New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #601
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Javert's house

I take your lack of comment to mean that Derrick manages to take the diamond?
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Niki didnt even know he had it

3. - Top - End - #603
    Pixie in the Playground

Javert's House

He tucks it away into a bag of holding that he wears at his side, and turns back to Niki. My Lady, if we have some time, perhaps you want to go and get a drink? I sure could use one. Almost being set aflame, getting yelled at by Niki for something he didn't do and then realizing he needs to put up with the drow for even longer... yeah. He's starting to lose his calmness.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Javerts
    Where? You look tense, come here. NikI smiles happily.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Pixie in the Playground

Javert's house

Derrick walks over to Niki and takes her hands in his. Perhaps the Sleeping Goblin this time? I'll buy you dinner.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Javerts

Sure, when would you like to go? Niki attempts to massage his shoulders.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Pixie in the Playground

Javert's house

Derrick smiled. He was anxious to get out of Javert's house, not liking the strange way it smelled, or the evil aura about it, or simply the fact that he was in enemy territory. But he does not forget his manners. Would now be okay for you, My Lady? You've been through so much recently, how about a nice quiet dinner?
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-01-10 at 01:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Javerts
    Sure, lets enjoy ourselves.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Pixie in the Playground

Javert's House

In a sweeping gesture, he pulls the orcess into a shadow jump. Oh, and look at that. Derrick conveniently 'forgot' to leave some way for Javert to know where they're going. Aw, what a shame.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Silvery Ship Interior

going in that pad will put him on another pad in the puzzle. Following a straight line will eventually put him at the top of a ladder...

The ladder is that same ladder that the alien fled up. Gah. Who puts this kind of mess in... anywhere?

Listening for a minute will reveal a slight "thoop" sound from one of the doors. This sound will repeat once every thirty seconds. There is no sign of the male... wonder where he got to.
    Silvery Ship Interior

What waits the thirty seconds, and then rushes towards the door making the sound. Personally, I would've looked at the door to find out what the 'thoop' was before running headlong right at it, but I guess What has other plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #611
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The door will open, revealing the Female loading what appears to be a grenade launcher with large paintballs. The paint is green, but the weapon itself is notably not silvery. Probably something she picked up somewhere.

The female looks at what. She blinks twice. She does not finish loading the paintball launcher thing.

Like a chump.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Pixie in the Playground

[The [Jittering Vippit]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Jittering Vippit]

Tirin, presumably, arrives at the ship to make the weapons deal at some point after the explosion.

He blinks on seeing it, eyebrows raising.

"Well, looks like you got spit out here pretty painfully..."
    ((Sorry, I didn't see this.))

"We actually came through pretty smoothly. Its a long story." One involving a certain piece of poodoo that he'd rather forget about. The starboard-side landing ramp begins to open (Ehofale probably saw the trio as they approached). The Hutt speaks something to the droid in Huttese, and the it rolls up the ramp to do his master's bidding.

The Hutt turns back to Tirin, and amends "Or rather, its a short story that I would rather not share. But come now, let me show you my inventory. Is there a specific type of melee weapon you prefer?"

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Jittering Vippit]

The empath shrugs.

"Fair enough. As for what type of melee weapon I prefer, I'm best with swords. But like I said, diversifying can't hurt."

He pauses for a moment, looking thoughtful.

"Or, in this case maybe it can... I'm not sure I'll have time to get in enough practice with something else, so it's probably best to stick with swords, and similar things."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Jittering Vippit]

It is now the Hutt's turn to shrug. He is not very good with weaponry, but if Tirin says so...

