New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[The Kitchen, Future]

"I asked you since I didn't have any ideas dear." Cessie replies with a smile. "We'll see about that wish though, might be dangerous..." She says, teasing him a bit. She was sure he could handle such things. The sorceress pauses a moment however as another thought enters her head. "Do you feel recovered now Harnel? I didn't want to ask until I was sure you were."

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Kitchen, Future]

Harnel smiles, taking a small pendant out from under his clothes. It's a piece of dragon bone, "I've had this on me all of today. no weariness, no pain. I think I'm completely fine now." He certainly looks back to normal. also, very very happy.

He then sets about putting the food he made on the table. There's some there for Cessie if he wants it, but the unsaid understanding is that if she doesn't want it, Harnel will eat it for her.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #633

[The Kitchen, Future]

"Are you sure about it Harnel? I can't feel any more malign eldritch energy coming from you but you yourself know best." Cessie replies, letting him eat the food.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Kitchen, Future]

"I really do feel fine, yes," Harnel says, smiling, "I'm keeping the necklace with me just in case though. It might be more resilient than we expect, but I'm not going to let that keep me down. Not taking any chances, but I'm definitely optimistic."

Harnel will eat rather quickly as Cessie speaks to him.

5. - Top - End - #635

[The Kitchen, Future]

Cessie nods slowly and falls silent for a moment before she suddenly look up at her husband. "I want to take a chance." She suddenly says.
    But as soon as she said it she looks back down as if ashamed. "I mean... you look and feel fine, there are no empirical evidence which suggests any remaining corruption."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-26 at 06:27 AM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Kitchen, Future]

Harnel quickly finishes his bite, grinning, "I was waiting for you to say something like that."

I think we can end here. We both know where this scene is going

7. - Top - End - #637

[The Kitchen, Future]

What do you mean? <.<

There were other things to discuss though!

[Bedroom (hopefully) - Much later]

"...I been talking to Jezebel. That is, Ariel's mother." Cessie admits as they presumably are laying next to each other in the master bedroom.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Chimerium is any metal exposed to large amounts of large unreality, making it highly unstable and responsive to all sorts of magic. It's a soft, blue-and-red glowing metal... Dorota absent-mindedly looks at her watch and her eyes grow wide. Oh my, it's this late? I'm afraid I need to get home before Crissy starts to worry, she says apologetically. They all got caught up in the discussion.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

Nadas didn't get caught up and lost in the discussion. He just has nowhere to go. =x

"Ah... well. I suppose I'd better return to my expedition then." Maybe water some plants he took from the Weald.
    He's going to be so bored in comparison now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #640

[Library]

"Oh, sorry for distracting you. I hope you aren't late for anything important now. Just hurry so you don't miss that okay? We'll talk again later." Cessie tells Dorota before she runs off.

She then turns to Nadas, "Actually I thought this expedition sounds rather interesting. Where are you located exactly?"

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

Sakura shifts enough to give Cessie a tight hug. She lets go a moment later and settles back as comfortably as she can.

The birth isn't easy. It's an especially long and painful process. With Harnel, and soon the doctor, the birth is a complete success. There aren't any complications and Laela is healthy.

A while after the birth, Sakura is lying in bed, propped up by a number of pillows and holding Laela bundled up in a blanket. All that's visible of the baby girl is her completely bald head. She has pointed ears much like Sakura and her skin is on the lighter side, more like Adir's. Sakura cradles Laela carefully in her arms, smiling down at her.

Guests are perfectly welcome at this point.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

Guest Room

Presumably, the people from the hospital got here and are making sure that nothing goes horribly wrong. They'll stay out of the way unless something really big happens.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"We're at the outer edge of the Weald. One of the few civilized areas located [Insert Coordinates]." Perfect place for excursions into the dangerously dangerous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom - Later]

Harnel is surprised, "What did you talk about?" There's also the unsaid question of; was it entirely peaceful? But he's not going to ask that out loud, assuming Cessie can keep her head about this sort of thing. she's normally very collected, after all.

[Guest Room]

Harnel will pull up a chair beside the bed Sakura's in. He's smiling, but there's a bit of bitter sweetness without Adir, "How do you feel?"

15. - Top - End - #645

[Library]

"I see, we'll I'm afraid I couldn't come personally until I'm 'free' of my current burden." Cessie replies, gesturing towards her stomach. "But I could send an elemental there and possess it, it would be the second best thing."

[Guest Room]

Cessie looks unsure what to say, it was a baby, it wasn't like she hadn't seen one before. She had been at other birth's so this one shouldn't really be that surprising or shocking. Giving birth always looked so painful though.

For now she just smiles foolishly, not really sure what to say, sitting at a chair on the side of the bed.

[Master Bedroom - Later]

"Just... things. It went better then I originally though." Cessie replies as she presses herself against Harnel who probably feel her swollen belly against his.

"I'm not really sure how to deal with them though, it's always so awkward even if they're different persons."

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

"I'm... okay." Sakura says. Her thoughts are in the same place as Harnel's Without Adir here, her feelings are conflicting. She's overjoyed to finally be able to see and hold Laela, but without Adir... "

Isn't she beautiful?" The dryad finally looks up from her child to look at her friends.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom - Later]

"I understand what you must be going through with different people seeming hard to deal with when they look like someone we know, but I'm glad you're talking to them anyways," Harnel says, not minding the swollen belly at all, "Ariel seems to really like you, even if she doesn't particularly like me."

[Guest Room]

Harnel is nothing but smiles, despite his thinking about Adir as well, "I think she's more beautiful than you, Sakura. And that's saying something."

