New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXV: The Thread Everypony Should Know

BronyCon VA interview is on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aqd1_eA7xo

Sectioned out, here's the first one. Kinda disappointed in the crowd questions at the end.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-01-08 at 11:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Suddenly Granny Smith is best pony.

And I wouldn't worry too much about those timberwolves. Their 'bark' is worse than their 'bite'.

Heeheehee.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    BronyCon VA interview is on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aqd1_eA7xo

Sectioned out, here's the first one. Kinda disappointed in the crowd questions at the end.
    Yeah Con goers are crazy. Got a front row seat though, literal in front of the desk. Perks of a Gold Sponsor.

I'm so jelly of the guy who got a hug from Nicole Oliver. But She signed my Pinklestia. I also got a photo with Asleigh Ball and Andrea Libman said my OC was cool.

I'm still high on the experience and am now having my first meal in 24 hours.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    And on to the non-pony starship related dohickey...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Question, ponythread...

Given that the following happened (more or less word-for-word):

The PC Jedi is meditating an trying to attune to an ancient alien spire with some residual psionic tendancies. He gets a psionic image of the future; a sudden burst of feeling that something terrible is about to happen, something very, very evil and dreadfully powerful. There is a brief impression of a ship, in blue space, all dark spines and blades and sharpness, and soft voice whispering sadly: “They are coming. The Fall begins.” before it suddenly vanishes. The PC gets a strong feeling there was more, but like a dream fading in the morning, he cannot remember it. When he tried to tell the others what hey saw, the first time he tried to repeat the spoken words, they didn’t come out in English, but in a language he didn’t understand or recognise. The PC found himself thoroughly shaken by the experience.

Would the following seem to passably fit said description? (Roughly, bearing in mind the PC may not have seen this class of ship specifically. And that said ship is still currently a work in progress...)

The description made me think of the Shadows. Which is amusing as you mentioned them in the next post. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    That's a statement that covers everything from a real life horse to a brushable to slave trafficking. We'll need you to clarify the size and nature of this pony, also, pictures.
    And if you're managing slave trading from Equestria, your contact details. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Suddenly Granny Smith is best pony.

And I wouldn't worry too much about those timberwolves. Their 'bark' is worse than their 'bite'.

Heeheehee.
    Oh my GOD. That pun.
    Why Tect why
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Yeah Con goers are crazy. Got a front row seat though, literal in front of the desk. Perks of a Gold Sponsor.

I'm so jelly of the guy who got a hug from Nicole Oliver. But She signed my Pinklestia. I also got a photo with Asleigh Ball and Andrea Libman said my OC was cool.

So jelly right now....well pardon me while I go angst and brood over at the corner over the fact that I live waaaaay too far ever attend Bronycon.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    So jelly right now....well pardon me while I go angst and brood over at the corner over the fact that I live waaaaay too far ever attend Bronycon.
    Sadness detected. Fire the Pinkie Laser.
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Excuses.

We had people from Germany to LA.

You have almost 6 months to get ready. Meeting Lauren Faust is worth it.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Not much to add to the new ep discussion save to comment on:

Spoiler
    Show
    The BGM, especially during Granny's Tale ... I just thought it was excellent in this ep.

That and bunny costumes ... whoever decided to put those in there owes me a new pancreas. (I still can't figure out how Applebloom is able to use the ears so expressively while wearing it though!)

Hrmm, to add more non-spoiler pony to this post ...

Oh sod it, can't think of anything other than this still.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Mare in the Mirror chapter 12, for those who read it. Still not much response, but maybe once it's finished... shouldn't be too many chapters left.
    I'll start at the begining, if you don't mind, Deadly...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    The BGM, especially during Granny's Tale ... I just thought it was excellent in this ep.

That and bunny costumes ... whoever decided to put those in there owes me a new pancreas. (I still can't figure out how Applebloom is able to use the ears so expressively while wearing it though!)

Hrmm, to add more non-spoiler pony to this post ...

Oh sod it, can't think of anything other than this still.
    I just watched the new episode myself, seeing as I couldn't Saturday. -_-*

Spoiler
    Show

It was enjoyable, most definitely. And when I saw the bunny costumes, i could not stop LAUGHING! seriously, I kept my grandfather up all night with my overly girlish giggles that caused him to doubt my sanity (Which he told me as such when he came to tell me to shut up and go to bed).

And as to your link, Blastech... Gee, thanks, now I'm gonna be stuck at the computer all day, unable to tear my eyes away from the screen. I was lucky enough to get away to write this!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Well, considering I have to build 'em from solid shapes; I.e. extrusions, lofts, revolves and sweeps, that's perhaps not too surprising! (Doing something as "complex" as those skulls I did a while back is several orders of magnitude more complicated!)

The former, naturally! What, you think I actually come up with stuff for my RPGs that either doesn't already exist as a fleet or that doesn't make it onto the tabletop?

When I wrote the description, I was very vague, as I'd got no real ideas as to what the ships would look like. I did consider doing something that looks like a nudibranch flying backwards:

Spoiler
    Show

but decided that would be a) too difficult to manage with the material constraints and b) like the Shadow Battlecrabs in B5, might look cool with one or two designs, but wouldn't be very visually interesting as a diverse fleet.
    Gotcha. I don't know why I didn't think you'd make it a model. I'm not too clever nowadays. And the reverse Nudibranch is exactly what I was thinking, though thicker. So at least we were on the same page there...

How bored are you? I mean, if you're really stumped, I don't have any fanfic, (or anything pony-related) but somewhere around, there is my History of the Dark Wars Part I, which is just some (extensive!) campaign fluff I wrote up a while back...
    Yes please.

Man, you are impossible to find. I think I had been seeing you the while time and just didn't know you... I was afraid to just walk up to folks and ask if they were Orzel, until after the fact Kyouhen said that's what he did the first time...

Of course, your magic stealth powers kick in there, too. "Hy Kyouhen, what's Orzel look like?"
    "Well, he's kind of tall, but not really, but he's not short. And hes like, I wouldn't say skinny, but he's not not skinny. And his hair is... Yeah."
    "So we're not gonna find him are we?"
    "no, no I don't think so."

Excuses.

We had people from Germany to LA.

You have almost 6 months to get ready. Meeting Lauren Faust is worth it.
    James was a swell bloke. He gave us cake! I think we took him out to breakfast, too. And he did singing with Jade if I recall... Though I totally didn't know he was from Germany until the very last minute of the hotel.

But seriously though! If I can get Braz to work with me, I'm going to try and save money specifically to help folks with transit. If we have a community set of hotel rooms again, we could probably pull in some eurobronies. Thought I'm being told that aussiebronies are still not cost effective... We'll see how my job opps go.

We will find a way to get the thread together if possible though. Just give us a year or two.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Image dumping time!

Firstly, something I drew for Raz_Fox. I don't know if you're still lurking raz, but here's some Misted Stage fanart for you:
    Spoiler
    Show

And now another picture I did, some Pinkie Pie antics:
    Spoiler
    Show

Next, to get them out of the way, new episode spoiler pictures:
    Spoiler
    Show

And some random selections:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Firstly this, linked for largeness.

Snailestia?

Bad puns, bad puns! Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Warning: Incoming Diabeetus:

And lastly, the continuation of the "Long Hard" day of Training comic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Image dumping time!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's a nice one.

Gotcha. I don't know why I didn't think you'd make it a model. I'm not too clever nowadays. And the reverse Nudibranch is exactly what I was thinking, though thicker. So at least we were on the same page there...
    I'm still ruminating on it. I decided I didn't like the little spikes after all (which is why I left it a bit, as I wasn't 100% sure when I did them.) I don't think I can reasonably get an aspect ratio narrow enough to be printable tomake them look good, so I'm going to abandon that idea. (They were intended to be sort of weapon emplacements, but I figured that if the race has advanced and compact weapons technology, most of the secondary weapon emplacements are probably not really visible (as they aren't on lot of starships, generally).

I'm now thinking of adding something like either sharpish backward-pointing fins on those faces (in pairs, slightly angled out, and parralellel to the vessel's direction of travel) or some sort of curved spike/blade thing facing forwards (again in pairs), as "funnel rippers" used as part of their version of FTL-space flight systems.

But it's goin' on the back burner for a bit again, as tomorrow I need to start painting some of the 30-50-odd starships I've got hanging around, especially since my next batch of prototypes is due this week. (Though I'm not expecting them to actually arrive this week...!)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    Yes please.[/color]
    As you asked, then...

History of the Dark Wars Part I

Note that there may be a few typoes here and there (I've read though and corrected the main document more or twice since I posted this, and it's not not editable in the archive!)

And also, since this is me, it should be remembered that the game rules - which ever set happens to be applied - is considered an inaccurate representation of the real world. So despite Dree mainly being run in 3.x (well, 3.Aotrs V.Dreemaenhyll anyway) it should not be considered as a D&D world in the same way, as say, Faerun or Golarion for Pathfinder, say. (E.g, everyone uses Mana, not memorised spells or spell slots. And the bestiary was chucked out completely and re-designed from mostly-first principles mytholgy, with only my Tolkien bias showing!)

Part II hasn't, by the way, been written yet (or even started), as I've not been on a fantasy jag for a while now, between learning to CAD starships and tanks keeping me solidly in sci-fi. (And what bits I have done on Dreemaenhyll have been on the "present" era.) And writing up the details of 80 years of historically accurately-timescaled war - which basically manes fighting the whole war - is actually damned hard!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-01-08 at 04:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    And as to your link, Blastech... Gee, thanks, now I'm gonna be stuck at the computer all day, unable to tear my eyes away from the screen. I was lucky enough to get away to write this!
    No problem.

I'm kind of hoping that it operates like the Ring video or something, in that by showing it to you I can finally get on with something productive today!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

24 hours after the new episode and there is now a fan animation of it. Naturally there are spoilers.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Man, you are impossible to find. I think I had been seeing you the while time and just didn't know you... I was afraid to just walk up to folks and ask if they were Orzel, until after the fact Kyouhen said that's what he did the first time...

Of course, your magic stealth powers kick in there, too. "Hy Kyouhen, what's Orzel look like?"
    "Well, he's kind of tall, but not really, but he's not short. And hes like, I wouldn't say skinny, but he's not not skinny. And his hair is... Yeah."
    "So we're not gonna find him are we?"
    "no, no I don't think so."

James was a swell bloke. He gave us cake! I think we took him out to breakfast, too. And he did singing with Jade if I recall... Though I totally didn't know he was from Germany until the very last minute of the hotel.

But seriously though! If I can get Braz to work with me, I'm going to try and save money specifically to help folks with transit. If we have a community set of hotel rooms again, we could probably pull in some eurobronies. Thought I'm being told that aussiebronies are still not cost effective... We'll see how my job opps go.

We will find a way to get the thread together if possible though. Just give us a year or two.
    Keep this description in mind.
    Almost 6'. Black. Very short black hair. Trimmed beard and mustache. Buying and bidding on Rarity merch exclusively. Front row reserved seat in the ballroom.

A Pony Thread meetup. Interesting.

I was rea
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #406
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Awesome Needs more instruments, though

Wait, there's another Dane in ponythread?
    Evidently, assuming you are one at least.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

That's a statement that covers everything from a real life horse to a brushable to slave trafficking. We'll need you to clarify the size and nature of this pony, also, pictures.
    I assure you, it's just a Pinkie Pie figure. The very last figure they had, might I add. The lighting in my room suck, it's 10:30pm and all I have is a the camera on my phone. Pics tomorrow. :3
    *rolls over and disappears*
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-01-08 at 05:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Oh my GOD. That pun.
    Why Tect why
    Lixie, Lixie, Lixie... when you're as old as I am, you'll realize that some puns just need to be made.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Also, just for discussions sake, I heard it mentioned that Lauren Faust said she never planned out an episode where the CMC got their cutie marks but that she would like to do it. What does everyone think are the chances of such an episode actually happening?
    If Hasbro is firm on the 65-episode limit and the FiM team keeps getting a relatively free hand I would not be surprised to see (half-)Season Three feature some episodes that tie up loose ends, like the CMC getting their cutie marks and perhaps even the return of Trixie.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure Rarity made the costumes and added a bit of magic to enhance the effect ("Don't forget the magic in the dress").
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey ponies! Back from con and finally able to get in front of my computer.
    So the con was awesome and so were all the ponies I got to meet with special notes to Siuis and Braz for putting up with my tired, head-ache filled husk following them around for most of the con. I got some cool swag, mostly for my brother who couldn't come, I got a sketch from Egophiliac for myself, an awesome cutiemark crusaders keychain from Braz and Siuis, and I got a few pictures from con which I will be posting here later, but right now I am still tired and uncoordinated so I am gonna leave off at that and go take a nap, or something like that before work.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Lixie, Lixie, Lixie... when you're as old as I am, you'll realize that some puns just need to be made.
    ...how old are you? XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

...how old are you? XD
    Erm... 17.

.////////////////////.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Erm... 17.

.////////////////////.
    Pft. Youngling.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Colossus in the Playground

And if you're managing slave trading from Equestria, your contact details. >_>
    I'll be honest:

That was the entire reason I made that post.

I knew I could count on you to clarify.

Erm... 17.

.////////////////////.
    I did not call that!

Quote Originally Posted by legomaster00156 View Post
    Review will happen today.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

I did not call that!
    How old did you think I was? And I was hoping for, 'I'm a year older then you', Lixie...

26. - Top - End - #416
    Colossus in the Playground

How old did you think I was? And I was hoping for, 'I'm a year older then you', Lixie...
    Mid thirties for some reason.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Mid thirties for some reason.
    Mid... thirties...

I... I don't know how to even respond to that, mate...

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    If Hasbro is firm on the 65-episode limit and the FiM team keeps getting a relatively free hand I would not be surprised to see (half-)Season Three feature some episodes that tie up loose ends, like the CMC getting their cutie marks and perhaps even the return of Trixie.

Spoiler
    Show
    I figure Rarity made the costumes and added a bit of magic to enhance the effect ("Don't forget the magic in the dress").
    Wait, what? What's this about a 65-episode limit?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

I want to know this as well.

Also, new episode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it ranks just above average for me. The CMC parts really did drag it down some, though seeing Granny Smith being so spry brought a smile to my face. And her tale was the one that redeemed what I thought was merely a good episode. Who'd thought she was one of the original founder of Ponyville?

That being said, I think we can safely assume Equestrian ponies lifespan are not equivalent to their real-world counterparts. Instead, they seem to show slightly slower than human average ageing instead.

So. Are rainbows made from zap apples now?
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-01-08 at 07:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

65 episodes was a thing with Disney cartoons. I'd be very surprised if it applied to Pony. Particularly since the Disney thing was aimed at hitting the bare minimum number for syndication, which has since been reduced to 52. So if anything you'd be thinking about a 52 episode limit.