New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Acadamae - An All Arcane Pathfinder Adventure

Marcus gets up rubbing his behind, face completely red with embarrassment, then quietly returns to his seat and then lowering his head as if he was trying to disappear like the illusion. Marcus begins to wish he was in combat training and his thoughts begin to wander....
    Blarg...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

The dean stares at Ziref for a long period of time as he takes in the student's rather long answer. He even continues to stare, unmoving, for a moment after Ziref finishes speaking. After a somewhat awkward pause in which dean Falgeringer created purposefully to build tension for the class on whether his response would be positive or a giant booking, the dean finally spoke.

"Very good. I think we may have one student here that actually gets what I am trying to say. Good use of imagery, and tone." Falgeringer began walking back to his podium. As he walked back he spoke once more to Ziref, although this time without turning his head back to talk directly towards him.

"Next time, Mr. Doran, try to condense your suggestion. You may not have that much time in a crisis to get your point across." Falgeringer methodically made his way back to the podium and hopped back on top of the stool, in the slightest of childlike movements, giving the slightest betrayal of his serious nature and bringing out a tiny sliver of his gnome genes.

"So, where were we? Ah yes. Paragraph three page thirteen. Figments and Suggestions. 'Figments, the least powerful of the Illusion school, are still a great force for misdirection. They in themselves can be used to deceive a target, but if used in -" Falgeringer's words were cut short, as the right wall of the classroom burst open from a massive explosion. The students nearest the wall are thrown back from the blast, while debris showers the entire room.

Spoiler
    Show

The exploded wall sends debris flying throughout the entire room, reflex to dodge.

Rolled Reflex saves for everyone:
    Everyone failed (really bad dice rolls) exept for Ixois (oh and Erymanthos who was already basically under the table being in Letki's lap)
    Ixios and Erymanthos take no damage
    Markus takes 1 point of damage, putting him at 9
    David takes 4 points of damage, putting him at 7
    Morrighan takes 1 point of damage, taking her to 6
    Ziref takes 2 points of damage, -2 DR = 0 total, staying at 10
    Letki takes 3 points of damage, and holds on to 4

As the smoke clears, you can see in the clearing of what used to be the Hall of Lies' outer wall stood a half dozen small, twisted looking creatures. They have the body of a beautiful halfling or gnome, but their faces and and hands are twisted and distorted, most without skin, revealing a mass of horrible bloody meat. Their hands are also twisted into disgustingly long, sharp points. the points look to be deformed bone jutting out of what used to be a wrist.

The monsters rush in, stabbing the helpless and unconscious students with their bone-shanks. The students who were not knocked unconscious are fleeing from the room in terror. Falgeringer is nowhere to be found.

Spoiler
    Show

There are six little monsters, spread out across the right side of the classroom.

Initiative order goes:
    Marcus 18
    Letki 17
    David 15
    Ixios 11
    Ziref 10
    Morrighan 7
    Monsters... 6. wow.

Feel free to post your action for the first round at any time. I will translate your actions and rolls as I post for what the monsters do. Normally, I would say to please refrain from posting if you go after the monsters until I've posted what they do for their turn, but that is not really much of a problem, huh?

(Music Added)
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFYj2...eature=related
    Imagine the build up at the beginning to be the dust clearing and the figures standing there, and then when it hits is when the monsters all start rushing in and attacking
    Last edited by pyrocide; 2011-12-01 at 03:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

The chunk of debris hitting Marcus instantly snapped him out of his day dreaming and before anyone could react he had his rapier out as he went in to engage this new foe. Marcus reached within himself and channeled his arcane force into his blade, then he began chanting the words to a spell that suddenly caused his blade to strike truer as he thrusted at his opponent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    used 1 point from my spell pool and casted truestrike using spell combat thustraining making my attack at a +23
    (1d20+23)[25]
    (1d6+1)[3]
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

David: 7/11 HP, 11 AC (not wearing his armor)
    Morrighan: 6/7 HP, 13 AC (she's armored even if naked. Go eidolon nat armor!)

Luckily for David, he was not sitting on the side of the room where the WALLS EXPLODED ONTO. Unluckily, a huge chunk still hit him in head. Now with a nasty gash, he feels too dizzy to try to figure out whether this is just another illusionary test or not. The wall hitting him certainly FELT real enough.

"If this is another illusion example designed to 'teach' us, there's gonna be some complaints filed. Morrighan, Combat Mode NOW and protect the helpless!"

The summoner starts chanting something while reaching into his pouch to retrieve some powdered iron.

His guardian angel sees which students unconscious and being attack, and moves to crush their attackers. Drawing her heavy flail on the way, she swings at one of the monstrous halflings. Assuming those halflings aren't illusions, Morrighan's first swing should take one head RIGHT off!

