1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

It's in your Pal Pad.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Where does one find that? ^^;

Blargh. Ran out of battery. Be back in around 30 minutes.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Key item pocket.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Key item pocket.
    Ah. Apparetly I had to go to the trading area to get it. My bad.

2323 0046 5787

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Funny story…

I capture a Throh whom I named Mr. T, in Pokemon White, teach him Rock Smash, go use him to try and win me my second gym leader match. but I was smart, saved him for last so that he wouldn't be ko'd early.

so I proceed to throw half my pokemon at the gym leader's Herdier and they got ko'd, but then I use my pidgeon, whom I named Polly to quick attack the Herdier thus defeating the Herdier, but only after the Herdier reduced my Polly down to 6 hp with Take Down.

Now the gym leader sent out the evil red squirrel, can't remember the name, I send out Mr. T, things are going good, Mr. T seems to be winning, but then the evil red squirrel ko'd Mr. T.

So now with four of my pokemon defeated and my Polly at 6 hp, I decided to say "screw it" and sent out Polly to try and weaken the evil squirrel so that hopefully my leaf monkey could defeat the evil squirrel after Polly got ko'd.

but then when Polly ko'd the evil squirrel that was like, four levels above Polly with a quick attack, Polly then proceeded to gain two levels thus winning me my second gym leader match, with my now level 18 pidgeon who is now higher level than the rest of my party.
    while said pidgeon was at 6 hp.

my pidgeon is badass
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Best Pidgeon ever

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, mine pulled the same sort of thing out against Team Emolga.

I finally figured out how to dump my Black save to my computer, so if they're not going to release a storage app, I'm just going to rig up my own thing here.

Holy cow my Archeops had 29 Attack and 30 Speed IVs and I didn't even know it. Sadly, it's a Docile nature (No change).

Oh for the love of- My Shedinja had a 31 HP IV.

Golurk: 19/28/28/31/29/29. Sassy, so it's not too hot, but dang this thing is going to have babies.

Latios: 11/7/0/0/0/0.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

XD

Shedinja can breed tho, right? IIRC, it's in the Mineral group, so you can still use that.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Latios: 11/7/0/0/0/0.
    Latias and Latios caught as roamers in RS had 0s in all but HP and Attack. I don't know about Emerald or that special encounter, though.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Shedinja can breed tho, right? IIRC, it's in the Mineral group, so you can still use that.
    Yeah, but like Golurk, Shedinja's genderless, so the breeding applications are limited. That said, unlike Golurk, that still means he can pass it on to Nincada, so I can at least get that out of its egg group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    Latias and Latios caught as roamers in RS had 0s in all but HP and Attack. I don't know about Emerald or that special encounter, though.
    Oh, yeah! I had completely forgot about that quirk.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well, that's nice. I was catching Dittos in Pearl but got bored after three. One was Hardy (eh), but one was Adamant, and one was Modest.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but like Golurk, Shedinja's genderless, so the breeding applications are limited. That said, unlike Golurk, that still means he can pass it on to Nincada, so I can at least get that out of its egg group.
    Yeah, Shedinja + Ditto to make a Nincada, which can then pass it as normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73

MindFlayer

Oh, thank Arceus for idly browsing Bulbapedia. Else I wouldn't have realised that V-Create Victini got a European distribution.

Now to keep soft resetting the delivery man for a good nature.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, I know a topic or two back someone was talking about getting a Connectify for Mac type thing working for them. Here's what you need to do to do that, so if you have a Mac with a wired net connection and a wireless connection, you can use your wireless connection as a WEP bridge to the wired connection.
    ---

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, I know a topic or two back someone was talking about getting a Connectify for Mac type thing working for them. Here's what you need to do to do that, so if you have a Mac with a wired net connection and a wireless connection, you can use your wireless connection as a WEP bridge to the wired connection.
    OMG, THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU FOR EVER AND EVERS.

EDIT: and then it doesn't work right =\
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2011-12-29 at 04:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

How so? I had it working with my mac and network yesterday, at what point are things going wrong?
    ---

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

I keep getting 51300 and 51301 errors, but I eventually said **** it and redid my entire network security for an hour. x3

18. - Top - End - #78

So, I'm in the Postgame for Black now. And I JUST realized I have to rebuild my entire team. (or at least most of it).

I picked up a Tynamo so I finally have Electric type coverage, and I'm cruising around Route 1 to try and pick up a Milotic.

Current Team:

Spoiler
    Show

Serperior Lv. 55, Bashful. Walls like a champ.

Haxorus Lv.57, Adamant. He's my Swords Dance guy, and sweeps everyone with little trouble.

Chandelure: Lv.55, Modest. She's another sweeper, but until I get Flamethrower her moves are kind of out there. Fire Blast is nice and all, but Flame Burst doesn't do amazing damage.

Tynamo: Lv.28, Gentle. She's just kind of meandering around right now, I'm switch training her on Super Rod catches. Around Level 50 I'll use my Thunderstone on her.

I think I might go get Dokky the Rotom on my team, just because Rotom is pretty rad. But I still need a Flying-Type (Archeops why did I pick you over the turtle. You suck.), and a good one at that, because I refuse to give up a slot to carry around a slave for the entire Post-Game, considering that I have to grind to like Level 70. I might throw out my starter, because as useful as Serperior was he can't be of much help to me in the postgame, which damn near requires you to be able to hit fast and hard. I might catch Tornadus, he's been flying around and seems pretty good.

I really wish Eevee was catchable in the Wild. Ah well, if I really want a Vaporeon I should just find my Diamond cartridge, which had a Wishporeon from breeding shenanigans.

So guys, can you recommend anything I can catch in the wild during the postgame to add to my team? I'm looking for water types, flying types, and anything else that might be good.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Go catch them wild dragomites

20. - Top - End - #80

But I have Axeface. Adamant Axeface no less.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

21. - Top - End - #81

MindFlayer

As far as I remember the only flying type worth a damn in Generation V is Braviary. I think I've got some spare Rufflets to trade, though my time's a bit erratic at the moment so you might want to ask around?

I don't think there're many good Water types either. I took Oshawott, so... You can get Staryu and Starmie in Route 13. Starmie is good for hitting hard and fast, I guess.

You can get the Magikarp from the guy on the bridge and thus a Gyarados. (I must have reset about fifty times before I got an Adamant female from him.)

I'd say Swanna to cover both water and flying, but clearly that's absurd because Swanna sucks biscuits.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Mandibuzz > Braviary 8 days a week. And I love Braviary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #83

MindFlayer

How do you run it? Bulky with Nasty Plot?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Huh? Oh, no I wasn't talking competitive. Just, like, for fun. Braviary and Mandibuzz both suck for competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

25. - Top - End - #85

MindFlayer

Oh, I know. But Mandibuzz's attack stats are so low I was just wondering how it would work even in non-competitive. Then I thought Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Air Slash and Fly. Because I outright refuse to run without Fly.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Going by Smogon Tiering, Sigilyph's a step above Mandibuzz and Braviary if your criteria is "Just a stupid flying type." Kinda a wash to give it Fly, though.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2011-12-30 at 01:19 PM.
    ---

27. - Top - End - #87

MindFlayer

I secretly really really like Swoobat.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mandibuzz: Bulky with toxic = $$$. Protect / sub spam. I'd use mean look or roost, but eh, there's your fly (or drop protect - bulk mandies can sometimes have subs not break!).

Sigilyph: ARE SO AMAZING. My favourite poke. Life orb sets are outclassed by reuniclus, so that's probably a wash, but psycho shift / cosmic power / stored power / roost with a flame orb? $$$$$$$. Of course, that means no room for fly...

Braviary: never looked into it, never tried. No idea how good it is.

Unfezant: ehhh. Never looked into it, but seriously, they kind of suck.

Swoobat: it's not bad, but I don't like them. I just miss zubats too much when I see them.

Golurk: as I mentioned to another guy, golurk can fly. Golurks are slow, but golurks are also seven kinds of awesome?

Archeops: are actually awesome, what are you talking about? Way better than that silly carracosta.

Hydreigon: need to get to high level, but there you are?

Volcarona: what a waste of a volcarona.

I tend to avoid legendaries because their builds are not mutable at all. If you decide you want a bulky _____ instead of an offensive one, welp, you're screwed. (Other pokes you can breed up one or whatever).
    Last edited by TSED; 2011-12-30 at 02:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    But I have Axeface. Adamant Axeface no less.
    And your point is?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

He's probably getting at the fact that if he gets another Dragomite or two or four, his Dragon Litter costs are going to increase exponentially.
    ---