New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Arcanus: Expanding the bounds of magic since before you were born

Reception Area
    Whoosh!
    X's head comes flying into the Reception Area and begins circling over Jeanine's head before flying off.
    This is why you shouldn't mix Faniky with head removal.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #242

Default Re: [Nexus] Arcanus: Expanding the bounds of magic since before you were born

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Romeo will take it where he's asked and do so with every stack of paper. When complete, there were only six stacks, he'll ask if there's anything else he can do for her. "Do you need anything else, Ma'am?"
    That'll be all for now. Thanks, Romeo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    I need to know you entire history of magic.
    "My entire….? Uh…..10,000 years is kinda very long to recount….might be better that I just walk out now…"
    He turned to leave.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post

The entrance door is made of glass. She can clearly see there are people inside. She's a little too quiet to be heard.
    Oh. Well then!
    With a shrug, the girl (she can't be more than about 17), just opens the door and walks in, accompanied by some very loud clanking. Unless she's stopped, anyway.

The source of the loud clanking is fairly self-evident, as the armor she's in looks fairly heavy, bulky, and more than a little spiky. She also has a fairly plain looking longsword strapped to her side, and a shield on her back.

"Oooooooooooooh."
    She 'oooh's, appreciatively, rubbernecking to take in the reception hall/room/thingy.
    She slowly makes her way over to the reception desk, taking great care to avoid hurting anyone by accident, and then patiently waits to be noticed and called to talk to the nice lady behind the desk.

Of course, what's waiting without singing quietly to yourself?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    That'll be all for now. Thanks, Romeo.
    Floor six

Romeo nods turning around to find his master... Not there. He looks about the room in vain. He even searches under desks, but to no avail. "Oh, not again." He returns to Natalia, just a bit on the dejected side. "Ma'am? This is going to sound rather awkward, but, may I watch you work for a bit? I believe my master may wish to have me learn from you."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #246

Floor six

Romeo nods turning around to find his master... Not there. He looks about the room in vain. He even searches under desks, but to no avail. "Oh, not again." He returns to Natalia, just a bit on the dejected side. "Ma'am? This is going to sound rather awkward, but, may I watch you work for a bit? I believe my master may wish to have me learn from you."
    She perks an eyebrow, and moves her mouth to 45 degrees.
    Alright. I was just about to work with the Ancient Spells. A bit more complex than the elemental or transmutal spells, but doable.
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

7. - Top - End - #247

Floor Six

Romeo nods, trying to keep from looking totally lost. He knows next to nothing about runic magic, but he can generally piece together what she's doing based on almost every magic's basic laws. Old magic=Strong magic. Strong magic=Hard to do. Hard to do=Romeo, stay quiet but observe.

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #248

Floor Six

Romeo nods, trying to keep from looking totally lost. He knows next to nothing about runic magic, but he can generally piece together what she's doing based on almost every magic's basic laws. Old magic=Strong magic. Strong magic=Hard to do. Hard to do=Romeo, stay quiet but observe.
    What I have here are some runes that are used in the spell "Shadow Rush." Be sure not to add catalyst, the Chaos and Death Runes here, before merging them with a focus rune, the Soul Rune. When that's done, add the Air Rune, and fire away! I'll show you.
    *Soul, Death, Chaos, Air*
    And now...
    Natalia blasts the shadowed surge into a part of the room shone on by magic lights. It dissipates after several seconds.
    You try.

9. - Top - End - #249

Oh dear. He's been asked to demonstrate. Keeping up his charade of competence he picks up what have been demonstrated to be the Soul and Death runes. "Right. Sooo... Soul and Death. And I just... Merge them?" he looks at the runes intently. He just needs to "merge" them. How does he do that? "So, umm, hypothetically, if I was a rank novice who's never even seen a rune before today, how would I go about that? Do I just, say, let my magic flow through them or...?"

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #250

Oh dear. He's been asked to demonstrate. Keeping up his charade of competence he picks up what have been demonstrated to be the Soul and Death runes. "Right. Sooo... Soul and Death. And I just... Merge them?" he looks at the runes intently. He just needs to "merge" them. How does he do that? "So, umm, hypothetically, if I was a rank novice who's never even seen a rune before today, how would I go about that? Do I just, say, let my magic flow through them or...?"
    Runic magic requires simply directing the magic similar to an exploding arrow. Fire it, and make it explode with a thought.
    And to merge them? Just crush them together. Not too much force is needed for that, just scratch them together for a few moments.
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2012-01-17 at 11:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

Floor six

Romeo follows the intructions, and is actually a little surprised with how easily he fused them, almost sure he could screw it up some how. Fusing in the air rune gave him a bit of relief. He knew wind magic the best, same as his master. Taking a breath out of habit he pulls back an imaginary draw string in his mind. It was a different type of tension than he was used to imagining but it wants to be released all the same. With a release of the string and his exhale he sends the spell forward towards the lit area. He is utterly astounded he was capable of it. "Wow... What, what would that do to someone?"

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #252

Floor six

Romeo follows the intructions, and is actually a little surprised with how easily he fused them, almost sure he could screw it up some how. Fusing in the air rune gave him a bit of relief. He knew wind magic the best, same as his master. Taking a breath out of habit he pulls back an imaginary draw string in his mind. It was a different type of tension than he was used to imagining but it wants to be released all the same. With a release of the string and his exhale he sends the spell forward towards the lit area. He is utterly astounded he was capable of it. "Wow... What, what would that do to someone?"
    It partially blinds them, and dims their light perception.

13. - Top - End - #253

"A spell with runes for "Death" and "Chaos" are used for that? I think master would call that overkill."

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

First Floor

A young man opens the door and walks in, his blue eyes glancing around at the inside of the building and the people occupying it. A tie-dye headband is wrapped around his head, semi-holding his long black hair in place as he continues to examine everything, as if he wants to make sure of himself. He's wearing a simple blue and black shirt, black shoes, and black jeans, arcane lines running from the right ankle to the waist line of the jeans. Finally, he hefts his pack and walks over to wait next to the girl singing to herself.

Reference
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gimliggamer; 2012-01-24 at 07:50 PM.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Gimliggamer View Post
    First Floor

A young man opens the door and walks in, his blue eyes glancing around at the inside of the building and the people occupying it. A tie-dye headband is wrapped around his head, semi-holding his long black hair in place as he continues to examine everything, as if he wants to make sure of himself. He's wearing a simple blue and black shirt, black shoes, and black jeans, arcane lines running from the right ankle to the waist line of the jeans. Finally, he hefts his pack and walks over to wait next to the girl singing to herself.

Reference
    Spoiler
    Show
    And he gets a happy wave-wave-wave!
    "Hi! Are you here to apply too?"
    She asks, carefully putting her hand down to avoid hitting anyone with the spiky arms of her armor.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

He waves back. "Yup. What are you here to apply for?" He inquires, noting her spikes.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

17. - Top - End - #257

He waves back. "Yup. What are you here to apply for?" He inquires, noting her spikes.
    And her spikies are, in fact, very spiky.
    Like, very, very spiky.

"Not entirely sure. But in a school full of mages, they'd probably have some use for someone who hits stuff, or can carry heavy things, right?"
    She says, shrugging slightly.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

He shrugs. "Seems logical to me, considering most mages can't hit stuff or carry heavy things."
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

19. - Top - End - #259

He shrugs. "Seems logical to me, considering most mages can't hit stuff or carry heavy things."
    "Exactly. And if they really, really, reaaaally need someone to try spells on, I guess I could do that too.

I guess.
    Some of them."

She says, somewhat warily.

"Oh! Anyway! I'm Lumiarai!
    Who are you, and why are you here?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

"Pleased to meet you Lumiarai. My name is Kevin, and I guess I'm here to continue experimenting with what my powers can do and continue my alchemy research," he replies. If there is a way for Kevin to shake Lumiarai's hand without chopping it off, he holds out a hand.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

21. - Top - End - #261

"Pleased to meet you Lumiarai. My name is Kevin, and I guess I'm here to continue experimenting with what my powers can do and continue my alchemy research," he replies. If there is a way for Kevin to shake Lumiarai's hand without chopping it off, he holds out a hand.
    Oh yeah, her hands are non-spiky. Gotta be to hold stuff to hurt people with.
    "Makes sense."
    Lumiarai says, nodding slightly.
    "Well, s'a pleasure to meet you."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

"So, you seem pretty wary about a mage's ability to cast spells," he pokes.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

23. - Top - End - #263

"So, you seem pretty wary about a mage's ability to cast spells," he pokes.
    "Well, fire does tend to hurt . . ."
    She pokes back at him, having been there and tried the fire before.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

"So, you expect people here to catch you on fire?" He asks.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

25. - Top - End - #265

"A spell with runes for "Death" and "Chaos" are used for that? I think master would call that overkill."
    Ancient Spells are what Gielinorians, like myself, call "powerful". More power means more powerful catalysts and a focus.
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2012-01-25 at 12:07 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266

"So, you expect people here to catch you on fire?" He asks.
    She shrugs again.
    "You never know what's gonna happen."
    Mages being mages, and all.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    She shrugs again.
    "You never know what's gonna happen."
    Mages being mages, and all.
    He shrugs as well. "Well, I suppose you might be able to, since they do have a divinations department here."
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

28. - Top - End - #268

He shrugs as well. "Well, I suppose you might be able to, since they do have a divinations department here."
    Lumia nods at the one.
    "Point to you. But they haven't told me anything yet, so I'm still in the dark.

So, you mentioned 'what your powers can do'.
    Shaaare?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, from what I understand, I can heal people's wounds by accessing their auras and taking some of the pain onto myself. I'm intrigued by this, because I'm quite sure there's more to be discovered by this," he explains.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

30. - Top - End - #270

"Well, from what I understand, I can heal people's wounds by accessing their auras and taking some of the pain onto myself. I'm intrigued by this, because I'm quite sure there's more to be discovered by this," he explains.
    "Huh. Cool.

Though,"

She says after a short pause.
    "It means people are gonna have to get hurt to try it.
    See? There we go. I'm assured a job.
    WOOHOO!"
    Show