New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: Minor plot holes, contradictions, and other nit-picks

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    It wasn't exactly a dumb decision either. As discussed here, they only really know that they must go on supply trips regularly. They assume that someone in the pool won the bet and had some extra money to spend, increasing the chances that one of Draketooth's group would be in a town now. They planned to hit up all the big cities in the area and hope they got lucky (which they did). They even acknowledge that they may be completely wrong or even that the group just teleports to Cliffport or something.

In this case, they couldn't have continued searching the vast desert. They were really out of decent options and had to gamble on finding one of Draketooth's group on a supply run. The chance was actually quite small, but that's better than nothing.
    You know, now that you mention it and point out the strip, I realize I was mis-remembering a lot of it. After reading it again, it's not relevant that someone just won the betting pool, just that there was one at some point, and that it implies there being multiple people, and that they have cash to spend. Perhaps not right now, since the bet was likely over after 60-some years, but someone winning the bet isn't the whole point, I guess.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Another nitpick would be Tarquin wearing a ring of true seeing and not noticing that Zz'dtri is a drow.

Arguable as he may have a number of rings and switch in his pocket as he feels the need, but that requires him to be able to switch rings in his pocket easily, and for him to lose the most obvious benefit of always wearing the ring.
    Also arguable as he may have known the whole time and faked not knowing.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Another nitpick would be Tarquin wearing a ring of true seeing and not noticing that Zz'dtri is a drow.

Arguable as he may have a number of rings and switch in his pocket as he feels the need, but that requires him to be able to switch rings in his pocket easily, and for him to lose the most obvious benefit of always wearing the ring.
    Also arguable as he may have known the whole time and faked not knowing.
    Particularly since we just saw that he has known for 80 or so strips about the OotS party make-up without revealing it. Rich would not reveal that Tarquin saw through Z's disguise for any reason except the Roger Rabbit Code: "only when it's funny".

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Well on the ring of true seeing and Zz'dtri, I guess that answers that.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Well on the ring of true seeing and Zz'dtri, I guess that answers that.
    Yup. It also settles the general question of whether we can assume Tarquin doesn't notice something if he hasn't mentioned it or reacted to it.