New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Oooh ooh, I just thought of a question: Is it possible to send gen 5 pokemon(Like Bliztle for example) back to an older generation game? I'd like to send a few over to my SoulSilver to see how they would fare in the Pokeathlon(I love that thing!).
    I'm afraid not, HGSS only has data for gen 4 Pokemon. Same for DPP.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You can't even send Pokémon across (in the same generation) in Formes that don't exist in the other games, such as Origin Forme Giratina or Spiky-Eared Pichu. Trading back a generation hasn't been possible for a long time, either.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-04-17 at 11:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ettin in the Playground

Damn, that does suck :-(. They should release a way to patch older Pokemon games like SoulSilver so you can transfer new-gen pokemon back into older games. I mean, obviously not with like Ruby or Fire Red, but actual DS carts should have enough space to handle that kind of information I would think(though I could be wildly off). That, or just bring back Pokeathlon in Gen 6, because that was probably one of the most awesome things they have ever added in the history of pokemon. I think I put more time and effort into that then I did the entirety of the rest of SoulSilver, and I spent a good 50-70 hours in Soulsilver outside of the Pokeathlon.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ettin in the Playground

Me, I don't really care about sending pokemons to older versions. What I'd pretty much demand from next generation, however, is honest-to-god upload function which transfers ALL pokemon from a previous game card, in one go, without stupid minigames. Catching the same old pokemon again and again is getting... well, old.

I'd also like for next gen to have all prior functions from the previous ones - time of day, week and seasons, contests, pokeathlons, musicals, slots, ability to save up money etc. - I missed 3rd gen, but it was a bit jarring to play Diamond after Silver and notice the lack of in-game phone.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Me, I don't really care about sending pokemons to older versions. What I'd pretty much demand from next generation, however, is honest-to-god upload function which transfers ALL pokemon from a previous game card, in one go, without stupid minigames. Catching the same old pokemon again and again is getting... well, old.

I'd also like for next gen to have all prior functions from the previous ones - time of day, week and seasons, contests, pokeathlons, musicals, slots, ability to save up money etc. - I missed 3rd gen, but it was a bit jarring to play Diamond after Silver and notice the lack of in-game phone.
    It was more jaring not having times of day in Gen III. I forget, how could one even get an Umbreon/Espeon in those games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Zorua Update For Zorua Takers!

Got the Zoruas bred today. Drop me a PM when you're ready to trade, I'll be checking my inbox about every thirty minutes, respond to you when I do, and hop online. Pick one of the following, and don't say "oh give me whatever it doesn't matter" you have to pick one or the universe will explode again.
    E: I'm off to bed, so I'll probably be up again in 10 hours or so, but I should be reachable all day.

Sabotage / Male / +Atk -SpAtk
    Espionage / Female / +Spd -SpAtk
    HarryAllen / Male / Neutral

Bring anything to trade with, preferably useless things that I can just release afterwards. Everyone has Scratch/Leer/Taunt (sorry, my Zoroark was male, so I didn't get any good egg moves on them).
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-04-18 at 11:54 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I have two new questions ^^ Both are more "in-general" and not specifically related to Pokemon Black, but both are something I've long wondered about: What's the point of Super Potions costing 700 a pop, when vending machines have Water/Lemonade/Soda Pop, all of which are nearly half the price, and all 3 heal for the same or more as the Super Potion? Is there a downside to using Water/Lemonade/Soda Pop? Is there a finite amount in the vending machines?

Second question: Is there any point in "Dress up"? I've never actually bothered with it, as I'm a horrible accessorizer, absolutely no sense of what matches what, and I've never seen a point in it other then a side thing like POkeathlon, just with no real rewards like Pokeathlon.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

The first one is a carry over from the previous games where the drinks were more cost efficient than Potions, but have to be purchased individually, so it is a time sink. The dress up thing is like contests/musicals/underwater basket weaving/etc. its just for fun
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    The first one is a carry over from the previous games where the drinks were more cost efficient than Potions, but have to be purchased individually, so it is a time sink.
    This. However, when you get to places that sell Moomoo Milk, you can usually get that by the dozen.

Also, here's a rather dark interpretation of a well-used service that makes complete sense.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-04-19 at 01:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Speaking of dark interpretations of well-used services...

I'm sure everyone's seen that already, but whatevs.

I really really really hope that BW2 has Pokethlon or something similar. Mini-games where you can get prizes, and a reliable way to get evolution stones! Because for whatever reason, they've decided that evolution stones must be difficult to get, and they're clearly not going to change that.

Also Voltorb Flip because it's amazing.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Is there a finite amount in the vending machines?
    No, it's just tedious, but something I always did, even from the very first generation, since it's daft not to for the sake of five minutes clicking. (I mean this is Pokemon, you spend more time than that searching for new or decent Pokemon to capture!)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-04-19 at 06:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

Meh, the only items I ever purchase in bulk are Hyper Potions (the poor man's Max Potion), Full Restores, Full Heals, Super Repels, Poke Balls, Ultra Balls, and Dusk Balls. The game generally gives you enough of everything else just by picking up junk.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    No, it's just tedious, but something I always did, even from the very first generation, since it's daft not to for the sake of five minutes clicking. (I mean this is Pokemon, you spend more time than that searching for new or decent Pokemon to capture!)
    Don't forget that you also occasionally get a bonus Fresh Water/Lemonade/Soda Pop, so the price issue is even more out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRocks View Post
    Mini-games where you can get prizes, and a reliable way to get evolution stones! Because for whatever reason, they've decided that evolution stones must be difficult to get, and they're clearly not going to change that.
    And this is why I love having the four main evolution stones on tap at Black City, even if they made it annoyingly hard to get like that. And, um, to bring the discussion full circle... Fresh Water for 1000! What a deal!
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

14. - Top - End - #914
    Banned

Noob question: Whats better, Eruption or Overheat? And why? :D

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

In general, Overheat, as Eruption's power depends on your health, and only a few Pokémon can learn Eruption anyway... and most of those are fairly slow and thus depend on their bulk rather than their speed, meaning that even if they do survive (Fire types are notoriously easy to knock out due to Ground, Water, and Rock moves being commonplace) they'll have a greatly weakened attack.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    And this is why I love having the four main evolution stones on tap at Black City, even if they made it annoyingly hard to get like that. And, um, to bring the discussion full circle... Fresh Water for 1000! What a deal!
    See, I went for White because a) I liked the Reuniclus family b) I liked the Rufflett family and c) I completely misunderstood White Forest and thought all the pokemon would always be there, which meant I could get Togepi easily. And then my White Forest didn't even have Togepi in! Rassumfrassum.

Also, MooMoo Milk is clearly the best healing item.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

17. - Top - End - #917

Does anybody know where one might find Spanish versions of the game in, or able to be shipped to, Pennsylvania? It's a surprisingly fun way to practice my Spanish, but Amazon.es has prices about 30% higher than prices here, almost zero used games, and international shipping would just add to that.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I have a question for all of you pokemon Enthusiasts out there. I will be coming a little bit of money in the next two weeks, and while most of it will be going towards buying new clothes for my little ones, I will be using a little bit of it to buy one of the third-gen Pokemon games, the only generation that I do not have a game from. I was wondering if anyone here could give me some insight/advice as to which one I should purchase. I was thinking Sapphire, just because I like the name, and I already have a Pokemon Red from the original gen, so blue just seems like the right way to go. But would that be a mistake? Is there a good reason to get Emerald instead(since I'm pretty sure that that is the "combo" game for that Gen) over Sapphire?

19. - Top - End - #919
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I have a question for all of you pokemon Enthusiasts out there. I will be coming a little bit of money in the next two weeks, and while most of it will be going towards buying new clothes for my little ones, I will be using a little bit of it to buy one of the third-gen Pokemon games, the only generation that I do not have a game from. I was wondering if anyone here could give me some insight/advice as to which one I should purchase. I was thinking Sapphire, just because I like the name, and I already have a Pokemon Red from the original gen, so blue just seems like the right way to go. But would that be a mistake? Is there a good reason to get Emerald instead(since I'm pretty sure that that is the "combo" game for that Gen) over Sapphire?
    There's a few.

Ruby and Sapphire have you fight one of Teams Aqua and Magma, while Emerald let's you beat both of them up. Emerald also has many more double battles than RS, which is a reason to get it if you like that and a reason to avoid it if you don't. Emerald is the first game to feature the full battle frontier, RS just has the battle tower. There's a post game section that you can catch Jhoto Pokemon in that doesn't exist in RS which you might find useful.

There may be some more stuff I'm forgetting, but that's everything off the top of my head.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sam cw View Post
    There's a few.

Ruby and Sapphire have you fight one of Teams Aqua and Magma, while Emerald let's you beat both of them up. Emerald also has many more double battles than RS, which is a reason to get it if you like that and a reason to avoid it if you don't. Emerald is the first game to feature the full battle frontier, RS just has the battle tower. There's a post game section that you can catch Jhoto Pokemon in that doesn't exist in RS which you might find useful.

There may be some more stuff I'm forgetting, but that's everything off the top of my head.
    Emerald also fixed the rather hard to read font from Ruby/Sapphire.

On another note, anyone here play the Pokemon TCG? I kinda recently got back into it and was wondering if anyone else liked it...

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

I've heard it said that Emerald's combining two teams greatly improves the story pacing. (I haven't played Ruby/Sapphire myself, so I can't say)

Plus Emerald lets you catch lv70 Rayquaza before the Elite Four, and it has a way to get a Pichu with Volt Tackle.

One thing I disliked - in R/S the Champion was a Rock/Ground/Steel user; in E he retires to a post-game area and the 8th (Water) Gym Leader takes over, leaving another Water user in charge of his Gym. So that's a lot of Water types in late-game.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2012-04-24 at 09:07 AM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

There are a lot of water types in R/S/E to begin with. Electric and Grass types are rarer than I'd like, so yeah.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    There are a lot of water types in R/S/E to begin with. Electric and Grass types are rarer than I'd like, so yeah.
    The best Electric type in RSE is Gardevoir.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Lol sadly true, Manectric just doesn't cut it
    But man I do not miss all the Surfing and trumpets *shudder* so much brass in 3rd Gen...

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    *shudder* so much brass in 3rd Gen...
    Shudder!?

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Shudder!?
    Yeah, I liked the trumpets and stuff. Made me feel important.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Shudder!?
    I like my music like my Mario; 8-Bit.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

I like my music like I like my games, epic
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

I like my music like I like my weapons.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Vorpal?