspar. "Caspar, Gauntlet Mode." Caspar shot into his mech arm at lightning speed. The arm started to crackle with electric energy as he walked forward. "I don't know what's going on here but I think everyone needs to calm down. I would hate this to get violent, since between her and me I doubt it will turn out well for you."

(After he leaves)

"Wait up Kara!" He chases after her, having a bad feeling.
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony looks at Doug, patting the charmander on the head.
    "Think they realize the guy said he was going to come here yet?"
    He kneels down, and lets Lil' Helper up onto a shoulder before straightening out.
    "You gonna be okay if I break the channel, little guy?"
    "Ch...charmander, char."
    "Alright then."
    The sigil glows bright before disintegrating into little wisps. The charmander is now more nervous, but still okay with being held.
    "C'mon, Doug. We should probably find Flare before things get messy."

Kara, Tesla, you both run off into the hallways. Both of you give me an Intelligence check to see how much of the ship's design you can either extrapolate or hack.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-04 at 03:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Brushing your fingers against an elevator system, Caspar is able to get a general blueprint of each floor, including primary access ports to the ventilation system. There are four on this floor, two of which are closer to the lower decks and storage, two near this floor's rooms.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter listened closely to the banging noise in the vents next to him. He's in there, alright. He followed along the noise like a cat chasing a rat in the walls.
    "Chelonii, use your best judgement on how to proceed in there. I wouldn't want you and brain falling down any holes, alright? Just be careful."
    His mind was temporarily filled with a horrifying image of sharp rotating fan blades. He shook his head to dislodge the thought.
    He sent another wave of reassuring telepathic energy to the frightened Geodude. I guess this guy doesn't really belong to anyone, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to jump into that souvenir ball of mine. Does that mean he's mine now? Peter was distracted from this train of thought by another loud bang and what sounded like muffled cursing. Good, I'm still on the trail.

[Perception Check #3 (I guess I'll keep rolling these periodically): [roll]1d20-3[/roll]]
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-04 at 06:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

"That you did. Glad that confusion hit him, or we'd have just been playing a waiting game for quite some time...we both had moments of good luck. Thank you for a great match. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go check on some things before seeing what all that commotion was all about." He shakes the man's hand, and head's back to his room. "Ambrule, let's go check on Bullet." And the egg (spoken telepathically to Ambrule). "Hey Flare, want to go see Bullet again? Or do you want to go back to your master?" Him and Ambrule and Flare return to their room to find Bullet sitting obediently by the egg, currently shifting a different towel under the egg so that it doesn't get too cold. Bullet, upon seeing Zachariah, finishes adjusting the towel and moves away from the egg. "You seem irritated, Bullet. What's up?" Bullet pulls Zachariah's knife towards him and begins stenciling letters into the carpet of the room (not damaging the floor, just making clear lines between the fibers). Eventually he has a message: NEED HATCHEr. I SMArT, BUT WANT BEST FOR Eqq (egg). FIND HATCHEr SOON. "Why can't Bullet spell or English?"
    "It's hard to make curves with a knife, like in an R or g, and short phrases are easier to make. Don't worry Bullet, I saw a few trainers who seemed to know their stuff up on deck. I'll see if one of them is a breeder and if so if they can take care of this egg for us until it hatches. By the way, I somehow always forget that despite being steel, you need to eat. I'll go find someone to take care of what is hopefully going to be the next member of the team while you go catch something to eat. I think I saw the Red Current going by here, if you want to actually hunt somthing." The Metang just looks at Zachariah. "Okay, hunting might have been a bad choice of words. And the suggestion of actually trying to eat a Magikarp. Fine, there's a buffet on the upper deck. I'm sure you could get an uncooked steak or something." The Metang hums happily at the suggestion and flies off. Zachariah wraps up the egg in the towel. "Ambrule, hold onto the other towel so that I can swap them around and keep the egg warm." The trainer, dog and candle leave the room, only to see the chaos still unfolding as they get back onto the deck. "Judgeit, this crap. Okay, Flare, can you stay here and stay close to this egg? It's very important that it stays warm until I can find it someone who actually knows what they're doing. Ambrule, if he doesn't understand me, can you tell him? I might need you otherwise I'd let you stay with it." Zachariah and Ambrule go looking for someone to ask what exactly is going on. At the same time, he sends out a thought to Bullet every thirty seconds or so until he finally feels the Metang's mind to come find them when it's done eating.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-04 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Seeing as you appeared to have nothing to go off of here, I'm continuing assuming Flare follows and nothing happened to the egg or Bullet

Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara moved in the opposite direction heading deeper into the boat. "This way guys! We gotta catch him!" She said.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

"Wow, hold on Kara. Caspar just acquired the floor plans on the ship. Give me sec to review them." He stares intently into his goggles as the images as the floor plans filled his vision. "He definitely did not go that way," he said pointing the direction Kara wanted to go. "There are four vent access sites, two are near the storage and lower decks," he points in the appropriate direction, "and two are near this floor's rooms," and again points.
    Last edited by Prospector; 2012-01-04 at 11:47 PM.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas took a deep inhale, then exhale. He was very hesitant about just walking away, but he had to admit - he was neither fast nor the best of battlers, nor as driven.

"...I suppose you're right." Maybe it was a series of misunderstandings. Douglas nodded to Tony. "Alright - where did Flare go?"

Truse shifted as the boat rocked slightly.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Come on, she has to be here somewhere."
    Still holding the charmander, he puts his other hand to his lips and gives off a shrill whistle.
    Flare's ears perk up, but she can't leave the egg.
    "Hou!"
    Nodding, Tony pointed towards the howl.
    "Just saying, though. While wanting to help is all well and good, it helps to know where you're going, first. Now, this little guy is looking for a trainer, since there are a lot of humans and his life until recently was scavenging through trash. He trusts the two of us after my little talk with him. Want a charmander? If not, he can come with me."

Zach: As you ask, you find out that apparently there was some person in the vents, who was apparently chasing a charmander and a geodude. The geodude was caught, but there's some guy walking around carrying the charmander still, while the angry magic beam tossing girl ran off. Following pointing fingers, you spot Tony and a guy with a machoke.

Pete: You head that way, and you think you see movement. Whether it's him or not, you're not sure.

Tesla and Kara: Tesla, you are unsure if you can figure out where he'll come out. If he had a map as well, yes, you could. However, if he's just going in blind, he could conceivably come out of any of them.

Pete, Kara, and Tesla, roll 1d4.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-05 at 02:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh...right, sorry." Kara said feeling a bit embarassed about going the wrong way. Her annoyance was distracting her and she needed to focus. Going through vents was slower than walking. She had time to calm down and think.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d4)[3]

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

With both of you looking at the map, you determine he probably came from the rooms and would backtrack. However, you disagree on which one's more likely. It'd be fast enough to check both for signs of access, however.
    (One of you got it right, the other wrong. Once Presence rolls, I will reveal who.)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Want a charmander? If not, he can come with me."
    Douglas smiled - he opted not to respond to the first half of Tony's statement, but he did tap the chamander gently with two fingers.

"He seems very fond of you - why break up a good thing?" He responded, before glancing up - and blinking. "Actually, isn't that Flare? I remember him being unhappy around boats - granted, as you pointed out, most fire pokemon are."

He pointed towards the unfamiliar Zachariah.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He peers over towards where Doug points, while the charmander cautiously accepts petting.
    "Yeah, that is. Oh hey, she's with my cousin, Zach! Hey, Zach!"
    He begins walking towards his cousin, and gestures to Doug.
    "C'mon, he's pretty friendly when you get to know him. Also better control of his powers than Kara, but that's probably from family support."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Since Present has rolled, off we go!)
    Pete: You are certain he headed right! Making your way through the vents, you, Chelonii, and Brain eventually find an entrance labeled cargo maintenance bay. It has been disturbed recently.
    "Who the **** are you?!"
    By a rather irate looking couple, one apparently a part of the maintenance crew, with a hostess next to them, both of which were had apparently just climbed in.
    "This is the fifth time in the past hour! Dear Arceus, why is it so hard to find a secluded spot on a ship FULL OF ROOMS?!"
    (Engineer Bob and Hostess Ana would like you to leave them alone! They sent out general anger and frustration!)

Kara and Tesla: The two of you have much better success on the other side of the boat. From outside, you come across an open hatch where Tesla thought he'd come out. Your timing is impeccable, as he has just finished clambering out.
    "Can't believe I lost them like that..."
    He turns and sees you two. He had left before you began shooting, so he doesn't recognize you two.
    "Can I help you?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

"I think my friend here wants to have word with you. Wait a sec," Tesla stares long and hard at the man. He knows him but he can't put his finger on it. It drives him crazy. "You look familiar. I've seen you in the news, now haven't I? Who are you?"

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Luthor Belfast. You probably saw my interview after buying the Safari Zone to help protect the endangered species within. Wait...Crikey, you were by the charmander and geodude! They haven't grown fond of people yet or captured, have they? They'll be impossible to introduce to their respective populations then!"
    (Congratulations, you have avoided shooting this world's version of Steve Irwin while not knowing you were shooting this world's approximate version of Steve Irwin.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-05 at 07:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, how's the cruise going? Hope you don't mind me using Flare as a makeshift heater for the egg. She just ran up to me and started following me around. I'd have let Ambrule take care of the egg, but open flames near an egg is probably a dad idea, and you guys seemed to need help so... Oh, sorry, and might I ask who your friend is here?"

Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Dear Arceus, why is it so hard to find a secluded spot on a ship FULL OF ROOMS?!"
    Peter pulls the keycard for his room out of his pocket. "Listen, this is the key to my room. I'll let you have it on one condition: I need to know if any of the people who have recently disturbed you looked particularly suspicious, or if any of them had a dark grey colored dog Pokemon or a white Pokemon with claws and a red stripe with them."