18. - Top - End - #648

[Guest Room]

"...she really is Sakura." Cessie finally says. Children always made her awkward and here one was just a few months before she was going to have her own.

"Should I get something for her?" She then asks carefully.

[Master Bedroom - Later]

"I'm sure she cares about you Harnel." Cessie replies while warping some of his hair around her finger, absentmindedly playing with it. "You're like her uncle, a very kind, good uncle."

[Harnel's Forge]

Hannah appears near Harnel dressed in a long flowing dress not unlike Cessie's though slightly tighter. It doesn't like she's trying to hide her curves like a certain mage does either which is good since she seem like she would have some trouble to.

Only a being that came out of his mind...

She have pink eyes and other rather exaggerated features of an albino and probably looks close to Kaitlin face-wise even if it's mixed with someone else. Her hair is bright orange like Kate's however and her arms and and pretty much every part of her body which isn't curves is a homage to her.

"Greetings Harnel." She says with a smile and then laughs a bit, "You have a quite dirty mind don't you?"

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

hHarnel is working some adamantine when Hannah arrives, though he puts that aside when she starts talking. He's currently shirtless since he can use his hands in the forge and isn't bothered by heat. He wears a pair of durable leathers on his pants, and has a belt with tools of his trade.

He looks her over. She's like a curvy albino Kate? That's... very strange, "What are you talking about? I have some dirty thoughts from time to time, but everybody does."

20. - Top - End - #650

[Harnel's Forge]

"Yes, underneath each stone is a beast waiting to devour you isn't there? We need to keep that beast down or it will destroy everything you hold dear." Hannah states as she seem to be seizing Harnel up. "You had to keep your stone down quite a while didn't you? So long that you almost betrayed your friends just to let the beast get a little taste of freedom." She smiles gently.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-27 at 06:38 AM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel frowns at Hannah, "Look, I don't know what you're getting at. And frankly, I'd prefer if you didn't slander me. Now, what do you want?" Hannah is starting to put Harnel is something of a foul mood.

22. - Top - End - #652

[Harnel's Forge]

Hannah looks slightly confused, "Slander you? I wouldn't dream of it! I just got that from your memories and thought I might bring it up as it's in my memories as well. Something we both share." She gently explains. "You know, something we can both relate to. That's how you make friends right? I admit I'm quite out of practice in the area but one can always begin anew. In any case I didn't mean to offend you, let's be friends alright?" She smiles again.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel's brow remains furrowed, "Fine then. so, who exactly are you? You still haven't told me."

24. - Top - End - #654

[Harnel's Forge]

"Didn't I tell you? Kate gave me the name Hannah, but if you are asking what I *am* I haven't got a clue honestly. I'm actually trying to figure that out myself and I think you can help me with that." Hannah explains as she steps a bit closer just to stop and sniff in the air, frowning slightly at the smell coming from the forge and waves it away.

Harnel might notice that all the smoke disappears without a trace.

"Anyway, do you know a woman by the name of Kaitlin?"

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel's frown deepens, "She died by Carden Alsk's hand, killed to fuel a ritual. She was an albino, like you. Why?" Harnel looks towards his forge, but doesn't worry about the smoke, figuring this girl is probably a mage or something. Besides, a smokeless forge would be wonderful.

26. - Top - End - #656

[Harnel's Forge]

"Ah... my memory seems to have been incomplete then. Who's Carden Alsk? And what ritual?" Hannah asks.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom - Later]

Harnel sighs, "I'm also the one that crashed into her while i was still a demon," he's obviously not happy with himself about that.

[Harnel's Forge]

"A lich and master necromancer, Kaitlin's teacher."

So... memories. A being that looks like a mix between Kate and Kaitlin. Libra said she used memories to craft herself. Is this the new Libra? If so then she took information from Harnel's mind. The half-dragon guesses that's what the black thing was when he killed her previous body.

Strange, she doesn't seem to remember any of that. A completely different person, with no memory of being an oni. She knows how to do things though, as evidenced by the smoke. He tenses up, but doesn't attack Hannah. He's simply wary. Maybe he can turn this to his advantage.

28. - Top - End - #658

[Harnel's Forge]

"Killed by her own teacher? I hope it was for something worthwhile... though seeing you here, I'm guessing it wasn't." Hannah observes as she looks at Harnel.

"Looks like your life only improved though. You got everything you ever dreamed of... somehow." She starts to gesture around her. "Favored by the gods huh?" She grins.

[Master Bedroom - Later]

"You can't possibly blame yourself for that Harnel." Cessie replies as she attempts to climb on top of him. "That was all Libra's fault, demon or not."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-27 at 07:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"As a part dragon, I always want more. I'm good at moderating myself, and I'm quite content with what i have here," Harnel sighs, "Carden Alsk's ritual was to destroy a country. You can decide whether or not that was a good thing." Hannah may 'remember' the country of Ascaerin, which is the one Carden Alsk wished to destroy.

[Master Bedroom - Later]

Harnel sighs, "Yes I know. I still feel bad for it, though. Regardless, I'm glad you're getting along with them."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-02-27 at 07:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #660

[Harnel's Forge]

"I'm not about to judge such things, I'm more interested in you actually. Kate didn't want anything but you have almost unattainable desires. It's an interesting contrast. Can you really keep content here? Even with all these riches surrounding you?" Hannah asks.

[Master Bedroom - Later]

She pauses for a moment before saying, "They are going to have a wedding and they actually considerate inviting us. Well, I'm not sure they did but the way Jezebel said it..."