New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good 78: Druids of Mass Destruction and other bioweapons

[Cakeasaurus Rex]

Jamie finds herself wishing she had a paddle, the better to thwack at the passing canoe with!
    ...as it is, she gives up...
    "Abandon ship!"
    ...and dives in for a swim after the canoe!

[Main Lodge > Over the Fields of Snow]

Jamie grins, and pulls on her coat as she follows Keo and Brinika out!
    Where igloo-building shall commence.
    And she waves at Tito when she spots him approaching!

[Maple Cabin]

"Did they say anything more about me?" Shrike asks, sounding apprehensive.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good 78: Druids of Mass Destruction and other bioweapons

[Snow Fields]

Hi Tito! Brinika squeaks as she spots the halfling. Are you here to help us with the igloo?
    She's wearing a puffy warm jacket, gloves, a hat and some rather curious-looking ear warmers that resemble socks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Camp Exit]

Reinholdt nibbles on his lip and looks away.
    "What do you want me to do Sophie? It's been too long already. I really... I just need to get to Trog's for a little bit. There's no harm in it." Pfft. Not even Rein believes that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Kitchen

Pansy opens her mouth to answer, and then leans over to give Tito a kiss on the forehead - she can't hug him, because her hands are covered with flour. "Tito, why don't you go out with the other kids and play in the snow? I can finish dinner."

"It's okay, mom. I don't mind."

"You're a good boy, Tito. But I heard them say they're building an igloo."

"An igloo? Really?!"

"Mhm."

Tito finishes up and washes his hands, then runs out, pulling on his coat and gloves while he goes. Once he's gone, Pansy takes a deep breath.

"It's the most wonderful thing I'll ever experience - and also the most terrifying. It feels like a stab to the heart every time I let them out of my sight. Any time one of them is hurt, it feels like dying. There was a time..." she starts to choke up, and manages to hold it down to a single sob. "... there was a time when the suffering they were in... I would have done anything to make it stop. Sold my body, my soul, my life, anything, just for their safety."

She turns back to her bread, kneading and shaping it, as she tries to compose herself. "They're my world," she finally says. "My whole world. The day Tito was born, everything changed for me. And I've never regretted it."
    Kitchens

"I don't know if I'm ready for that. I don't know if I'll ever be ready for that. I was tearing my hair out in frustration over Eric, I couldn't bring myself leave him and he wouldn't let me keep wallowing. But now he's gone, and all I have left are two... I don't even know where to start." Another wave of nausea hits, and suddenly that sandwich doesn't look so appetizing anymore.

Before she can make a mess of the kitchen, Julie stumbles her way over to the sink and upheaves the contents of her stomach.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

Pansy politely waits until Julie is finished being sick. She'll take a few minutes to put the bread in the oven, and then wash her hands and make some ginger tea.

"Here. This helps with the nausea," she says. "And you'll be ready. When it's time, you'll find the strength. I don't know where it comes from, but it'll be there for you."

Outside

Tito turns out to be terrible at igloo building, but he's having fun anyway.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Snow Fields

Keo will look at Tito. She appears to be wearing a brown cloak with black ears and a tail sticking out. The cloak is too big, and so her hands are often inside the sleeves and the only thing that can be seen of her face is a a pair of glowing blue eyes, that are perfectly circular. "Hi! I'm Keo!"

A pause.

"Another really small one... ooh, confusing. Well, let's just make the Igloo!"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-14 at 06:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

Snow Fields

"Another girl..." Tito says, wrinkling his nose. "I wish there were more boys here!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

[Snow Fields]

"And what's wrong with us girls? Huh? Huh?"
    Jamie stands up. Puts her hands on her hips. Glares at Tito!
    She's grinning though.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Camp Exit]

Reinholdt nibbles on his lip and looks away.
    "What do you want me to do Sophie? It's been too long already. I really... I just need to get to Trog's for a little bit. There's no harm in it." Pfft. Not even Rein believes that.
    I want you to stop. I know it's not simple, of course. Which is why I'll help you with the detox, she says matter-of-factly.

