New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Athas Unchained IC: Group A

Athas Unchained
    Chapter 1: Black Sun Rising

OOC Thread

A man clad in black smirks and with a wave of his hand, his cadre disappeared into the bazaar's crowd. The freshly-captured slaves, sitting in their wooden cages, are carted through the main street of Draj, toward the imposing clay-brick colosseum that lay in the center of the city's commercial hub: the Palace of Gladiatorial Combat.

The jaunty sounds of bells and whistles abound in the bazaar of Draj, where arguments are heard among stall vendors and patrons. Children mock the slaves as they pass, running alongside the howdahs, now carted by two massive, golden-scaled crodlu. One slave remarks how the slavemaster should have let the mekillot rampage through the city. The tan-skinned mul that awoke each of you before entering Draj struts up and down within the cage. You notice that aside from him and the five of you, there are six more slaves within the barge.

After much rustling, the crodlu soon slow to a stop and within moments, the rear of the cage has been opened, leading downward, into a tunnel. The tanned mul, who seems to be in charge of you, steps out first.
    "Alright, boys and girls. It's showtime. Follow me, and we'll get suited up." As he continues, he briefly stops to make note of one thing. "The master says that anyone who stays behind gets to play with the mekillot."

The tunnel leads into a large, circular room furnished with tables, adorned with a great variety of bone and stone weapons. Various hides and shells are arrayed beside them. The mul leads you to a scarred, grey-haired man you recognize from the head of the caravan. Garbed in crimson robes, he sports a wicked-looking obsidian sword at his side.
    "Good work, Grot. Fall in line, skags." The mul steps to one side and sets to work handling the various weapons.

"I don't care who you are or where you came from, but all men deserve to be free. All free men want to be entertained. That's what I do here. I provide the entertainment. Y'all are greener'n'an inix's backside, but for the ones that get lucky... if you get lucky... yer freedom's yours. Now I'm givin' you a choice. Step up to the mul beside me and he'll get you fitted for the Palace. For those of you not of Draj, lemme be the one to tell you this place'll likely be your graves. You might think you're hot crap, but that don't mean crap here. So, which one 'a you's first?"

The man exits through one of the gates, closing it behind him. The tanned mul, named Grot, clears his throat.
    "The master's a good man. Do well in the battles, and he'll treat you in kind. Come on up and give me your name and what you can do. I'll try and get you something appropriate."
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-14 at 07:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group A

Xiro

Xiro stepped up to the man who requested them, and cleared his throat. "Xiro Nicoto. I keep idiots from getting killed." He refused to make eye contact with the man, instead keeping his gaze on a doorway behind him. "I assume in this case, my job is to keep the rest of these slack jawed fools from being disemboweled."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Kite was laying down in the back of his cage just trying to think of a way out of this mess. But seemed as if fighting his way out was the only choice. But he has seen these types of fights before, dog eat dog carnage. And some of the people around him did not look like the types to easily work with him.

At least he had proper combat training and his psionic powers to keep him alive. He sat up.

"Hay....Grot was it? What are we heading into? I need to prepare accordingly."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rieken

Looking around a bit nervously, the young girl rubbed one of her arms as she sighed through her nose. Hearing a chance to fight for her rightful freedom, she stepped forwards, her deep green eyes looking straight and determined.

"My name is Rieken... and if you can give me my weapon that was taken from me, I'll give you a show worth watching." she didn't want to have to fight, especially against other slaves like herself in the same position, but dying or being worked to the bone was not options she wanted to take.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Skav bristles at being called a 'skag' and hisses at Grot's master. Stepping out of the wagon he acquiesces and gives his name, his common is slow as the Tari mouth does not pronounce these words easily. Name is... Skav, will fightk... tko be free... again.

When given the option to pick his gear for the fight, Skav knows exactly what he's looking for... granted that all of his requests are for gear sized for a small creature.

Chitin armor... ((OOC: Chain shirt equivalent))

Heavy Crossbow with boltks...

Sword... shortk...

Spikedk Gauntkletk...

Longspear...

Daggers... many as you gotk...

He'll bite a hole in the rear-guard of the armor to accommodate his tail before sliding it on. The rest of the equipment he'll strap on and mentally prepare himself for battle. Longspear secured on his back. Daggers tucked anywhere he can manage. Spiked Gauntlet on his right hand and holding the loaded crossbow in both.

While the others are also gearing up he looks at them and coughs. He'll cough again attempting to get their attention. Quietly he explains a simple concept.

I fightk wif you.

One... maybe tkwo of fe ones we fightk... fey will be friends...

He speaks slowly to make sure everyone understands.

So I call 'friend'... you notk hitk fem... okay?

Check out the Athasian Sandbox, a 3.5 Dark Sun Campaign where the whole world is open to you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Argath

The large insectoid lurches out of the slave cart and takes in the sights and sounds of such a place. When asked to approach, he follows suit and answers in the best common he could muster.

"Firzt name Argazz. Lazt name, will remain my own. I zeek no unuzual weaponz, only a Longzpear and any armor that would zuit a warrior of my build."

Awaiting whatever equipment he will receive, he scans each potential ally for their flaws and strengths; listening to their words and how they carry themselves in their speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Xiro

He turns and looks at the four others who stepped up beside him. He focuses on the four of them for a moment, and they feel him attempting to link their minds to his. He doesn't say a word, and there is no proof he has tried to do so once he's done.

Spoiler
    Show
    As of right now, i'm collecting all of my party into a collective. Since i can have four members plus myself.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Grot looks to each potential as he passes and nods his head in acceptance after looking each one over.

As he looks at Xiro, Grot tries to get a good look at the man's face.
    "Ain't none of my business where you came from, but an attitude like that gets a man killed out there, son. You keep your comrades alive, they'll keep you alive. Take these."
    Grot hands the vitalist a full set of leather clothing embroidered with bits of jagged teeth and bone. Sitting atop the pile is a notched, polished stone club and wooden shortsword embedded with shards of bone and glass. Grot also produces two crodlu claw daggers and a shortbow.

Spoiler
    Show

Equipment Get!
    • Wahaika: 1d6 dmg, x2 Crit, 10' thrown increment, 3 lbs, Bludgeon, Disarm
    • Small Maquahuitl: 1d6 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 2 lbs, Slashing
    • 2 Bone Daggers: 1d4 dmg, 19-20/x2, 2 lbs each, 10' thrown, Slash or Pierce
    • Shortbow: 1d6 dmg, x3, 60', 2 lbs, Pierce, 20 obsidian arrows (+1 dmg)
    • Studded Leather Cuirass and Spaulder: +2 ac, +5 dex, 0 ACP, 30ft. move, 17 lbs

*The wahaika is essentially a notched club that can be used to disarm foes or thrown like a batarang. It has a bitchin' tribal design.

After Xiro steps away, Grot looks Kite up and down before nodding in silent accord with himself.
    "If you're asking for dirt on the opponent, all I know is they're new punks like yourselves. Just stick with old Grot and you might have a chance yet. You, I know you. You're the think-first-act-accordingly type, ain't ya? Hold on."
    Grot half turns for a moment before picking up some items from the table and placing them in Kite's arms. The objects turn out to be a wooden sword embedded with bits of jagged bone in the blade, a pair of trousers made of what seems to be kreenscale, shoulderguards fashioned of braxat shell, a handful of javelins, and a long wooden spear tipped with a large mekillot tooth.

Spoiler
    Show

Equipment Get!
    • Maquahuitl: 1d8 dmg, x2 Crit, 5 lbs, Slashing
    • Alhulak: 1d6 dmg, x3 Crit, 9 lbs, Pierce, Reach
    • Tkaesali: 1d10 dmg, x3 Crit, 15 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
    • 5 Javelins: 1d6 dmg, x2, 30' thrown, 2 lbs each, Pierce
    • Chitin Pants and Shell Pauldrons: +3 ac, +2 dex, -2 ACP, 30ft. move, 20 lbs

*The Alhulak is essentially a battle grappling hook/piton. It comes with 10' of hempen rope that can be used for other purposes.

Seeing the girl, Grot rubbed his face in weariness.
    "Sounds like you mean business. Most girls I see walk through these halls are made of tougher stuff'n most of the men, though, so it doesn't surprise me a bit. I'm sorry to say it, but I just don't get anything the slavers take off you. I'll put into word to the master about that weapon, though. Meantime, I think I've got something that'll tide you over. Ol' Grot's got a knack for these kinda things, mind you."
    Grot moves over to one of the rear racks of weapons, pulling out several different objects before handing them to Rieken. Among the objects handed to her are a pair of inix-tooth daggers, an armful of wooden javelins, a wooden shortsword embedded with shards of glass, and a leather overdress and shoulderpad. Grot also produces a crudely-fashioned bone tri-section staff.
    "I hope this will do."

Spoiler
    Show

Equipment Get!
    • Sansetsukon: 1d10 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 3 lbs, Bludgeon, Blocking/Disarm/Monk
    • 2 Bone Daggers: 1d4 dmg, 19-20/x2, 10' thrown, 2 lbs each, Slash or Pierce
    • Small Maquahuitl: 1d6 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 2 lbs, Slashing
    • 5 Javelins: 1d6 dmg, x2, 30' thrown, 2 lbs each, Pierce
    • Studded Leather Cuirass and Spaulder: +1 ac, +5 dex, 30ft. move, 17 lbs

*Note: I'm not going to penalize your wisdom>ac bonus for wearing this armor, as it has no ACP and I'm sure that wearing a leather shirt won't be too detrimental to your monkness.

Grot smirks at the small tari, giving him a quick nod of acknowledgement.
    "Don't have any crossbows, but we've got plenty of javelins. Guess they don't want us slaves having the iron. Some of the wealthier masters walk around with iron daggers, though. Master Valorus says the rich love to show off their wealth. I think we're good on everything else, though. Plenty of sharp objects and clothing in here."
    Grot turns to pick out an armful of objects and lays them on the table, presenting them one-by-one to the tari, making sure they fit comfortably.

Spoiler
    Show

Equipment Get!
    • Tkaesali: 1d8 dmg, x3 Crit, 8 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
    • 8 Bone Daggers: 1d3 dmg, 19-20/x2, 10' thrown, 1 lbs each, Slash or Pierce
    • Small Maquahuitl: 1d4 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 1 lbs, Slashing
    • Shortbow: 1d4 dmg, x3, 60', 1 lb, Pierce, 20 obsidian arrows (+1 dmg)
    • Chitin Cuirass and Shell Pauldrons: +4 ac, +1 dex, -6 ACP, 30ft. move, 17 lbs

*There are shortbows, but a crossbow can be made. It will be difficult to do so unless you can effectively craft one using the following items in the pit: an atlatl base, rope and trigger from an alhulak, and a shortbow's spine, using filed-down javelins for the bolts (-1 attack rolls, +5' range). There won't be enough time to do this at the moment, since the first battle of the day will begin shortly.

As Argath speaks up, Grot once again nods his head before reaching over to his weapon racks.
    "I like a kreen that knows what he needs. Not saying that you all don't know what you need. Krikk-da kothluk vreet va brriit."
    Grot hands a shirt-and-skirt of mekillot plate to the thri-kreen and produces a wooden greatsword embedded with shards of bone and glass, a flexible shortbow and arrows, and a wood-shafted longspear tipped with a large mekillot tooth.

Spoiler
    Show

Equipment Get!
    • Tkaesali: 1d10 dmg, x3 Crit, 15 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
    • Great Maquahuitl: 2d6 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 12 lbs, Slashing
    • Shortbow: 1d6 dmg, x3, 60', 2 lbs, Pierce, 20 obsidian arrows (+1 dmg)
    • Shell Cuirass and Spaulders: +7 ac, +1 dex, -7 ACP, 20ft. move, 40 lbs

*Argath knows that Grot has just told him, in a crude form of Kreen, "I hope your battles go easy; keep watch over others."

After everyone has been equipped and outfitted, Grot wipes some sweat from his brow and addresses the group.
    "Anyone got any problems with what they've got? Speak now, or forever hold your peace."

To all:
    Spoiler
    Show

All weapons given to you, assume your class has proficiency with, as these are Dark Sun-setting weapons.

-The tkaesali is effectively the same as a ranseur/longspear.
    -Any metal object will be treated as the same level of rarity as a magic item.
    -Wealth will go by Ceramic Pieces (equal to GP in the core books).
    -Grot likes honey.
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-15 at 10:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Skav pushes the armor back at Grot. No good. Can'tk move. Gotk somefing lightker?

As the Mul explains why they don't have crossbows, Skav just chitters with laughter. Tari make crossbows without use iron, silly half-dwarf...

Otherwise he'll take all the equipment given to him and stow it somewhere on his person. If he sees those javelins Grot was talking about he'll take 3 of them.

Looking at the others he mindlessly scratches at the floor with his clawed foot.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I need armor that doesn't impede my Dex (most light armors fit the bill). However you want to work that through piecemeal is fine.

Skav is going to examine the floor. Is this a dirt floor arena?

Last but not least, I have a map of the arena if you want it. I've included a description of the arena from the Complete guide to Gladiators 2nd Ed book here:
    Spoiler
    Show

When he conquered the city of Draj, the great warrior
    Tectuktitlay was amazed at the absence of a gladiatorial
    arena into which he could send the captured troops to
    fight. Tectuktitlay ordered the creation of a combat
    arena so magnificent that its sheer beauty would rival
    any structure known to the tablelands. Armed with a
    quill rather than a sword, he designed an arena that
    would one day be known far and wide as the “Palace.”
    The new ruler, now known as “The Mighty and
    Omnipotent Tectuktitlay,” quickly began construction
    of the fighting arena and a lavish surrounding palace.
    He pledged the arena would be built before the first
    years of his reign in Draj passed, regardless of how many
    slaves died.
    The Palace of Gladiatorial Combat in Draj is not an
    arena, but rather a modified amphitheater. The arena
    floor is round, with spectator stands rising around twothirds
    of the circle. Across from the spectator seating
    stands the great observation hall of the king. This opulent
    building rises eight stories and dwarfs the surrounding
    spectator grandstands. The structure is covered in
    bas-relief depicting The Mighty and Omnipotent Tectuktitlay
    standing victorious on different fields of battle,
    always flanked by two mighty jaguars. The king, his templars,
    and nobles in good favor watch combat from the
    great hall. Directly behind the hall stands the renowned
    Great Pyramid of the King.
    An expansive red brick esplanade runs from the
    Golden Moon Gate to the Palace of Gladiatorial Combat
    and the Great Pyramid of the King. On gladiatorial
    days, any captured slaves destined for the arena are displayed
    in small wooden pens along the esplanade. This
    is not only to allow the populace to humiliate the captured,
    but also to allow them to view any “worthy” fighters
    before betting in the arena.
    King Tectuktitlay personally enjoys cruelty and violence;
    hence, the entire culture is based on warfare and
    conflict. He uses his slave soldiers and gladiators to raid
    nearby regions in order to obtain more slaves for his
    arena games. It is said that the gladiatorial slaves of Draj
    are feared in the arena because they are like their
    master-ruthless. The cruelty and aggressiveness of the
    gladiatorial fighters attract a few gladiatorial arena
    champions from elsewhere, hoping to prove themselves
    against the “Jaguar Warriors.”
    The citizens of Draj disdain dance and drama, therefore,
    very few jazst troupes ever travel to the city. Combat
    is the preferred form of entertainment.

Check out the Athasian Sandbox, a 3.5 Dark Sun Campaign where the whole world is open to you.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Grot shrugs at the statement on the crossbows as he takes the armor from Skav.
    "Like I said, they just don't give 'em to us. You're free to show me how they're made after the battle, if you like."
    Grot rubs his chin once more as he weighs the armor in one hand.
    "I can see what you mean. A bit heavy on this side. Here, try this one on for size; it's just about the only full suit we have, but I guarantee it's light."
    The mul drops the chitin armor on a table and hands the tari a leather breastplate and bracers, fitted with a fringed skirt for movement. The leather is embroidered with shards of broken teeth and glass.

Spoiler
    Show

New armor:
    Studded Leather Cuirass, Spaulder, Fauld: +3 ac, +5 dex, 20ft. move, 10 lbs

Great find on the arena description. It'll definitely save me some time on typing.

To answer your question: yes, it's a dirt floor arena, to a point. The current room is laid with stone and draped with stiff tapestries that seem to be drenched in blood; there's some thin slits near the ceiling for the air to circulate and for light to come down. For purposes of story, this arena is slightly more impressive than usual, representing the time Tectuktitlay's had to work on his monument to war.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Argath

When given his equipment,

"[Kreen]May our lives not end abruptly without our wishes[/Kreen].

With kind wordz azide, I would enjoy a lighter armor inztead.
    "

Argath will graciously hand back his armor and ask for a lighter set as he has good dexterity and the current armor he was given would just hamper his movements.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-03-15 at 05:36 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Xiro

He dons his armor carefully, then straps his equipment on for ease of use. Testing the bow carefully, he keeps it in his grip, and turns towards the others. "I'm here to keep you lot alive. Stay within a hundred foot of me, and don't let me die, and i'll keep you alive through anything. Whether you trust me or not is your concern, but we all know its within my best interests to keep you alive. Frail man such as myself won't live out in those wastes." He faked a smile, and then turned and began to speak quietly in a language foreign to all but the Tari, although Xiro wouldn't know that. [Elven]How long do you think it is till they betray me like everyone else?"[/Elven]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Kite get up from the cage and takes a look at the weapons and armor, he wasn't expecting steel blades but this looks like it was made from the losers more than anything.

"I dont need the armor. And these weapons will do i guess, but do you have any that is....bigger?"

So it appears that it will be a fight between 2 teams of freshly captured slaves. So he has to fight with these.....people.....against a group of most likely untrained fighters. Kite was slightly relieved to hear he was not fighting any veterans.

Spoiler
    Show

What size weapons are these, things change for me based on if they are light, 1handed, or 2.

I'll assume you meant to put 10' thrown increment on the second weapon.

Kite takes the combat hook, the club, and javelins, and maybe a bag and rope to fashion a backpack to hold it all. The reach weapon...im not sure how i would go about carrying something that size realistically so he will leave that.

Looking for the most dangerous looking 2 handed weapon i can get my hands on, something that will intimidate the enemies and is very dangerous.

Kite will manifest his medium armor and start adding his customizations: psionic attacks, ranged attack, spiked carapace, energy resistance fire.
    Last edited by Rentaromon; 2012-03-15 at 09:14 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    Xiro

He dons his armor carefully, then straps his equipment on for ease of use. Testing the bow carefully, he keeps it in his grip, and turns towards the others. "I'm here to keep you lot alive. Stay within a hundred foot of me, and don't let me die, and i'll keep you alive through anything. Whether you trust me or not is your concern, but we all know its within my best interests to keep you alive. Frail man such as myself won't live out in those wastes."
    "Just stay behind me and they wont come near you."

Kites armor takes form, a covering a jagged crystals glowing with psionic energy covers his body, and the weapons he now carries. Large crystal spikes form all over him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ill accept Xiro's connection, if i recall we have to accept it.
    Last edited by Rentaromon; 2012-03-15 at 09:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Grot takes the armor from Argath, scratching his bald head as his eyes dart over the tables.
    "You guys are pretty picky for slaves. The master won't mind, though. I see something special about you five. Let's see here... ah, we've got this. This do?"
    He lifts a second leather cuirass, attached with spaulder and skirt, stitched with bone and tooth, just as the pair given to Skav.

Spoiler
    Show

Studded Leather Armor: +3ac, 0acp, +5dex, 30 lbs.
    *I see you've gone ahead and predicted me. Watch out guys, we've got a real psion over here!

Grot takes the chitin armor from Kite and throws it onto a table behind him.
    "Gotta respect a guy that'll go into battle with what his momma gave him. And damn is that something she gave you."
    As Grot speaks, he gestures the bone spear once again and brandishes both a large wooden sword with bits of bone and glass along its edge and a heavy stone-headed longhammer in the other hand. You all notice he looks a bit more grave with all of these weapons held aloft.
    "You want bigger, I've got bigger."

Spoiler
    Show
    Addressed in the OOC, the 10' increment was a copypasta error in using the list skeleton. You've got your backpack and your customizations have been noted. As for intimidating 2H weapons, you've got your pick between a tkaesali, great maquahuitl, and a maul.

*Tkaesali: 1d10 dmg, x3 Crit, 15 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
    *Great Maquahuitl: 2d6 dmg, 19-20/x2, 12 lbs, Slashing
    *Maul: 1d12 dmg, x2 Crit, 10 lbs, Bludgeon

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Kite grabs the Great Maquahuitl, the glow of his psionic energy envelops it.

"Now this is a sword! First opponent to come near me is going to get ripped in half with this thing, that should demoralize the rest of them."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rieken was relieved to be so fortunate to get a three-section-staff for herself, even if it was bone and not the one her father used. Curiously donning the leather shirt, she moved around a bit in it, getting comfortable and deciding to keep it and the daggers too. She looked somewhat dissapointedly at the javelins and the small maquahuitl. Placing them down from whence they came, she smiled gently to Grom. "Thank you for your kindness, but I was wondering if you might have a sling, or maybe another dagger or two? I've never used a maquahitl or javelin in my life, I'm ashamed to admit."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Skav hisses with joy at the new armor presented by Grot. Yes, fis will do nicely...

Taking his time to properly don the armor and re-arrange his weapons, he nods to Xiro and quietly answers him. [Elven]Depends on how good you are atk keeping us alive like you say.[/elven]

Skav takes a moment to eye Kite's psionic armor. Looks impressive. Enemy will tkargetk you. Don'tk die.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Xiro

He shakes his head softly, slipping a crystal he had had out carefully back into his pocket, he turns to the creature who responded to him, speaking back in the same language from which he started. [Elven]You speak this language? That's rare, from where i've come. I wasn't talking to you though. I was talking to my companion."[/Elven]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RPGAgmJAY View Post
    Skav takes a moment to eye Kite's psionic armor. Looks impressive. Enemy will tkargetk you. Don'tk die.
    "Well if they concentrate on me then take the chance to stab them in the back, im sure your good at that." Kite says fully meaning to be a compliment.
    Last edited by Rentaromon; 2012-03-15 at 12:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Argath

Argath bows to the man and graciously excepts his new armor. As he places on the new armor, he is stricken by nostalgia from back when he was first being trained in the ways of the warrior. He then angers himself by remembering how he wasn't able to perform any of the psionics training.

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologizes for putting down the armor before you told me about it. I figured it was going to be the same type considering slaves probably wouldn't get too large of an assortment of armor and weaponry.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rentaromon View Post
    "Well if they concentrate on me then take the chance to stab them in the back, im sure your good at that." Kite says fully meaning to be a compliment.
    Skav bears his teeth at Kite in a frightful manner. You assume much man-flesh. Maybe you guess rightk. When fightk, stkep to leftk and Skav will find opening to rightk. We survive fis day me finks...

Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    Xiro

He shakes his head softly, slipping a crystal he had had out carefully back into his pocket, he turns to the creature who responded to him, speaking back in the same language from which he started. [Elven]You speak this language? That's rare, from where i've come. I wasn't talking to you though. I was talking to my companion."[/Elven]
    Skav chitters. [Elven]Crazy man speak to rock. Maybe elves slip somefing in your drink that make you crazy. Skav has tkraded with fem in fe wastkes... notk tko be tkrustked.[/Elven] those last words he spits out with contempt.
    Last edited by RPGAgmJAY; 2012-03-15 at 02:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Xiro

Shaking his head softly, he replies to the chittering rat man. [Elven]"Who and what i trust, and rely on, is my own problem. I choose not to judge you for who you are, you would do well to grant me the same courtesy."[/Elven] He then moves to make distance between himself and Skav, effectively ending the conversation by default.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-03-15 at 04:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

After finishing his transformation and swinging the sword a few times kite feels he is as physically ready as he can be.

"So we are going to fight for are lives together, i guess we should have a battle plan. Any clever ideas?"
    Last edited by Rentaromon; 2012-03-15 at 05:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Responding to Rieken, Grot acts with all the quickness one expects of a mul.
    "Can't say I've ever heard of someone that hasn't thrown a spear before, but I'll drop it at that. While we don't have the fanciest of things, we've got something for everyone in here."
    Grot quickly replaces the maquahuitl and javelins with two bone daggers, a leather thong, and a linen kerchief filled with several flat stones.

Spoiler
    Show

Two more bone daggers,
    one Sling: 1d4 dmg, x2, 50', 0.1 lbs, Bludgeon
    10 stones, suitable for a sling without penalizing attack rolls, 5 lbs total.
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-15 at 05:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rieken thanked Grot yet again, tying the sling around her wrist like a bracelet and slipping two daggers onto either hip, listening to the discussion of what to do when on the battlefield. "I'm no expert in strategy, but perhaps we should open with a distance attack before closing in? We can change tactics if need be, of course..." she offered, holding the linked bones under her arm.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Argath

"Zoundz like a zimple yet effective ztrategy. Archery iz zpecialty of mine."

Argus will hold the Tkaesali in his lower arms, for easy access, while wielding the shortbow with his main arms. His Maquahuitl will be strapped to his back for now, but he doesn't see himself using it and might trade it off if given a good trade; perhaps maybe food or water if it come up.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-03-17 at 05:08 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Hmm an opening volley is a good start to any fight, assuming they don't have better ranged weapons or casters."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Umm are anyone want to post?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Skav nods in agreement. Yess... we all shootk atk same person. Choose fe big one. Less of fem, better is for us.