Spoiler
    Show
    David starts casting Enlarge Person (DC16 spellcraft to ID).

When it is Morrighan's initiative, she'll draw her weapon as part of her movement, going to one of the unconscious students and attacking the enemy there.

Attack - (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[5]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2011-11-30 at 02:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

possible Crit confirm:
    Attack (1d20+4)[23]
    Crit Damage (1d10+4)[6]

Also forgot to add int eh first post that Morrighan, on her initative, as a purely aesthetic ( no game influence ), now wears a suit of leather armor over her dress (explains the +2 Nat armor bonus)
    Last edited by Frosty; 2011-11-30 at 03:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

His heart clutched by fear as the silence kept lasting, it was certainly an anti-climax to his fear to hear some praise from his teacher. Taken from the flank by that, it still resulted in a shock as he slowly dared to look up again, in amazement at what his ears had just heard. He was still embarassed by what he had said, but having gained some approval from it, he manages to sit up again and for a moment he looks at the others in his vicinity, to see how they are reacting to what he has said, especially Ixios and Lekti.

After that, he looked at the teacher to still hear some critisicm and he was right, but considering Ziref had spoken in desperation, without really thinking, he was pleased with the end result. No illusionary punishment was fine by him! Ofcourse, punishment in another form just had to happen, didn't it?

With the explosion hurling rocks around and injuring Ziref, fear was soon back on his face and he was already about to hide under the desk, though he started to consider fleeing instead. Not quite knowing what the right option is, he looks to Ixios and Lekti again, hoping that they are alright and perhaps have some direction for him as well. Without any intention to actually combat these creatures directly or indirectly, as David and Marcus were clearly willing to do, he may be directed to provide aid, however..

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lekti gives a smile towards to Ziref for the answer. She then sits back ready to take some notes. Then Erymanthos jumps from her lap to be completely under the table. Before Lekti even notices, a rock knocks into her side from the explosion.

"You could have warned me Ery. What happened? Are you two alright?" Erymanthos rubs Lekti's leg as she rubs her shoulder. Looking around the hall and seeing the monsters and all of the students around Lekti is shocked. "Why in class? And where's the teacher?" She then looks at both Ixios and Zerif. "Come on, we need to do something." Lekti moves to the closest unconscious student and casts healing hex on the student. She does her best to be out of the way of the monsters, while Erymanthos stands next to Lekti, licking at the poor victims' face

Spoiler
    Show

move to the nearest unconscious person
    healing hex (1d8+1)[7]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Finally freed from the book, Ixios let a nervous chuckle, the kid really knew how to paint a picture. "I wonder if he's a Kuthonite. Kinda sounds like one when he's not stagge-"

Something made his ears twitch. Left side. Rumbling. Coming here. Without as much as a second of thought, he fell out of his seat towards the opposite wall, landing below the row of seats as the explosion occured.

Rising up among the panicked classroom, his hand inmediately went towards to a modified grog flask he kept on his right hip; but he hesitated at noticing the extend of the damage the assault had done on the classroom. The concoction he held was was still experimental, and he wasn't going to risk becoming another liability. For now.

Instead, he focused his attention on the critters for a while. "Try to be a step ahead.", he reminded himself.

"Okay, this surprise was not cool, it's not my birthday yet!" He said with another chuckle, before switching for a more serious tone. "I feel like ripping something apart now, darn it. Situation, folks? Myself, i'm either just dirty, or dumb enough not to feel any broken rib."
    Last edited by Madmal; 2011-12-01 at 12:40 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

9. - Top - End - #39

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to get some information on the nature of the attackers:

Knowledge:Nature(1d20+7)[27]
    Knowledge:Arcana (1d20+7)[15]

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing Lekti mention how they should do something and even moves to one of the downed students to heal the person, Ziref admired her bravery, but still felt a noticeable lack of courage on his end. Not daring to get involved in the fight himself, he decides that perhaps this is the best time to put what he has learned so far to practise. And what better way then to use a spell to summon something to do the fighting instead of him? Moving to a desk near Lekti, but with the desk between Ziref and the other monsters, he starts to cast a spell.

Weaving his hands around, he lets lose some of the words he has practised before, but they are soon overtaken by the words his own mind fills in as his memories of the practise are burdened by the stress of the moment. And from his own mind come dark and heavy words, angry and chaotic. Red energy starts to swirl around his hands in entropy as he focuses the energies. In a location near the closest hostile creature similar streaks of red energy start to form and swirl errantly, coalescing in a chaotic pattern. At the center, streaks dance around eachother, grow in frequency and clash with another until from the spherical vortex of magical energy a creature bursts out in an eager leap. Dashing onward from the leap, the creature immediately sprints forward at a target in a furious and aggressive charge.

At first glance, the creature looks to be a dog, but on second glance, the difference with a normal dog is obvious. Its ragged fur is a brown-red, with glints of red skin underneath. A viscious stare out of burning red-hot eyes seek out its prey, soon followed by large fangs trying to bite down. It is agile and violent, aggressively going on the attack and growling loudly during its charge. Its figure seems to be more devious, with sharper angels, a brutal outlook and filled with aggression.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move closer to Lekti and so that a desk is between Ziref and the creatures.
    Standard Action: Summon Fiendish Riding Dog.
    It attacks the nearest enemy from Ziref and Lekti with a furious charge. (-2 AC for 1 turn.)
    Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    If hit, free trip attempt, no AoO: (1d20+3)[6]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Marcus is the first to react, and his training as a Blackguard immediately proved the validity of the teaching he has received thus far. His blade, guided by mystic power, plunged straight into the little horror. Although the monster tried to move away from the blow, the arcane force directing the attack was still able to catch the target's side. The blow was deep, but unfortunately not a vital location, and the small creature still stood, blood oozing from it's pierced flesh.

Letki follows right behind Marcus, but stopping a few yards short of the battle to tend to an unconscious student. The young kid sucked in air sharply as soon as the healing took place, his eyes opened wide. He looks around, a bit panicked, and sees Letki crouched over him. He whispers a quick word of thanks, then jumps up as quick as possible and bolts out the door.

David gets his materials together and begins shaping a spell. Morrighan looks over David for a moment to make sure he is alright before turning her attention toward the monsters.

Ixios takes a moment to survey these freakish beings. He knows from his studies that these creatures are called Sinspawn, these in particular being Lustspawn. However Ixios realizes also that Lustspawn are usually bigger than this, almost always the size of a human, or bigger.

Ziref summons a devilish looking canine to defend himself and Letki. The hound leaps forward to attack a nearby lustpsawn, but it jerks out of the way of the dog's bite at the last second.

Morrighan, now sure of David's immediate well being, moves forward to deal with the disfigured creatures. One of the little monsters spots her, and runs forward to attack. After spinning the flail a few times to get momentum, she curves the swing, arcing the flail's head in a wide downward motion. The flail connects with the top of the monster's head, caving it in instantly. the weight and momentum follows through, slamming the flail and body into the ground with a heavy wet-sounding thump.

Of the five remaining monsters, Only two happened to notice the utter destruction of their spawn-brother, and rush in to test the mettle of this new angelic foe. The ones tied up by the fiendish dog and magus do their best in fighting their attackers off. The fifth abomination, much farther toward the front of the classroom, away from the majority of the battle, continues to absentmindedly stab the one unconscious student that happened to be knocked over there.

Spoiler
    Show

5 monsters remaining. the one in front of Marcus has taken 3 damage.

Mechanical rolls time

spawn on marcus: 2 'claw' attacks
    (1d20+2)[8]
    (1d3)[1]

(1d20+2)[10]
    (1d3)[2]

spawn on summoned dog: 2 'claw' attacks
    (1d20+2)[5]
    (1d3)[3]

(1d20+2)[21]
    (1d3)[2]

Two spawn on Morrighan: 1 'claw' attack each (due to having to move first)
    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d3)[1]

(1d20+2)[6]
    (1d3)[1]

Go ahead and tell me your plans for the next round of actions.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

For those who want, here is a map of the combat. If you'd like a better visual, the "Classroom 1" in the Academy of Secrets front cover is the room we are in now.

Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
    *BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
    *s -1 6o 3c rs 0 0 6o 3c 1c 3c *s -1 40 40 rs 0 0 40 2o 40 40 *s
    @-1 40 6o rs 0 0 40 20 40 6o *s -1 50 6o rs 0 0 30 6o 50 6o *s -1
    @6o 6o rs 0 0 6o 6o 4o 6o *s -1 6o 40 rs 0 0 6o 2o 6o 40 *s -1 6o
    @6o rs 0 0 6o 6o 6o 5c *s i 81 8c rs 0 *s a 88 6w aa 0 *s a 8i 6w
    @aa 0 *s a 8s 6w aa 0 *s a 91 6w aa 0 *s a 9j 6w aa 0 *s a 9t 6w
    @aa 0 *s a a4 6w aa 0 *s a ae 6w aa 0 *s a d7 6x aa -17i *s a d7
    @77 aa -17i *s a d7 7h aa -17i *s a 8d d5 bl 0 *s a 8o d5 bl 0 *s
    @a 8z d5 bl 0 *s a 87 9t b4 -17w *s a 87 a3 b4 -17w *s a 87 ac b4
    @-17w *s -1 66 4k ns aq 0 47 3w 47 4k 67 4k 67 3w 47 3w *s -1 8e
    @26 n4 iv 0 73 2h 73 35 7j 35 8f 35 8f 2h 73 2h *s -1 6e 68 rs 0
    @0 4u 5l 4u 69 6e 69 6e 5l 4u 5l *s -1 6e 5i rs 0 0 4u 4u 4u 5i
    @6e 5i 6e 4u 6e 4u 4u 4u *s -1 7e 5g ny jr 0 5u 4s 5u 5g 7e 5g 7e
    @4s 5u 4s *s i ap dc 1to -175 *s 6 c7 6z rs 0 *s 6 dp b0 rs 0 *s
    @6 dp bn rs 0 *s 1 d5 ay rs 0 *s 6 dm 8z rs 0 *s 6 do 89 rs 0 *s
    @7 d2 91 rs 0 *s 0 d3 8a rs 0 *s 3 az ab rs 0 *s 2 ag 9n rs 0 *s
    @5 aa b0 rs 0 *s 4 bt bd rs 0 *s 8 bj 9p rs -192 *s 8 bn 70 rs
    @-192 *s 8 bt cu rs -192 *s 0 1q z rs 0 *s 1 1n 29 rs 0 *s 2 1n
    @3n rs 0 *s 3 1o 51 rs 0 *s 4 1p 6a rs 0 *s 5 1p 7o rs 0 *s -3 2i
    @y rs 0 *s -3 26 10 rs 0 *s -3 29 14 rs 0 *s -3 2e 14 rs 0 *s
    @-3 3t 16 rs 0 *s -3 46 12 rs 0 *s -3 5i 12 rs 0 *s -3 61 14
    @rs 0 *s -3 7i 1h rs 0 *s -3 24 17 rs 0 Marcus *s -3 7t 1h rs 0
    @ *s -3 7n 1g rs 0 *s -3 8x 1f rs 0 *s -3 22 2i rs 0 Morrighan *s
    @-3 9j 33 rs 0 *s -3 23 3t rs 0 Ziref *s -3 22 58 rs 0 Letki *s
    @-3 21 6l rs 0 David *s -3 24 7w rs 0 Ixios *s 7 1r 91 rs 0 *s 6
    @1p ac rs 0 *s -3 26 97 rs 0 Fiendish Dog *s -3 24 aj rs 0
    @Monsters *s 8 1n bo rs -17w *s -3 23 bt rs 0 Hurt Student
    *END 1okmvm
    Last edited by pyrocide; 2011-12-02 at 06:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Taking advantage of his opponents slower attack, Marcus seizes his advantage and quickly parries the monster then counter's with a riposte aiming for it's heart in hope of a swift kill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack roll (1d20+5)[25]
    damage (1d6+1)[4]
    Blarg...

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler
    Show
    yay for crit confirm! (1d20+5)[24]
    damage for crit (1d6+1)[2]
    Blarg...

14. - Top - End - #44

BlueKnightGuy

Erymanthos suddenly stops and looks at the new threat, but calms as the demon dog runs past them and attacks one of the monsters. Lekti turns to see Ziref was the caster of the dog. "Thanks. Hold them off. While I get another person."

Spoiler
    Show

move to another student and gives them a heal hex.
    (1d8+1)[6]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Hold them off, she said. Well, even if you take into account that he was the one who cast the spell that summoned the demonic dog, that did not mean he had any further input on what was going to happen. His eyes darting from one end of the room to the other, to Lekti and back, he let out a short stammer, though did not actually say anything.

With the violent dog lose, which was biting at its prey and target in a ravenously mad fashion, Ziref did not actually have control over it any more. Sure, it would attack their enemies and would continue to do so, seeking out the closest targets each time, but that was all there was to it. With no ability to command the creature, as he did not even know if that was possible or not, just that for sure he had not been taught about it, he had to do something else.

After a short bit of thought, he concluded that following Lekti, to ensure her healing was going well, was the best course of action.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to the vicinity of Lekti, while still trying to seek out a safer spot, like say, behind a desk.

Demonic Dog. 11/13 hp, AC 13
    Attack: (1d20+3)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    If hit, free trip attempt, no AoO: (1d20+3)[8]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

David: 7/11 HP, 11 AC (not wearing his armor)
    Morrighan: 6/7 HP, 11 AC (Enlarge Person gives net -2 AC)

David grins as he sees his faithful guardian smack down one deranged little-folk's head, causing it to explode. "Give em' a REAL scare!" he shouts as he finishes his incantation. Suddenly, Morrighan grows to about twice her normal size, and she and her Heavy Flail becomes about 8 times heavier. Her delicate body now look not-so-delicate. Oh my that's a lot of muscle mass! This is going to hurt...for the enemy. "Morrighan, give 'em Hel...hrm...bad choice of words, but get 'em!"

The summoner does not stand idle either. Picking up a broken-off desk leg as sort of a club, he gets into position to help his now-enlarged angel defeat the crazy enemies.

Morrighan is not surprised by the size increase, having practiced this with David many times before. She wishes to get through the two in front of her quickly so that he can get to those that still need protecting. Raising her flail up high, she brings it down on a gnome!

Spoiler
    Show
    David finishes casting Enlarge Person, and targets Morrighan.
    Move Action: Pick up improvised club
    Standard Action: Move to flank with Morrighan

Morrighan attacks the gnome that she and David are flanking with her Standard Action. (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage - (2d8+6)[7][2](15)

17. - Top - End - #47

"Not in the mood for chatting, huh?" Ixios mutters, as he starts mixing a number of stuff found on his belts. "Oh well. Heads up everyone! I set a bed on fire last time i used this mix!"

Without much ceremony, he launches the bomb towards the biggest concentration of the critters. Hopefully, an alarm had already been raised.

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch attack (Splash weapon):(1d20+4)[5]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Marcus parries the monster's bone stabbing attack, knocking the creature off balance and nearly turning it completely around. Then, in almost the exact same movement he quickly jabs at the monster's closest leg. The hit is solid, and to the monster's (and possibly even Marcus') surprise, the blow also managed to pierce a major artery in the back of the thing's leg. As the blade of the rapier is pulled out, dark red blood spews out from the arterial wound. Between not being able to stand on the leg, as well as rapidly losing blood, the abomination falls forward on its face, unconscious and sure to bleed out within seconds.

Lekti rushes over to an injured student near the back of the right side of the classroom. After using a hex of healing, the student wakes up, but from the blood soaked pants leg, it looks as though the student won't be hopping up and running off nearly as easily as the first.

David, after getting his super-sized spell off, runs around behind one of the monsters, distracting him long enough for Morrighan to get a good shot in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This normally would have been an AoO, but since I didn't put the map up until after you posted, let's just say the monster was too surprised at super-morrighan

Ixios lobs his fiery concoction, but it's flight is interrupted by a piece of the ceiling falling, bumping the vial off course.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to assume this was meant to hit behind the two monsters on Marcus so that it only deals damage to them, rather than to hit them directly and deal damage to party members as well. Help me out a bit next time and let me know specifically if you can.
    rolling for direction the bomb drifts
    [roll]1d8[/roll] *EDIT* I hate this dice roller. Every once in a while it just WILL NOT roll for me. So I rolled these with my actual dice. Sorry.
    1d8 = 6.
    That would put the bomb back and to the left of the direction thrown, so the bomb is actually going to land right in the just killed monster.
    Reflex saves for one monster, marcus, and the summon dog.
    Monster Ref[roll]1d20+2[/roll] 18
    Marcus Ref[roll]1d20+4[/roll] 10
    Dog Ref[roll]1d20+5[/roll] 13 (this one won't really matter due to fire resist.)
    This is against DC 13. Those who make it take only 2 damage. Failed rolls take 4. The dog takes nothing regardless due to fire resist 5.

Ziref's summoned dog is distracted by the sudden burst of fire in front of him. Not hurt, but certainly distracted. The distraction makes it look at the fire rather than its target when biting down, and the infernal canine just barely misses the monster in front of it. Ziref himself moves over to the wounded student with Letki and watches over them both as she heals the classmate.

Morrighan, infused with righteous power, brought her flail down in a powerful arc. However, the blow just barely grazed past the little terror as it dodged the massive, but somewhat slower, attack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BTW, you actually rolled a 15 total. enlarge gives you -1 to hit.

The final four monsters continue madly lashing out, stabbing at the group with their horrible little wristbone shanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

First one, the one at the top by himself gets tired of stabbing a corpse and moves down to attack Marcus.
    Attack [roll]1d20+2[/roll] 3
    Damage [roll]1d3[/roll] 2

Second one full attack on the dog
    Attack [roll]1d20+2[/roll] 18
    Attack [roll]1d20+2[/roll] 19
    Damage [roll]1d3[/roll] 3

Next one - the upper of the two against Morrighan, moves one north to get away from the flank, and full attacks Morrighan.
    Attack [roll]1d20+2[/roll] 16
    Attack [roll]1d20+2[/roll] 5
    Damage [roll]1d3[/roll] 3

The last one moves one step away from super Morrighan (still in reach though) and attacks David.
    Attack [roll]1d20+2[/roll] 14
    Attack [roll]1d20+2[/roll] 6
    Damage [roll]1d3[/roll] 1

So, health recap - of the four monsters remaining, none have taken any damage except the one in front of the dog. That one has taken two points of fire damage.

Marcus - 4 fire damage plus the 1 from the beginning puts you to 5 total.
    Letki - still at 4
    David - hit once for 2 points, with the 4 from earlier leaves 5
    Ixios - still perfect
    Ziref - nothing so far
    Morrighan - takes 2 damage, and with the 1 from the start equals 4? points remaining.

Go ahead with the next move. Map coming shortly.

Map Update:
    Spoiler
    Show

Drop this code into: http://pages.infinit.net/pdclarke/mmee/index.html
    *BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
    @aa 0 *s a a4 6w aa 0 *s a ae 6w aa 0 *s a d7 6x aa -17h *s a d7
    @77 aa -17h *s a d7 7h aa -17h *s a 8d d5 bl 0 *s a 8o d5 bl 0 *s
    @a 8z d5 bl 0 *s a 87 9t b4 -17v *s a 87 a3 b4 -17v *s a 87 ac b4
    @-17v *s -1 6a 4d ns aq 0 47 3w 47 4k 67 4k 67 3w 47 3w *s -1 8e
    @2n n4 iv 0 73 20 73 2o 7j 2o 8f 2o 8f 20 73 20 *s -1 6e 68 rs 0
    @6e 5i 6e 4u 6e 4u 4u 4u *s -1 7v 50 ny jr 0 5u 4s 5u 5g 7e 5g 7e
    @4s 5u 4s *s i ap dc 1to -174 *s 6 cy 7q rs 0 *s 6 dn ad rs 0 *s
    @6 eb bp rs 0 *s 6 dm 8z rs 0 *s 7 d2 91 rs 0 *s 0 d3 8a rs 0 *s
    @3 b2 cy rs 0 *s 2 ad ce rs 0 *s 5 aa b0 rs 0 *s 4 ec ay rs 0 *s
    @8 bn 70 rs -191 *s 8 bp cw rs -191 *s 0 1q z rs 0 *s 1 1n 29 rs
    @0 *s 2 1n 3n rs 0 *s 3 1o 51 rs 0 *s 4 1p 6a rs 0 *s 5 1p 7o rs
    @0 *s -3 2i y rs 0 *s -3 26 10 rs 0 *s -3 29 14 rs 0 *s -3 2e
    @14 rs 0 *s -3 3t 16 rs 0 *s -3 46 12 rs 0 *s -3 5i 12 rs 0 *s
    @-3 61 14 rs 0 *s -3 7i 1h rs 0 *s -3 24 17 rs 0 Marcus *s -3
    @7t 1h rs 0 *s -3 7n 1g rs 0 *s -3 8x 1f rs 0 *s -3 22 2i rs 0
    @Morrighan *s -3 9j 33 rs 0 *s -3 23 3t rs 0 Ziref *s -3 22 58
    @rs 0 Letki *s -3 21 6l rs 0 David *s -3 24 7w rs 0 Ixios *s 7 1r
    @91 rs 0 *s 6 1p ac rs 0 *s -3 26 97 rs 0 Fiendish Dog *s -3 24
    @aj rs 0 Monsters *s 8 1n bo rs -17v *s -3 23 bt rs 0 Hurt
    @Student *s c dn 8e yq 0 *s c 1o d3 rs 0 *s -3 25 d5 rs 0 *s -3
    @25 d6 rs 0 Bomb Explosion Spot *s -3 66 4k rs 0 *s -3 4o cn rs
    @0 *s -3 5f ax rs 0 *s 1 cu ba 1v5 0
    *END -5awbue
    Last edited by pyrocide; 2011-12-03 at 08:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocide View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    BTW, you actually rolled a 15 total. enlarge gives you -1 to hit.
    Actually, the +2 Str from Enlarge Person gives a +1 to hit, cancelling out the -1 to hit, so the result was still a 16. Does that let Morrighan hit?

20. - Top - End - #50

Watching his opponent fall in front of him, Marcus experiences a rush of adrenaline but it is short lived for suddenly he feels an incredibly burning sensation that cause him to cry out in pain. This dulls his sense momentarily and allows one of the fiends to slip next to him undetected but his lapse in concentration did not cloud his battle prowess. His time spent in training allowed him to easily dodge the new comers clumsy strike and now filled with fury, Marcus redoubling his efforts launches a savage counter attack. First using the skills he learned with the black guard he summons lightning into his fist and touches the creature, then quickly follows up a thrust with his rapier.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack roll sword (1d20+3)[6]
    damage (1d6+1)[2]
    shocking grasp touch attack (1d20+4)[13]
    damage (1d6)[3]
    Blarg...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

OOC Rules cleanup:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Actually, the +2 Str from Enlarge Person gives a +1 to hit, cancelling out the -1 to hit, so the result was still a 16. Does that let Morrighan hit?

**** you're right, my bad. She still missed. Very close though.

While we're clearing up rules misunderstandings, How does Morrighan have 7 hp?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    She has 13 Con and a d10 HD. I alternate between rounding up and rounding down for HP, so and a d10 average is 6. 6 + 1 = 7 max HP.

These little buggers are very hard to hit. Time for some Aid Anothers.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Hmm... Yeah ok that makes sense. Not technically RAW but that is a closer step toward average than how it's written, and I am all for the rules as intended rather than the exact written word. Average means average, so yeah that's cool.

Zweanslord, feel free to do the same with your eidolon

Last edited by pyrocide; 2011-12-03 at 11:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

BlueKnightGuy

Lekti looks at the now living person for a moment "Sorry but there is another person out cold. You will live and if you can throw attacks at those things." Lekti points towards the creatures.

After issuing the command Lekti runs up to the remaining unconscious student and begins to heal him.

Spoiler
    Show

I am unsure if it will take only a single move action or two move actions to get up to the last student. If it is only a single move action then I will heal the person.
    (1d8+1)[3]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

David: 5/11 HP, 11 AC (not wearing his armor)
    Morrighan: 4/7 HP, 11 AC, Effects: Enlarge Person (9 rounds left)

David gets scratched DEEP by the "hands" of one of the deranged gnomes. Seeing just how agile these buggers are, he knows he needs to really coordinate with Morrighan to take them down and protect the others. He quickly steps into position.

Brandishing his club dangerously, the student tries to distract the gnome. "Hey you! Did you have to work hard to look like this or were you always this ugly of a garden gnome?"

Morrighan gasps, not because she took a hit, but because her master got hit. Panicked thoughts fly through her head. "Oh goddess! If David is killed I will be banished from Celestia forever! I must defeat the enemies quickly." After stepping in herself, she performs a horizontal swing aimed at the gnome's small head. If done correctly, the head could become a baseball. Or it could just splatter into tiny pieces of gore like what happens in World's Deadliest Warrior.

Spoiler
    Show
    David 5-foot steps to the South East to flank a gnome with Morrighan. He uses Aid Another to distract the gnome and give Morrighan a better chance at hitting. Needs to get a 10 on the Aid Another to give Morrighan a +2 to hit.

Aid Another - (1d20+2)[12]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2011-12-04 at 03:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Morrighan's actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Morrighan is 10 ft away and while she is within range already, to be closer to David she 5-foot steps to the East before attacking, taking advantage of the distraction given by David.

Attack - (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage - (2d8+6)[8][8](22)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Ziref starts to question if this really is the wisest thing to do, to just keep rushing on, but he gets dragged along by the situation and he follows Lekti once more, trying to seek out a spot where he can stick in safety.

Meanwhile, the fiendish dog Ziref summoned just got more angry from missing so far and being distracted. Growling as he snaps with its strong jaws at its foe before it, trying to get its teeth lodged into it with fury.

Spoiler
    Show
    6/13 hp. AC 13
    Attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8]
    Trip without AoO if hit: (1d20+3)[9]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for Ixios' melee attack, as requested move for his rounds during his test times.
    Club Attack:
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d6)[5]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Marcus spins around to face the monster behind him, preparing to unleash an arcane current of electrical energy into his foe. This does give an opening on which the monsters near him use to attempt an attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

lustspawn north:
    (1d20+2)[17]
    (1d3)[2]

lustspawn southseast:
    (1d20+2)[5]
    (1d3)[1]

Marcus reaches out and grabs the monster he turned to face, and blue-white sparks surge across the creature. It recoils from the attack, unfortunately recoiling too far, making Marcus' rapier thrust fall short.

Letki runs from where she stood to the other end of the room, stopping at what looks to be the final injured student in the class. He's not breathing, and has a gaping wound in his chest. You fear you may have gotten to this one a moment too late.
    (Yeah, it was just out of your normal move distance, so you'll have to heal next turn. If you hit the "Cycle Grid" button on the map maker, it'll show you the squares on the map.)

David gets the attention of the lustspawn, making the creature turn to face him and Morrighan sideways, so it could still see both of its targets.

Ixios, worried about another bad bomb lob, runs into combat alongside the infernal dog and swings at the lustspawn with his club. Unfortunately, the little monsters are much more agile than he had anticipated, and moved out of the way of his club attack.

The infernal dog tried again to bite at the monster, but the tough skin of the lustspawn proved to be very hard to bite into. Ziref continues to move with Letki, making sure to watch for anything trying to get past the front line.

Morrighan, taking the cue from David's flanking-distraction maneuver, stepped up and with a mighty horizontal swing decapitated the lustpsawn between herself and David. the mush and fragments of what used to be the thing's skull went flying across the already bloody battlefield, splattering the other lustpawn, Ixios, and the devil dog all with bits of gore.

The previously healed student, whose name was Tabatha but nearly everyone knew her as Tricksy, sat up enough to see the battle. She was a decent illusionist, though she was certainly not at her best that moment. Still, she managed to pull herself together enough to cast something.
    (DC 16 to to tell which)

Suddenly, much like in the manner Ziref's dog appeared, another infernal-looking mongrel jumped into being, this time from behind the lustspawn the first dog was fighting. This dog did not charge in to attack, but instead stopped short while staring, flashing its dangerous yellowed teeth, and looking like it was about to pounce. This caught the lustspawn off guard, having to turn and watch for attacks on both sides.

The little horrors continue to mindlessly slash and stab at anything within reach. It looks like these things are senseless, because even though they are outnumbered now and dropping like flies, they continue to fight on without a hint of fear.

Spoiler
    Show

The northmost lustspawn continues its attack on Marcus
    (1d20+2)[4]
    (1d3)[2]

(1d20+2)[19]
    (1d3)[2]

The next one down attempts to dispatch the dog
    (1d20+2)[8]
    (1d3)[3]

(1d20+2)[15]
    (1d3)[3]

The final monster attacks the super-sized Morrighan
    (1d20+2)[16]
    (1d3)[1]

(1d20+2)[11]
    (1d3)[2]

Map update:
    Spoiler
    Show

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
    @aa 0 *s a a4 6w aa 0 *s a ae 6w aa 0 *s a d7 6x aa -17g *s a d7
    @77 aa -17g *s a d7 7h aa -17g *s a 8d d5 bl 0 *s a 8o d5 bl 0 *s
    @a 8z d5 bl 0 *s a 87 9t b4 -17u *s a 87 a3 b4 -17u *s a 87 ac b4
    @-17u *s -1 68 4g ns aq 0 49 3t 49 4h 69 4h 69 3t 49 3t *s -1 8e
    @2n n4 iv 0 73 20 73 2o 7j 2o 8f 2o 8f 20 73 20 *s -1 6e 68 rs 0
    @6e 5i 6e 4u 6e 4u 4u 4u *s -1 7m 58 ny jr 0 63 4k 63 58 7n 58 7n
    @4k 63 4k *s i ap dc 1to -173 *s 6 cy 7q rs 0 *s 6 dn ad rs 0 *s
    @6 dm 8z rs 0 *s 7 d2 91 rs 0 *s 0 d3 8a rs 0 *s 3 b2 71 rs 0 *s
    @2 bo 7o rs 0 *s 5 d3 9n rs 0 *s 4 f1 bo rs 0 *s 8 bn 70 rs -190 *s
    @0 1q z rs 0 *s 1 1n 29 rs 0 *s 2 1n 3n rs 0 *s 3 1o 51 rs 0 *s 4
    @1p 6a rs 0 *s 5 1p 7o rs 0 *s -3 2i y rs 0 *s -3 26 10 rs 0 *s
    @-3 29 14 rs 0 *s -3 2e 14 rs 0 *s -3 3t 16 rs 0 *s -3 46 12
    @rs 0 *s -3 5i 12 rs 0 *s -3 61 14 rs 0 *s -3 7i 1h rs 0 *s
    @-3 24 17 rs 0 Marcus *s -3 7t 1h rs 0 *s -3 7n 1g rs 0 *s -3
    @8x 1f rs 0 *s -3 22 2i rs 0 Morrighan *s -3 9j 33 rs 0 *s -3
    @23 3t rs 0 Ziref *s -3 22 58 rs 0 Letki *s -3 21 6l rs 0 David *s
    @-3 24 7w rs 0 Ixios *s 7 1r 91 rs 0 *s 6 1p ac rs 0 *s -3 26 97
    @rs 0 Fiendish Dog *s -3 24 aj rs 0 Monsters *s 8 1n bo rs -17u *s
    @-3 23 bt rs 0 Hurt Student *s -3 25 d5 rs 0 *s -3 66 4k rs 0 *s
    @-3 4o cn rs 0 *s -3 5f ax rs 0 *s 1 dj bb 1v5 0 *s 7 ee 90 rs
    @0 *s 8 bq cx rs -jn *s 8 1p d1 rs -j9 *s -3 2c d2 rs 0 *s -3 26
    @d6 rs 0 Tricksy *s -3 4j bv rs 0
    *END 2icilm

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Some combat checks and things:
    Spoiler
    Show

One lustspawn hit during marcus' casting, so here's the concentration check to still get the spell off:
    (1d20+3)[23]
    DC is 13. If it makes it, no change to the description above. If failed, the spell dissipates and is lost.

Ok, so, in that round, Marcus took 4 altogether, bringing him down to 1. Medic?
    The dog takes another 3, which on top of the 5 from last round, and the 2 from the round before, the dog is left with 3.
    Morrighan takes another 1, putting her down to 3 remaining.
    letki still at 4
    david still at 5
    Ixios still no damage
    Ziref also no damage

The monsters that still remain:
    north of Morrighan - taken no damage yet
    between the dogs - taken 2 damage
    north of Marcus - taken 3 damage, unless the concentration check above fails, then no damage yet.

That should be everyone. Go ahead with the next round.