New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Arcanus: Expanding the bounds of magic since before you were born

[QUOTE=orb_of_blood;12609802]A drow woman, looking like:

...walks into the reception on the first floor. She's unarmed, and gives everyone present a superior sneer which is mostly obscured by the white hair which covers most of her rather pretty face and even most of her body right down to her legs. I'm loohking fohr ah mahgihc rehseahrching johb? She asks. The tone is very strange, breathy after some vowels, but rather harsh on the other consonants. It's rather obvious she doesn't speak the common tongue very often.[/QUO

Alabaster stares with his mismatched eyes. His glass one is facing the wrong way. The older man stares warily.

Jeanine sighs.
    Ursula's Head Secretary has more authority than a Vice-Head dear. Stop yelling at our visitors.

SHE STEPPED ON MY EYE!!!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Arcanus: Expanding the bounds of magic since before you were born

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Jeanine turns to her as well, still with a smile.
    And you? Can I help you as well?
    I heahrd this ihs ah mahgihc rehseahrching fahcilihtee? She repeats, eyes sweeping over Jeanine judgmentally. Ih'd lihke toh joihn. At the curious sentence she stares at Alabastar, listing him mentally as totally insane and unworthy for her to speak to. As such, she turns her back on him.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

He pops his eye out and polishes it.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

The woman can't help but stare again. The horrible sucking noise (that I'm assuming would be there) accompanying him taking out his own eye was just so... unsettling. Wouhd youh mihnd doohing thaht sohmewhere ehlse? It's less of a request, more of an excuse to aim an insulting tone at him. She could have said: 'Go away because you're annoying' and it would have made pretty much no difference to what the 'request' sounded like.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabaster cleans it with a blue cloth. Respect your elders girl. I suggest you moving. Not me. His eye socket is rather disgusting to see....

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

She glares at him violently with her red eyes, but again, why waste her breath and effort on someone like him? She knows she's better then he is, and this thought is what drives her to shrug and turn back to Jeanine. She'll deal with him later. ((Can you say 'totally self-absorbed'? )

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabaster drops his eyeball. It rolls to the drow.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh grohss! She takes a step back so as to avoid touching it. If thaht thing touhches meh Ih'll smahsh iht! She hisses, irritated.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabaster laughs out loud. Afraid of a glass ball? Really? Who are you?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

Ih'm Nixa Vivilandra ahd Ihm ahfraihd of nohthing! She says haughtily, tossing back her hair to reveal for a fraction of a second that she does actually exist beneath it. Thaht thing ihs vihle, she spits. Whether she's referring to Alabastar or his eye, well it can be interpreted either way.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

It thinks the same about you. It has feelings too! Alabaster refers to his eyeball.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa shakes her head in disbelief. What an odd person. He's completely insane. Loohk, ahll I wahnt is ah plahce hehre fohr my mahgihc rehseahrch. She's practically grinding here teeth together, telling herself that she'll never be let it in if she fries Alabastar with a fire spell.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabaster sticks his eyeball and screws it on the right way. He then introduces himself. I am Alabaster. Vice-head of Divination at Arcanus. Obviously. His eyeball wobbles around.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa straightens. She's quite tall and is probably looking down on him. Ahs Ih saihd, Ih'm Nixa Vivilandra. Necrohmahncer, Enchahnter ahnd destructihve mahgihc specialihst. Sorcerehss. Charmed, Ih'm sure. She doesn't offer a hand to him, or even comment on his position. No, she's too self-absorbed for that.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabaster offers a mechanical hand. Heh. You carry too many titles! Shake my hand. It's polite.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Pixie in the Playground

Ih've mohre titles thehn thaht. Nixa looks at the hand distastefully. Eventually she tentatively takes it. Her arms are covered up to her elbows, and the gloves are soft wool. Without them she probably wouldn't have even considered shaking his hand.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

His hand grasps hers and doesn't stop squeezing. .....Great it's glitching..

18. - Top - End - #348
    Pixie in the Playground

Leht. Goh. Nixa hisses, trying to tug her hand away. He isn't hurting her, she has practically no feeling left in her hands after the accident, but she's still fairly fed up. Nohw!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

I...I can't. The hand keeps squeezing.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Pixie in the Playground

She considers burning the hand off, but it's metal. She could cut it off, but then would she really get a job? She tries instead to pull her hand out from his. Andaress, I'm going to kill him for this.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabaster tries nto yank it away. He fails miserably.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

Wouhld youh lihke meh to cuht off youhr hahnd? She asks irritably. It'd be one way to get it off her...

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

But that would hurt....again. Alabaster yanks harder.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa's patience has run out. She places her other hand over Alabastar's metal one. It begins to glow red. Very intense heat transfers to the metal, and it ought to start melting. Luckily for Nixa, she'd had the insight to buy and wear gloves that were not only fire proof but also water, ice and electricity proof too! Otherwise she'd need new ones every day because of her constant spell-casting. Despite being fire-proof the heat should still conduct through them to the hand without the gloves catching fire.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabaster finally yanks his half-melted hand free. Er....mind fixing my hand?!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "So Air is the basic, soul is the focus, death and chaos are catalysts?" there's a bit of hope in his voice, he may think he's starting to get it.
    Yup. You got it. Now, we can try something new. Smoke. Dazzles, confuses, slightly poisonous, but mostly obscuring. Death, chaos, fire, and air When you're ready, we can start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

27. - Top - End - #357

[Reception Areamabob]

Sooooo, just to make sure. >_>
    His glass eye is still on the floor?

I ask only because a certain person in armor is shifting from foot to foot, waiting, and you never know what might roll under those large, heavy, metal boots . . .
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Talnissa sets to work going through them, though, oddly enough, despite being a robot, and thus being able to read straight through, she'll leave at a fairly reasonable hour.

And then return the next day, to do the same. This process likely continues until she's either exhausted the limits of their knowledge of souled undead, or been able to satisfy herself that she knows things they don't.
    I don't believe this ever got a response?

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    [Reception Areamabob]

Sooooo, just to make sure. >_>
    His glass eye is still on the floor?

I ask only because a certain person in armor is shifting from foot to foot, waiting, and you never know what might roll under those large, heavy, metal boots . . .
    The eye is back in Alabaster's head.

30. - Top - End - #360

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    The eye is back in Alabaster's head.
    Whoops. I missed that one. Sorry.

So in that case, Lumia's still shuffling from foot to foot, just kinda chilling.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.