New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1492

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

Emmi smiles proudly back at her student. She taught Angie that. It actually took a moment to recollect her thoughts. "Now, my idea. Have you ever played Simon Says?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie's ears perk up a bit more at the mention of the familiar game. "Yeah, we play it at school sometimes." She wonders where this is going. "Are we gonna play?"

3. - Top - End - #1053

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

"Yes." Emmi says simply. "Only with skates. It'll be an easy way practice everything." She skates to be shoulder to shoulder elbow with Angie. "Wanna try?" She gets into a ready position.

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

"Okay!" Angie looks up at Emmi expectantly. She listens carefully. Don't want to act when Emmi doesn't say 'Simon says'.

5. - Top - End - #1055

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

Starting it off simply. "Simon says 'Skate forward'!" Emmi starts skating forward at a slow pace.

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Talnissa grins down at Kara when she's pinched, and laughs a bit.

"If you actually want food anytime soon, you should probably stop distracting me... Remember, I don't get hungry or thirsty. It's already tempting enough to just crawl back into bed with you."
    "Good point...food first, snuggles later," Kara agrees with a grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie giggles and does as Simon says. She starts moving forward as well, trying to match Emmi's slow speed. They should be moving beside each other after only a moment.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Emmi plays it straight for a bit,

"Simon says turn left"

"Simon says turn right"

"Simon says turn left- Stop!"

Emmi jams to an almost instant stop.

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie is greatly enjoying the game as she clumsily makes the turns. That last one throws her though. She starts to turn, but then she has to stop! She tries to stop as quickly as she can, and it's almost as immediate as Emmi. That's because she falls flat on her face. "Owwwwww!" That looks like it hurt.

10. - Top - End - #1060

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

Oh no! Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap! She stopped too fast. The trick call was too abrupt! Some third thing she can blame on herself! "Angie are you okay!?" She takes a knee by her friend. "I'm sorry!" Please still be brave and determined. Please?

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #1061

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    As it is zapped, the 'bot will seize up. It doesn't seem to be damaged, but it is not responding to the male's commands. The female looks annoyed, the male begins to panic, and What is given a minute to do something devious and/or dangerous.
    SET Spaceship

Well, that just about makes everything perfectly clear, doesn't it? They've absolutely no intention of handing over the Object to What, and fully expect to steal his away from him. There's no reason to hold back anymore. What knows these bizarre aliens won't be helping him find what he's looking for, so he might as well tear the ship apart looking for it on his own.

Starting with the giant robot, of course. What tries to wrest the hammer out of its grip and then bash it with everything he's got, intending to put a huge dent in the machine's face.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie pushes herself up a little bit. Tears roll down her face, but she's not crying openly. She nods. "I'm okay." She has some scrapes on her arms mostly. Her pads saved her elbows and knees at least

13. - Top - End - #1063

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

Emmi sighs with relief she isn't crying much. "I'm so sorry Angie. I did that too fast." she says as she attempts to wipe away some of the tears. "Thank you for being so brave. Do you want to try it again without the tricks? I noticed you were having fun doing that."

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie smiles and nods. She sniffles a little, but she's finishing wiping away the tears and is ready to get going again. "It's okay. I wanna keep playing." Provided Emmi helps her stand, Angie will be up and ready to continue in moments.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

CRANG! The silvery face part with camera things is wrecked. This would be very bad if the cameras were being used. The female shouts something to the male and goes back to the hole thing in the wall.

The male, not looking to happy with the situation, has the mech swing for What's head. He presumably assumes that What keeps his thinky bits up there.

16. - Top - End - #1066

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

Emmi does help Angie up. "Alright. I won't do that sudden thing, but we can keep playing." When she thinks Angie is ready to go she'll start. "Simon says skate forward."

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

"Good point...food first, snuggles later," Kara agrees with a grin.

[Talnissa's]

The robot nods, and, unless something would stop her, heads off to prepare food.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie is ready, and pushes herself forward along with Emmi. It won't take too long before the tumble is forgotten and she's thoroughly enjoying herself again.

19. - Top - End - #1069

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

"Simon says turn left."

"Simon says [I]slow[i] to a stop."

"Now skate forward."

This time Emmi has it all planned out. Since they're stopped she'll be able to try and catch Angie if she falls.

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie does quite well this time. She manages to stay mostly stable, and manages the slow stop with little trouble. She's smiling broadly the whole time, save for when she nears falling over.

21. - Top - End - #1071

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

Emmi will play it safe for a good deal of time. After a bit of time, she'll try something a little different. "Simon saaaaays, it's your turn to be Simon," she says with a point at Angie.

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie's face lights up. She'd be bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet if she could in those skates. "Simon says skate forward!" She says enthusiastically, and starts to do just that. She'll guide Emmi through a variety of turns and stops and starts, never getting tired of it. She wobble quite a bit, and fall once, but with Emmi's assistance she'll keep on skating.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

The robot nods, and, unless something would stop her, heads off to prepare food.
    Kara decides to lay back in bed, trying to awken fully.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa will return after about half an hour, with a rather nice breakfast, consisting of various types of traditional Cryxian food; a gull's egg omelet, pickled herring on toast, smoked aernis (roughly equivalent to lox, but sweeter) with a local variant on cream cheese, made from denerel milk, which gives it a somewhat spicy flavor, somewhere between cinnamon and pepper, and something that looks like a rather large vanilla milkshake, which it is, though made with denerel milk and containing candied aernis.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie's face lights up. She'd be bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet if she could in those skates. "Simon says skate forward!" She says enthusiastically, and starts to do just that. She'll guide Emmi through a variety of turns and stops and starts, never getting tired of it. She wobble quite a bit, and fall once, but with Emmi's assistance she'll keep on skating.
    [A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Emmi will play follower for essentially as long as Angie wants. She's tempted to do little flourishes and spins, but decides against it when she figures she wouldn't actually be doing as Simon says. As always Emmi will be concerned when the bunnygirl falls, but how determined the girl has been thus far she manages to keep from freaking out.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

After a while of skating, it seems that there'll be no stop to the game. There's one thing that will pull her away from it, however. "Angela, Emmi, it's dinnertime!" Celia calls from the front step.

"Simon says stop!" Angie slowly comes to a stop and turns toward the house. She grins at her mother and tries to take Emmi's hand and head toward the house.

27. - Top - End - #1077

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

Emmi slows to a stop at the command and takes Angie's hand. "Do you know what your mom was making for dinner?" she asks.

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Angie shakes her head. "Nope. We had sandwiches yesterday, so maybe something different today." She wasn't even getting ready for dinner when they'd went out, so she has no idea.

The bunnygirl will guide Emmi around to the backdoor again. Once in the porch, she sits on a bench off to one side and starts taking off her skates and then her helmet. Once they're done with that, it's off to the kitchen.

The kitchen/dining room it quite simply huge. The cooking area has an island, lots of cupboard space, a massive fridge, and all the other appliances they could need. The dinning table is very long, and it has to be to accommodate all those kids. And there are a lot. Eight of them have already seated themselves and are busy talking. Except for Delaney that is, she's in her highchair banging a rattle on it's surface. It's quite loud. The mother and one of the eldest twins are bringing the food. The former carries a large bowl and the latter has a pitcher. Cups, plates, and silverware have already been set out.

"Come and sit by me." Angie leads Emmi to a pair of empty seats and sits down. Looks like there's exactly one free seat. Presumably the as of yet unseen father works during the day. The mother rabbit starts dishing out the food. It's a very colourful salad with a variety of vegetables and nuts.

"I hope you like salad, Emmi." Celia says with a smile as she dishes up Emmi's portion.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa will return after about half an hour, with a rather nice breakfast, consisting of various types of traditional Cryxian food; a gull's egg omelet, pickled herring on toast, smoked aernis (roughly equivalent to lox, but sweeter) with a local variant on cream cheese, made from denerel milk, which gives it a somewhat spicy flavor, somewhere between cinnamon and pepper, and something that looks like a rather large vanilla milkshake, which it is, though made with denerel milk and containing candied aernis.
    Kara sits up when Talnissa returns, smiling nad reaching out for the food. "Wow...that looks and smells delicious, love."

===

[EE - Desk ==> Dorota's Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dorota nods and proceeds to lead Crissy upstairs to her room. It turns out to be rather spartan, with a narrow bed, a desk, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers and a bookshelf, which is tasked to capacity. Books and pieces of paper are lying here and there, but apart from that the room is very orderly and clean.
    The blonde Valley Girl half-elf follows, and looks around curiously at her girlfriend's quarters. "Wow. This is, like, totally neat!" she exclaims, looking at the books with all the big words in them.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Room]

I'm glad you like it, Dorota says with a smile. I like to keep it tidy here. But we haven't come here to talk about my room, have we? She asks with a bit of a mischevious smile.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.