New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #631
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Kate's Apartment

Kate shifts uncomfortably. "Um, Sophie, do you mind-"

"Yeah, let's get it over with."

A large brown spider the size of a human's hand scuttles up out of the room and up the wall to look Fields in the face.

"She's become paranoid because of people like you that think that random people trying to enjoy the fresh air in a park make good targets for random tests. Kate's taken up self-defense lessons that day scared her so bad. Is there anything else you want to know?"

"Oh, I knew I was forgetting something. I should note down to go in for another lesson."

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Doctor Fields will bend close down to Sophie to get a better look at her, studying the spider closely, "Fascinating. If you like, Sophie, I could give you small cybernetic enhancements. I understand that spiders don't have the musculature to reach around to their own backs. A pair of arms may just be something you could use well, though I'd have to study the build your exoskeleton has as well as your nervous system before I could promise anything."

He'll reach out his metallic hand, potentially allowing Sophie to crawl up onto his arm if she so chose. What type of spider is she?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Sophie appears to be a kind of tarantula... but what kind specifically is impossible to tell. Probably doesn't have that kind where Fields comes from.

"Yeah... no. I am not about to let you poke around with my nervous system, chitin, or make any additions, thank you very much. I don't need to reach my back."

Kate nods. "Is there anything else, or is that all?"

Kate isn't quite as wary as she was at the beginning. She honestly believes that Fields is going to finish up and never shadow her doorway again.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-13 at 03:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

The doctor just smiles at Sophie's denial, "Very well then, little spider, I won't bother you any more."

He turns back to Kate, "And that, Miss Kyland, leaves only one thing left for me to do." with a swift motion, he spins toward her, his metallic hand opening up to reveal the same syringe as before, once again filled with a clear liquid. If Kate doesn't move quickly, she'll be jabbed in the chest and immediately injected with the same tranquilizer the doctor used the first time they met.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

A shallow gasp. A slight shift of the feet. A little bit of kinetic energy manipulated, and Kate is suddenly in a back stance. Looks like she's gotten clever with the boots: the reduced surface area on the boots (she's standing on those little spring tips, after all) permits her to shift her feet and change stance with surprising speed. Fight smarter, not harder.

The first jab misses, and Kate tries to grab the hand with her left hand, throwing a right jab toward Field's gut.

"Why you-"

A slight pft and a hail of fine barbed hairs flings off Sophie's back into Field's face. They should cause sever irritation wherever they land; especially in the nose and eyes.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-13 at 04:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

As Kate moves to jab fields, having grabbed his right hand, Fields will simply sidestep out of the way, and move to grab Kate's wrist with his left hand. If successful, Kate will feel a needle puncture from Fields' palm as he uses the decidedly less safe tranquilizers in his left hand. The syringe inside his right, which requires his hand to open up, is a dosage meant to knock a person out for a few hours. The ones in his right, however, are built for a short term paralysis that lasts perhaps a few minutes. It's always a good idea to have contingency plans, after all.

Fields moves with the grace of a trained fighter. In all honesty, he isn't, but he;s loaded a few combat programs into the cybernetics in his brain.

Unfortunately, this doesn't save the side of his face from getting spider spiked, so he develops a rash on the left had side rather quickly, though none of the hairs got into his nose or eye.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"ghh-"

Kate is paralyzed, but will resist it as best as she can. I don't think there will be any real difference in how long it takes to effect her.

"WHY YOU-"

Sophie will leap from her location on the wall and try to bite Fields in the eye. She is ticked! It's strong tarantula venom, and will hurt a lot. It's not lethal, but it will hurt... and may be on his eye, which would be bad.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Jittering Vippit]

In the Nexus, that is minor. I'm fairly sure there really aren't any weapons restrictions.

"I'll be sure to take care, then. Is there any way to discharge it without touching something? And while the dagger will certainly be useful, I was hoping for a full sword..."

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Sophie may find it difficult to bit his eye. That isn't to say her attack didn't make it properly, but one has to realize; why woul;dn't he have given himself the same cybernetic eyes that Kate has?

Her fangs will go tink off of the cybernetics before the doctor attempts to sweep Sophie off his face. As she's a spider, particularly a large and tough one, he has no doubt she'll survive the fall to the floor... or slam into the wall, as the case may be.

It's at this point that he'll bend down to administer the sedative to Kate, to make her unconscious for the next few hours so he can take her back to his clinic.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Whap! Sophie is brushed off Field's face. Kate is tranquilized and is godmoddable.

"Stop! Don't you dare you madman!"

Sophie will scurry forward, but isn't in range to jump yet and the doctor has a chance to act before she attacks again.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Fields just sighs and shakes his head at sophie as he reaches down to pick up Kate, showing surprising strength given his light frame. He'll sling her over his shoulder as he stands.

"I would suggest you stop now Sophie. You are an arachnid, and while your venom may be potent and painful, that would not save you from being trampled, would it? your roommate will be returned to you soon, but it would be a shame if Kate's friend wasn't here when she returned."

It's a bluff. The Doctor has never, and never will, kill something intelligent intentionally. But Sophie doesn't know that.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Sophie will stop. She has a... look on her face. It's hard to tell, but... I think it's a "If looks could kill" kind of look...

"...fine..."

She scuttles back into the room, and never lets her eyes off fields. She will watch until he's out of sight.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Doctor fields will carry Kate out of her apartment and into his car outside the building. anybody who asks he will tell them that he is her doctor, and she fell unconscious during his visit, which is entirely true. They'll be off rather quickly, Kate sleeping in the back seat.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [The Jittering Vippit]

In the Nexus, that is minor. I'm fairly sure there really aren't any weapons restrictions.

"I'll be sure to take care, then. Is there any way to discharge it without touching something? And while the dagger will certainly be useful, I was hoping for a full sword..."
    The Hutt shakes his head. "There isn't any other way I am aware of. I guess you could try to figure it out yourself, but I'm not even sure how it holds the charges in the first place..."

And with that, he looks for a few more swords for Tirin to try out.

The first is another sword of the furry people from the jungle planet; carved from the rare nak'tra crystal, these blades are usually made by an ethnic group living in the Myyydril Caverns. The Nak'tra crystal is usually more famous for its use in blaster technology, which splits the beam into a cloud of rippling energy that expands as it travels. Unfortunately, this property is not very useful in the bladed weapon form.

The second is a scimitar of very peculiar design; its odd curving shape makes it difficult to wield without hurting oneself unless the wielder is familiar with the Geonosian martial-art form of Petranaki. Practitioners of this combat form are trained in the use of five weapons, and it is usually used in the bloody gladiatorial death sports of their homeworld.

The third looks like a curved hybrid of sword and dagger, a menacing slicing weapon known as the darkstick. It is used by the inhabitants of the planet Kerest to hunt the large animals residing at the world's equator. According to the native's most prominent religion, the afterlife is a place of darkness and despair. Wielders of these blades show their embracement of this fate by activating the light-absorbers that line the blade. When activated, an unnatural field of darkness is created in a two meter in diameter sphere of darkness. This efficiency blinds enemies engaged in melee with the wielder. To prevent themselves from also going blind, wielders usually wear infrared goggles.
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post
    The Hutt shakes his head. "There isn't any other way I am aware of. I guess you could try to figure it out yourself, but I'm not even sure how it holds the charges in the first place..."

And with that, he looks for a few more swords for Tirin to try out.

The first is another sword of the furry people from the jungle planet; carved from the rare nak'tra crystal, these blades are usually made by an ethnic group living in the Myyydril Caverns. The Nak'tra crystal is usually more famous for its use in blaster technology, which splits the beam into a cloud of rippling energy that expands as it travels. Unfortunately, this property is not very useful in the bladed weapon form.

The second is a scimitar of very peculiar design; its odd curving shape makes it difficult to wield without hurting oneself unless the wielder is familiar with the Geonosian martial-art form of Petranaki. Practitioners of this combat form are trained in the use of five weapons, and it is usually used in the bloody gladiatorial death sports of their homeworld.

The third looks like a curved hybrid of sword and dagger, a menacing slicing weapon known as the darkstick. It is used by the inhabitants of the planet Kerest to hunt the large animals residing at the world's equator. According to the native's most prominent religion, the afterlife is a place of darkness and despair. Wielders of these blades show their embracement of this fate by activating the light-absorbers that line the blade. When activated, an unnatural field of darkness is created in a two meter in diameter sphere of darkness. This efficiency blinds enemies engaged in melee with the wielder. To prevent themselves from also going blind, wielders usually wear infrared goggles.
    The empath's eyes light up at the darkstick, and he grins broadly.

"That one, for sure. Blindfighting actually happens to be one of my strengths. Comes with having far better than average senses. Besides, the design is just about perfect,"
    the hybrid says, going into an elaborate routine involving all three of the blades he's chosen, the dagger being held in his tail, in order to test all of them properly, and how they work together. "Just out of curiosity, can these be modified?"

16. - Top - End - #646
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Indeed they do.