He starts looking through the cargo-boxes for anything in particular that may be useful. He does find a couple, though he is pretty sure he has more if one of these are not suitable ((lets assume that Jurga does mention everything in the description as he is showing Tirin));

The first looks like an ancient long sword, not one you would expect from a culture that has built starships; It has no advanced technology, but truly is just a blade forged from metal. The blade is protected by what others may call "magics," however; it is a 6,000 year old Sith sword Jurga had acquired from an insignificant tomb planet in the Horuset system. It has been unnaturally straightened and toughed (to the point that lightsabers can't damage it) through alchemical means, and has the ability to focus force powers (though whether this ability can aid Tirin is unknown to the Hutt, seeing as he isn't even aware of the empath's abilities).

The second is a two-handed greatsword, one made from the finest metals from a world called Naboo. Made as a ceremonial weapon of the Royal Security Forces, this blade specifically was made during the reign of Queen Apailana. It's hilt is made from the same chromium material as the RSF starship lining, and inside it houses a micro-vibrator. While this makes the weapon a little awkward to use at first, the vibroblade is designed so that even light touches with it can leave nasty gashes on unprotected flesh. On its pommel is the insignia of the Galactic Empire.

The final blade is designed to be a one-handed weapon, but it should fit more like a two-handed bastard sword in Tirin's hands. Handcrafted by the furry inhabitants of a "multilayered deathtrap" jungle world, this spirit blade is used in many religious ceremonies. It is specifically designed to pierce the skin of big game animals, and should have no trouble slicing through light armor.
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

15. - Top - End - #615

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Silvery Ship Interior

The door will open, revealing the Female loading what appears to be a grenade launcher with large paintballs. The paint is green, but the weapon itself is notably not silvery. Probably something she picked up somewhere.

The female looks at what. She blinks twice. She does not finish loading the paintball launcher thing.

Like a chump.
    While What is, as we all know, more disposed towards the use of melee weapons, he isn't entirely unwilling to use a gun if the situation calls for it. This seems to be one of those situations, unfortunately, so What opts to try to wrest the gun away from the alien. Should he succeed, he'll then swing the back end of the grenade launcher and try to clobber her over the head with it.

...What? I never said he'd fire a gun, just that he'd use it.

He'll probably be trying again with that note thing in just a moment. Guy just doesn't know when to quit, it seems.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The launcher is ripped out of her hands, and she is bludgeoned with it. There is a comical "Clong" sound, and the female is on the floor. Now that What is in the room, he may notice the far end is spattered with various colors.

The female looks less panicked and confused, and more just annoyed. It's kind of like this is just the latest event in a long line of things that, frankly, her life would be easier without.

A Doot! sounds from her belt. She looks down at it as if to say something sarcastic.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Following a case of retconitis, Talnissa and Kara possibly arrive home.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #618

Silvery Ship Interior

...Huh. So it actually is a paintball gun. If What was capable of feeling guilt or embarrassment or anything even remotely resembling shame, he'd probably feel a little silly right now. He doesn't have the capacity for that sort of thing though, so he doesn't. Just waves that note in the air, dropping the gun to the ground between the two of them after deciding the weapon won't be anything even remotely resembling a threat today.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #619
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The female alien is even less cooperative than the male one. She gets up, waves her Doot!ing device over What, and then pulls out a communicator and talks with the male over it. He sounds upset, she sounds annoyed at first, but becomes to sound determined. She will then lead what back to the round room, and wait in front of the door with red on it.

Nothing will happen for quite a bit.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post
    [The Jittering Vippit]

It is now the Hutt's turn to shrug. He is not very good with weaponry, but if Tirin says so...

He starts looking through the cargo-boxes for anything in particular that may be useful. He does find a couple, though he is pretty sure he has more if one of these are not suitable ((lets assume that Jurga does mention everything in the description as he is showing Tirin));

The first looks like an ancient long sword, not one you would expect from a culture that has built starships; It has no advanced technology, but truly is just a blade forged from metal. The blade is protected by what others may call "magics," however; it is a 6,000 year old Sith sword Jurga had acquired from an insignificant tomb planet in the Horuset system. It has been unnaturally straightened and toughed (to the point that lightsabers can't damage it) through alchemical means, and has the ability to focus force powers (though whether this ability can aid Tirin is unknown to the Hutt, seeing as he isn't even aware of the empath's abilities).

