New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    There is EVERYTHING hentai.
    Pokemon is actually pretty good for it. Power perversion potential much?
    I mean, there are the obvious ones like Harden. I think I remember seeing the line, "My Diglett used Bulk Up!"
    Jude P.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Dutch insurers pay for Christian anti-gay therapy
    Published on 17 January 2012 - 11:36am
    (http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/du...ti-gay-therapy)

Dutch national daily Trouw reports that a therapy intended to cure gay and lesbian Christians who consider their sexual preference to be sinful is fully paid for by health insurance companies.

Health insurance companies are obligated to pay for the therapy because the organisation providing it, Different, is an officially recognised institution for mental health care.

Medical organisations argue that the therapy is inherently flawed and potentially harmful. A spokesperson for Doctors organisation KNMG says: “As a general rule, a doctor is not allowed to offer a therapy that does not work. There is no scientific evidence that a therapy intended to suppress a person’s homosexual feelings would be effective.” He added that such a therapy could even be harmful.

Psychologists working for Different say in Trouw that homosexuality is not an integral part of a person’s psychological make-up but rather an ‘orientation’ that can be treated. The organisation claims a 30-percent success rate. Homosexuality is seen as the result of psychological traumas incurred during childhood such as a lack of clear role models and child sex abuse.

Health insurance companies are much embarrassed by the therapy. A spokesperson for the Achmea company says it rejects the therapy but is legally obligated to pay the bills submitted by these clients.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post

Dutch national daily Trouw reports that a therapy intended to cure gay and lesbian Christians who consider their sexual preference to be sinful is fully paid for by health insurance companies.

Health insurance companies are obligated to pay for the therapy because the organisation providing it, Different, is an officially recognised institution for mental health care.

Medical organisations argue that the therapy is inherently flawed and potentially harmful. A spokesperson for Doctors organisation KNMG says: “As a general rule, a doctor is not allowed to offer a therapy that does not work. There is no scientific evidence that a therapy intended to suppress a person’s homosexual feelings would be effective.” He added that such a therapy could even be harmful.

Psychologists working for Different say in Trouw that homosexuality is not an integral part of a person’s psychological make-up but rather an ‘orientation’ that can be treated. The organisation claims a 30-percent success rate. Homosexuality is seen as the result of psychological traumas incurred during childhood such as a lack of clear role models and child sex abuse.

Health insurance companies are much embarrassed by the therapy. A spokesperson for the Achmea company says it rejects the therapy but is legally obligated to pay the bills submitted by these clients.
    Oh, the joys of misapplied science.

"Congratulations, we've managed to help you supress an important part of your psyche! You can now look forward to many years of depression and anxiety as a result of this. But look on the positive side, when this stuff kicks in, you can come and see us again for treatment!"

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

At least they're thinking about doing something about it:
    In a reaction to the Trouw report, coalition partner VVD (conservatives) and opposition parties PvdA (Labour), Green Left Party and the democrat party D66 called on Health Minister to remove the therapy from the basic health insurance package. D66 MP Pia Dijkstra said it was absurd that the government should pay for a “pointless and stigmatising anti-gay therapy.”

Health insurance sector organisation Zorgverzekeraars Nederland said it was unacceptable that a Christian gay therapy was being provided under the guise of an apparently solid diagnosis such as childhood trauma, the treatment of which is fully insured.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ettin in the Playground

There is EVERYTHING hentai.
    Pokemon is actually pretty good for it. Power perversion potential much?
    Indeed. Pokemon has some of the truly good stuff.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

I think it shows how cynical I am that the part of this story that surprises me is that the insurance companies are embarrassed by the stupidity.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground

I start to wonder if my Two-Spirit character should have shamanistic powers. In one hand, she specifically wanted to be a warrior. On the other hand, I like the "ecomancer" Tula in The Pirates of Dark Water, and wouldn't mind making some kind of tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
    Bodybuilding isn't exactly the most feminine pastime. Most officiating bodies would be leery letting a transperson in for a few reasons. (Off the top of my head, the fact that they still have structural elements of the other sex. And the fact that transgirls can skimp on their meds, while transguys can up their dosage.) And there's the part where most high-level athletes already add bonus androgens. The last one is the only one that would really be medically tricky, though. FtMs would probably have no reason not to. MtFs, even lacking a medical drawback to being body builders, probably wouldn't want big muscles making them more likely to be read as men.
    I see. All of that makes sense. Well, I don't condone doping, but nevertheless.

