New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #811
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Aceford Manor

That half-breed freak is NOT my child! Declares Shada haughtily, turning from him. Marty may notice a small tear in the corner of her eye. She's upset.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-01-20 at 01:48 AM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Marty walks to her and tries to wrap his arms around hers. Half-what? You can trust me, Shada.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

She pushes Marty away, not wanting him so close to her. Half-gnoll. She says quietly, hinting at a more deeply disturbing past than she's let on before. And Fylder was half gnoll, a crying furry mess that Shada despised from the moment she first held him. Fylder was the reason she'd escaped in the first place. She didn't want another gnoll child, didn't want to be reminded what had happened by his hyena-like face... Fylder was a monster.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

A cefordManor
    Im half-elf. Shada, Im sorry... I will never hurt you. You know tgat right?

5. - Top - End - #815
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

How can I be so sure? Everyone else has hurt me at some point. She says softly. And half-gnoll is far worse than half-elf. She refused to even touch the horrid little child. He was still less than a year old at this point... she needs support, she needs someone to talk to, but she's having trouble trusting anybody, even Marty. Fylder's a gnoll. A gnoll!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post
    It might also be worth noting that Needler darts, being kinetic in origin, bypass most energy shields.

The Hutt starts looking for more weapons, pushing aside an old Geonosian Elite Phaser rifle in the process. While very efficient, that weapon only works in the hand of the Geonosian Elite caste because of its use of Geonosian bodily fluids as a power source, so that will be of no use to Tirin.

The next set of weapons to be presented starts with a WESTAR-35 pistol. Made from a dallorian alloy, this pistol absorbs heat far better than most pistols do, so its ability to be rapidly fired is greatly increased with little chance of jamming. These weapons are usually wielded in pairs.

The next is a DXR-6 rifle, which belongs to a special category of weapon called dirsuptors. When the energy blast of this weapon hits a target, the target begins to break down at a molecular level. Even glancing hits cause grievous injuries. A direct hit against an organic, humanoid target causes complete and utter disintegration. Created by the Tenloss Syndicate, this is one of the most advanced disruptors on the (black) market. It can fire ten shots per powerpack, and is a decent sniping weapon (impressive, considering how most disruptors have a short range of 20-25 meters).

The final is an E-11 blaster carbine, commonly used by the Stormtrooper Corps of the Galactic Empire. Recent shipments of these weapons have met with complaints about glazed targeting lenses, which have caused the weapon to be far less accurate. Jurga's have been cleared of these common faulty characteristics, as they were bought after the massive weapons recall.
    I'm sure that, given enough time and Geonosians, Tirin could fabricate some sort of back-mounted feed for the Phaser, though admittedly, it would probably be pretty hard.

In any case, experimental, highly unethical, and extremely unlikely to actually happen weapons designs aside, the hyrid looks rather thoughtful, as most of those sound quite nice, though he nods after a bit, apparently having come to a decision.

"I'll take the Needler and the DXR-6, for certain... You wouldn't happen to be in the market to buy guns, would you?"

7. - Top - End - #817
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Crimson Tempest]

Reinholdt smiles at the answer.
    "Ok."
    "I love you Ermine."
    [Crimson Tempest]

"Mmhm."

Ermine snuggles closer and rests her head on Reinholdt's shoulder/chest. She's not tired enough to fall right asleep, though.

"Love ya too."

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Aceford Manor

How can I be so sure? Everyone else has hurt me at some point. She says softly. And half-gnoll is far worse than half-elf. She refused to even touch the horrid little child. He was still less than a year old at this point... she needs support, she needs someone to talk to, but she's having trouble trusting anybody, even Marty. Fylder's a gnoll. A gnoll!
    Shada, I would never hurt you... I have never tried to hurt you...I coulf havr let Sleet, Chez, and Kale send you back. I didnt. You havr to trust me!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Shada does trust Marty in her paranoid way. But the problem is not trust. She can tell by the way he moves towards her, trying to touch her shoulders, hair, hands, she can tell he has, at the least, a crush on her. She tries not to think of the gnolls when he does this, but they're always there, in her mind's eye. After what they did to her and the other female slaves, it wasn't shocking that she shudders at his touch.

I do trust you Marty.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Shada, I'm sorry about what happened to you. But its the past. I'm here, nothing will harm you, your fears are far behind you...No more talk of darkness, forget your greatest fears. I will try to protect you no matter what happens....I used to be martyred. I loved her...more then anything in the world. I left for 1 month, I was a merchant... I was younger and foolish...I never should have left... I came back to find everything I loved, burned, My mother, my beutiful wife... she was pregnant! I would have had a son! I was a father......all of it went up in flame.... my families fortune, my wife and unborn child, my poor insane mother...only father and I survived.... Me, my gun, and him.... Soon....it was just me anf my gun...I was wanted for theft. I almost died that year... Thenadíer was after me...then I met Griktak. I opened The Sleeping Goblin. I then met you, Sleet, Chez, and Kale... Forget the pits, the gnolls, everything. Please! Shada....I...I lo... Marty trails off the sentence. He is almost in tears. His blue eyes sparkling like a stream of spring water. I lived here. rebuilt this hellish prison...to keep my dreams locked away...I...I...you are the key... Shada, ignore the voices, I will never hurt you! I need you to forget your past. Embrace life. Please...I care about you. I dont want you to suffer like I did! Not anymore! Please Shada.. I lov....I dont... Maybe...Please Shada. Unlock yourself...its not too late! I can see you succeeding! Youre beatiful! Youre mind is crystalline...You just need to peice the puzzles...I will help you! If you help me.....Shada....I think I love y...... I do... Marty has lost any control of his emotions. Years of agony, washing away through the words hes pours out. His heart was broken, now its rising. His very soul caught in a tangle of powerful feelings, emotions. Emotions not felt for years. His kind faces little up, making Sleets scar seem to dissapear. His purple and gold suit making his blonde, curly long hair shine once more.Marty smiles again.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-20 at 01:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Crimson Tempest]

"Mmhm."

Ermine snuggles closer and rests her head on Reinholdt's shoulder/chest. She's not tired enough to fall right asleep, though.

"Love ya too."
    [Crimson Tempest]

Reinholdt is content enough to snuggle until sleep overcomes them. Or him at least. Silly men, always wanting to snuggle and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Aceford Manor

Shada, I'm sorry about what happened to you. But its the past. I'm here, nothing will harm you, your fears are far behind you...No more talk of darkness, forget your greatest fears. I will try to protect you no matter what happens....I used to be martyred. I loved her...more then anything in the world. I left for 1 month, I was a merchant... I was younger and foolish...I never should have left... I came back to find everything I loved, burned, My mother, my beutiful wife... she was pregnant! I would have had a son! I was a father......all of it went up in flame.... my families fortune, my wife and unborn child, my poor insane mother...only father and I survived.... Meh, my gun, and him.... Soon....it was just me anf my gun...I was wanted for theft. I almost died that year... Thenadíer was after me...then I met Griktak. I opened The Sleeping Goblin. I then met you, Sleet, Chez, and Kale... Forget the pits, the gnolls, everything. Please! Shada....I...I lo... Marty trails off the sentence. He is almost in tears.

Considering that that was Drift who just left, Shada's fairly certain that her fears are still trailing her, and closely at that. That was not simply a message sent to her by word of mouth, but also a more discreet one. The gnolls know where she is. They'll be coming for her.

She has her own fears, she has her own problems, but she's had a terrible habit of taking on other's problems as well. I'm so sorry Marty. For everything. I brought so much suffering on you, after all you've been through. I'm so sorry. She attempts to embrace him. She's trying to comfort him, trying to ease his pain. it's not easy, seeing as every instinct is screaming at her to keep her distance from any male.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Marty cries into her shoulder, clear tears of...something...joy? He holds her close.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Baen're]

Zith looks out of his room, and tries to find someone who could take him to the workshop.
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentIndy View Post
    [Baen're]

Zith looks out of his room, and tries to find someone who could take him to the workshop.
    A drow guard leans against the wall.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Shada is shaking. It's taking all her willpower to not shove him away, pull out her weapon and scream for help. Her conflicting emotions rage around her. Fear, sorrow, sympathy...

{He's both weak AND pathetic.} Comments the gnoll. Shada is in no position to reply and glares at it violently from over Marty's shoulder. {I'm just saying girl, he's taking advantage of you. The crying, the lieing...} Marty? Lieing? No, no, his story was truth. She was sure of it... she hoped.

{And what of Fylder? You leave him to his death?} Sure, she didn't care about him. {Except that he's a baby Shada. A baby. it doesn't matter that he's part gnoll, you're going to leave a baby to die?}

Shada closes her eyes and continues holding Marty, images and thoughts of both violent and peaceful natures swirl inside her mind. She doesn't know what to do. Andaress help her...

17. - Top - End - #827

MindFlayer

[/I]
    A drow guard leans against the wall.
    "Excuse me, where is the work shop?"
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

aceford Manor

Marty leans against Shada. Its been a long time since he cried.

Baen're

Workshops down the elevator. Floor -6.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-20 at 01:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Shada takes this opportunity to scoot away from him a little, covering up her relief of not being encircled by him by trying to clean the tears from his face with a black (kind of dirty) rag. He's lucky he isn't in the Pits. Anyone crying in the Pits is labelled a weakling and deemed as possible prey. So what will you do now? She asks gently.

20. - Top - End - #830

MindFlayer

aceford Manor

Marty leans against Shada. Its been a long time since he cried.

Baen're

Workshops down the elevator. Floor -6.
    Zith goes down to the workshops. He examines the wuality of the work space.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor
    I dont know.... I made stew! Potatoes. Want some? Its delicious.Marty is feeling much better.

Baen're

The workshop is huge. 4 Duer'gar are ready for orders. The forge is gigantic.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-20 at 01:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

That's not what Shada had meant, but it prods a small laugh from her. It's hollow and grief-stricken, but hey, it's a laugh. And she is hungry. Sure. She wonders if she owes Marty any sort of explanation as to Fykder or if he'll just let her sit on that huge pile of grief. She has hopes that he'll do both. If he asks than she will tell him, and maybe she'll feel a little better about it all. But if he doesn't ask than she doesn't have to shame herself with such tales...

Shada wonders where her life took such a horrible turn. Perhaps it was when she was taken from her parents and dumped into the Pits when she was twelve. Perhaps it was before that. Being born into slavery, she couldn't ever recall a time when someone wasn't trying to use her for some sinister purpose.

{Want to know the best part? None of this is even real. It's just a test to see how you'd react to freedom.}
    The gnoll, still lurking just outside the room, is laughing. What? No! That... it cannot be true! Marty is real... isn't he? This was all real?

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Marty pours 2 bowls of delicious stew. So. Youre not going to find your son?

24. - Top - End - #834
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Oh great. He asked. And now Shada doesn't know quite what to say. He's not my son. Nothing with that much gnoll blood is related to me. She refused to care about him. He'd grow up to be as evil as the gnolls, she just knew it. That was, of course, only if he didn't die in the Pits first.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor
    What happened?

26. - Top - End - #836

MindFlayer

Baen're

The workshop is huge. 4 Duer'gar are ready for orders. The forge is gigantic.
    Zith says,"Hello, I am Zith, the new head blacksmith. I need two of you to start producing steel, and I need you two to gather," he lists off a long list of arcane ingredients,"And create an enchantment circle. I will start production on the scimitars."
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Baen're

The 4 go about their with"work silently

28. - Top - End - #838
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Shada slams the bowl she's been given onto a bedside table. What do you mean, what happened? Isn't it blindingly obvious? She can't believe he'd be so ignorant. A group of male gnolls, who gain a few female slaves. The slaves are helpless. They cannot protect themselves. The gnolls are evil and corrupt and they r- r- She doesn't want to say it. The walls bounce the words back at her, and she doesn't want it echoing.

The gnoll is laughing. Laughing at her. Laughing at her pain. Pain... pain... ouch! The scalding stew has spilt over her hands and burnt them! She gasps a little at the suddenness of it. And through it the gnoll laughs and laughs...

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Major
    I knew that! Why'd you live him? Shada! Marty fetches some bandages.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

I didn't have a choice. I'm a slave. The matter-of-fact way she states it simply shows that she isn't aware she may have had other options. Then, out of the blue, STOP LAUGHING! The horrible croaking gnoll laughter is hurting her ears...