The second is a two-handed greatsword, one made from the finest metals from a world called Naboo. Made as a ceremonial weapon of the Royal Security Forces, this blade specifically was made during the reign of Queen Apailana. It's hilt is made from the same chromium material as the RSF starship lining, and inside it houses a micro-vibrator. While this makes the weapon a little awkward to use at first, the vibroblade is designed so that even light touches with it can leave nasty gashes on unprotected flesh. On its pommel is the insignia of the Galactic Empire.

The final blade is designed to be a one-handed weapon, but it should fit more like a two-handed bastard sword in Tirin's hands. Handcrafted by the furry inhabitants of a "multilayered deathtrap" jungle world, this spirit blade is used in many religious ceremonies. It is specifically designed to pierce the skin of big game animals, and should have no trouble slicing through light armor.

[The Jittering Vippit]

"Hm... The longsword would likely work best for my fighting style; the others, nice as they are, would almost certainly take both hands, and, unfortunately, I need the other free for a second blade, or a gun,"
    he says, making some experimental moves with his chosen blade, assuming Jurga allowed him to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

Following a case of retconitis, Talnissa and Kara possibly arrive home.

[Talnissa's]

Indeed they do.

Talnissa goes to sit on the couch, frowning.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

[The Jittering Vippit]

"Hm... The longsword would likely work best for my fighting style; the others, nice as they are, would almost certainly take both hands, and, unfortunately, I need the other free for a second blade, or a gun,"
    he says, making some experimental moves with his chosen blade, assuming Jurga allowed him to handle it.
    The Hutt nods, and allows him to hold it for as long as he wants. The blade might be slightly heavier than initially expected- mainly a byproduct of the metallurgical techniques to make the blade more or less unbreakable. If the blade's ability to focus force powers can aid Tirin's powers ((I'll leave that up to you)), he should start to feel a form of unnatural strength flow throughout him, and make his empathetic abilities more powerful.

As Tirin moves about with the blade, Jurga mentions the one ability he is aware of that may come in handy to Tirin; when contacting electric currents, the sword acts as a capacitor and stores the energy until the next time the sword makes contact with an object, at which point the energy is released.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post
    The Hutt nods, and allows him to hold it for as long as he wants. The blade might be slightly heavier than initially expected- mainly a byproduct of the metallurgical techniques to make the blade more or less unbreakable. If the blade's ability to focus force powers can aid Tirin's powers ((I'll leave that up to you)), he should start to feel a form of unnatural strength flow throughout him, and make his empathetic abilities more powerful.

As Tirin moves about with the blade, Jurga mentions the one ability he is aware of that may come in handy to Tirin; when contacting electric currents, the sword acts as a capacitor and stores the energy until the next time the sword makes contact with an object, at which point the energy is released.
    It can indeed assist with Tirin's empathic abilities, since they're fairly similar to a lot of the Jedi/Sith abilities with similar effects.

"Well, that should come in handy... What sort of charge can it hold? And I assume that the ability to channel force powers, whatever they are, is the reason that I feel stronger, and my empathy seems heightened?", the hybrid asks, sounding curious, and going to see if he can detect surface emotions from Jurga now. "Also, do you have any more swords? I still need a second blade, if possible."

23. - Top - End - #623
    Pixie in the Playground

In that case, Tirin will start feeling a sense of satisfaction and relief coming from the Hutt. "The blade is capable of holding an electric current powerful enough to kill the average humanoid. Just be careful, because there is no controlling the fact that the energy will be released into the first object the blade touches."

The Hutt nods his head, and begins to look through the crate for more weapons (a twinge of self-consciousness overtaking him as he moves). He pulls out a two more blades.

