New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen

More pictures of Keveak:

Spoiler
    Show

Kenderwoman
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Privilege: Kenderwoman can detect (by sight) what forms of privilege an individual has, whether it is because the person is male, heterosexual, cisgender, etc. She also gains knowledge of whether people are aware of their privilege.

Emotion Control: Kenderwoman can control the emotions of everyone except herself within line of sight. Strong-willed people can resist this control.

Flight: Kenderwoman can fly at speeds up to 300 m.p.h.

Smashhammer: Kenderwoman carries a 7-lb. mallet which she uses as a weapon. This hammer does more damage to a person the more privilege he has.

Keveak
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Queerness: Somewhat inappropriately named, this power allows Keveak to detect a person's sexual identity, sexual orientation and gender identity. This power is limited by line of sight.

Great Leap: Keveak has the proportional jumping power of a cat amplified a hundred times. He can jump up to 100 yards in a single bound.

Rainbow Flash: Keveak can concentrate the colors on his coat into a concentrated rainbow flash directed at a single person. The person is blinded for anywhere from seconds to minutes.

Stealth Mode: Although normally highly visible, Keveak can turn off the pulsating rainbow colors on his pelt. This is also referred to as "closet mode."

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    More pictures of Keveak:

Spoiler
    Show

Kenderwoman
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Privilege: Kenderwoman can detect (by sight) what forms of privilege an individual has, whether it is because the person is male, heterosexual, cisgender, etc. She also gains knowledge of whether people are aware of their privilege.

Emotion Control: Kenderwoman can control the emotions of everyone except herself within line of sight. Strong-willed people can resist this control.

Smashhammer: Kenderwoman carries a 7-lb. mallet which she uses as a weapon. This hammer does more damage to a person the more privilege he has.

Keveak
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Queerness: Somewhat inappropriately named, this power allows Keveak to detect a person's sexual identity, sexual orientation and gender identity. This power is limited by line of sight.

Great Leap: Keveak has the proportional jumping power of a cat amplified a hundred times. He can jump up to 100 yards in a single bound.

Rainbow Flash: Keveak can concentrate the colors on his coat into a concentrated rainbow flash directed at a single person. The person is blinded for anywhere from seconds to minutes.

Stealth Mode: Although normally highly visible, Keveak can turn off the pulsating rainbow colors on his pelt. This is also referred to as "closet mode."
    Ooh, ooh, do me! What powers do I have?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Extra gun-arms. :P

Oh, kender! I dunno if you read SMBC, but as the expert on periods, you might find it funny today! Or you might be offended, ymmv I guess.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen

Super-hugs! Because you can hug thrice as much!

And yay! I am a bouncy crime-fighter! Thanks, Asta!

*Hop, skips and jumps away*
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

I should probably add superstrength to at least Kenderwoman if she's going to swing a 7-lb. mallet all day long...

Golentan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alien Technology: As an alien from a long-lost galaxy, Golentan has access to advanced technology including rocket-boots, gauss pistols, 3D-holographic projector and specialized biting-pillow.

Carapace: Golentan's carapace has protective capabilities roughly equal to that of a M1 tank.

Multi-Limbed: Golentan has four extra limbs, granting extraordinary grappling prowess.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-01-05 at 01:09 PM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Do I get any special powers too?

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know enough about you, but feel free to write some yourself.

ETA: Also, if we're going to do this on a large scale we should probably have a separate thread for it.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-01-05 at 01:08 PM.

― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

More pictures of Keveak:

Spoiler
    Show

Kenderwoman
    Spoiler
    Show

Keveak
    Spoiler
    Show

You're amazing, Asta!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Extra gun-arms. :P

Oh, kender! I dunno if you read SMBC, but as the expert on periods, you might find it funny today! Or you might be offended, ymmv I guess.
    That was funny! Also, I don't know whether to feel proud or not that I'm the resident period expert... again!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Kenderwoman
    Spoiler
    Show

Bleeeeeh.

Hate these sorts of abilities.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

What's wrong with that?

Maybe we should have some villains as well... Gaybasher, the Patriarch...

― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Al'izh'dheg View Post
    *giggle* As funny as it sounds, I wanted to wear heels for pretty much just that reason... to see how bad it would be to look good. Unfortunately I'm 6 feet tall already, and my wife put her foot down. "You don't want to wear heels. It'll make you look too tall. We can get you some shoes that look really nice but aren't heels."
    If you can find an appropriate merchant, there is a species of embroidered slipper from the Muslim parts of India and Pakistan (whose name I forget at the moment: they are of Moghul Empire descent) that are pretty, feminine, but quite altogether flat in the sole. Some of them even have the curled toe of elves and genies.

