New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Kate's Apartment

Dionysius nods at Cos, tacitly confirming his suspicions...

"BAMPH! Deal is sealed, there's your dirt my friend. It's an intriguing read, I'll tell you that much."

There's a pile of paper a foot high on Kate's coffee table, detailing everything Julie has done, and been a part of, over the past few weeks. It's from the perspective of an eye over her should, and goes back at least as far as her first show, going into excrutiating detail about her act, and indeed everything after that.

"And now, for the favor. I'm calling it in early my friend, and there's nothing you can do to convince me otherwise. You're to take it slow and easy with this lady you have here, keep out of her hair, and don't encroach on her hospitality. Like it or not, she's your first real follower, not just a friend. It's a big responsibility, and comes with a heck of a learning curve. Main point? Keep her happy." Dionysius gives them both a winning smile.

"Now, I gotta go placate Hades before he realizes I stole all that. Good luck and good reading. Cheers!"

The god of wine vanishes, leaving behind a matched set of expensive crystal glasses on the coffee table, filled with bubbling pink champagne.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

What is important is what is said:

"Uh... wow."

"That's a lot of info"

"I don't drink."

"...Your first follower?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-14 at 09:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Once dionysius is gone, Cos looks back towards Kate. He hadn't intended her as a follower, just as a friend. He supposed that, all in all, it made sense, but it still sort of threw him for a loop. "He's the god of wine. I was surprised he didn't show up with the wine in his hands."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"I don't want any. I don't mess with my mind."

Kate will pick up the sheaf of papers and begin filing though it. She looks at one in particul-

O_O

Kate stacks the papers back up. "That's a lot of detail"

"...what is it?"

"Definitely a succubus."

Kate curls up a little.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos' brow furrows at Kate's reaction as he leans over to take a look at the -

Oh my. That's really quite descriptive isn't it?

"So... uh... it details... everything she done for the last little while, huh?" He doesn't share Kate's shock, but he is quite surprised

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Svaela's Apartment

"Which one then? Though, they are close together, I suppose we could hit both." He says with some degree of thought. "We'd have to be a bit quick about it."
    "Then let's go. You decide which we go to first."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Yeah. I'm going to have to go through this whole thing, going into all the tiny details... I feel dirty now. I don't know if I'm going to be able to look Julie in the face."

Kate stays where she is. She didn't want... that.

"I'll do it... later. Not too much later, but not right now."

"And when I'm done I'll burn it. There is stuff in there that no one that is not Julie should know. Especially now that Eric is gone. All the little details."

Sophie hops up on Kate's shoulder. "You opened up to a curtain. We get it. Calm down."

"Yeah. So... what now?"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos shrugs, "I suppose that's up to you. I figure I have to honor what Dio told me to do, so I'm going to head out now. Call my name and I'll be right along to help you with whatever you need, alright?"

Kate will likely feel a warm fuzzy feeling in her chest. It's her connection to cos, her god. Probably, anyways. if she really doesn't want to be his... follower, that likely doesn't happen.

And then he'll vanish.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

The two remaining look at each other for a minute.

"I'm going to go get ready for bed." Sophie will hop of Kate and scuttle away.

"Night Sophie."

Kate looks at the stack...

"Cosiellio? I thought of something important- please come stealthily if you can."

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Kate will hear a whisper in her ear, Cosiellio nowhere in sight, "I'm here. Tell me what you need."

11. - Top - End - #701
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"The stuff in this would ruin Julie. No one should see this. I guess I'm expected to, since it was given to me, but if anyone else finds it... I can't let that happen. It must be set up so that only I can get to it... and only I can read it... if this got to anyone else I would never forgive myself."

If Cos has any kind of empathic link with Kate, or if he bothers to read her emotions, she is really worried about Julie. She feels guilty, even if she was given a ton more than she wanted, and if this comes back to hurt Julie...

Kate would never forgive herself. Never.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Talnissa's frown deepens again, and she goes to put an arm around Kara, pulling her girlfriend up against her if allowed.

"There's nothing wrong with that, s'saeta. Of course you are. If I'd stayed, I would have been in danger, and you'd have been stuck here worrying. Or there with me, and at risk of getting hurt yourself."
    Kara nods, and snuggles up to Talnissa's side, burying her face in her girlfriend's shoudler.
    "I know. But...I don't want you to be hurt, but I also don't want you not to help people because of me," she admits.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Alright then, Give me a second to see what I can do, alright?"

for a moment, Kate's head may feel somewhat light as knowledge is directly implanted into her. If she takes a look at the stacks of paper, they'll suddenly show a type of language she's never seen before, but she can read with ease.

"There. It's encrypted, and we're the only two that know the key."

14. - Top - End - #704
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Thank you."

And with that, Kate will get ready to go to bed herself. She'll find a safe place to put the file first, but she won't read any of it tonight. That can wait for the morning.

15. - Top - End - #705

Silvery Ship Interior

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Silvery Ship Interior

The female alien is even less cooperative than the male one. She gets up, waves her Doot!ing device over What, and then pulls out a communicator and talks with the male over it. He sounds upset, she sounds annoyed at first, but becomes to sound determined. She will then lead what back to the round room, and wait in front of the door with red on it.

Nothing will happen for quite a bit.

What decides to pass the time by slowly and methodically going over every weapon in his current inventory, examining the blunt and sharp and bloody tools of war he's pilfered, plundered, and outright stolen before. There's quite a lot of them, and they all look horrible. I don't even want to think about where that golf club has been.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-01-15 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #706
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

Eventually, the door will open. The female will gesture for What to go first, and follow him in. The door will shut behind them

In the center of the room appears to be a large silvery heavy lifting robot. It is, in fact, the same robot that retrieved the Object in the first place. This is, however, lost on anyone who was not there to witness that and therefore What cannot appreciate that this particular robot has been previously established to exist.

In the upper part of the room is a window looking into a kind of observation room. The male alien is in there, working at a control panel.

The aliens seem to really want What to not get the Object. As the robot activates and lumbers toward What, the female steps aside and zaps what with her stun ray. The ray is enough to knock out most humans, but it might not affect What at all, considering his unusual nature.

17. - Top - End - #707

Silvery Ship Interior

What doesn't even pretend to notice the stun ray. Instead, realizing that he has, in fact, been led into a trap, he charges towards the lumbering machine with his hammer. He'll show these alien scum why you don't play games with What, why you don't send your giant robots to stop him, and why you listen the first time he asks you to give him something. By gods, he'll show them all!
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #708
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The female can't really do much more than that. For now.

The robot, on the other hand, extends its first arm to try and knock What around. The other arm will try to grab What, but will not try to crush him.

The arms are large sturdy claws, not fingers. On the other hand, that hammer is really strong.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

[Feuerstelle Manor]
    Imposing and heavy, the manor is more a fortress than an elegant home. A grim structure of stone and steel, with an outer wall around the grounds, it rises high on its granite foundations.

Its great windows would keep it fairly well-lit even without the electric lighting installed last century, and the twin furnaces keep it warm enough in the winter.
    None of that really matters right now, at least not to one of its new owners.

Nyla Asche sits on the big four-poster bed in the master bedroom. It's her bedroom now... well, hers and another person's.

She'd met the girl exactly once before the events of last night.
    It had been a week before; their families arranged a meeting for tea and conversation and the dropping of heavy news.

Yes, she's quite pretty; yes, she seems like a very nice girl, but that seems like a rather paltry reason to be wed.

And yet here she is, newly wed and wholly bewildered.

She stares at her knees, vaguely wondering where her... she'd have to get used to thinking of her as her wife... her wife was.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

20. - Top - End - #710
    Bugbear in the Playground

Feuerstelle Manor

I bubbly white haired girl skips into the room, wearing a yellow sun dress. She smiles excitedly at Nyla with teeth that are either pointed or sharpened. It's hard to tell.
    Hiya! My name's Glee, and you look delicious.
    She says, licking her lips, as if she didn't just say something really creepy.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

[Feuerstelle Manor]
    Nyla looks up and blushes.

Oh, um... t-thanks... you're, um, really pretty too.
    She already knows her bride's name, but couldn't really be blamed for forgetting.
    ... Um, so...
    We're married now, I guess...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Javerts house

The windows are pulled up. The door is locked. His small house is steadily being locked up by unknown individuals inside. Someone or multiple someones. Something odd is happening.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

Kara nods, and snuggles up to Talnissa's side, burying her face in her girlfriend's shoudler.
    "I know. But...I don't want you to be hurt, but I also don't want you not to help people because of me," she admits.

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa holds her close, giving off a pleasant warmth, as usual.

"Would it help you worry less if I explained more exactly what it takes to actually hurt me, not just injure the body I happen to be in at the moment?

[The Jittering Vippit]

He shakes his head, tail twitching subconsciously. Which, considering he's still got a vibroknife in it, may unnerve Jurga a bit; certainly, that particular reflex isn't exactly a safe one at this point.

"I'm afraid that my first place of residence here was the origin point for a zombie outbreak, and my what would have been my second was destroyed before it was put down, so until I find a permanent home, having ammunition delivered isn't exactly an option. As for what type of gun, any of those work fine."

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"...honestly? Not really. Knowing the details just makes me worry more," Kara admits, her analytical mind being prone to do things like that "Just knowing it's very, very hard makes it better though."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-01-18 at 01:19 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Javerts "House"

Four drow priestess cast inumerable protection spells in a large purple bubble around 10 miles around. The shield is nearly impenetrable. Using arcane, divine, technomancy, arachnomantic, shadomantic, druidic, holy, unholy, bardic, and even Matron Kara'sin K'rlan'j Baen're's special protective spell. A squadron odd drow bearing Baenre insignias guide two gigantic demon goats inside the barrier. Later thats night, strange howls are heard.The day after a crew of Duer'gar appear out of Javerts"house". They set to work on bulding a dome just inside the shield. The dome is made of a weird chrome metal alloy native to the underdark Duer'gar caves. It is very hard and not even diamond cuts through. Of course, the work will take a while. The team of Duer'gar are great in numbers and quickly in construction however, and along with the drow wizards assistance in moving the alloy it will be completely in a record two weeks time. The surroundind land might feel steady but not very powerful earthquakes. Ast if something big was rising underground, surfacing. Hose Baen're is up to something. How is the metal getting transported? Where are the workers comong from? Who knows? Perhaps it would be better if such knowledge was unknown. The alloy looks like a bizzare chrome steampunk design. Pipes, gears and slots jut out of the dome. The door is huge and intimidating. The Baen're symbol painted with majestic grace. The doors are very thick and there. are 4ever doors. From the Outside, you. would havent to go through the portcullis. Youd then havent to known the password to getu's through the second. The third requires a blood sample to identify Baen're heritage. The last wall is the thickest and biggest. Covered in bars, locks, and the such.It is a very long process.

(Note: None of this is complete until further notice.)
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-18 at 02:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

She smiles at her girlfriend, and nods.

"Then I won't tell you, unless you decide to become like me. But good. I'm glad I could make you feel better. Though I'm still not going to be running around helping random people. You come first, and you always will."

27. - Top - End - #717

Silvery Ship Interior

What swings his hammer to try to parry the first arm, but is sufficiently distracted by this action to be seized by the other. The robot will have to act fast if it wants to keep its grip on What, since I doubt he's very eager to be held against his will for very long.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #718
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The robot will then try to grab the Hammer and wrench it out of What's hands...

...and at the same time the female pulls a large canister out of the wall. It's just the right size for the hammer... would they dare?

For science? Oh, yeah.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Feuerstelle Manor]
    Nyla looks up and blushes.

Oh, um... t-thanks... you're, um, really pretty too.
    She already knows her bride's name, but couldn't really be blamed for forgetting.
    ... Um, so...
    We're married now, I guess...
    She nods happily.
    That means we can go out on picnics and stuff!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Marty teleports with Shada.