New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside III

[Food Court]

Integrity's first instinct is to something high up. but that would send the wrong impression, wouldn't it? "Anything that's available, really. I'm experienced with management, But if a more physical oriented position is required, I can fit into that as well."

She will, unless Grace objects, attempt to move into the seat across from her.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

Given that Grace had offered the seat moments before, it seems unlikely that she would have a problem with it.
    "In truth, I don't know of any positions that I really need to fill." Grace explains. "But if you're qualified, I wouldn't mind some assistance."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Integrity nods, "As an aide than? Or maybe a secretary? I could handle either one, I believe," I hope, she doesn't say aloud. After the management experience she's had in the past she could potentially do quite a bit, but Integrity doesn't want to push it.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

Integrity receives a nod of acknowledgment as Grace chews on a bite of sandwich. She was hungry, and had a headache probably for that reason, and the store thing. "Well then, if you'd like to submit an application, I would be glad to receive it. I'm not prepared for an interview at the moment though, as you may have guessed." The eudai says wryly, glancing at her lunch.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Aurora Fountain]

Astra has, in fact been avoiding looking at Essy's mental images, focusing more of his psychic talent on the juggling than anything else, so he doesn't see anything from Essy's eyes.

Still though, when the clinking of coin hits the ground, he stops juggling and just stares. That's.... that's a lot of coin. And... is that gold? This weird robot lady is giving them gold?!

Astra just stares in shock at the growing pile of money, his hands holding the dripping technicolor bottles. Who the hell was this robot to have this kind of money, that it could just throw away?

Of course, no way Astra is going to stop her. That'd just be stupid.
    Once she's done pouring gold out of her hand, the robot smiles, and goes to sit down on the edge of the fountain.

"So, tell me, who are you? Other than talented and needy performers, I mean."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Integrity smiles, and reaches into her purse, "Will a resume be enough?" And she pulls out a sheet of paper detailing...

Almost no formal education, and her work history can be broken down to managing a cult for three years? That's not exactly auspicious.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

"Ah- yes." Grace says as she takes the resume and briefly looks it over, expertly keeping a smile on her face despite the resume contents. If she really needed, she could keep that smile on while being attacked with a blunt battleaxe. "Seems like an interesting shift of focus, to apply for a position in a mall." The businesswoman observes pleasantly. "Might I ask what brought that about?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora fountain]

Astra shakes himself out of it, "Oh, uh, I'm Astra, and the flexible girl is my sister, Essaila. We, uh, We're hivers."

[Food Court]

Integrity looks a bit uncomfortable, "I'm sort of trying to turn my life around. The boys don't know what happened to me, so I figured this would be a good time to change things, you know?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

Grace doesn't look uncomfortable, but she's becoming increasingly uncomfortable as well. She's just really not sure how to handle the situation. "You have children?" She inquires kindly.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Essaila, in lieu of a verbal introduction, holds out her hand for the robot to shake, backwards and upside down.

She gives their generous patron a large, close-lipped smile.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Integrity blinks, "What? No! I was talking about the cultists. I'd always call them the boys for shorthand." did grace think she'd abandoned children? Of course not!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

Grace actually thought she meant her children hadn't known that she was in a cult, but sees no reason to explain that. "Oh, I see, well that makes a bit more sense." Of course, now Grace is thinking she is on the run from a cult. Smells like trouble to her, but if she needs help, and Grace could prepare ahead of time, then maybe...

The business part of her mind obstinately insists that someone from a cult and with no education was hardly suited to help manage a mall. The altruistic part of her mind replies that it would be better to give her a job than leave her without, to which Business asserts that it would be unfair to others to give someone a job they weren't really qualified for out of pity.

As it happens though, Altruism is armed with the power of guilt, and despite its long standing resilience and tradition, Business dies messily. Not that Grace is going to make a final decision on how to handle it all yet, but she's decided she's going to figure out some way to help Integrity out.

"I think I can save the rest of my questions for the interview." Grace says. "I should really eat lunch- if you'd like to join me though, I'd be happy to have your company."
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2012-01-14 at 09:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Aurora fountain]

Astra shakes himself out of it, "Oh, uh, I'm Astra, and the flexible girl is my sister, Essaila. We, uh, We're hivers."
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Aurora Fountain

Essaila, in lieu of a verbal introduction, holds out her hand for the robot to shake, backwards and upside down.

She gives their generous patron a large, close-lipped smile.

[Aurora Fountain]

Talnissa cocks her head curiously, smiling back at Essaila, and does her best to shake the flexible girl's hand is the proper fashion for it being upside down and backwards, though she's not at all sure what that is.

"Hivers being...?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Grace assumes correctly this time! "Thank you, I'd love to."

And then, she has no idea what to say. grace is hopefully the better of the two at conversation here, because Integrity has no idea how to talk to a potential boss.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

"This is a rather random question- and I'll understand if you might not want to get into it, but how much do you know about magic?" Grace inquires. "Are you capable of practicing it yourself?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Integrity nods, "I can, yes. Technically, I'm still a cleric of the lord of the eigth, on top of my own, er, inherent abilities. Why do you ask?"

[Aurora Fountain]

Astra blinks. The robot doesn't know what a hiver is? He supposes she could have been programmed without the knowledge... "we come from a hive world. you know, the planets with entire cities covering it? We were born in the underhive."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

"Ah. Well you see, Nexus boasts an incredibly large array of magic, but despite the extreme differences in the systems that support them, I have yet to see anyone have trouble using their magic within the Nexus." Grace explains. "I've been thinking that it is a very unusual phenomena, particularly as I'm sure some of them must be entirely contradictory... I've thought about putting some effort into studying it."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Backwards meaning that she rotated her arm up around her should until the hand was facing upside down, and upside down meaning she rotated her wrist until the hand was pointing back the right way, only backwards.

It's a very involved process, and would most likely be impossible with a normal bone and joint structure.

After shaking the robot's hand, Essaila just sort of stands there, feeling kind of awkward. She'd really like to get going away from that awful bell, but it's not wise to just cut and run on someone who negligently paid for your food for a year.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Integrity nods, "It does seem that way, doesn't it? I know a man who ages whenever he uses magic; I've never encountered anything like that here before."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

"Exactly. I just get the feeling that if we understood why it was this way- or at least, how exactly it worked- we could take advantage of it in some way. Like, imagine we could use it to create our own form of magic, from scratch." Grace suggests. "I'm sure an accomplishment like that would take a lot of effort, but the results..."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Integrity taps her chin, "Couldn't we potentially just pick a design at random and make it work for us? the Nexus connects to infinite worlds, from my understanding. Wouldn't that mean that at least one world, somewhere, simply has you want something and it happens?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

"No. Even an infinite array of universes do not have to contain all possibilities. As an example, you could have an infinite number of universes with the only difference between them being the size of those universes, regardless of whether that space was used." Grace points out. "And I don't believe anyone has the evidence to conclude that Nexus connects to infinite universes anyway. It connects to many, I'm sure, but infinite? I doubt it."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

"Point taken,"
    Integrity says in return, "Still though, it sounds like it would be amazing to create an entire working of magic on our own. I'll most certainly help, if i can."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

[Electronics Asylum]

A critically injured robot crawls its way into the store, all the while spilling out copious amounts of coolant liquids and oils (hopefully the janitors won't mind...). Its single red photoreceptor pulses back and forth as it looks for either the parts necessary to repair itself, or a storekeeper who can help it find the aforementioned parts.
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

Oh? Dorota looks at Syela. Well, I could use an apprentice, I suppose. What exactly did you do for that alchemist?
    "I mostly just collected different kinds of plants for him. He always said that children couldn't be trusted with other things." Syela's voice takes on a bit of sarcastic tone by the end.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-01-15 at 03:14 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Dorota chuckles. An all too common attitude among the educated people, isn't it? Well, I won't turn down someone who wants to learn alchemy. When do you want to start?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"Hello, and welcome to Electronics Asylum! How can... rrr..."

Eliza will walk around the counter to get a good look at the robot.

"Does your vocabulator still work? What's your model? If you can communicate your model, it will be easier for me to find the requisite parts."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Any time. I could start right now if you wanted. I kinda... really need the money too." Syela is poor. Dirt poor. It begs the question where she's staying all alone and with no money. <.<
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-01-15 at 10:53 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Electronics Asylum

"Hello, and welcome to Electronics Asylum! How can... rrr..."

Eliza will walk around the counter to get a good look at the robot.

"Does your vocabulator still work? What's your model? If you can communicate your model, it will be easier for me to find the requisite parts."
    It takes a minute for the Cylon to respond due to internal critical systems lag. Steam is rising out of the vents in the robot's cranium, which is not a good sign for the silicon wafers housing its AI. How is it even going to afford this? It has no money, and it doesn't want to set off a security system...

".... Cylon Centurion Model 0005- Warrior/Marine variant."
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"Any time. I could start right now if you wanted. I kinda... really need the money too." Syela is poor. Dirt poor. It begs the question where she's staying all alone and with no money. <.<
    Oh? Well, it's alright, but I need to have Sizewell drop off the books and eat something first. If I may ask, where are you staying? Dorota adds, having a sneaking suspicion after the girl's admission that she needs money.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.