The date with your wife is a wonderful thing. I am turning the idea over in my mind and smiling.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

ETA: Also, if we're going to do this on a large scale we should probably have a separate thread for it.
    Doo eeet

I'd have made the thread myself, but, fear of ninja-ing.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Reminds me of some of the people who went more elaborate on the whole deify a playgrounder SMBG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Bleeeeeh.

Hate these sorts of abilities.
    What if it was used to help people in depression? Would that be bad?

What's wrong with that?

Maybe we should have some villains as well... Gaybasher, the Patriarch...
    Mind control is usually a bad thing because we value freedom and independence. Kind of why love potions are seen as unethical, they force people to do things solely because of a drug or external magic.

Eep! >_<

Also, Dr. Heteronormative, meow.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

New Thread - Superheroes in the Playground.

Also: Changed Kenderwoman's powers.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-01-05 at 02:40 PM.

― Tim Fargo

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

What's wrong with that?
    Mind control is usually a bad thing because we value freedom and independence. Kind of why love potions are seen as unethical, they force people to do things solely because of a drug or external magic.
    Right here.

This is mostly my own views towards the subject of mind control. I am very much not comfortable with it. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    What if it was used to help people in depression? Would that be bad?
    Against their will? Yes.

We should probably drop this, or at least take it to a thread of its own.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Bugbear in the Playground

Something odd just happened:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I seem to have woken up with a higher-pitched voice than I had yesterday.

It hasn't changed very much, but it's changed enough to make my humming sound off-key... It's really neat (and it'd be relaxing, if it didn't feel so odd), but it's really weird to wake up sounding two years younger out of nowhere.

Thank you for the responses everybody. Yesterday was pretty... bad, but today is much much better.

I have good news, I'm going on a date! With my wife! As a girl!!

Long, boring details below:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We got to talking yesterday when she got home from work. It was late (she works the late shift), and I was feeling really down. So we got to talking about this and that. I mentioned I'd brushed all the tangles out of our daughter's hair (she'd let it go and it was a rat's nest... horrible. She was in tears. But I got it for her).

My wife mentioned that she was going to cut her bangs soon, and I asked her teasingly if she'd cut mine. She smirked and said no, but I pressed her on it, and she said that man or woman, she thinks I'd look bad with bangs and she would rather not. Then again, she would also rather me not have long hair.

So that started the whole trans- conversation again, which I was scared would be bad, but it wasn't. We somehow stumbled into a point of, "Well you don't really know what I would look like as a woman," and she agreed with that statement. I apologized for being trans (yes, I know this is stupid and bad, but like I said, it was a bad day/night) and started to cry a little. I told her I wish I had somebody close who I could go shopping with and try it out, just to see. And that's when something really special happened.

She told me she would be happy to go shopping with me, help me buy some clothes and shoes, take me back home and help me put on makeup. I couldn't help but smile at that and tried to push my luck a little and asked if she would go out with me like that, to a movie.

Anyway, long story short, she's taking me out to dinner and a movie! SQUEE!! I'm so happy. :) I know this could be potentially very difficult for her, so I offered to go to a nice place we know of that has intimate dining (less exposure to random people), and asked if she would do the ordering as my voice isn't trained yet (I haven't even begun as I didn't think I would have this chance for another year!).
    Awesome!

(I'd wish you luck, but everyone beat me to it and I'm far too asleep to sound as good saying it. )
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

It hasn't changed very much, but it's changed enough to make my humming sound off-key... It's really neat (and it'd be relaxing, if it didn't feel so odd), but it's really weird to wake up sounding two years younger out of nowhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shouldn't have slept with your balls in a vice...

― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you for the responses everybody. Yesterday was pretty... bad, but today is much much better.

That's awesome. :D
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Against their will? Yes.
    Nonono, that would be horrible. ._.

I was just thinking about how there are so many side-effects to the medicine given for depression... Sorries!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    That's strange, but yay!

My voice sometimes changes too, but I think that's because I have a permanent cough. Accursed throat! It's ruining my voice-fun!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #471

Spoiler
    Show
    Shouldn't have slept with your balls in a vice...
    I don't do that. Who told you I do that? They lied. I don't do that. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    That's strange, but yay!

My voice sometimes changes too, but I think that's because I have a permanent cough. Accursed throat! It's ruining my voice-fun! ]
    Mine's making me cough, oddly enough. Every time I talk for a couple of minutes it gets all scratchy, possibly because I never really made this voice before. It's cool enough to make up for it.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Eeeee! That's so adorable! And don't feel bad about the heels, loads of tall women don't bother with them. Like 90% of their usefulness is making you look taller and if you don't need it, you don't need it. (Also, being useful is about 5% of what they do.)
    Part of their usefulness is also in forcing you to use your hips a lot while walking (or it'll start hurting), giving you that bouncy, feminine walk.

Heels might be worth it just to be on eye level with guys, but eh... I'm nowhere near attentive enough of my feet for that to end well

Also, Ali, I'm glad she's starting to come around
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Part of their usefulness is also in forcing you to use your hips a lot while walking (or it'll start hurting), giving you that bouncy, feminine walk.

Heels might be worth it just to be on eye level with guys, but eh... I'm nowhere near attentive enough of my feet for that to end well

Also, Ali, I'm glad she's starting to come around
    This would be the main reason I want to try them. :) I am worried about my height now that my wife brought it up though. She's only 4'10". If I wore heels it'd really enhance our size difference and I'd stick out like some weird tree. I want to be attractive, but I don't really want people staring until I'm more confident of passing, y'know?

And thank you, I'm glad of this first step too. I'm just scared it may be the last.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Banned

This here made my day. Congratulations!

Long, boring details below:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We got to talking yesterday when she got home from work. It was late (she works the late shift), and I was feeling really down. So we got to talking about this and that. I mentioned I'd brushed all the tangles out of our daughter's hair (she'd let it go and it was a rat's nest... horrible. She was in tears. But I got it for her).

My wife mentioned that she was going to cut her bangs soon, and I asked her teasingly if she'd cut mine. She smirked and said no, but I pressed her on it, and she said that man or woman, she thinks I'd look bad with bangs and she would rather not. Then again, she would also rather me not have long hair.

So that started the whole trans- conversation again, which I was scared would be bad, but it wasn't. We somehow stumbled into a point of, "Well you don't really know what I would look like as a woman," and she agreed with that statement. I apologized for being trans (yes, I know this is stupid and bad, but like I said, it was a bad day/night) and started to cry a little. I told her I wish I had somebody close who I could go shopping with and try it out, just to see. And that's when something really special happened.

She told me she would be happy to go shopping with me, help me buy some clothes and shoes, take me back home and help me put on makeup. I couldn't help but smile at that and tried to push my luck a little and asked if she would go out with me like that, to a movie.

Anyway, long story short, she's taking me out to dinner and a movie! SQUEE!! I'm so happy. :) I know this could be potentially very difficult for her, so I offered to go to a nice place we know of that has intimate dining (less exposure to random people), and asked if she would do the ordering as my voice isn't trained yet (I haven't even begun as I didn't think I would have this chance for another year!).
    Fabulous. I like that she can express an unbiased opinion, if that makes sense; that regardless of her views on a topic, this is the reason etc. that's a rare skill in my local area...

And you're rather lucky, too, to have honest help with lookin' good. It's really easy to like how clothes look, and ignore if they do or don't work for your particular body type.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
    Al'izh'dheg: You're lucky to have her. Even if the marriage doesn't last, she still sounds like one hell of a partner. I'm all warm fuzzied.

One request, though. I liked hearing you say how you tried long nails, only to realize that they keep getting in the way. When you go out, try it in heels. Then you can start declaring them to be godforsaken torture devices and swear that you'll never wear them again, for another truly girly moment.
    Heels aren't that bad. Well, up to three inch heels aren't that bad.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

The other thing about heels that's useful for mtfs: They make your feet look smaller.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    The other thing about heels that's useful for mtfs: They make your feet look smaller.
    Yeah, but I'm already 6'3", so I'm a bit on the edge about heels.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477

I want powers too Asta!

Also, I'm single again. He got asked out by a girl he likes today, who he can actually see whenever he wants, unlike me of course, so I suppose I can't blame him. He said he didn't want to hurt either of us, I said that I would be fine, that I could handle it. I was lying, but I didn't want him to feel bad, and I wanted him to do what he wanted, not what I wanted.

So yeah... I'm quitting long-distance relationships.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Also, I'm single again. He got asked out by a girl he likes today, who he can actually see whenever he wants, unlike me of course, so I suppose I can't blame him. He said he didn't want to hurt either of us, I said that I would be fine, that I could handle it. I was lying, but I didn't want him to feel bad, and I wanted him to do what he wanted, not what I wanted.

*hugs* You're too sweet to be hurt
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    I want powers too Asta!

I'm so sorry. *hug*

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    *hugs* You're too sweet to be hurt
    And you are much too kind.

But yeah... It kinda sucks, but he deserves happiness much more than I do. I suppose that is why I write poetry though. It's a delightfully constructive way to get my feelings out.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf