New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

Serebii says Azalea and Route 33.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

I finally got one in Azalea, just east of the PokeMart (near that big rock)! And it's female, so TOO BAD, Whitney!

Any votes on Nicknames? I caught it in a Friend Ball, just because I ran out of other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I finally got one in Azalea, just east of the PokeMart (near that big rock)! And it's female, so TOO BAD, Whitney!

Any votes on Nicknames? I caught it in a Friend Ball, just because I ran out of other stuff.
    Junocross.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Wonder Woman!
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, my DS was running low so I had to pick a name so I could save.

Iiiiiiit'ssss...
    Cress!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, well, that's sweet. I know that I caught mine outside of town, it was in the very first tree I Headbutted. Heracross is so awesome, though. I even used it in Gold version to great effect (though not specifically against Whitney due to a lack of Fighting-type attacks).
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

OK. So I can't use Zekrom in the GBU. I can't use him on the train. And no one at my school uses Ubers in battles. Is there any point in my EV training him? Because I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is anyone else having ridiculous problems hooking up to Nintendo Wi-Fi? I'm trying to create data so I can get the promo Pokemans.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

9. - Top - End - #699
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    OK. So I can't use Zekrom in the GBU. I can't use him on the train. And no one at my school uses Ubers in battles. Is there any point in my EV training him? Because I am.
    In case of a rainy day where you do end up finding a place for uber battles. E4 farming. Fun. Just so it isn't complete Pokedex filler.

It doesn't take that long to EV train, anyway, and if a use does come up, it's not like you get a shot at replicating legendaries.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

El Oh el
    So I just had an OU match, using my super-reliable-mono-fighting team, opponent was using a Sun team, called it at turn 2 that I was going to be utter annihilation. Hitmonlee used Fake Out, got his Unburden boost and proceeded to wreck 4 pokemon before Infernape cleaned up the rest.
    The other guy was probably really confused when I said gg that early in the match

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

You scare me Boj0

12. - Top - End - #702
    Banned

Hello!

There is an upcoming tournamente in my area, bring your own save, Gen 2, level 20, 6 vs 6. Does anyone have any suggestions of roster / items / strats? Would love to hear from all you poke-experts :D

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Generation 2? Like, Gold/Silver/Crystal?

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Best item setup is probably 6 Gold Berries, since at that low level a Gold Berry heals close to half your HP most of the time. Though you can't go wrong with Leftovers or Miracleberries.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Generation 2? Like, Gold/Silver/Crystal?
    My mistake, turns out it was Gen 3. Ruby?

16. - Top - End - #706
    Bugbear in the Playground

How would one get 6 gold berries? Or miaracle berries, for that matter?
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    How would one get 6 gold berries? Or miaracle berries, for that matter?
    Well, not much matters because it was Gen 3 after all, but gold berries are a third place prize at the bug catching contest, you can get them from mystery gifting, trades from gen 1, and wild Furret have them. Miracle Berries are just mystery gifts, though.

Let's see, Gen 3 had abilities, so Wobbuffet's a possibility. Skarmbliss should be pretty standard, too. Milotic can be pretty awesome. Looks like the gerbils are out, so... If Jirachi's obtainable for you, that guy should go without saying.

Heracross is pretty awesome in those conditions, there's no Salamence to worry about. Gyarados might be a thing, but it loses out on having Dragon Dance due to the rules you're running. Starmie's awesome as ever if you're not already running Milotic (and even then...). Since you won't be able to use Raikou or Zapdos, I think the next electric guy up would be Jolteon.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

18. - Top - End - #708
    Banned

I was so invested in my electabuzz team with all punches... :(

Anyways, only Ruby-catchable/tradeable pokemon now. No inter-version trading :(

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    I was so invested in my electabuzz team with all punches... :(
    As fun of a gimmick it is, you can just do better. Thunderbolt is flat-out better than Thunderpunch, and there aren't any fully-evolved dragon types running around at your level, so Ice Punch isn't quite as useful as it should be. I mean, it still is pseudo-boltbeam, so it's kinda nice, and you got something to hit ground types with, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Anyways, only Ruby-catchable/tradeable pokemon now. No inter-version trading :(
    Hm... Wobbuffet, Skarmory, Milotic, Heracross, and Starmie should all be available to you, then. You'll need to breed them to get them underlevel, but otherwise those are all good picks, still (that might not make a good team on it's own, I'm just tossing out ideas). Hm, in Ruby only... Okay, we can't use Blissey, Regice, Registeel, Mantine, Umbreon, or Dusclops, so... Geez, Milotic's going to be your top special wall.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-03-18 at 11:58 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

No offense, but those are some pretty weird rules... (Level 20? Gen III? What?)

21. - Top - End - #711
    Banned

None taken, as they are not MY rules xD. Not many Pokemon gatherings around here, so one takes what one can. Its pokemon level 20 btw but you can finish the game then work on getting whatever team you will bring. Wubbafet seems like it will be popular. Ive had Swift recommended to me due to the low HP of lv. 20 pokemons :D

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Skarmory and Heracross are probably musts, as they are some of the most powerful Pokemon you could theoretically use at those levels. Jirachi is also an obvious choice, although much harder to obtain.

Regice and Registeel (and Regirock) are all useable by rules. In theory. In reality, they can't be caught below level 40. But come on, a Gen III tournament? Hacking is totally legitimate, right?

A special wall is barely necessary, as levels are low enough that walling in general is a waste of time. Just rush people with Choice items, you'll get a lot more out of it that way.

Absol might actually be useful, as it has a huge attack stat. If you decide to be a little risky, it might be worth it. Fighting-types below level 20 consist of just Heracross anyways.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Gen 1 and 3 only, Monocolor, level 72, UU, Item clause, ban on paralysis and the ability Soundproof.

...it's called the Aristocrat rule

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

Ha ha, Munchlax, you can't hide from me! I have POKEWALKER POWER!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Orc in the Playground

So I picked up a copy of White to go with my Black, and decided to hack the crap out of it with my AR. A quick run around the net and some tinkering on the cart and voila! I'm set up with a save file right before I pick my starter and I've got a small deck of codes to play with.

Initial testing: 1024x Exp results in Oshawott hitting lvl 36 or so after beating Bianca. He also evolves into Dewott. Cheren is screwed.

Ramifications: I am uncertain how I'm going to capture low level mons when my starter is outleveling them by 30+ levels. I may need to put False Swipe on it, one way or another.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryzouken View Post
    Ramifications: I am uncertain how I'm going to capture low level mons when my starter is outleveling them by 30+ levels. I may need to put False Swipe on it, one way or another.
    Not counting critical captures, a Lillipup has a 1 in 3 chance of being caught with your standard pokeball at full health with no status conditions. You don't need to worry about it. Later on, you can just catch pokemon in the Dream World, too.
    ---

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

So apparently you can't use any items at all in a Bug Catching Contest.

This is particularly relevant when you've been False Swiped by a Scyther that's faster than your lead pokemon. Good thing I had Heracross holding a Shell Bell.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

I DID IT!
    After months of using my Fighting team, I have now pulled off a 6-0 sweep with Hitmonlee!
    It feels so good, and my opponent was being such a tool. Oh man, I can't even tell you, if Pokemon was on the Xbox, this would unlock an achievement or something

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

*starts thinking about an achievement list for Pokemon*

That would be so big...

30. - Top - End - #720
    Dwarf in the Playground

When you first create data for Global Link, does it usually take an ungodly amount of time?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?