[Fields of Snow]

Brinika is actually pretty good at igloo building, as it turns out. She also has lots of fun with it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1210

Kitchen

"This is... it's just too much. I lose everything, and have to raise two kids on my own? It's like I'm living in a soap opera." Julie lets out a bitter laugh, but it's short. A few sobs later and she's wiping her eyes and reaching for the ginger tea.

She take a deep sip, not caring about the temperature, and leans back against the counter.

"I guess you're right. I'll make do somehow..." Julie has always been a very physical person, but she still hesitates for a second before setting down her cup. Then she leans forward and tries to embrace Pansy, holding on to the halfling matron for all she's worth.

"Thank you so much. Sometimes I think I need to hear that everything will be okay, even when I know it won't."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fields of Snow

Keo isn't so good at the igloo itself, but is really good at getting bricks just the right size to make them work. She's also eager to help either of the small kids if they get buried or stuck. And, yes, she is having fun.

Sometimes she just spaces out and romps in the snow over there, but she never endangers the igloo and is always back in a bit.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

Pansy hugs Julie back tightly.

Snow Fields

"Nothing. I just wish there were some boys here is all," Tito says, kicking at the snow. "I haven't had any boys to play with since back at Briar Ridge, and that was a long time ago."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

[Camp Exit]

"I don't think I can Sophie. I don't think I want to." Reinholdt tells Sophie quietly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Troll in the Playground

[Snow Field]

"Oh."
    And now Jamie feels back.
    "Well, maybe you could meet Kevin sometime?" she suggests.
    Going back to work on the igloo!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

[Snow Field]

Maybe I could invite my friends from the colony over one time! Brinika suggests. Skarnik and Bunduk are boys too.

[Camp Exit]

Sophie nods. Drug addicts rarely want to let go of their addictions.
    I know. That's normal. But I do think it'll be for the best. Trust me. And you can do it, just not by yourself. But I can help you. Isn't that what I'm here for?

16. - Top - End - #1216

Kitchens

It isn't long before Julie breaks up the hug. Not because she wants to, but because a rumble from her stomach tells her that all that half digested food she got rid of was in use at the moment, and her organs may very well revolt if it isn't replaced post haste.

"Ah, sorry." She turns around to pick up her half-forgotten sandwich and gives it a nibble, a blush colouring her otherwise pale nose.

She really wishes she could just go back to acting self-assured and leaving these little moments to when she's all alone and doesn't have anyone to impress. It's hard to do that when you're in a camp ground and not an apartment. There seems to be another three people there every time you turn around!

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Snow Field

"I don't know what the problem is. We can still be friends!"
    Keo steps back, shakes all the snow off of her, and continues building. "Why would you want boys, specifically?"

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

[Camp Exit]

"... Fine. We'll try your way. But I reserve the right to change my mind utterly latter." Reinholdt says, stepping back towards GLoG.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-01-14 at 06:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchens

Pansy will make small talk while Julie eats, and then goes about cleaning up the kitchen. At some point, Lily will come racing in, tracking snow everywhere, grab some food, and start to go racing out - at least until she remembers to go back and give mom a hug and kiss and yells "I love you, Mom!" on her way out.

Snow Fields

"It's just different, is all," Tito says, not being able to put it into words. "Would you like it if you were the only girl in a whole group of boys?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Room

Hopefully Lily isn't afraid of Andy anymore since he stands in the doorframe watching the kids play. For a moment he thought they will got hit Tito, but all seem to turn out well.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

Lily didn't see Andy at all. She went in and out the back kitchen door, and isn't playing with the other kids.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1222

Kitchens

Julie will watch Lily with something indescribable in her eyes. It could be jealousy, or sadness. Most likely it's a mix of both, and towards the end a bit of understanding.

When she finishes her meal, she thanks Pansy once again, washes her hands, and walks herself out the door. She'll walk by the children building the igloo and watch with undisguised interest, but really, she's just wandering for a while, lost in her own thoughts.

When it looks like it's getting dark out, she'll make her way back to her room in the cabin and tuck herself into an unfamiliar bed. Tomorrow she'll have to get her things out of storage and see about working on those alterations for Kate's wardrobe.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-01-14 at 08:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    With Biranna's graceful swipe of her hand of healing, the woman injuries quickly reverse themselves. Her breathing, coarse and weak before, is now steady and peaceful. Expression of pain on her face softens too, as she fall into a now deep peaceful slumber. She won't be waking for a while.
    Brianna smiles, and goes to do some other stuff. Somehow, though, she'll be there when the elf starts to wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Snow Fields

Keo thinks about it.

"I've been the only girl in a group before. I didn't mind."

Keo's weird that way.

25. - Top - End - #1225

((So sorry guys, I haven't been able to post in the last few days.))

Meanwhile, outside that beacon from the last crashed ship continued to beep, a deep green light flashing on the top. It purpose would appear to be unknown at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Beeping Crash Site]

As they leave the Infirmary, Friend notices the beeping, flashing beacon and heads towards it.

"Peculiar, could it be of relation to the vessel?"

The former Seelie Faerie seems to be speaking more to himself than to Krystal.
    As Friend gets closer he will be able to confirm the the beacon is indeed connected the wrecked vessel, a thin metal rod rising 2 meters over the wreck. Friend may jnotice if he approaches the crash site that the flashing green light is flashing in slower intervals, the closer he gets.
    ((No problem. It's understandable.))

Krystal nods her agreement with Friend as she looks at the wreckage. She notices that the light is slowing down as well.

Think it might be losing power?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

26. - Top - End - #1226

[Main Room]

Julie may met Andy on her way from the Igloo building to her Room. He is sitting in the Main Room doing the paperwork. He will after all nod a greeting to her when she passes the Room.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-01-15 at 05:30 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good 78: Druids of Mass Destruction and other bioweapons

[Beeping Wreckage]

Friend looks curiously at the beacon, studying its pattern briefly before turning and replying to Krystal.

"I know yet little of these creations, but my guess is as yours."

Looking askance at the beacon from within his armour's helmet, the archaic humanoid mentally sighs at his lack of knowledge and continues.

"Doth thou know what it might be? I recognise only that is seems... mechanical? Without magic."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Camp Exit]

"... Fine. We'll try your way. But I reserve the right to change my mind utterly latter." Reinholdt says, stepping back towards GLoG.
    Sophie relaxes a little. Reinholdt might spot a gleam vanishing from her eyes now that her ideals have been reaffirmed.
    We'll see about that. For now, tell me what kind of drug it is. I need to know what kind of treatment we should apply and how dangerous withdrawal will be.

29. - Top - End - #1229

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Beeping Wreckage]

Friend looks curiously at the beacon, studying its pattern briefly before turning and replying to Krystal.

"I know yet little of these creations, but my guess is as yours."

Looking askance at the beacon from within his armour's helmet, the archaic humanoid mentally sighs at his lack of knowledge and continues.

"Doth thou know what it might be? I recognise only that is seems... mechanical? Without magic."
    Krystal nods a little. It's what's left of the ship that was attacking me earlier. The woman we found told me how to take it out.

However, I have no idea what the beeping is for. Could be a few different reasons.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sophie relaxes a little. Reinholdt might spot a gleam vanishing from her eyes now that her ideals have been reaffirmed.
    We'll see about that. For now, tell me what kind of drug it is. I need to know what kind of treatment we should apply and how dangerous withdrawal will be.
    [Camp Exit]

Wouldn't the gleam appear in her eyes?

Reinholdt looks around a bit, avoiding looking at Sophie. Even looks at the sky. Well... Phoenix knew. Even if he was dead and buried somewhere, probably his fault, he did ask for help at one time from the paladin. Of course, everything went south from there.

"Liquid Agony. Causes immense pain on contact. I like to mix it with Rum and Sannish sometimes." There's only been one other addiction case to Liquid Agony and no successful detox as it were.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast