New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Paladin homebrew help

Hey everyone. I'm trying to work out a paladin variant with more spell casting. I wanted to get 0-5 or 6th level spells. The spell progression will be between Mystic Ranger and Bard.

My question is what spells would you put on the list for 0 level, 5th and 6th? Any suggestion?

If this was already done even better, I haven't been able to find anything yet.
    Last edited by GeekGirl; 2013-07-18 at 10:48 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Paladin homebrew help

Sounds like you're looking at a Paladin/Cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
    Evil Guy: Your reckless display of power shall have a steep price today, mageling! *attempts to throw an undisclosed number of babies in the fiery pillar*
    You: NOOOOOOOOOOO!! *hero point => standard action (dismiss spell)*
    Babies: *bounce "harmlessly" off the ground*
    Evil Guy: Damn you, sorcerer! This is not over!!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

5th: Atonement, Break Enchantment, Commune, Mass Cure Light Wounds, Dispel Chaos/Evil, Disrupting Weapon, Hallow, Mark of Justice, Righteous Might

6th: Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, Dictum, Mass Eagle's Splendor, Heal, Heroes' Feast, Holy Word, Mass Owl's Wisdom, True Seeing

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

What from the paladin class are you willing to lose in exchange for better spellcasting? That is the most important question that you should ask.

Just adding levels of spellcasting doesn't make it better, it makes it overpowered and munchkinny.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Inquisitor might be worth taking a look at. It seems very similar to what you want to do.
    Homebrew: TemporalistQuotebox • Avatar by Kris on a Stick
    Blue is for sarcasm • Call me Attila

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

It may not be to your tastes, but Ziegander did something similar to what you want some time ago.
    Last edited by Xerlith; 2013-07-18 at 12:31 PM.
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    What from the paladin class are you willing to lose in exchange for better spellcasting? That is the most important question that you should ask.

Just adding levels of spellcasting doesn't make it better, it makes it overpowered and munchkinny.

Debby

Not entirely sure yet, I was going to get some ideas for spells and see what to take away from that. Likely it will be the special mount and something. I still have a good bit to work out with it.