New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    (Also, shiny Reshiram/Zekrom is blatantly illegitimate: the code expressly forbids one from appearing. Most requests for "TOTALLY LEGITIMATE" Pokémon are for those that are indistinguishable from Pokémon generated by the system's RNG or handed out by Nintendo events.)
    Meh, whatever. It's not like I'm ever going online with the thing. All I want is a decent Reshiram I can use in the postgame. And the stupid effort that I have to go through to get an acceptable one is stupid enough that I'm willing to accept a hacked one.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Mrrrr...

I want the Anime to do a Call Back Tournament, where Ash brings in his Tauros and Kingler and Charizard and all his Epic Level Pokemon for the tournament.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Meh, whatever. It's not like I'm ever going online with the thing. All I want is a decent Reshiram I can use in the postgame. And the stupid effort that I have to go through to get an acceptable one is stupid enough that I'm willing to accept a hacked one.
    You want I put Multiscale on it? Is okay, I put Seed Flare on, too. Is alright, is Reshiram, even if you wanted to use it in a competition it'd probably be banned.

Oy, I can't ever remember Reshiram's catch data off the top of my head, so I'll just clone my existing Reshiram, redo its IVs, and recalc its PID. Looks like my work days are Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday this week, so... Wednesdayish?

---

In other news, um, I hate to put a damper on the whole Gen V Part 2 thing, but, um... We are going to get Keldo, Melotta, and Genesect giveaways... Right?
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-03-02 at 09:38 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    You want I put Multiscale on it? Is okay, I put Seed Flare on, too. Is alright, is Reshiram, even if you wanted to use it in a competition it'd probably be banned.
    What? I'd honestly go back and capture the one I wanted, but the automatic save forced my hand. I'm not going to give up my Victini and my Mewtwo just to get a decent Reshiram. I only asked for shiny because I honestly thought you could get one randomly. It's not like I was asking for an illegal moveset. That was totally uncalled for.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

The dismissal in the post I've quoted comes across as "Fine, I'll take the illegal."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    The dismissal in the post I've quoted comes across as "Fine, I'll take the illegal."
    Even if that was how I felt (which it isn't), it's still no reason to be rude.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-03-02 at 10:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Oracle doesn't like illegal pokes, I don't think.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have a pair of requests for the playground, aiming to improve my current team. The first is for a legit Heatran with the calm nature and optimal defensive IVs, and the second is for an Eevee (no specific nature or IVs needed). Thanks for any help in advance.

My friend code for Pokemon White is 0562-1367-4111. Feel free to add me to the list in the OP.
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

In other news, um, I hate to put a damper on the whole Gen V Part 2 thing, but, um... We are going to get Keldo, Melotta, and Genesect giveaways... Right?
    Not in America! All of the cool giveaways are Japan only! [/rant]

In truth, I honestly don't know. I half expect Genesect or one of the other unreleased pokémon to be available in the game as an additional standing legendary or something. Or maybe they'll be plot relevant somehow.
    I'm back.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

All 3 have events coded into Black and White for which they are necessary, one of which involves fighting a guy. I believe it is likely we'll get them. Whether or not it will be any time in the near future is something else entirely.

Also, I'm fairly certain a 0-0-0-0-0-0 Reshiram with a -SpA nature would still probably be viable with which to destroy the post-game.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    All 3 have events coded into Black and White for which they are necessary, one of which involves fighting a guy. I believe it is likely we'll get them. Whether or not it will be any time in the near future is something else entirely.
    You'll also remember that there was an Arceus event in Diamond and Pearl that was unused. Just cause it's there doesn't mean they have to use it. I'm sure these pokémon will be released. The question is when, and for which games.
    I'm back.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Not capture events. Like, actual events involving the ownership of those Pokemon. I feel like they'll be released eventually. It would be highly unfair for them to be released in Japan and for us to never get the Pokemon ever, which has not happened.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

What? I'd honestly go back and capture the one I wanted, but the automatic save forced my hand. I'm not going to give up my Victini and my Mewtwo just to get a decent Reshiram. I only asked for shiny because I honestly thought you could get one randomly. It's not like I was asking for an illegal moveset. That was totally uncalled for.
    Woah, dude, you completely misunderstood me there. I was offering to send you off whatever you'd want, just let me know what your mind settles on, 'cause I'll put whatever you want on it. That frowny face was directed at how every rule set ever bans legendaries, not hacks.

Oracle doesn't like illegal pokes, I don't think.
    ...What?
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-03-03 at 10:10 AM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

100% Accuracy Sheer Cold NinJask?

15. - Top - End - #525
    Banned

So....anyone here read Black Adventures?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

100% Accuracy Sheer Cold NinJask?
    Yeah, No Guard. Also Life Orbed Sheer Force Garchomp, No Guard Trick Room Sheer Cold Shuckle, and Pure Power Slaking. My current team has a Contrary V-Create Baton Pass Entei, Pure Power Dusknoir, and Multiscale Garchomp.

E: UNLIMITED POWAAAH
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-03-03 at 10:37 AM.
    ---

17. - Top - End - #527
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not capture events. Like, actual events involving the ownership of those Pokemon. I feel like they'll be released eventually. It would be highly unfair for them to be released in Japan and for us to never get the Pokemon ever, which has not happened.
    Oops. When I said 'for which games' I meant B/W or B/W2. Not Japanese or American. Sorry. It seems like a lot of people around here have been having trouble communicating lately. Like I said, we (we being the people who have american and european versions of these games) will definitely get these pokémon eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    So....anyone here read Black Adventures?
    Yes! The update schedule right now is really hard to deal with, and I probably end up checking three times a week or more, hoping more pages have been put up since I last checked. It's good! It's one of those comics that makes me wish my drawing wasn't so rusty, so I could do a fan comic too.
    I'm back.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Woah, dude, you completely misunderstood me there. I was offering to send you off whatever you'd want, just let me know what your mind settles on, 'cause I'll put whatever you want on it. That frowny face was directed at how every rule set ever bans legendaries, not hacks.

Sorry for jumping over you like that!

No, all I want is what you can conceivably get from the game (which means no shiny, I guess). And if it isn't too much trouble, can I get a Hasty Zekrom with perfect IVs? I'd offer you something in return, but you can hack up anything you need...

My Black Friend Code is 2838 4873 1849.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-03-03 at 11:08 AM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Mrrrr...

I want the Anime to do a Call Back Tournament, where Ash brings in his Tauros and Kingler and Charizard and all his Epic Level Pokemon for the tournament.
    Didn't they do that once? I remember he brought Squirtle back, not sure what others were involved.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Didn't they do that once? I remember he brought Squirtle back, not sure what others were involved.
    He's temporarily brought in a number of old pokes; Squirtle was during the Kanto Battle Frontier.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamik View Post
    Oops. When I said 'for which games' I meant B/W or B/W2. Not Japanese or American. Sorry. It seems like a lot of people around here have been having trouble communicating lately. Like I said, we (we being the people who have american and european versions of these games) will definitely get these pokémon eventually.
    Ah, I see. I'd guess B/W2, since the games are going to come out soon and the Pokemon haven't been revealed in Japan yet. Except Melottea, who is in a short before the B/W2 movies.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, I see. I'd guess B/W2, since the games are going to come out soon and the Pokemon haven't been revealed in Japan yet. Except Melottea, who is in a short before the B/W2 movies.
    They also specifically mention Keldeo during the trailer for movie 15. All that's left is Genesect.

And the name is also in the movie title, so I feel like an idiot for even pointing it out. >.>
    Last edited by Goldfly; 2012-03-03 at 09:03 PM.
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Dear Nintendo,

Why are the TM prizes for the Veilstone Game Corner so expensive?

Sincerely,
    tonberrian

24. - Top - End - #534
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfly View Post
    They also specifically mention Keldeo during the trailer for movie 15. All that's left is Genesect.

And the name is also in the movie title, so I feel like an idiot for even pointing it out. >.>
    Want I would like to see is Genesect show up in B/W2 as a plot relevant legendary. In fact, I'd like to see more legionaries in general that effect the plot somehow. Anything to break up the standard 'Beat Eight Gyms, Fight Evil Team X, Go Up Against the E4' formula.
    I'm back.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno, I appreciated most of the plots in the games. Though I guess I'm strange, as I think Pokemon Coliseum and Pokemon XD are two of the better games in the series.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, the games had plots?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Dwarf in the Playground

I dunno, I appreciated most of the plots in the games. Though I guess I'm strange, as I think Pokemon Coliseum and Pokemon XD are two of the better games in the series.
    I appreciate the plots too, and I don't think nintendo should remove any part of the winning formula that they've got. But I also think that additions could stand to be made. A lot of the time, I feel like the only thing making me go forward in the games is just a desire to get the next badge, but in my mind, the badges should be relegated to the secondary plot line, and the main driving force of the plot should revolve around stopping Team X. Black and White did this pretty well, although even those games could have done more of it.

Also, it would be cool to see more characterization. Again, Black and White did a little of this, but the next games could probably stand to have more.
    I'm back.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Being that they are sequels, it wouldn't surprise me to see some more characterization.

I was actually discussing Pokemon plots and such earlier, and I was wondering, which games actually did the best with this? I think it's obvious to go for Blue/Red or Gold/Silver, though obviously both could have had several improvements. But I wonder if those actually created the best plots of all the Pokemon games or not.

I think the Orre games actually had pretty good plots, to be honest. The entire plot is based around you trying to stop the evil team from doing whatever it is they are doing (saying such would be spoilers and/or I don't know the answer in Coliseum's case). You were on their tail the whole game, they were always present, and you always felt like even though you were slowly defeating their organization, they were still up to much more evil than you could defeat until you got near the end of the game. And the villains, I think, are much more identifiable, to the point that one of them even returns in the next game for no reason other than that he was a recognizable and popular character.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-03-03 at 11:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was actually discussing Pokemon plots and such earlier, and I was wondering, which games actually did the best with this? I think it's obvious to go for Blue/Red or Gold/Silver, though obviously both could have had several improvements. But I wonder if those actually created the best plots of all the Pokemon games or not.
    This may be controversial, but I think the game that did the Pokémon plot best was Emerald.

I mean, if by 'did the standard pokémon plot best' you mean played it the most straight, then it's probably Red/Blue. But I think they fell short in terms of storytelling, likely due to the technical limitations on how much text they could have. They just couldn't show everything they needed to show to tell all of the story. Emerald, on the other hand, does everything really well. It has a good mix of gyms and battling teams Aqua and Magma, and the pacing is great. In Gens I&II, you beat team rocket what seems like quite a while before you beat all the gyms. In Emerald, the final battle with Archie and Maxie is right before the last gym, which means once you beat these guys, it's straight on to the elite four to beat the game.

I chose Emerald over Ruby or Sapphire because you fight against both teams in this game. While this is one of the biggest deviations from the standard plot present in the main series, it's also the game's real strength. The extra time spent fighting both teams increases the ratio of fighting bad guys to fighting gym leaders to an almost perfect level. It's funny, but in my mind, exactly what makes in unconventional is what makes it the best rendition of the standard plot in the series.

In other news, I am a giant dweeb for having put this much thought into this. Also, I may have to go back and play Emerald again now.
    I'm back.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that, instead of remakes, it would be cool to go back to previous areas in postgames a la Gold and Silver.

So in Gen 6 we would go back to Hoenn to collect the badges again, but it's not a rehash of R/S's plot.