(I guess I'll need to handwave a lot in my pulp fiction... At least I "limited" the MtF character(s) to fitness rather than bodybuilding, but still.)

More on sports:
    Now I suddenly think there should be male contests for Fitness and Figure competitions, like there is a female one for bodybuilding. (Nothing *wrong* with bodybuilding per se, I just like to watch toned muscles as well... ... and personally, I would be more inclined to get toned muscles for myself; though functionality matters most to me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... that just sounds painful. And reminds me of a former friend who was way, way too into hentai.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I read somewhere about the absolute limit to how deep a (John Holmesian) penis could reach into a (cis)woman. IIRC it wasn't the ovaries that were hit, but the womb, but it does hurt a lot nevertheless.

Also, sorry for calling my you-know-what after a comic book character; didn't expect it would disturb you or anyone else.

What does "TMI" stand for, BTW?
    Last edited by H Birchgrove; 2012-01-17 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Grammar... always grammar...
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    ...too much information.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweet resolution:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I e-mailed my sister-in-law about the whole kerfuffle I had bemoaned yesterday. She called me later that evening, and was so unbelievably good about it. -- apparently when I had said the "coming out," thing, because of the Harry Potter glasses I was wearing and an earlier crack I had made about taking female hormones, she thought I was joking.

She's going to tell my brother for me, and then I can discuss it with him. & she (re)assured me that in spite of his casual homophobia, he's a completely groovy man. Which I knew; and yet my brain just works itself into big, stupid knots over these kinds of things.

All, ergo, is well. Especially knowing the difficulties people in this thread face with unsympathetic families, I feel fortunate as hell to have the family that I do.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Your whim is my command! *wraps kneebiter in a tangled hug from behind and whispers advice in his ears between knibbling them*

If it were me, *kiss* I'd follow up soon to make sure that the sib in question didn't have time to forget or assume you are snubbing them/decide to snub you. *nibble* Perhaps invite him and his wife over for another dinner, and have as normal a conversation as you can manage between delicate bites *delicately bites earlobe*. Follow up, as you see fit, with conversation on the nub of the matter *finds nub*. A fun strategy might be to swap celebrity crushes with his wife, you might be able to reach common ground and bond over it *rubs common ground*.
    *monocle pops off* Oh my. My lens broke and the shards are everywhere. It's in my hair and on my clothes. I'm sorry. What a mess.

10. - Top - End - #940

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    In terms of laughs, there were those two I saw that were pretty funny. The anatomy in those two wasn't excellent, though. And the plot was pretty much nonexistent. Hentai only qualifies as "good" in my book if it has a good plot with a cutesy story and the minimum amount of sex to qualify as hentai. I prefer the cutesy love story part.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Sweet resolution:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I e-mailed my sister-in-law about the whole kerfuffle I had bemoaned yesterday. She called me later that evening, and was so unbelievably good about it. -- apparently when I had said the "coming out," thing, because of the Harry Potter glasses I was wearing and an earlier crack I had made about taking female hormones, she thought I was joking.

She's going to tell my brother for me, and then I can discuss it with him. & she (re)assured me that in spite of his casual homophobia, he's a completely groovy man. Which I knew; and yet my brain just works itself into big, stupid knots over these kinds of things.

All, ergo, is well. Especially knowing the difficulties people in this thread face with unsympathetic families, I feel fortunate as hell to have the family that I do.
    Sweet. I'm glad to hear it's turning out alright.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2012-01-17 at 11:09 AM.
    Jude P.

11. - Top - End - #941

Glad to read it went all right Kneenibble!

Some of you who are Facebook friends with me know that a certain website wants you to help to stop forced sterilization of transpersons in Sweden. To those who didn't know, now you know. Those who don't find it on Google etc can PM me (I'll try to reply ASAP).

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Whiny stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blech, I've been feeling really dysphoric again these last few days... which made me notice something; I feel sorta detached / foreign to reality. It's like, even when I'm really upset, or angry, or happy, it's still like I'm just watching from the sideline. I've been trying to get back into spriting this last week as a distraction, but it keeps feeling fake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, I hope you'll feel better soon. *hugs*

/snip/
    That's good to hear read.

Wait, just "thinking"? (Barbarian/Paladin is not pleased with this. )
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

12. - Top - End - #942

*monocle pops off* Oh my. My lens broke and the shards are everywhere. It's in my hair and on my clothes. I'm sorry. What a mess.
    How do you afford all these monocles? You seem to be dropping one daily for one reason or another.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    ...too much information.
    I can link you to some of my favourites if you like! Off site, of course.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    How do you afford all these monocles? You seem to be dropping one daily for one reason or another.
    I buy them in bulk, for that very reason. Tesco has a 12-pack.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

I hear the society ladies are already gossiping like mad.

EDIT: I see everyone's favourite barbadin has put that Mindflayer quote in his sig. The more I roll the idea around in my head, the more I see potential in a really strong parody of the Twilight series. It's something I'm tempted to expand on, although it would actually involve reading or watching the entire Twilight series. -.-

I'm thinking book 4 would be a sell out success, especially amongst the tentacle hentai crowd but what would the rival species be? Owlbears?
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-01-17 at 11:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

I'm thinking book 4 would be a sell out success, especially amongst the tentacle hentai crowd but what would the rival species be? Owlbears?
    Aboleth.

Do you know much tentacle sex this would spawn?

― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

Latest news: boyfriend's back! He's in excellent shape for someone who's undergone the surgery he had.
    (He was in another city's hospital, and I was driving him back home, so this was also my first time going on the highway since I got my license, and my first time driving so far/fast/long. So, another source of stress, especially for my mother. Everything went more than okay on the road.)
    Now, the hardest part comes this week: convincing him to have more rest and not run everywhere like he usually does.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

18. - Top - End - #948

No, it can't be aboleths. The other species would have to be something warm and fuzzy to compliment the cold slimy mindflayers. How about catfolk?

Edit: Unfortunately, I wasted two days a couple summers back reading the Twilight series. I think me reasoning for forcing myself through it was that I don't like to hate things I don't know about. Even though I knew I'd hate it from page one.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Latest news: boyfriend's back! He's in excellent shape for someone who's undergone the surgery he had.
    (He was in another city's hospital, and I was driving him back home, so this was also my first time going on the highway since I got my license, and my first time driving so far/fast/long. So, another source of stress, especially for my mother. Everything went more than okay on the road.)
    Now, the hardest part comes this week: convincing him to have more rest and not run everywhere like he usually does.
    Cool beans!
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2012-01-17 at 12:03 PM.
    Jude P.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

That's why every successful relationship includes handcuffs and a sturdy bed.

― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #950
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, Lupins?

Fuzzy Mushroom Men/Myconids?

I think it shows how cynical I am that the part of this story that surprises me is that the insurance companies are embarrassed by the stupidity.
    They're in Europe, where even people of the mindset to go into that field know that it's just bad press and that someone done goofed.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    To clarify, I was not intending to conjure disturbing mental images. When I posted, I was thinking of the other use of "balls deep", which is like "the act of doing any activity hardcore, all out, and as fully as possible". I usually don't tend to think of sexual innuendos first. Like last week when my dad showed us "History of the World, Part I", it took me a good fifteen seconds of intense thinking to figure out the joke "First Served, First Come" on the banner advertising an orgy. I usually get puns quickly, but sexual innuendos take some work.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's always interesting to see how people's experiences with words and terms differ. Around here, IRL, I've only heard the original, masculine version used metaphorically in that sense without anything sexual once or twice, more often I've heard it used metaphorically in a sexual fashion not referring to actual sex, which is a bit odd and uncomfortable in a way that I just have to laugh at the thought of someone becoming violently and deeply sexual with an essay or chemistry lab.

Though the purely sexual sense still outweighs even the sexualized metaphor sense in my experience, but that may be because no one in my social sphere uses it regularly because it is so vulgar except on websites that don't care about vulgarity like 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I read somewhere about the absolute limit to how deep a (John Holmesian) penis could reach into a (cis)woman. IIRC it wasn't the ovaries that were hit, but the womb, but it does hurt a lot nevertheless.

Also, sorry for calling my you-know-what after a comic book character; didn't expect it would disturb you or anyone else.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, the implication to me is that someone is using a cutting implement of some sort or something not intended for congress, such as a spear. Or the person possessing ovaries has torn a hole in something and bodily climbed in until the entire lower half of her body and lower torso are engulfed, which is just wet and messy... Or it's a vulgar way of referring to standing in some unpleasant liquid such as raw sewage that goes past one's belly button. *goes to review if the ovaries are right below the bottom of the rib cage, right at that level, or slightly above*

It's less the name itself, though it does seem pretty jarringly bad as far as such things go in my experience, and more that you felt the need to share the pet name for your genitalia here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hell, I love it when ye let me talk about stuff!

Alright, so, generally, I think some beards are pretty amazing, y'know, from a practical point of view. Like crazy Viking ones and stuff. Or really impressive muttonchops.

Speaking personally, I don't find beards attractive. I think they're kinda ... I dunno, gruff. I'm into elves, not dwarves. I can understand the attraction, but beards don't do it for me. (I would support my partner if he really wanted a beard, or if he wanted a beard and was unreasonably pressured by society not to have one. But since he's clean-shaven by choice, and there's no loss of respect that comes with choosing to shave facial hair in our society, it's all good!)

On feminism; I have noticed, in some groups, typically male-dominated ones, there is a beard worship thing going on. It's generally not too much in-your-face, but it can be a bit wearing, and I'd say even more so for naturally non-beardy men. Cracked.com is a good example. Men with beards are automatically assumed to be more manly and probably fight bears. Men with impressive facial hair are lauded, held as an example to all. It's often done in a very funny way and I suppose it's harmless enough, but it's a bit of a drag, especially paired with the constant "He achieved that feat doubtless due to owning massively large testicles". After a while, you're like "Sooooo, the more beard and the larger the testicles I have, the better a person I am? Fan-friggin-tastic." I know they don't mean it in a hurtful way, but it's part of the Big Strong Manly Men Are Great And Mighty And Powerful thing that does so much damage to women, men, transwomen, transmen, and probably every- and anyone else as well. No one ever says "I would never have had the sheer f***ing ovaries to stand up to the boss and then punch out that tiger like you just did!" ... Can we start that, as a thing?

Utopian Feminist Solution? Well, hopefully people will finally get the ovaries to say "You know what? Facial hair doesn't define being hardcore."
    I sometimes glorify exceptionally extraordinary beards, but I think I do that for everything exceptionally extraordinary. Like really long hair, which I always get an urge to hug and play with. OwO

I honestly never used any reference to testicles in my speech (outside situations like this one!), I always preferred "They have guts!" or the Danish "Butt-cheeks of steel" if I feel silly. X3

Sorry for not responding to everyone who would warrant a reply from me.

So many interesting posts...

BTW, I'm going to make a "deviation" or two for The Purple Avenger, his Team Purple etc over at deviantART, partially because it will enable me to write about themes that would break the rules of these boards, partially... well I would do that sooner or later anyway. I won't use characters made by other members (The Goddess Legabitp, KenderWoman, etc) unless you really, really want me to.*

*Perhaps we could make our own page there for Giantitp Superheroes?
    Telegram from Holland, sirady.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Meow!"

I have taken the liberty of translating it.

Spoiler
    Show
    While I am saddened that I can not inform you in person, I am currently fighting evil anti-LGBTA therapy from the hearts of this otherwise interesting country, I most certainly support this idea and allow you the use of my likelihood under consultation with Misser Keveak.

Your Sibling in Arms, QueerKitty

I myself have some mimicry of artistic skill, so I would be delighted to attempt a few contributions.

EDIT: I see everyone's favourite barbadin has put that Mindflayer quote in his sig. The more I roll the idea around in my head, the more I see potential in a really strong parody of the Twilight series. It's something I'm tempted to expand on, although it would actually involve reading or watching the entire Twilight series. -.-

If I may, I highly support a Mindflayer-based parody of Twilight and would also offer my attempt at talent for illustrations.

As long as I don't have to draw that. ._.

I suggest Changelings or other fairy shapechangers, they are not too obscure and would complete the Bloodsucker/braineater vs. Shapeshifter/forest-creature dynamic.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #952

It's probably because one of my friends says "balls deep" in the non-sexual way pretty frequently. So I've used to it that way. At first I pictured it like getting into cold water all at once (you know, something hardcore) because getting up to the genitals is the worst part of getting into cold water. Later I realized that might not be what it meant, Googled it, and had an "oh" moment. Despite knowing all kinds of things I shouldn't, I'm surprisingly innocent at times.
    Jude P.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

It has the same potential for a niche following as the zombie Bronte books, only it's injecting a Deep Geek concept into a lowbrow book, instead of a Geek Lite concept into a highbrow book. All those eager to see Twilight smeared will flock thither. It must be done.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Oh god THAT'S what it means?

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I sometimes glorify exceptionally extraordinary beards, but I think I do that for everything exceptionally extraordinary. Like really long hair, which I always get an urge to hug and play with. OwO
    You have this too? Sometimes when I'm on the bus and sit behind a person with a particularly glorious pony-tail I have to restrain myself.

Oh god THAT'S what it means?
    I don't think it's physically possible outside Neil Gaiman's twisted imagination.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-01-17 at 12:44 PM.

― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #956

Silliness
    Spoiler
    Show
    On feminism; I have noticed, in some groups, typically male-dominated ones, there is a beard worship thing going on. It's generally not too much in-your-face, but it can be a bit wearing, and I'd say even more so for naturally non-beardy men. Cracked.com is a good example. Men with beards are automatically assumed to be more manly and probably fight bears. Men with impressive facial hair are lauded, held as an example to all. It's often done in a very funny way and I suppose it's harmless enough, but it's a bit of a drag, especially paired with the constant "He achieved that feat doubtless due to owning massively large testicles". After a while, you're like "Sooooo, the more beard and the larger the testicles I have, the better a person I am? Fan-friggin-tastic." I know they don't mean it in a hurtful way, but it's part of the Big Strong Manly Men Are Great And Mighty And Powerful thing that does so much damage to women, men, transwomen, transmen, and probably every- and anyone else as well. No one ever says "I would never have had the sheer f***ing ovaries to stand up to the boss and then punch out that tiger like you just did!" ... Can we start that, as a thing?

Utopian Feminist Solution? Well, hopefully people will finally get the ovaries to say "You know what? Facial hair doesn't define being hardcore."
    Yes.

I'm not really into beards at all (or mustaches, for that matter), but some of them are just so impressive I have to respect them.

Yes, exactly! Also, having a windmill in your beard is clearly awesome, if probably ludicrously impractical.
    Not if you're holding it together with copper rings - you could use it to charge batteries.

I wouldn't recommend getting too close to an electromagnet, though...

To clarify, I was not intending to conjure disturbing mental images. When I posted, I was thinking of the other use of "balls deep", which is like "the act of doing any activity hardcore, all out, and as fully as possible". I usually don't tend to think of sexual innuendos first. Like last week when my dad showed us "History of the World, Part I", it took me a good fifteen seconds of intense thinking to figure out the joke "First Served, First Come" on the banner advertising an orgy. I usually get puns quickly, but sexual innuendos take some work.
    I actually thought of the meaning you meant, until Coid pointed it out.

Which reminds me; ... ...

I start to wonder if my Two-Spirit character should have shamanistic powers. In one hand, she specifically wanted to be a warrior. On the other hand, I like the "ecomancer" Tula in The Pirates of Dark Water, and wouldn't mind making some kind of tribute.
    You could have her be a warrior with some divination abilities. You may have to give her a weakness, to balance her out (perhaps a penalty to skill checks that require her to concentrate on the physical world?).

I cringed a bit, but that's mostly because I'm not too fond of genital nicknames to begin with. :shrug:

...too much information.
    That's not weird at all, compared to what they 34 for the sake of having 34'd - for example, the number 34.

Anti-gay therapy
    Spoiler
    Show

I can't stand these programs. The very idea that one's orientation can be "treated" appalls me, and frankly it doesn't make sense to blame someone's parents for an issue that isn't even a problem.

Besides, if that were going to work then why hasn't it by now?

(I really want to take this further, but I'm neither depressed nor angry enough to make a good rant without flirting with the board rules right now.)

This makes me feel a lot better. Not as good as crushing bricks with a warhammer, but better.

That's what makes me believe it - I can't imagine anyone making up something so absurd, so it must actually be happening.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

That's why every successful relationship includes handcuffs and a sturdy bed.
    Check, and check
    I mean
    ... you know, there's no way I can possibly seriously rpely to this without sounding perverted somehow, so fill in with your own innuendos and double entendres. Go on, it's free.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

28. - Top - End - #958
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's probably because one of my friends says "balls deep" in the non-sexual way pretty frequently. So I've used to it that way. At first I pictured it like getting into cold water all at once (you know, something hardcore) because getting up to the genitals is the worst part of getting into cold water. Later I realized that might not be what it meant, Googled it, and had an "oh" moment. Despite knowing all kinds of things I shouldn't, I'm surprisingly innocent at times.
    ...Polar bear swims aren't particularly hardcore, last I checked they were mostly something for old people, scandinavians, and people at summer camp who wanted to wake up but couldn't get decent coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

You have this too? Sometimes when I'm on the bus and sit behind a person with a particularly glorious pony-tail I have to restrain myself.
    I'd like someone to play with my hair...

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...Polar bear swims aren't particularly hardcore, last I checked they were mostly something for old people, scandinavians, and people at summer camp who wanted to wake up but couldn't get decent coffee.
    Plunging a sword to the hilt into a wound, on the other hand, is. Figuratively speaking. - which is the deliciously unseeable discovery that neparlepasfrancais made.