Talnissa goes to sit on the couch, frowning.
    And Kara goes to join her girlfriend, sitting next to her, and putting her hand on Talnissa's leg, waiting for her to speak.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

She rests her hand on Kara's, frown lessening somewhat, though she still looks upset.

"I should've stayed..."

18. - Top - End - #648
    Pixie in the Playground

The empath's eyes light up at the darkstick, and he grins broadly.

"That one, for sure. Blindfighting actually happens to be one of my strengths. Comes with having far better than average senses. Besides, the design is just about perfect,"
    the hybrid says, going into an elaborate routine involving all three of the blades he's chosen, the dagger being held in his tail, in order to test all of them properly, and how they work together. "Just out of curiosity, can these be modified?"
    A wave of happiness and pleasure seems to emanate from the Hutt as Tirin's eyes light up. "I am glad I could have helped." Despite the addition of light-absorbing cells, the darkstick's slightly reduced size makes it might than most one-handed swords.

When Tirin asks about modifications, the Hutt considers the thought for a moment. "I guess you could modify the sword to make it a more modernized weapon, but keep in mind that this is an ancient relic from a long-extinct race. If it ends up getting damaged in the process, I can't fix it.

As for the other two, yeah, they can be upgraded and modified to your specifications."
    Unfortunately, Tirin might want to go somewhere else for those modifications, because Jurga's upgrade inventory is quite homogeneous; when it comes to melee weapons, he only has about three types of upgrade items, with a couple of not very significant variants for each one.
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cosiellio and Kate will arrive here in a flash of pale light, preferably in the middle of the living room, out in the open. "Here we are,"

20. - Top - End - #650
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Gah!"

"That we are"

"Kate? Uh... who's this?"

Sophie is on the coffee table in front of the sofa. It's a small room, basically containing a sofa, a coffee table, and a TV. There is a kinda-kitchen area over there, and one door that goes to the restroom and one that presumably goes to a bedroom. There isn't much else here, really.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos blinks for a moment before he finds the speaker, Sophie, "Oh, sorry for surprising you. My name's cosiellio. Call me Cos. Who are you?"

22. - Top - End - #652
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"My name is Sophie."
    She looks between Cos and Kate. "You okay, Kate? You're missing your plant. What happened?"

Kate will sit down. "Well, I woke up with a new hand, some kind of shield emission system, and a sword in my arm. Oh, and a messed up pheromone defense system that Cos was kind enough to remove."

"How did he do that? I mean, not only the addition, but how can a mage just... undo it?"

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cosiellio grins, "Because I'm not a mage. Most gods can do stuff like that." He shrugs, "I can do lots of other things too. On the whole, it's more a matter of imagination than anything else. "

24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"What... a god? Kate, For once I can't one up you."

"He was nice enough to remove the worst of the additions, and gave me a ride home. Well, for a given definition of ride. 'Lift' might be more accurate, depending on the specifics of the transfer"

Indeed, yes, quite.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Shift may be more appropriate," Cos says, "It's more along the lines of us fading out of the area and fading back in here very rapidly."

Cos, you're not helping.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"I can see how you two became friends so fast."

"I wonder if it's like Star Trek, where-"
    Unless Kate is stopped, she will ponder a variety of Teleportation systems, including a 4-dimensional jump, hyperspace, the starslip system, the teraport... she's very well-read on a number of sci-fi universes.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-14 at 03:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

[Svaela's Apartment]

It was less of a full apartment and more of a single room. One might call it a studio, except it wasn't nearly so spacious. In fact, it seemed to be more of a cell. She had chosen the place for a simple reason, it was fireproof. The walls, the floor, even the cieling, were all brick and stone. The furnishing was simple and sparse, made from wrought iron and stone.

It's here that Svaela and Alazarin arrive, in the embraces of a kiss. The elven woman was already trying to push him away.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-01-14 at 03:55 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

As Kake continues Talking, Cos will provide insights into how things work with the teleportation jump he just did, answering any questions Kate has.

In the end, it'll become apparent that cos made the areas similar enough to each other in a minor instance that he could move them between spots with relative ease

29. - Top - End - #659
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"That's cool. I wonder-"

Sophie will hop straight up to get their attention. "I'm going to have to cut you off there. While this is fascinating, the question occurs to me... why would a god take interest in Kate?"

"That's... that's a good question. What sets me apart from other weird people around here? Did you want to ask me a specific question, or did you just want to talk?"

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"That's pretty simple actually," cos says, "People are cool. I've been watching them since I came into being, and I talk to people a lot. Kate's just the person I was looking at at the time. She just seemed like the sort of person who could use someone to talk to while she was there in the park, so I dropped down and started talking with her."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-14 at 04:27 PM.