New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

I... want to see things no one can see. The truths of Pokémon inside Poké Balls. The ideals of how Trainers should be. And a future where Pokémon have become perfect... Do you feel the same? Then this is a thread for you. Show me your vision of the perfect Pokémon thread!

These are friend codes (Partially out of date: If they are, post your new codes now and I'll fix them). For your friends. If you're not on here? It means you're not friendly. Also that for whatever reason they didn't get put here. If you're not here, just mention it whenever you can.
    FRIEND CODES:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Name|Diamond|Pearl|Platinum|HeartGold|SoulSilver|B lack|White
    Legoshrimp|2923-1445-3340|X|X|X|1849-3954-2553|X|X
    Kobold Bard|X|X|X|4168-8792-1683|X|X|X
    Freako|X|X|1333-4517-6347|X|2966-0800-3851|X|X
    Jimp|X|X|X|X|2407-7659-7056|X|X
    tgva8889|X|X|3438-0598-0009|X|3052-0635-4414|X|3353-3706-1386
    Mattarias, King.|X|X|X|3524-4231-3529|X|X|4770-6741-0740
    Linkavitch|X|X|X|5027-8564-5267|X|X|X
    SparkMandriller|2277-4598-3685|X|X|X|X|X|X
    B-Man|X|X|X|X|5371-4488-1062|X|X
    goldfly|X|X|X|0174-5615-7997|X|3782-8897-6594|3009-8301-5885
    Deth Muncher|X|X|1162-2087-3138|X|X|X|X
    Terry576:|0174-5674-2515|X|X|X|X|X|X
    AtlanteanTroll|X|X|1505-6983-3009|X|1291-5054-9504|X|3911-6794-1526
    Qwertystop|X|X|2450-2269-2301|4770-4806-9656|X|X|X
    The-Mage-King|5369-7209-0920|X|X|X|X|X|4169-5014-1806
    bue52|X|X|0088-3371-2579|0689-7808-4229|X|X|X
    Geno9999|X|5328-7909-7435|X|X|1892-8459-0727|Owned|X
    oxybe|X|X|X|4684-4678-9165|X|X|1162-9092-9501
    Drascin|X|X|X|X|X|3525-1309-6530|X
    Ryzouken|X|X|3782-2115-8275|X|X|4512-9802-0628|X
    Deuxhero|X|X|X|X|3481-6327-5325|X|4727-7229-9821
    FantasyFoxMan|X|X|X|1677-9053-6018|X|X|1377-6516-2321
    CoffeeIncluded|X|X|X|X|X|X|0389-8063-2889
    ShinyRocks|X|X|X|X|X|2064-8383-8632|X
    Turalisj|X|X|X|X|X|4684-8033-0061|X
    OracleofWuffing|X|X|X|X|X|4684-8355-8999|X
    Crimson Angel|X|X|X|X|X|2494-4300-9144|X
    Mando Knight|Owned|Owned|X|1806-4645-4773|X|X|1850-1765-8454
    breakdownjason|X|X|X|X|X|1291-9831-7735|X
    Thormag|X|X|X|X|X|1764-5885-4832|X[/table]

Related to the friend codes is the IRC. Use this channel when you want to trade with other people.

irc.quakenet.org/#pkmtrade

Also, the following members posses TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) ways of getting you TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) hacked Pokeymans.
    Kobold-Bard
    ryzouken
    Hunter Noventa
    Qwertystop
    OracleofWuffing

The Last Thread: The Virtually Indestructible Thread

Helpful Links/Hints For Adventuring Ten Year Olds

Bulbapedia
    Smogon
    Metalkid's Damage Calculator
    Metalkid's IV Calculator
    Serebii
    Pokémon Online (for battles over the internets when you don't want to bother training things by hand)

Breeding For Dummies:
    Spoiler
    Show

So, you're tired of navigating a Pokemon thread where everyone uses fancy words and stuff? Well no worries! Here's a guide on... BREEDING FOR DUMMIES!

One of the first things to remember in breeding is that there are natures that help and ones that hinder. For instance, a Special Attacker such as Mewtwo would be hindered by an Adamant nature, but helped in his stat growth by a Modest nature. To improve your chances for getting a particular Nature in a child Pokémon, use at least one parent with the Nature you want, and give it the Everstone.

Brilliant Spreadsheet for Growth.

Some IVs are randomly inherited from the parents. You can lock in a maximum of one IV by giving a parent the corresponding Power training item (Power Bracer for Attack, Power Lens for Special Attack, and so forth). Use Flat Battles to determine the IVs of a hatched Pokémon, or if you only care about the highest IV and the sum of all of its IVs, you can take it to a guy who's in the lobby of either the Battle Tower or the Battle Subway, depending on your game. You're looking for them to judge it Relatively Superior overall and Can't Be Better in its best stat.

The third main thing with breeding is Egg Moves. Egg moves are moves the parent has, and passes down to a child. For instance, in my breeding of Chimchar, the egg moves are Grass Knot and Swords Dance, which are passed down to the child who gets said moves from the start. In order to pass on most Egg Moves, the father must know the move (Genderless Pokémon never learn Egg Moves). These include all of the moves that are listed as the child Pokémon's Egg Moves in a move list chart, as well as any compatible TMs or HMs. You can also pass on moves that the child would learn by level-up that aren't in those two lists--for these, both parents must know the move.

Dr. Strangemon or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Min-Max

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't feel the need to bother with this stuff unless you're playing against humans or at the Battle Frontier. You shouldn't need it for most of the game, and it can be kind of a pain.

Individual Values
    Every Pokémon species has its own base stats, as you probably know. Aerodactyl are very fast but have weak defenses, Blissey have huge amounts of HP, Luvdisc are terrible at everything but speed, and so on. But, in addition to the normal stat allocation, every Pokemon gets a bonus of 0-31 points applied to each stat. So a level 100 Tyranitar could have an attack stat of 273, or it could have a attack of 304. That bonus is the IV.
    A Pokémon has its IVs generated the moment you meet it, or accept its egg, and there's no way to change them. You're stuck with what you've got. However, you can influence them a little, if you're willing to breed. Bred Pokémon don't randomly generate all their IVs, they inherit up to 3 from their parents. Still doesn't help that much, especially if the parents have bad IVs, but what can you do? Typically you just end up hatching like a billion eggs until you get a good one.

Effort Values
    Every time you win a fight, your Pokémon get experience, but that's not all they get. Every Pokémon also gives out effort points. For every 4 effort points in a particular stat, your Pokémon gains 1 point in it. So if that Tyranitar from earlier with 304 attack had 4 attack EVs, his actual attack would be 305. If he had 252 attack EVs, it'd be 367. Sounds handy, but there are limits. You can't have more than 255 points in a single stat, and you can't have more than 510 EVs in total.

You'll see a lot of Pokémon with 252 attack/special attack EVs, 252 speed, and 4 HP, but there are a lot of ways to configure them. Defensive Pokémon will obviously focus on different things, Pokémon which use both physical and special attacks will need to split EVs between them or possibly sacrifice speed, and so on.

It's a tremendous pain to work out what EVs your Pokémon has, so you'll likely want to start with a Pokémon that you freshly hatched and work from there, though you don't have to. There are 6 berries that reduce EVs in a single stat each, so you can use those to reset your Pokémon and start from scratch. After that, just keep a careful record of what you fight, and only take down Pokémon that you know give you the EVs you want.

EV training takes a while, but there are a few ways you can speed it up. The first is an astonishingly rare status condition called Pokérus. Any Pokémon with Pokérus gets double EVs from fights, and will spread the Pokérus to any Pokémon in your party for the first 72 hours after it catches it. After those 72 hours it stops being contagious, but still gets double EVs. Pokérus has something like 1/20000 chance to appear on wild Pokemon, but with the magic of the internet I'm sure you can obtain it.

The second way to speed up EV training is through Power Items. If a Pokémon is holding the right item, they get bonus EVs from every fight. For example, a Pokémon holding a Power Lens will get 4 special attack EVs. A Pokémon holding a Power Anklet will get 4 speed EVs. A Pokémon holding a Macho Brace will just get double the EVs of whatever they're fighting. These bonuses are doubled if you have Pokérus.

The third way to speed up EVs is through vitamins. Each vitamin given to a Pokémon gives them +10 EVs in a certain stat, up to a limit of 100. 1 protein gives 10 attack EVs, 10 give 100. These unfortunately aren't doubled by Pokérus or items, so you'll have to pay for the full amount. Luckily money is easy to come by in these games.

Just as an example, I'll show how I EV'd my Gengar.
    First, I gave him 10 calcium, and 10 carbos, so 100 special attack and 100 speed already.
    After that, I gave him Pokérus and a lucky egg, got him to meet a Floatzel (2 speed EVs, doubled to 4 because of Pokérus), and then sent out my Weezing to explode on it so Gengar could get all the experience, for a higher level and 100 special attack, 104 speed.
    After that, I gave him a Power Lens, flew over to the Old Chateau, and killed 15 Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 from the lens, doubled to 10 from Pokérus) for 150 special attack EVs, bringing my total to 250 special attack, 104 speed.
    After that I equipped a power anklet and killed one more Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 speed from the anklet, doubled to 2 and 8 from Pokérus), meaning Gengar had 252 attack, and 112 speed.
    Leaving the anklet equipped, I flew to Route 201, and killed 14 Starly (1 speed from Starly, 4 from the anklet, meaning 10 speed per starly thanks to Pokérus), for a total of 252 attack, 252 speed.
    All that was left after that was to kill a Bidoof with a Power Weight (1 HP from Bidoof, 4 from the Weight, 10 thanks to Pokerus, although I only gained 6 points because I hit the EV cap), leaving my Gengar with 252 special attack EVs, 252 Speed, and 4 HP, just how I wanted him.
    Roughly an hour's work, and one Pokemon down.

tl;dr: The simplified version of EVs/IVs - EVs are gained by fighting other Pokémon. They vary by the Pokémon defeated. They increase your stats for every 4 gained. IVs are inherent to a Pokémon. They increase stats for every point possessed, and range from 0 to 31. EVs have to be manually tracked or else removed entirely with certain berries. IVs can be checked by knowing the EVs of a Pokémon and then plugging its stats into an IV calculator. The higher the Pokémon's level, the more accurate; level 100 wifi battles provide maximum accuracy.

Now, you might ask, "Mando Knight, how do you get those accented e's?" On a PC, change your keyboard layout to US-International, and press 'e. For some versions of Windows, if you don't want the US-International keyboard on all the time, you can also have it switch between different registered keyboards with a press of Ctrl+Shift. (Alt+Shift lets you switch languages, in case you need to type a bunch of characters like these: ασδφγηξκλ)
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-12-22 at 12:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

Whoo! First!

EDIT: wasn't there supposed to be some sort of Platinum related title?
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2011-12-21 at 11:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Yes! New Thread smell.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

3RD POST!!!11ONE!1

Ahem. Carry on.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2011-12-21 at 11:45 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I feel this pun to be insufficient ... But I've got nothing.

Also these new WiFi rules wont stop PokeSav? Then what's the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

It will stop totally hacked movesets, abilities, and EVs.

Like Mewtwo with 999 in every stat, with Draco Meteor and other such moves.

And Wonder Guard.

It won't stop stuff like 31 IV'd Perfect Smogon EV spread pokemon though.

Especially if those Perfect EV spread Pokemon have legit movesets.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Didn't think of a witty enough one, and the recurring theme from Black & White got stuck in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    It won't stop stuff like 31 IV'd Perfect Smogon EV spread pokemon though.

Especially if those Perfect EV spread Pokemon have legit movesets.
    The IVs are the only hard part. The legit movesets and EVs are easy enough that I can do most of it with my certified all-natural* Pokémon training.

*All-natural is defined by the Pokémon raised being no less than one generation separated from any hacked Pokémon and no intentional RNG abuse to force the generation of perfect Pokémon.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Just posting to mark the thread for myself. nothing to add right now, but maybe soon, just about done(well, maybe. Tempted to breed a Wildcard or Ace of spades) Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2(man, I do love games involving breeding monsters), and might just fire up Platinum and do my all Eevee Run after I'm done DQMJ:2
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2011-12-22 at 03:04 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be "Our Ponies are on Fire."

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Also these new WiFi rules wont stop PokeSav? Then what's the point?
    As someone who had Phantasy Star Online as one of his first online games, it's kind of embedded in my blood that if someone claims that they're cracking down on hacked stuff to make things fairer for other people, they're not actually following through on that claim for that reason.

Thing is, look, we we can look at a save file. We know where data that represents a pokemon starts and ends. It is so incredibly easy to clone a pokemon flawlessly that it is pretty much copypasta. If you use Pokesav/gen/hax/tofu for this purpose, the only way to keep track of what's been duped is to keep a running list of PIDs and ban those that keep showing up- and this will also ban the legit one. This pretty much also means that if you actually want to ban all "illegal modification" programs, you will be banning legit players that occasionally use GTS.

But there's more. We're also dang sure (well, okay, actually the guy that made the program is somewhat confident) about how PIDs work with IVs and abilities that a click of a button tells us if an IV spread is legitimate, and legit movesets can be found incredibly easily.

Long story short, the only people that will get "caught" with hacked pokemon under these rules are the people who don't even try to make legitimate pokemon and could be spotted a mile away. For what it's worth, the rules also don't actually punish you for using such pokemon, they just won't let you battle in the first place until you release the pokemon- which is not a concern at all for folks that can get a save file on their computer.

It's not about tracking down and punishing illegitimate pokemon. Maybe it's about fair play, I don't know, (frankly I find it fairer that everybody has access to whatever IV Heatran they want without replaying the game every time they want to change its moveset) that's a construct that is invented and controlled by them. By looking at things, though, it sounds to me that what's going on is that they're banning Dark Void, and then repeating the same statements that hacked pokemon are not allowed as they were previously. They're just throwing on their verbal weight on the hacked pokemon rules, though, because that way folks that legitimately raise pokemon don't get upset because their Dark Void pokemon just got nerfed and nothing was done about hacked pokemon usage.

'Course, that last paragraph is all speculation from me.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2011-12-22 at 09:44 AM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Heatran can't be caught with soft reset?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

In the list of TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGIT Pokemon providers, I'm still listed under my old username (master256). Please change this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Heatran can't be caught with soft reset?
    Say you soft-reset for a Calm Heatran, so you can have a defensive wall. All's well and good, right? Good. Now, say you decide on tweaking your team, and now your team needs a fire/steel type to lay an offensive smackdown. Whelp! Time to play through an entire game to soft reset for a single pokemon again.

Sure, yes, things worth doing are worth doing right and Arceus forbid I invest time in catching and raising pokemon in a game about catching and raising pokemon, I know. But that's not fair play, that's artificial gameplay extension.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I'm still listed under my old username (master256). Please change this.
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Say you soft-reset for a Calm Heatran, so you can have a defensive wall. All's well and good, right? Good. Now, say you decide on tweaking your team, and now your team needs a fire/steel type to lay an offensive smackdown. Whelp! Time to play through an entire game to soft reset for a single pokemon again.

Sure, yes, things worth doing are worth doing right and Arceus forbid I invest time in catching and raising pokemon in a game about catching and raising pokemon, I know. But that's not fair play, that's artificial gameplay extension.
    ...That's why I've taken to not using legends unless I'm absolutely sure which build I want for them.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Mando has a good point. Though, I do love my Heatran. Can't remember it's IVs or EVs though. I really wish there was a way to figure that out. I'm still super pissed about losing all of my Breeding data. Haven't had the will to make any new Pokes since, either.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2011-12-22 at 12:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Knowing which build you want for a certain pokemon is good and all, if you plan on keeping the same team for an entire generation (and the pokemon is recatchable in the next generation). I don't know how popular that sort of thing is.

Though, I do love my Heatran. Can't remember it's IVs or EVs though. I really wish there was a way to figure that out.
    I could totally do that for you, sometime after the 25th when my work schedule returns to normal.
    ---

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I could totally do that for you, sometime after the 25th when my work schedule returns to normal.
    Could you really? You realize I dont know either the EVs OR IVs, right? Or can you do that with your AR, because that'd be super!! I have multiple Pokemon I seriously need to get data from. Namely my Salamence, Blissey, Heatran, Suicune, Ferrothorn, Zekrom, Darmanitan, Celebi, and Victini.

Speaking of Victini, when does that event end?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2011-12-22 at 02:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Knowing which build you want for a certain pokemon is good and all, if you plan on keeping the same team for an entire generation (and the pokemon is recatchable in the next generation). I don't know how popular that sort of thing is.
    Rebuilding EVs is simple enough with a berry farm, so for legendaries the only thing that's really stuck are the IVs and nature. And any special event moves, like Movie 14 Victini's V-Create and Fusion Bolt/Flare. So no, you can't switch from hyper-tank to super-sweeper, but really, you shouldn't need to do so regularly anyway.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, I'm starting a Black Nuzlocke. I can't particularly draw and I'm doing it on a Cart, so there's no way to record my progress through Screen Caps. Should I bother starting a Written Nuzlocke thread, or should I just post here if anything particularly lolzy happens?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Could you really? You realize I dont know either the EVs OR IVs, right? Or can you do that with your AR, because that'd be super!! I have multiple Pokemon I seriously need to get data from. Namely my Salamence, Blissey, Heatran, Suicune, Ferrothorn, Zekrom, Darmanitan, Celebi, and Victini.
    Basically, you trade me the pokemon, then I copy a save file off to my computer, and load everyone up in Pokegen. There, I can view all of a pokemon stats, including IVs and EVs. Then, like, I don't even send the copied save file back, I just trade back the pokemon the next day or so, no changes actually made. Like I said, though, it'll have to wait until after Christmas. My days off are always on Thursdays, but I should be getting some time afterwards on other days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Rebuilding EVs is simple enough with a berry farm, so for legendaries the only thing that's really stuck are the IVs and nature.
    'Swhat I've been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    So no, you can't switch from hyper-tank to super-sweeper, but really, you shouldn't need to do so regularly anyway.
    One change is more than enough, as far as I care. Why should I have to replay an entire game because I didn't know that my team two years from now wanted a different nature on its legendary, and instead raised a legendary that was built for the team I had in mind now?

So, I'm starting a Black Nuzlocke. I can't particularly draw and I'm doing it on a Cart, so there's no way to record my progress through Screen Caps. Should I bother starting a Written Nuzlocke thread, or should I just post here if anything particularly lolzy happens?
    Just post about it here, unless you get a really good backstory going.

Reminds me, I still need to do that "Pokemon Black from my point of view" bit.
    ---

20. - Top - End - #20

That reminds me! Once I finish my Moemon screencap Nuzlocke, I plan to go back to sketching on my tablet and draw a comic of it.

Spoiler
    Show

That would be the generic character design. Maybe a bit more simplistic, because it takes a tad long to draw that.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Woo! New thread! Also, I have a female DW Vulpix (and the possibilty of maybe being online in the morning (8:15 CST - 8:45 CST)), a female DW Xatu and a female DW Salamence that I may be able to breed up (with corresponding natures and at least 2 31 IV's if anyone is interested and not completely put off by my weird hours.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Basically, you trade me the pokemon, then I copy a save file off to my computer, and load everyone up in Pokegen. There, I can view all of a pokemon stats, including IVs and EVs. Then, like, I don't even send the copied save file back, I just trade back the pokemon the next day or so, no changes actually made. Like I said, though, it'll have to wait until after Christmas. My days off are always on Thursdays, but I should be getting some time afterwards on other days.
    Well, I wouldn't be available till after Christmas anyway, so that's cool.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

My Boxes are full in my White version, so EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Have you ever wanted Timburrs or Solosis with 31 IVs? What if they were in awesome stats, like Attack (Timburr), Special Attack (Solosis) or HP (both)? I'm offering these for trade! Make an offer and if it's not in my Pokedex, I will automatically accept! All Pokemon also come with a FREE EV-reducing berry of YOUR CHOICE! I can also provide Litwick and Frillish, though I cannot be perfectly sure of their IVs.

Let me know, because I will be clearing out my boxes soon and releasing large numbers of extra Timburrs, Litwick, and Frillish (and Munna but my Munnas are awful) so let me know!

I will also begin production of any of the following soon:
    Regenerator Slowpoke
    Regenerator Tangela
    Anticipation Eevee
    Prankster Murkrow
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-12-23 at 09:27 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Ooohhh, Prankster Murkrow would be AWESOME...

25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

A female anticipation Eevee would be the best thing ever.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

In the same holiday spirit tgva8889 seems to be enjoying, I have a spare Virtuoso Victini. Speaking of Virtuoso Victini, I have a dilema. The Victini I'm soft resetting for, has 31 Atk IVs, 31 SpA IVs and 31 SpD IVs ... But it's docile and it's other IVs are in the teens. I don't keep this, right?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

While it is best to have a good nature and good IVs, it is generally better to have a good nature and poor IVs than it is to have a poor nature and good IVs, pretty much.
    ---

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

While it is best to have a good nature and good IVs, it is generally better to have a good nature and poor IVs than it is to have a poor nature and good IVs, pretty much.
    Yeah, I dumped it. Docile isn't really good.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

So, there is a slim chance I'll be getting Pearl and/or Platinum at Christmas (they got moved quite high up my list, given the complete and total lack of any new games I'm interested in), and having thoroughly corrupted by six-year old neice with Black (harhar), I'm starting to finalise my teams for the run-throughs of White and SoulSilver (which I have got but haven't really touched yet), and those two aforementioned by extension (them being the last games of gen III-V that I haven't got yet.)

My main dilemma at the moment, is planning a water-type for White(mostly for surf, because I like to have Surf and Fly omnipresent in my primary teams, as I can't be arsed to keep changing out HM slaves...).

Each run-through of a game, I like to have something different (I'm starting to struggle a bit with Flyers at this stage!) (Well, I say that, I do have a few old favourites I've used more than once, but even so...)

Theoretically, I have access to everything from gen II onwards (my Gen III LeafGreen Pokedex is complete bar the Charmander and Treeko lines (which I'm preparing for in FireRed and Emerald), Kabuto (FireRed again, I think), Ho-oH (which I'm eventually going to swipe from Colloseum) and the event legendaries, though my Gen IV stuff isn't quite there yet. (Though some of the pain will be taken out by the Pal Park - ditto for Gen V, of course...!)

However, I'm trying to mostly keep to the current generation stuff, as it is the newer stuff.

My current nominal team for White would consist of the following so far.

Current:Tepig (got; I bought White ages ago, mainly so that I could get a second Victini that I could potentally trade up generations, yes, I know, I'm that sad...!)

Nominal:Braviary and Zorua (if I can cadge them off the net, once I've actually knobbled the elite four in Black to trade in. And, yes, I know I can get Rufflet in White, but I want to start with one relatively early! And I don't know if there will be a third game to Black and White. Though if my google search is any indication, I might as well hold off until January as it may be annouced then, I dunno...)

Solosis

AN Water type. As I say, this is where I'm having my biggest problem. There aren't too many decent water-types (hell there are't many water-types, period!) in Black and White. So currently I'm trying to work out which is better out of Jellicent or Simipour. Simipour is strictly better statwise from my typical hit-them-repeatedly-brute-force stratagies, but Jellicent does have the ghost-type advantage. (I'm also having to bear in mind what I might want to use in Pearl (I'll be using Piplup in Platinum), which is why I'm not looking too hard at prior gens for the moment.) What do you reckon?

Maybes
    Prankster Cottonee (or Prankster Murkrow) for paralysing for capture
    Emolga (I know, but I likes me my (special) electric types and Tynamo looks like too much hard work for the run-through. Plus Acrobatics is awesome!)
    Sewaddle

My prior game team primaries, I.e. the things I'd rather not use again, consist of:

Spoiler
    Show

LeafGreen: Venasaur, Pikachu (don't judge me! He does even have a Lightball now!), Pidgeott, Alakazam, Vaporeon and Blaziken (in the final line-up)

FireRed: Charizard, Rapidash, Parasect (I know, I know, I just wanted Spore, and this was the last game of Gen III I started!), Blastoise, Alakazam (with a different set of moves, this time all the elemental punches plus psychic, because you could do that in III...!), Venusaur (because I really like the Gen I starters - blame Ash Ketchum, all I can say...)

Colosseum: Espeon, Meganium, Entei, Misdreavus, Ampharos, Quagsire

Gale of Darkness: Jolteon, Flygon, Lunatone, Arbok, Ursaring, Walrein

Sapphire: Blaziken, Pelipper, Aggron, Raichu, Sharpedo, Beautifly (for easy Stun Spore)

Ruby: Swampert, Crotbat, Breloom, Alakazam (yes, again...!), Manectric, Camerupt

Emerald: Sceptile, Seviper, Whiscash, Sableye, Typhlosion, Swellow

Diamond: Infernape, Staravia, Bibarel, Beautifly, Dialga, Luxray

HeartGold: Feraligator, Arcanine, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Scyther, Ampharos

Black: Samurott, Archeos, Exadrill, Victini, Gavantula, Krookodile (who will be replaced by a stunning max SA IV Litwick evolution for the post-E4 half of the game; she was so good, I decided that I wasn't going to waste her and I'd never get one as good in White).

Pearl (projected) Turtwig

Platinum (projected) Piplup

SoulSilver: Chikorita, Driftloon (traded in from Dimanond=>HG=>SS), Horsea (ditto)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-12-23 at 03:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

GRAH INCOHERENT RAGE

I can't find my copy of Diamond.

Which has a shiny Metagross, Flygon, Salamence, and Tyranitar. It has all my pokemon from my old Emerald game, which were childhood memories of joy. It has Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Giratina, Heatran, Dialga, Palkia, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Mew.

It held all my battle teams. It had like 3 Garchomps, 2 Salamences, my Dragonite, pretty much every starter from every generation ever, and had around 400 pokemon caught.

And now I can't find it.

Meaning that I will refuse to create a new file on Soul Silver until I do find it, as that will be the only way I can conceivably move the Shiny Pidgey and Cyndaquil the game had before I got it onto my "zomguber" file.

I'm pretty annoyed by this event. That game had like 100~120 hours logged on it, and now it has VANISHED FROM MEEEE

In other news, I completed the Maingame for Pokemon Black.

STATS AM I RITE:

Name: Touko
    Time: 29:42
    Pokedex: 149
    FINAL TEAM:
    Spoiler
    Show

Smugleaf: Lv.52, Serperior. Bashful Nature. Strength, Giga Drain, Leaf Blade, Coil.

Glass: Lv. 47, Archeops. Hardy Nature. Acrobatics, U-turn, Rock Slide, Fly.

I regret having glass instead of that water guy. I had no water types throughout the ENTIRE GAME

Megiddo: Lv.54, Haxorus. Adamant Nature (Traded from a friend~) Dragon Claw, Slash, Dragon Tail, Swords Dance.

He was the best sweeper of all time ever.

Hitsugaya: Lv.54, Lucario. Adamant Nature (Same friend!) Swords Dance, Brick Break, Poison Jab, Aura Sphere.

the star: Lv.51, Chandelure. Modest Nature. Shadow Ball, Flame Burst, Fire Blast, Hex.

I kinda wanna restart and play again. It was really fun.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-12-23 at 04:36 PM.