New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Master Bedroom - Later]

"If they do, we should go," Harnel says, "I'm curious about the sort of place they live in, how it differs from our version of the world. They've had at least... what? Twenty more years there than we have? It's even possible i never came to the nexus at all there, considering how they don't even seem to know of me."

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel lets out a sigh, "For the most part, yes. don't get me wrong; I'm human enough that I'll always find a way to complain about something, or want something to be better. But if i got everything I wished for, life wouldn't be worth living."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-02-27 at 07:43 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Hannah laughs, "You really believe that? If you got everything you ever wished for, you would just wish for new things and once you those granted you would want other things... and so on. I could get everything I wish for, but what do I wish for? I'm not sure. I'm not even sure why I was brought into being or why I have these powers. I do suspect you know something about it considering we have a connection."

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel shakes his head, "Well, if you are what I think you are, then it'd be best if you simply looked into my mind. I'm thinking about it right now."

Harnel is currently thinking about everything Cessie told him about Oni, as well as how Wenomir killed Libra

4. - Top - End - #664

[Harnel's Forge]

Hannah suddenly seem to freeze, staring openly at Harnel before she slowly shakes her head. "No... I'm not that. I might have connections but I'm something else, I'm sure of it. I'm not a 'oni', I'm a human being." She replies.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"I don't think you are either," Harnel says, "But Libra explained something to me once; she was here to research the way humans think and act, and she was the oni. So, without a proper being to study the world through, she made you. You seem different though; Libra knew what she was, what the oni was. you, on the other hand, are much more human in the way you respond to things and act. Naive, but human. I think the Oni is just watching through you, and doing what you wish to happen." harnel motions to wards his forge, "Like the smoke."

6. - Top - End - #666

[Harnel's Forge]

Hannah stares at Harnel for a moment before she shakes her head, "That's... even if that was true I know that I'm human." Unless of course her memories were faulty. Then again it was possible...
    Hannah looks down at her hands for a moment.

No, she couldn't try to closely on this. She needed to find out more, she needed to trust her senses for now.

"I recall what a human is and I know I'm like that, not some other entity." She shoots a glare at Harnel. "So how did you get involved in all this? And why did you kill her? You seem very brave for nearly admiting it in front of the entity who created her. If you tell the truth that is."

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"Hannah, you're missing what I said," Harnel says calmly, "I said; you are not the oni. You were created by the oni, but it is you that is making the decisions, and deciding what to do and how to do them. You, not the oni itself."

"I'm not worried about it knowing that I was the one that kill Libra. It had the chance to strike out at me days ago if it wanted to, but it doesn't even have any emotions. Being vindictive isn't even possible for it. Libra died because she was a threat, purposefully causing problems for me. She had a direct hand in nearly killing a friend of mine, even."

8. - Top - End - #668

[Harnel's Forge]

Totally justified!

"So you kill all persons that are a threat to you? Doesn't sound particularly noble. Looks like you might have brought some of it on yourself anyway." Hannah shrugs.

"In fact, just from the few memories I got from you I'm not sure helping Kate is such a good idea anymore. Wishes seem to be cause more trouble then they help really."

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"That's for you and Kate to decide, Hannah. Something to make a person happy without making others upset is always a good idea." He scratches his forehead, "So, let me ask you; what do you want?" Harnel smiles, "A wise man told me to take care of yourself first, so that you can make sure you're in the right state of mind to help others."

"I'm perfectly willing to be friends with you, if you'll let me. You can cover anything you may want physically, but I' might be able to help you more directly with psychological stuff. for example, explaining what you are and why you have powers."

10. - Top - End - #670

[Harnel's Forge]

"I just wanted to help Kate since she helped me figure out a bit more who I am. I'm part her you know? Or at least I think so. The Kate I know is nothing like her and that's why I think she's hiding something from me." Hannah sigh, "But anyway, what do you want? I'm trying to stay out of your mind, but I know you want something. So unlike Kate I can actually help you."

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"I appreciate that," Harnel says. The scales on his face darken slightly as he blushes, "You already admitted to looking into my mind, though. Hell, you probably know what I want better than I do," He knows she probably saw some interesting things in there. Hannah may also understand that Harnel is attempting to trust her. Forming some trust between the two of them is a good way to make a friendship last.

12. - Top - End - #672

[Harnel's Forge]

"Uhh... are you sure that's such a good idea? Remember what I said about beasts waiting underneath each stone? Are you sure it's such a good idea to turn the stone over so to speak? Maybe you should be more specific?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

That just pique's Harnel's curiosity.

"Well... that's what I'm leaving to you, isn't it? Choose something that you don't think will make me upset, I guess. And won't cause problems." Harnel's very very curious as to what sort of things Hannah is referring to, but he doesn't quite say that. Part of his mind is telling him to just tell her 'no, it's fine!' and get her to leave, but it's not like that's an option now that he's said this.

14. - Top - End - #674

[Harnel's Forge]

"But... you want a lot of things." Well, he wanted them, but she didn't think Kate wanted to be a lesbian either. She really wasn't sure how to deal with this.

"You want to be a woman, you want to change your wife in a few ways, you want a lava pool, you want a lesbian relationship or possibly heterosexual sex as the other gender." Hannah counts up things Harnel want subconsciously (or so his player told me!). That should solve things right?

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Keeping in mind of course, the majority of these things are mentioned to be things he's simply curious about

"Um... really?" Harnel is just sort of dumbstruck. He knows he asked for it, but he's never had things laid out quite so succinctly before, "Uh... the lava tub sounds good. The rest I'd... sort of like to know about, but they'd probably cause too many problems just by themselves," and bluuuuuuuush.

16. - Top - End - #676

[Harnel's Forge]

"See what I mean with beasts devouring your life? We think we want a lot of stuff we don't want in reality." Hannah replies with a smug smile.

Of course, in Harnel's case it could be breasts devouring your life. >.>

"I mean, I don't mind granting thing temporarily if you like trying things out but you should know at least." She shrugs.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-27 at 10:26 AM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Now... that is an interesting mental image >.<

Harnel thinks about this for a moment, "Well... uh, before I decide on anything, is there anything you want me to help you with? understand something a bit better with the help of a person who has more experience?" Harnel is trying to decide whether this is a terrible idea or one he could have a lot of fun with. It's probably both. "Give something in exchange, you know?"

18. - Top - End - #678

[Harnel's Forge]

In Harnel's mind it's probably both, yeah.

"I don't know honestly. I was planning to contact the last person who I feel a connection to. I probably should limit myself but it might be fun try the limit of powers." She replies with a thoughtful expression. "Of course, absolute power corrupts absolutely..." She frowns slightly. "I'm not sure actually. It doesn't really feel like I have any control."

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"Then it's like I told you before," Harnel says, "The oni is doing as you instruct. Don't buy into the idea that you have no control though. You can do whatever you want, and that's a fact. human beings make their own destiny."

Harnel rubs his head, "None of it's a great idea, so I'd just go for the lava tub if you're willing to do that."

20. - Top - End - #680

[Harnel's Forge]

"Alright, a lava tub. Any specifics? I don't really know much about lava but these things seem to sort themselves out... somehow. I for one don't think I got that much control." Hannah replies.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"Well... I want the lava to never cool as long as it's inside the hot tub. finding the lower half of your body encased in obsidian would seriously suck. Another thing I'd like is to have something for Cessie as well. Obviously she wouldn't be able to join me in the lava, but a hot tub would be nice for her; I could join her in that if I chose to do so. Nothing feels quite the same to me as a dunk in hot magma, though," He reflects on that fondly, "If any of this is out of your ability to do, don't worry about it. I can live without this sort of thing."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Sakura pokes her head out of a window. "Hey, Hannah? Can you change your font colour. It's hurting my players eyes, and he can't be the only one." And with that she moves out of sight once more.

And with that little bit on non canon fourth wall breaking over with, back to your regularly scheduled post.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Guest Room]

Harnel is nothing but smiles, despite his thinking about Adir as well, "I think she's more beautiful than you, Sakura. And that's saying something."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Guest Room]

"...she really is Sakura." Cessie finally says. Children always made her awkward and here one was just a few months before she was going to have her own.

"Should I get something for her?" She then asks carefully.
    Sakura smiles a little wider at their reply and glances down at the baby again. Laela shifts her head a little and moves her mouth in her sleep, but soon lies still again.

"I'm not sure." Sakura says looking back to her friends again. "She needs her crib soon, but it's all the way back at Watch."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Library]

"I see, we'll I'm afraid I couldn't come personally until I'm 'free' of my current burden." Cessie replies, gesturing towards her stomach. "But I could send an elemental there and possess it, it would be the second best thing."
    "You can possess your elementals? How does that work? I presume they're just magically drawn through the element that represents them to come into being?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #684

[Library]

"Almost, the elementals are actually parts of the elemental realms animated by the wizards mind which is why they usually have a humanoid form. They are actually a physical manifestation of my mind burrowing material from the elemental realms." Cessie explains. "I basically just choose to control them more directly, letting go of my own body for a while. The elementals are already copying my own sensory capabilities due being a unconscious manifestation of my myself. They tend to take the general shape of the casters body once directly controlled because of this however. An rather unfortunate side effect if you ask me." Mostly since the elementals don't have any clothes.

"Curiously enough it doesn't seem to copy my pregnant form for some reason. Perhaps since it's not been imprinted on my unconscious mind yet?"

[Guest Room]

"I could summon a earth elemental to get it for you Sakura." Cessie tells the dryad nervously as the earth elemental appears nearby, awaiting commands.

"She's very calm." She suddenly adds while looking at Laela, being used to babies screaming at the top of their lungs even a while after birth. I'd assume we skipped past that part though.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-29 at 06:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"That... doesn't seem particularly accurate to me. A pregnancy would first imprint itself on an unconscious mind before the conscious one."

"There must be another explanation." Perhaps the original theory is flawed. This requires testing and research!
    "We should perform testing and research."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #686

[Library]

"Wait, sorry. I mean subconsciously, not unconsciously. My theory is that the subconscious image I have of myself still isn't pregnant and hence why that leaves no trace while I take direct control over a elemental." Cessie corrects herself.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

".... Oh."
    Nadas looks disappointed.
    No testing or research needed.

"Yes, that would explain it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

"Thanks Cessie, that'd be great." Sakura looks down at Laela again. "I just managed to get her to sleep a little while ago." Sakura looks like she could use some sleep herself, but she doesn't particularly want to. Besides, she has to wait till she can put Laela down.

29. - Top - End - #689

[Library]

"In any case, it'll be perfect for such an expedition as neither I or the children would be in any danger." Cessie replies with a nod. "Just tell me when you will have one and I'll gladly join in."

[Outside the Keep]

Cessie approaches the keep, the doors opening themselves to her as she walks up to the entrance. She looks somewhat more recollected now then when she left Maglog but it's still pretty clear she isn't in the greatest of moods.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Oh. I explore on a pretty regular basis when not coming into town for research materials and supplies."

Unfortunately, since the death of the thread and the inability to continue coming up with wacky hijinks, it's pretty much all off-screen now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast