New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

Is it just me, or are there a lot more legendaries with B2/W2 than ever before? I mean, LOOK at this list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lugia (DR)
    Ho-Oh (DR)
    Regirock
    Registeel
    Regice
    Latias/Latios
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Azelf
    Dialga (DR)
    Palkia (DR)
    Heatran
    Regigigas
    Cresselia
    Giratina (DR)
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Tornadus (DR)
    Thundurus (DR)
    Reshiram/Zekrom
    Landorus (DR)
    Kyurem

That's 15 without the Dream Radar, 23 with it. I think this pretty much beats out even Platinum...
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a lot of legendaries.

Also, I love how if I win against Alder in pokemon white, nothing changes, but if I lose, it's broadcast on all the electronic information boards. It's amusing.

EDIT: One thing I just realized. Mr. tgva, when you breed me the gligar, could you nickname it Nos?

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

That could probably be arranged, yes.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

Well.

As I half-suspected (though not for any of the reasons I expected...) my network connections had gone all crappy since I last logged on. I thought it might be because I'd changed ZoneAlarm (and had a catasptrophic virus infection a month or three ago). Whatever, my dongle (which I have to use, since my encryption is WPS) suddenly ceased wanting to connect.

After much faffing, and restoring NetBt.sys and about two hours of other crap, trying to figure out what the heck it had done, I was trying to find out how to turn my SPI firewall off on the router. (That itself took a while, until I spotted that the username and password were actually written in the router - and was different to the various forum help stuff.)

So, while I was looking for the right thingy, I noticed that Virgin had a "guest network" set-up option - which allowed WEP connections. So I was like... "well, ain't getting nowhere... lessee if this works."

And, what do you know, it actually did! So, w00t! Not only can I now connect through my primary router (which means I don't need the dongle at all), it also means I don't have to worry about killing ZoneAlarm, which I previosuly had to do when I wanted to go to the Dream World or something.

So, ill-wind that blows nobody any good, but at least it's sorta made life easier. (It also means I can actually get onto the net to trade... Which is why I haven't raced, as something told me I was going to have to do some pratting before I could get back on.)

Right, next stop Dream World, just to confirm everything's back and kosher...!

Edit: Yep. Damn, that makes life so much easier! Heck, I'll be moe inclinded to use the DW for a bit, seeing as it's now trivially easy to do!

And, frak, yes, FINALLY got a Female Prankster Murkrow! Huz-freaking-zah!!!

Don't feel so bad about all the time wasted now...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-05 at 09:55 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ettin in the Playground

Nice job with the murkrow. Out of curiosity, is there any chance you have a Gothita and a Deino you'd be willing to trade for my Zorua and Rufflet?

6. - Top - End - #1386

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Nice job with the murkrow. Out of curiosity, is there any chance you have a Gothita and a Deino you'd be willing to trade for my Zorua and Rufflet?
    I could breed some up really quickly, if you'd like. What gender and game language do you want? Any egg moves, in particular?

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

Pokemon Conquest is a pretty fun game. I wish it would let you preview the evolution move though.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

The former, sure (though nothing special, they're only I caught a couple of randoms - I'll see what they're like in a bit); not sure about the latter (not sure I've got Deino myself yet), I'll have to have a gander. (And if not, I can certainly attempt to acquire one!)

Edit: To hand, got a Serious Gothita and a Bold Gothorita; got a female Hardy Deino (all with fairly ropey IVs). I can go grab something better if you let me know what you want.

Edit edit: while I think, Black Friend code is 1549 4381 0381.

Edit edit edit: Well, that's depressing. First attempt at Murkrow... Rash, Mischevious and maximum SA IV. Moribund elsewhere, and there just aren't any decent SA moves for Murkrow/Honchkrow (and I ain't waitin' until 75 for Dark Pulse...) Would kill for that on a better platform...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-05 at 12:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    The former, sure (though nothing special, they're only I caught a couple of randoms - I'll see what they're like in a bit); not sure about the latter (not sure I've got Deino myself yet), I'll have to have a gander. (And if not, I can certainly attempt to acquire one!)

Edit: To hand, got a Serious Gothita and a Bold Gothorita; got a female Hardy Deino (all with fairly ropey IVs). I can go grab something better if you let me know what you want.

Edit edit: while I think, Black Friend code is 1549 4381 0381.

Edit edit edit: Well, that's depressing. First attempt at Murkrow... Rash, Mischevious and maximum SA IV. Moribund elsewhere, and there just aren't any decent SA moves for Murkrow/Honchkrow (and I ain't waitin' until 75 for Dark Pulse...) Would kill for that on a better platform...!
    Natures and IVs don't matter at all. Those two are the last version-exclusive pokemon I need for my unova dex (other than Tornadus-if anyone has one, I'd gladly trade some other legendary for it).

My friend code is 1077 7114 2431

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Natures and IVs don't matter at all. Those two are the last version-exclusive pokemon I need for my unova dex (other than Tornadus-if anyone has one, I'd gladly trade some other legendary for it).

My friend code is 1077 7114 2431
    Are you sure you mean Deino? It's not version exclusive...

Not that that's a problem, but...

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If you can stand to wait for October, Dark Pulse is one of the tutor moves in BW2.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

Are you sure you mean Deino? It's not version exclusive...

Not that that's a problem, but...
    *looks*

huh. Well then.

I'd still like it if it's not a problem.

EDIT: In any case, would you like to trade right now? Or some other time?

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    If you can stand to wait for October, Dark Pulse is one of the tutor moves in BW2.
    Nah, I gave up on that. I am intending on using her as my designated Flyer, so I had a fiddle, and ended up with one with a Naive nature, but 31 Attack IVs and mid-twenties in everything but defense. Which wil do nicely!

Though... It might be worth assigning Zorua to my nominal B2W2 team, instead of of White... Since, if I'm reading Bulbapedia right, you get TM95 from a backpacker too; which would give Zorua two SA Dark moves to tide it over until Nigth Daze...

*looks*

huh. Well then.

I'd still like it if it's not a problem.

EDIT: In any case, would you like to trade right now? Or some other time?
    Okay, yeah, sorry, I got interrupted by having to bring the shopping in!

Ready when you are.

You've got a choice of three deinos; a Hardy, a Careful and a Gentle, plus Gothira or Gothorita, whichever takes your fancy.
    Not at all!

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take the hardy deino and the gothita. I connect to the wi-fi club, right? (Never done this before)

EDIT: Did you want the female zoroark or male 31 special attack mild zorua?

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

I'll take the hardy deino and the gothita. I connect to the wi-fi club, right? (Never done this before)
    Think so. (Me neither!)

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    EDIT: Did you want the female zoroark or male 31 special attack mild zorua?
    The latter, I think.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ettin in the Playground

Alrighty then. I've connected and I'll just wait in the room for you to show up.

EDIT: thanks for the trade!

Now I just need a Tornadus for my Unova pokedex.

EDIT: Finally got an adamant beldum! Yay!

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that was easier than I thought! Job's a good 'un! Cheers!

Got to catch the bugger myself... I think I've got him down to yellow and paralysed... Unfortuantely, my primaries are all way above him in level, so I can't clonk him with 'em now!

Frag, I hate runners.

Maybe I should just use the fraking Master Ball, but I can't remember if there are any other, more worthwhile runners in black...!

Edit: Ooh, they've got Pokerus, too! Star manouvre! Get them in a box sharpish!

(And unlike my HG team, I might actually be able to make use of the Pokerus at some point! (Well, that's not true, I can always spread it to the HG other stuff, but it was just ironic it came at such a poor time; before I can EV train my primary team optimally, and in Kanto, so in the short term they were all EV'd up anyway by that point...!)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-05 at 04:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ettin in the Playground

Just use quick balls

Also, you're welcome for the pokerus. I think I gave it to both of them.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Got to catch the bugger myself... I think I've got him down to yellow and paralysed... Unfortuantely, my primaries are all way above him in level, so I can't clonk him with 'em now!

Frag, I hate runners.

Maybe I should just use the fraking Master Ball, but I can't remember if there are any other, more worthwhile runners in black...!
    Tornadus and Thundurus are the only roaming legends in Black and White. Maybe not in 2, though.
    (And unlike my HG team, I might actually be able to make use of the Pokerus at some point! (Well, that's not true, I can always spread it to the HG other stuff, but it was just ironic it came at such a poor time; before I can EV train my primary team optimally, and in Kanto, so in the short term they were all EV'd up anyway by that point...!)
    So long as they've had Pokérus at some point in time previously, they'll get the benefit. The only thing that immunity does is keep that particular Pokémon from spreading Pokérus.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that was easier than I thought! Job's a good 'un! Cheers!

Frag, I hate runners.

Use the master ball. You get a second one when you have 99 pokemon with ID #'s different than yours. Plus, there aren't any other runners in Black and you can catch Kyurem and Landorus with Dusk Balls.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Tornadus and Thundurus are the only roaming legends in Black and White. Maybe not in 2, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Use the master ball. You get a second one when you have 99 pokemon with ID #'s different than yours. Plus, there aren't any other runners in Black and you can catch Kyurem and Landorus with Dusk Balls.
    Right. Okay, definately usin' the Master Ball then! (Should get the second one, too, given I'm hoping to gen up crap loads, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight
    So long as they've had Pokérus at some point in time previously, they'll get the benefit. The only thing that immunity does is keep that particular Pokémon from spreading Pokérus.
    *spittake*

Wait, what? It's a permenant boost?!

I...thought the EV boost only lasted as long as the Pokemon was infected...!

Unholy fracking crap on a stick!

Is... that different to Gen II (the last time I had it) or have I been belabouring under a false delusion all these years? (Mind you, prior to Emerald when you had the EV reducers, I guess it mattered less.)

Frag damn! Okay, so it totally wasn't a waste, then! Wow, that'll help me loads when I actually EV train my HG Team. Hell, now knowing that, I better make some effort to spread it around to the rest of my Gen IV games! (And thanks to Forrestfire, it's gonna get well spread around Gen V as well!)

All in all, today's been a good day for Pokemon!

HUZZAH!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-05 at 05:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ettin in the Playground

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a Tornadus for trade? I have a variety of pokemon to offer for it, including event legends such as celebi, victini, and the shiny legendary dogs.

23. - Top - End - #1403

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a Tornadus for trade? I have a variety of pokemon to offer for it, including event legends such as celebi, victini, and the shiny legendary dogs.
    I could clone one for you, if you want. You'd have to wait until Sunday, though; my 3DS is dead, and my brother has it's charger, so I'll need to use my DS, which I won't have until then.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

That would be awesome. It and Landorus are the last obtainable pokemon I need in the Unova dex before I start tackling the others. I'm trying to finish up my pokedex by the time Black and White 2 come out, and I'm sectioning it by generation to make it easier on me.

25. - Top - End - #1405

That would be awesome. It and Landorus are the last obtainable pokemon I need in the Unova dex before I start tackling the others. I'm trying to finish up my pokedex by the time Black and White 2 come out, and I'm sectioning it by generation to make it easier on me.
    Well, if you need help with anything else later, feel free to ask. I've got quite a few Pokemon across all of my games, and it's no real trouble to transfer them.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Banned

Hi there! So, my Gen 3 - Lv. 50 tournament is finally around the corner, and I finally have an idea of what Id be facing. Currently this is my intended team:

Starmie (Psychic/Thunderbolt/Recover/Protect) [Leftovers]
    Salamence (Dragon Breath, Bite, Roar, Fly) [Dragon Claw]
    Swampert (Mud Bomb, Hydro Pump, ???, ???) [???]
    Metagross (Psychic, Earthquake, ???, ???) [???]
    Skarmory (Drill Peck / Spikes / Protect / Toxic) [Leftovers]
    Flygon (Fly, Earthquake, ???, ???) [???]

??? Means I have no clue what to put in there. These are the currently revealed teams (6 poke teams, you only need to show 3 before starting).

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by LansXero; 2012-07-07 at 02:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

Something Dragon on Flygon.

Can't go wrong with Ice Beam on Marshtomp.

Bullet Punch on Metagross? Is that Gen III legit or am I dumb?

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Banned

BTW the pokemons arent set on stone. I can probably breed whatever is needed, since the tournament is still 2 weeks away, so if you think based on the competition something should be changed, let me know :D

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Why Dragon Breath and Bite on Salamence? Those are Special moves in Gen III.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Salamence probably wants Earthquake instead of Bite or Dragon Breath. Salamence actually probably wants a different set and different stats. I used to use a mixed Salamence with Hydro Pump, Earthquake, and some other moves I forget. It was pretty nice. Fly is not a very good move because it takes two turns to use, so your opponent can switch out against it easily.

Ideally Metagross should have Meteor Mash and Agility. I think you can get those at this level. Though I thought Metagross was a level 55 guy. Psychic isn't particularly good on Metagross. I forget when Metagross gets Explosion or if you can somehow get it but you should, because Explosion on Metagross is a good way to make something else die.

I would probably replace Psychic on Starmie with Surf, as it's a more useful attacking type. I would also replace Protect with Ice Beam because Ice Beam destroys Salamence and Flygon who appear to be on most of the teams you're facing (and probably should be, I mean dragons are awesome). If you don't put Ice Beam on Starmie, though, you definitely need it on your team. I would suggest having it in multiple places if possible, though.

Mud Bomb on Swampert should probably be Earthquake. Swampert can make decent use of Rest. It definitely wants Leftovers more than Starmie if you don't need it over there.

I suggest Choice Banded Flygon. Earthquake, Rock Slide, Quick Attack, Fire Blast. I like Banded Flygon.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC