New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Legend of Zelda Rules Compendium (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
    Uh, shouldn't that be AC:17? They have a +3 Dex modifier not +4.
    Right you are! Thanks for point that out. Dunno why I missed it.
    Calumon Avatar courtesy of Akrim.elf

Pathfinder Legend of Zelda Races

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Legend of Zelda Races (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Machinekng View Post
    Clawshot/Hookshot

(image clipped for space)

Light Weapon; Cost: 150gp; DMG (S): 1d2; DMG (S): 1d3; Range: 30ft.; Weight: 2lb.; Type: B; Specal: Nonlethal, and (see below)

Clawshots and Hookshots can be used to pull enemies toward the wielder and vice-versa.To use this fuction, make a Combat Manuever Check against a target within an unobstructed line. If sucessful, the target is pulled adjacent to the user if it is of an equal or smaller size category, or the user is pulled adjaecnt to the target if the target is of a larger size category. The creature or object pulled travels the shortest possible route to be adjacent to the target.

Clawshots and Hook shots also give a +5 bonus to Climb.

On a side note, maybe this thread should be relabeled as a rules compendium.

Also, since my Zombie campaign fell through, I will have the recruitment thread up for a Zelda campaign up soon, hopefully tonight.
    Is the maneuver to use this in place of a melee attack or is it a standard action all its own. I just wonder cus someone could use it as part of a full attack if it was listed as in place of an attack. Which would be rather powerful.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2011-12-31 at 05:03 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Is the maneuver to use this in place of a melee attack or is it a standard action all its own. I just wonder cus someone could use it as part of a full attack if it was listed as in place of an attack. Which would be rather powerful.
    I think that all manuevers are standard actions.

If not, I'll add the clarifyig clause.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

... I wanna play a Sheikan Ninja. >>

You guys are mean.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

In celebration of the new year, and in preparation for my upcoming zelda campaign, I plan to pull an all-nighter generating legend of zelda content.

If anyone has any requests, post them at any time.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

What About The Ball And Chain?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    What About The Ball And Chain?
    Will do.
    I'll be adding the queue to my signature.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Armos

Armos CR 3
    XP 800
    LE Medium Construct
    Init +0; Senses Darkvision 60 ft.,Low-light vision; Perception +9

DEFENSE
    AC 17, Touch 9, Flat-footed 17 (+8 Natural Armor, -1 Dex)
    Hp 36 (3d10+20);
    Fort +1, Ref +0,Will +2
    DR 10/Adamantine, DR 5/- Immune construct traits, SR 15

OFFENSE
    Speed 20 ft.
    Melee Slam +7 (1d8+4)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

STATISTICS
    Str 19, Dex 8, Con -, Int -, Wis 13, Cha 1
    Base Atk +3; CMB +7; CMD 17
    Feats: -
    Skills: Perception +9
    Racial Modfiers: Perception +8
    Languages: -

Weak Point
    If an Armos is flanked, it loses its Damage Reduction against the flanker of its choice. The Armos may change this choice as a swift action. An Armos's damage reduction does not apply against critical hits.

Generic Design
    An Armos gains a +8 racial bonus to Disguise checks made to seem to be a normal statue.

Stable Base
    An Armos receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt.

Retributive Explosion
    When an Armos is destroyed, it explodes, dealing 2d6 damage to all creatures in a 10ft. radius (Reflex Halves, DC 10)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Ball and Chain

Exotic Two Handed Melee Weapon
    Cost 100gp; Dmg (S) 1d8; Dmg (M) 1d10; Critical x3; Range -; Weight 20lb.; Type Bludgeoning; Special Reach, Special (see below)

A Ball and Chain can be continously swung, provding defensive advantages for its wielder. The Ball and Chain's wielder can begin to swing the Ball and Chain as a Full-Round action, and must spend a standard action to continue to swing it for the round. While the wielder is swinging the Ball and Chain, he gains a +2 bonus to AC, and takes a -4 penalty to attack. The wielder must make attacks of oppurtunity against any creature that enters or leaves the wielder's threatened area. These attacks of oppurtunity do not count against a character's normal alotment of attacks of oppurtunity, and the wielder may not choose to deal nonlethal damage with them. The only way to stop swinging the Ball and Chain on a turn other than the wielder's is to let go of it, which throws the Ball and Chain 10ft. in the direction of the wielder's choice. If thrown towards a specific target, treat the Ball and Chain as a thrown splash weapon that does not deal splash damage.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

The Spinner and the Dominion rod would be really neat to see. Though bombs that aren't tied to the Alchemist class would get priority in my book.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    The Spinner and the Dominion rod would be really neat to see. Though bombs that aren't tied to the Alchemist class would get priority in my book.
    I had an idea for a Bomb feat similiar to Amatuer Gunslinger, and for a Master Bombardier PrC to complement the Master Chymst.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Those would both be awesome, keep up the great work!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

They arent, if you look some replace an attack action some are just standard actions. If they replace an attack then they can be used as part of an attack action. Its specifically here.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Lizalfos

A brutal lizard-like humanoid, Lizalfos live in the caverns and crags of the mountains that border Hyrule. Lizalfo tend to hunt and live together in mated pairs, and tend to flank their prey.

Lizalfos Racial Traits:
    Medium Humanoid (Reptilian Subtype)

Base Land Speed: 30 ft
    +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: Lizalfos are physically capable all-around, but are ferocious and sometimes foolhardy.
    Natural Weapons: Lizalfos possess natural claw attacks that inflict 1d4points of damage on a successful hit. This is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the lizalfos wields a manufactured weapon.
    Natural Armor: Due to their scaly hides, Lizalfos recieve a +3 natural armor bonus.
    Versatile Tail: A Lizalfos may attach specially made weapons to its tail and use them in combat. Any weapon made this way must be a light or a one-handed melee weapon.
    Quick Footed: Lizalfos recieve a +4 racial bonus on acrobatics checks.
    Tactical Flanker Lizalfos gain a +4 bonus to attack while flanking instead of a +2 bonus.
    Darkvision 60ft.
    Languages: Moblin, Bonus Languages: Ignan, Terran, Gor, Gerudium, Draconic, Hylian

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Poe

Poe CR 4
    XP 1,200
    CE Small Undead (Incorpreal)
    Init +7; Senses Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7

DEFENSE
    AC 17, Touch 17, Flat-footed 14 (+3 Deflection, +3 Dex, +1 Size)
    Hp 45 (5d8+23);
    Fort +5, Ref +4,Will +4
    Defensive Abilities incorporeal, channel resistance +2;
    Immune undead traits,
    OFFENSE
    Speed fly 30 ft. (perfect)
    Melee Spectral Lantern +7 (2d6 Fire + 1d3 Wis)
    Ranged Range 10ft. Spectral Lantern +7 (2d6 Fire + 1d3 Wis)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attack Possesion

STATISTICS
    Str -, Dex 17, Con -, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 17
    Base Atk +3; CMB +7; CMD 17
    Feats: Iron Will, Improved Initiative, Toughness
    Skills: Perception +7, Stealth +11, Fly +11
    Languages: Hylian
    Special Qualities: Light Vulnerablity

Possesion (Su)
    A Poe can attempt to possess a living creature as a standard action. If successful, the Poe inhabits the target's body for 1d4 rounds. While the target is possessed, it is confused. (Will negates, DC 15)

Light Vulnerablity
    When in an area of bright light, a poe loses the incorpreal subtype and its fly speed and gains a strength score of 6 and a land speed of 20ft.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Dominion/Song of Command

School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting];
    Level Bard 3; Sorcerer/Wizard 4

CASTING
    Casting Time 1 Full-round action
    Components V, S

EFFECT
    Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target see description
    Duration Concentration
    Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

DESCRIPTION
    This spell has two fuctions.

The first function of the spell is to directly command an ally, as if he/she was a puppet. This functions as Dominate Person, except that the target must be willing and can terminate the effect as a free action. The affected ally may use your skill bonuses when making skill checks when under the efects of Dominion/Song of Command.

The second function is to give motor functions to a piece of statuary. The statuary, if not affixed to a solid surface, gains a land speed of 20ft. If the statuary has moving parts, you may activate them at-will, once per round.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Dominion Rod

Aura moderate enchament; CL 9th

Slot none; Price 94,500gp; Weight 5 lbs.

Description: This rod was created by the Oocca as a tool to interface with their machines. The wielder can use the rod to duplicate the effects of the second function of Dominion/Song of Command. To maintain this effect, the wielder must spend a standard action each round. Only one statue may be under the effects of the Dominion rod at one time.

Construction Requirements Craft Rod, Dominion/Song of Command; Cost 47,250gp

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Spinner

Cost 500gp; Weight 25bs.

The spinner is a peculiar device, and provides several functions.

The first is to interface with certain types of ancient machinery. When used in this manner, the spinner grants a +2 bonus to Disable Device when interfacing with such machinery.

The second function is to easily travel over certain surfaces. A character can ride a spinner, and while doing so, is unaffected by sifting or slick surfaces. The rider's land speed drops by 10ft. and recieves a +2 bonus to CMD against Trip attempts while riding a spinner. If the rider is attacked while riding, he/she must make a DC 15 Acrobatics check or be knocked off the spinner.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Bombs

Martial (One-Handed) Ranged Weapons Cost 25gp; Dmg (S) 1d6; Dmg (M) 1d6; Critical x2; Range 20ft.; Weight 1lb. Type Special; Special (see below)

Thrown bombs use the Throw Splash Weapon special attack. On a direct hit, bombs inflict 1d6 points of fire damage. Splash damage from a bomb is always equal to the bomb’s minimum damage. Those caught in the splash damage can attempt a Reflex save for half damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + the thrower’s Dexerity modifier.

Amateur Bombardier (Combat)
    Although you are not a alchemist, you can caft and throw bombs.

Prerequisite: Throw Anything. You have no levels in a class that has the bomb class feature.

Benefit: You may craft a number of alchemist's bombs per day as an alchemist of 1/2 your class level, and your bombs do damage as an alchemist of a 1/4 of your class level. In all other ways, these bombs function as bomb class feature describes, including that youmay add your Itelligence modifier to damage.

Special: If you gain levels in a class that grants the bomb class feature, you can immediately trade this feat for the Extra Bombs feat.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

MASTER BOMBARDIER

While Master Chymists focus on crafting their mutagens, Bombardiers focus on the other aspect of the Alchemist, that of crafting and using explosives.Master Bombardiers learn not only to craft superior bombs, but to how these bombs in combat more effectively.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Skills: Craft (Alchemy) 5
    Feats: Weapon Focus (Bombs),Throw Anything
    Special: Bomb (3d6) Class feature, Explosive Bomb discovery

Class Skills

The Master Bombardier's class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Engineering), Perception (Wis)

Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Extracts per Day

1st|
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +0
    |Bomb User, Throwing Arm, Bomb +1d6|+1 Level of Alchemist

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +0
    |Bomb Skill, Bomb +1d6|-

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    |Fast Bombs| +1 Level of Alchemist

4th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    |Bomb Skill, Bomb +1d6| +1 Level of Alchemist

5th|
    +5
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    |Bomb +1d6, Explosive Admixture| -

6th|
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    |Bomb Skill| +1 Level of Alchemist

7th|
    +7
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +2
    |Bomb +1d6, Extra Bombs|+1 Level of Alchemist

8th|
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +3
    |Bomb Skill, Bomb +1d6| +1 Level of Alchemist

9th|
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +3
    |Complex Admixture| -

10th|
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +3
    |Bomb +1d6, Bomb Skill, Omega Bomb| +1 Level of Alchemist[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: All Simple Weapons, Bombs

Bomb User (Ex)
    A Master Bombardier may craft a number of bombs per day equal to an Alchemist of his character level. A Master Bombardier's class level stacks with his alchemist level for determining save DCs for his bombs.