The first is another vibroweapon, this time a dagger. It appears unassuming, and quite easy to conceal. Unlike other bibrodaggers, however, this specific LaserHone Talon design is meant for stealth. When activated, it vibrates on an ultrasonic frequency, so the whining sounds usually associated with vibroweapons is nonexistent. This specific type of vibroweapon was often used by an elite military unit of the Stormtrooper Corps, the Storm Commandos.

The second is more like a spiked gauntlet than a blade; the vibroknuckler is a small blade with a space in the hilt to fit one's four fingers into. By using the thumb to flip a switch, the vibrations start and make the wearer's punches nearly lethal. The fact that it slips in between the four fingers allows the user to still carry items in his hand. Jurga leaves out the minor fact that these blades are illegal for civilian use on almost all Imperial worlds, and that these weapons are mainly used by mercenaries and pirates.
    Last edited by RandomPoster; 2012-01-12 at 08:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Kate Kyland will find a steady knock on her door. Three knocks, no more. If she has a peephole, she'll find the countenance of Doctor Emil fields, the cyberneticist, looking back at her. He seems relatively pleased with himself, and is carrying a clipboard.

"Miss Kyland? I'm here for a follow up examination, to see how you're adjusting to your cybernetics."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate opens the door and a looks at the doctor. She is suddenly not happy. "Wha- how did you find me?!?"

A voice calls from inside the apartment. It seems Kate has a roommate or visitor."...Kate, who is that?"

"Unlock the window just in case we have to escape."

"...ookay."

Kate stays in the doorway for now. She does not trust Fields.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"It's not hard to find someone in this city if you know who you're looking for," he says. Of course, that sounds much more mysterious and stylish than saying 'I checked the card with your address on it while you were asleep in the clinic.'

"I'm here to speak to you about your cybernetics, as a follow up. You know; see how you're adjusting. I don't believe you should be having any issues, as you have some of my best work in you, but put frankly one can never be entirely sure, yes? I'll try not to take too much of your time."

27. - Top - End - #627
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Um... well, I've been having headaches at work. Nothing a bit of ibuprofen can't handle, but it's annoying and I didn't have regular headaches before. The arm... it's useful, I guess. I haven't had a lot of use for the legs."

"Wait, this is that Mad Science guy?"

"Yeah."

"Remember: last time he got you with a needle-watch for it."

A pause.

"Why would you put that much power in my legs? I'm not going to be kicking down dungeon doors or anything, much less through walls."

Kate will eye Field's cybernetic hand warily. She may be being a bit paranoid.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Your legs are equipped with kinetic manipulators. you can get a lot of power out of them in a kick, I'm sure, but their main focus is to prevent you from injuring yourself in a long fall. you could likely survive a drop at terminal velocity with minimal injury if you landed feet first. They'd need a few repairs afterwards, but you'd live with little more than being a bit sore."

Doctor Fields shrugs, "Of course, they do provide an interesting weapon, don't they?" He looks down at her feet, thinking, "You know, I could probably slim them down to a more human shape if you like. Maybe give you secondary and tertiary defenses such as a stun rod in your arm. With all these different enhancements, you'd make a spectacular adventurer," his eyes are lighting up. If Kate knows anything about artists, that's the look Dr. fields just got in his eyes.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate is, unfortunately, not familiar with the artist's (or madman's) look.

"I have no intention of adventuring. I'm happy you went through the trouble to make the arm detachable. Even though it's kind of weird to put on, and swapping out hands... I guess I don't know why you used four different hands to-"

"Kate! Don't give him ideas!"

"Right. Is there anything else?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-13 at 02:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

There's a twinkle in the eye of the good Doctor, "I could do that for you, you know. Create an arm with an end that changes into several different types, leaving the base detachable." He's very clearly imagining the sorts of things he could do with that.

"If the other individual in your apartment is a friend or roommate, may I speak with them? They may have noticed odd behaviors that you have not."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-13 at 03:09 PM.