Extracts per Day
    At the indicated levels, a master bombardier gains new extracts per day as if he had also gained a level in alchemist. He does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for extracts per day and an increased effective caster level for extracts.

Throwing Arm
    At 1st level, a Master Bombardier's bomb range increase to 30ft.

Bomb
    At 1st level, a Master Bombardier's alchemist bombs do an additional 1d6 damage. At 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, and 10th level, this damage increases by another 1d6.

Bomb Skill
    At 2nd level, and then again every 2 levels thereafter, an Master Bombardier gains a talent that improves his bombs. Unless otherwise noted, a Master Bombardier cannot select an individual bomb skill more than once, nor select a Bomb skill that shares a name with a discovery he possesses , and vise versa. Some discoveries can only be made if the Master Bombardier has met certain prerequisites first, such as uncovering other bomb skills. Bomb skills that modify bombs that are marked with an asterisk (*) do not stack. Only one such bomb skill can be applied to an individual bomb.

The following Bomb skills are dervied from the discovery list. Refer here for specific bomb skill functions.

Bomb Skills- Prerequisites- Benefits
    Acid Bomb* - Deal acid damage with your bombs APG
    Blinding Bomb*- Master Bombardier 4- Blind enemies with your bombs
    Breath Weapon Bomb* - You can use a bomb as a breath weapon Concussive Bomb* Deal sonic damage with your bombs
    Confusion Bomb* -Master Bombardier 4- Cause confusion with your bombs Delayed Bomb -You can choose to delay the explosion of your bombs
    Dispelling Bomb - Dispel magic with your bombs
    Explosive Bomb* - Your bombs gain an increased area of effect
    Explosive Missile - Infuse a piece of ammunition with a bomb
    Fast Bombs - You can throw multiple bombs in a round
    Force Bomb* - Deal force damage with your bombs
    Frost Bomb* - Deal cold damage with your bombs
    Immolation Bomb* - Deal damage over time with your bombs
    Inferno Bomb* -Master Bombardier 8- smoke bomb Create an incendiary cloud effect with your bombs
    Madness Bomb -Master Bombardier 6- Deal Wisdom damage with your bombs
    Plague Bomb*-Master Bombardier 4- smoke bomb Duplicate the effects of contagion with your bombs.
    Poison Bomb*-Master Bombardier 6- smoke bomb Duplicate the effects of cloudkill with your bombs.
    Precise Bombs - Choose which squares are missed by your bomb's splash damage
    Shock Bomb* - Deal electricity damage with your bombs APG
    Siege Bomb* -Master Bombardier 6- explosive bomb Deal bomb damage with siege weapons
    Smoke Bomb* - Create a fog cloud effect with your bombs
    Sticky Bomb -Master Bombardier 4- Deal splash damage one extra round
    Sticky Poison Alchemist 6 Poison applied to a weapon lasts longer
    Stink Bomb*- Smoke bomb Create a stinking cloud effect with your bombs Strafe Bomb (Su) - Your bomb splash damage affects a line
    Sunlight Bomb*--Master Bombardier 4- blinding bomb Create a bright sunlight effect with your bombs.
    Tanglefoot Bomb*- Entangle foes with your bombs.

Original
    Aquatic Bombs* (Ex)
    Benefit: When the Master Bombardier creates a bomb, he can choose to have it be an aquatic bomb. Aquatic bombs explode underwater and deal full damage. Unlike regular thrown weapons, aquatic bombs are unaffected by water.

Bombchu* (Ex)
    Benefit: When the Master Bombardier creates a bomb, he can choose to have it be a bombchu. Bombchus are not thrown, but rather move up to 50ft. from the Master Bombardier's space and then explode. Bombchus can move into a creature's square, but if it does so, it explodes immediately. Bombchus do not provoke attacks of oppurtunity.

Double Bomb Thrower (Ex)
    Benefit: As a full-attack action, a master Bombardier may prepare 2 bombs and throw 1 with each hand. Normal Two-Weapon Fighting penalties aply. A Master Bombardier's bombs are considered light weapons.

Stable Bomb* (Ex)
    Benefit: When the Master Bombardier creates a bomb, he can choose to have it be a stable bomb. Stable bombs, unlike regular bombs, do not become inert if the Master Bombardier chooses not to throw them, and can be used by creature other than the Master Bombardier. When stable bombs are thrown, they explode regularly. A stable bomb become inert after 1 minute, but the Master Bombardier, when creating the stable bomb, can reduce this duration as he pleases.

An alchemist with Master Bombardier levels may select a Bomb Skill as a Discovery.

Fast Bombs
    At 3rd level, you recieve the Fast Bombs bomb skil. If you already possess the Fast Bomb bomb skill or discovery, you may instead select a Bomb Skill of your choice.

Explosive Admixture (Ex)
    At 5th level, when applying a bomb skill or a discovery marked with an asterisk to a bomb, you may apply one additional bomb skill or a discovery marked with an asterisk.

Extra Bombs
    At 7th level, you gain Extra Bombs as a bonus feat.

Complex Admixture
    At 9th level, when applying a bomb skill or a discovery marked with an asterisk to a bomb, you may apply two additional bomb skill or a discovery marked with an asterisk. This ability superseeds the Explosive Admixture Class feature.

Omega Bomb (Ex)
    Once per day, you can create a devastating Omega Bomb as a full round action. For each remaining use of your bomb class feature you expend, the Omega Bomb deals 10 points of damage, and you may apply one bomb skill or a discovery marked with an asterisk to a the omega bomb per use expended. An Omega bomb has a radius of 5ft., and the radius increases by an additional 5ft. for every 2 uses expended. An Omega bomb deals full damage to all creatures and objects in its radius (Reflex halves). An Omega bomb may not be thrown, but rather is placed in the Master Bombardier's space, and explodes in 2d4 rounds. If an Omega bomb is attacked, it explodes immediately.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Typo: the Armos's Weak Point quality mentions Damage Resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Typo: the Armos's Weak Point quality mentions Damage Resistance.
    Thank you.

I made alot of this while I was drowsy, so critque all you wish.

23. - Top - End - #113

Holy cow. I am gone for a few days, and look at all the stuff that shows up.

Let me edit all the links into the first post.

(Anycase, I got the thread title changed, so that is neat.)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

I figured i would take a crack at this.

The Deku Nut

Cost
    1 gold
    Weight 1/10 of a pound

These nuts often found in the corpses of deku babas brightly explode when thrown or struck. When a deku nut explodes all creatures within ten feet must make a dc 10 fortitude save or be dazzled. The nuts also has a second purpose, when a creature uses the nut in there own square it provides the ability to make a stealth check to hide when one would otherwise not be allowed. as long as the user is within one move increment of cover that would normally allow a check. Every time this effect is used in front of the same person or group of persons they gain a cumulative +5 bonus to perception checks to spot the user of the deku nut.

I feel like i didn't quite make that as clear as i wanted to, so if anyone has any idea what i was meaning to say and can help me clarify and balance it a little i would be much obliged. Also im working on deku babas to go with it if anyone has ideas to go with those.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2012-01-04 at 12:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Dazzled is a horrible condition.

Blinded or stunned. Heck, make it stun on a failed saved and blind anyway.

26. - Top - End - #116

Also, here is a shrunken down version of the deku nut image, so you can show it without the spoiler text.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I went back to my monsters, and using the monster creation rules from my new handy-dandy bestiary, I revised them.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Dazzled is a horrible condition.

Blinded or stunned. Heck, make it stun on a failed saved and blind anyway.
    Honestly i did dazzled cus i didn't want it to become toooooooo good. The real use of it is the hide check. I suppose i could move it up to dazed, but that would be the most that would feel appropriate.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I know this thread's been left alone for a while, but I only just started getting into Pathfinder and came across this. I love the Zelda races presented here, but the lack of Twili bothered me (yes, I know Nintendo hasn't given us nearly enough information about the Twili to do this). So I used the Advanced Race Guide to try and shape a standard race for them. Presented below for your review and comments.

Twili

Inhabitants of the Twilight Realm, Twili are taller and more slender than the average Hylian, and their pale blue skin and bright blond or orange hair gives them an otherworldly feel. Exiled to the Twilight Realm long ago, the Twili have evolved and grown to love their new home. Their magical blood makes them excellent sorcerers.

Twili Racial Traits:
    Medium Fey (Extraplanar subtype): Whatever the Twili's ancestors were, the Twili's exposure to Twilight has changed them in odd ways.
    Base Speed: 30 feet.
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength: Descended from sorcerers and infused with the otherworldly grace of twilight, Twili are nimble and charismatic. However, their bodies have become weaker due to the ethereal nature of twilight.
    Low-light Vision: Twili see twice as far as Hylians in areas of dim light.
    Darkvision 60 ft: Twili can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
    Shadow Resistance: Twili have incorporated some of the essence of shadows and twilight into their being, giving them cold resistance 5 and electricity resistance 5.
    Shadow Blending: In dim lighting, an attack against a Twili has a 50% chance of missing instead of 20%. This does not grant a Twili total concealment in dim lighting; a Twili's shadowy form just increases the miss chance.
    Twilit Magic: Twili add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against spells of the shadow subschool that they cast. Twili with a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—mage hand, pass without trace, ventriloquism. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the user’s character level.
    Vulnerable to Sunlight: The Twili's adaptations to the Twilight Realm have rendered them unable to live in the sunlight. For every hour a Twili is in open sunlight, he suffers 1 point of Constitution damage. Hours spent in dim lighting or twilight do not count. (Twili who wish to adventure outside the Twilight Realm often must wait and save in order to afford a cloak of twilight, described below. At GM's discretion, some powerful supernatural light effects may deal Constitution damage to the Twili.)
    Languages: Twilik. Bonus Languages: Hylian, Celestial, Infernal, Draconic.

Magic Item: Cloak of Twilight
    Aura faint evocation; CL 3rd
    Slot shoulders; Price 2500 gp; Weight 1 lb.
    Description: Woven from Twilight and shadow crystals, this cloak keeps Twili from suffering Constitution damage while in sunlight, as long as the hood is drawn up around the head.
    Construction: Requires Craft Wondrous Item, protective penumbra (or darkness if GM does not allow Ultimate Magic), creator must be Twili; Costs 1250 gp
    Last edited by kdragonracer; 2012-08-03 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Add picture

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic_Cakes View Post
    Sword Spirit

Few people in Hyrule know the true origins of the Sword Spirits. Some say that they were created by an ancient race as weapons to aid them in a terrible war. Others speculate that they are creations of the goddesses themselves, meant to aid heroes in times of need. Even the Sword Spirits themselves tend to be vague as to their origins.

Sword Spirit Racial Traits:
    Medium Construct (Living Construct)
    Base Speed: 30 ft
    +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom: Sword Spirits are designed for combat, and tend to have overtly logical thought processes, however their programming makes it difficult for them to disobey orders.
    Dowse: A Sword Spirit possesses the ability to detect energy signatures. It has the Scent ability.
    Phantom Weapon [Su]: As a move action, a Sword Spirit may form a temporary weapon out of the same quasimagical substance that they are constructed from. Rules for the Phantom Weapon are as follows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Sword Spirit must choose the form of her phantom weapon at 1 HD. She can either form it into a light weapon, a one-handed weapon, or a two-handed weapon. Once chosen, her phantom weapon stays in this form every time the Sword Spirit forms her phantom weapon. The light weapon deals 1d4 points of damage, the one-handed weapon deals 1d6 points of damage, and the two-handed weapon deals 1d8 points of damage. All damages are based on a Medium-sized creature wielding Medium-sized weapons; adjust the weapon damage as appropriate for different sized weapons. In all forms, the phantom weapon has a critical range of x2. A Sword Spirit with powerful build or any similar ability forms an appropriately-sized Phantom Weapon dealing the size-appropriate amount of damage. If the Sword Spirit's chosen form is a light weapon, she may choose to form two light weapons when forming her phantom weapon if she so chooses, but she suffers the standard penalties for two-weapon fighting.

Regardless of the weapon form a Sword Spirit has chosen, her phantom weapon does not have a set damage type. When shaping her weapon and assigning abilities to it, the Sword Spirit chooses whether it will deal bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage.

The blade can be broken (it has hardness 10 and 10 hit points); however, a Sword Spirit can simply create another on her next move action. The moment she relinquishes her grip on her blade, it dissipates (unless she intends to throw it; see below).

A Sword Spirit can use feats such as Power Attack or Combat Expertise in conjunction with the phantom weapon just as if it were a normal weapon. She can also choose her phantom weapon for feats requiring a specific weapon choice, such as Weapon Focus and Improved Critical. Spells or powers that upgrade weapons can be used on a phantom weapon. The Sword Spirit can use feats such as Weapon Finesse that work on light weapons with her phantom weapon, but such feats only work on phantom weapon in a light weapon form.

Even in places where magical effects do not normally function (such as within an anti-magic field), a Sword Spirit can attempt to sustain her phantom weapon by making a DC 20 Will save. On a successful save, the Sword Spirit maintains her phantom weapon for a number of rounds equal to her class level before she needs to check again, although the phantom weapon is treated for all purposes as a non-magical, masterwork weapon while in a place where magical effects do not normally function. On an unsuccessful attempt, the phantom weapon vanishes. As a move action on her turn, the Sword Spirit can attempt a new Will save to rematerialize her phantom weapon while she remains within the magic-negating effect.

The Sword Spirit chooses the appearance of her phantom weapon, although its shape must reflect the selections the Sword Spirit has chosen: a bludgeoning phantom weapon would be blunt, slashing would have an edge, etc.

All Sword Spirits have some knowledge of how to throw their phantom weapons, though the range increment varies by form and the largest of blade forms cannot be thrown. Light weapon mind blades have a range increment of 15 ft. One-handed weapon mind blades and Two-handed weapon mind blades cannot be thrown. Whether or not the attack hits, a thrown mind blade then dissipates.

In addition, the Sword Spirit may consider her phantom weapon to be a mind blade, for the purposes of qualifying for feats.

Phantom Weapon Synergy [Su]: When the Sword Spirit reaches 5 HD, her phantom weapon counts as magic for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction. At 10 HD, her phantom weapon gains a enhancement bonus value, which may be spent on a weapon ability of that value or an enhancement bonus. At 15 HD, the bonus value increases to +2, and the Sword Spirit may swap her bonus for something equating the new value. At 20 HD, the bonus value increases to +3, and the Sword Spirit may once again swap out her current bonus for new ones.
    Ancient Knowledge: A Sword Spirit gains a +2 bonus to Knowledge(History) and Knowledge(Religion) checks.
    Languages: Hylian, Bonus Languages: Any
    I think there should be some kind of feat for Sword Spirits to improve their phantom weapon beyond what they currently have, as... a +3 enhancement bonus by 20th level isn't going to really get people excited about using their phantom weapon as something useful, especially since the damage progression is inherently worse than what a fighter, soulknife, or even a sorcerer can get as a weapon.

Phantom Weapon Light: 1d4 x2
    Dagger: 1d4 19-20x2
    Sickle: 1d6 x2
    Mind Blade (what you based it on): 1d6 19-20

Phantom Weapon One Handed: 1d6x2
    Heavy Mace: 1d8 x2
    Mind Blade (what you based it on): 1d8 19-20

Phantom Weapon Two Handed: 1d8x2
    Spear: 1d8 x3 Brace
    Longspear: 1d8 x3 Brace, Reach
    Mind Blade (what you based it on): 2d6 19-20