New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Foyer]

Bang! Sakura suddenly stops her pacing and looks up at the door. "Ces-" Before she can get any more out, Laela starts bawling at the top of her little lungs. "Sh sh sh, don't cry, Laela, don't cry." Sakura puts Laela back up to the breast she'd been feeding from just a moment prior. Unfortunately, the crying doesn't stop.

Sakura looks tired. Very tired. Like she hasn't gotten much sleep yet tonight. She's dressed in nothing more than a bathrobe, likely for the benefit of anyone else that might be up late.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"Uhu... and anything else?" Hannah asks with a raised eyebrow, being able to tell he wasn't done yet (with some cheating on her part).

[Foyer]

Hearing Laala cry and seeing Sakura breast feeding wasn't really what Cessie wanted to come home to. She resists the temptation of casting silence around the baby and look up at Sakura. "Are you okay Sakura? I... could have a elemental take care of her for a moment. You look like you could use some sleep." Yes, let an elemental take care of a baby, great idea.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

Harnel sits back in his chair... and promptly falls asleep. He just sat through about ten hours of panic over Sakura, and the fact that he doesn't have any sort of stamina at the moment has caught up with him. Nothing short of physical injury will wake him up at this point.

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel rubs his eyes, "Look Hannah, Maybe we can hold off? I have no idea what I'd ask for beyond that, so we could, maybe, hold off until another time? Maybe once I'm able to do something for you in return?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Sakura shakes her head. "I've seen your elementals. I don't think they'd be good for holding a baby." Sakura gently bobs up and down, making soothing, cooing noises in an attempt to calm Laela. After a moment, the baby latches on again and the crying stops. Sakura sighs in relief and closes her eyes. "Hey Cessie." She says without opening them.

5. - Top - End - #695

[Harnel's Forge]

Hannah shrugs, "Sure, just mentally call me or whatever. But please, just don't call me about 'wishes' okay? I'm trying... not to be that kind of person."

[Foyer]

Cessie looks at Sakura a while before deciding something. "...let's try talking tomorrow okay? Just try sleeping Sakura, I'll wait up on Harnel." She tells her friend quietly, not wanting to wake up Laela again. Didn't that hurt anyway?

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Laela isn't sleeping! She's eating! "Is there something you wanna talk about?" Sakura opens her eyes and focuses on her friend for the first time. "We can talk now. Laela will probably be up a while longer." Sakura could use something to pass the time.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"Sure," Harnel says, "And feel free to ask me if you have any questions."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #698

[Foyer]

The sorceress hesitates for a moment before she speaks, "...okay, well Harnel and I had a fight since he invited me to a social event with the personal from Serpen's Gaze. I got upset since he sprung that on me from nowhere and started telling me that I never took any risks..." She sigh. "Nothing good came out of that conversation. He told me to leave and I did. I don't think either of her were very reasonable at that moment." She sigh. "I think I need to go softer on him or this isn't going to work."

[Harnel's Forge]

"What would I ask?" Hannah asks with a grin right before getting ready to leave.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-01 at 12:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"He did what?" If Sakura wasn't holding a baby she might have facepalmed. She swallows the urge to express how dumb she thinks Harnel was being. Obviously that's not what Cessie wants right now.

The dryad moves over to her friend's side. She manages to free one hand from holding Laela so she can try and take Cessie's hand and give it a squeeze. "Don't say that. You know he loves you. You two can talk this over and get through it, and maybe you'll get something through that thick skull of his too." Sakura gives a small smile.

10. - Top - End - #700

[Foyer]

"But it always end this way, he do something stupid and I get angry. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I just can't understand him sometimes." Cessie asks with a glance at Sakura.

The dryad might notice that the mage is somehow able to hide her pregnancy.

[Library]

"Well, just tell me if you want me to come along to an expedition and I'll gladly follow, with an elemental of course." She replies.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Sakura probably heard all about that dress before Cessie left for the party. *nodnod* Or at least that explains why she never reacted right away. <.<

"Hey, you're just thinking about the bad things right now. You have to remember all the good times too, you know." Sakura says encouragingly.

12. - Top - End - #702

[Foyer]

"But I do think about those times Sakura, it's just that this time he's against me..." She sigh again and closes her eyes. "I suppose I shouldn't react so strongly just since he got a different opinion then me but I just can't understand why he feels this way. He was the one being tortured, he was the one killing the girl in there, he's the one Jezebel seem to hate... it just doesn't make sense to me Sakura. Why am I the bad guy in this? What do I fail to see?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-01 at 03:00 PM.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Sakura shakes her head. "You weren't being the bad guy. He should have told you why he wanted to go there right from the start, and everything else about it." She has no idea why he hid it from her. To trick her into going? That's not okay. "I dunno, I guess the best thing you can do is wait till you're both calmed down before talking about it."

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Of course. As soon as Dorota makes those devices." For communication. Nadas closes his notebook and starts grabbing his ludicrous pile he got from the public library so that he can leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #705

[Foyer]

"Yeah... but I left him all alone there. I didn't really want to go but when he told me I got even more upset. Now he's going to sit there all night bidding." She can't resist rolling her eyes at that thought.

"There is no telling who he's going to come home with." Probably going to be drinking as well. "I don't think a second meeting will go very well."

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"If he has any brains in that head of his he won't be doing any of that." Sakura says. She has some faith in Harnel at least.

And it looks like Laela is done eating. Sakura covers up (much to Cessie's relief I'm sure.) and shifts her arms a little bit. "Good girl." Sakura coos as Laela promptly drifts off to sleep.

17. - Top - End - #707

[Foyer]

Cessie nods, believing in Sakura for now, she really should stop thinking such negative thoughts about her husband.
    Better trying to think about other things instead, "Um, doesn't that hurt Sakura?" She asks referring to the breast feeding, glad her friend now were decent. Cessie was very tender these days, it was hard to believe having someone feeding on her like that.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-01 at 04:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Actually, it doesn't hurt at all." Sakura was pleasantly surprised by this. She had similar troubles to Cessie during her pregnancy. "The first couple days it was a little uncomfortable, but it's fine now."

19. - Top - End - #709

[Foyer]

Then why start if it felt uncomfortable at first?

It just seemed so carnal to her, "Yeah... now I remember Isolde telling me something similar when she was breastfeeding." She comments while glancing at the sleeping child. "Must be quite the work though."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"I haven't had a full night's sleep since she was born, and diapers are terrible." Sakura giggles, though it's somehow far less cheery and lighthearted as might be expected of her. "I wouldn't trade it for the world, though." She smiles down at Laela.

21. - Top - End - #711

[Foyer]

"I'm sure." Cessie replies with a smile. "I'm not really going to be able to handle two babies by myself though which is why i need to hire some more people to take care of them and feed them." Like a wetnurse.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"You have Harnel to help you too, though." Sakura doesn't quite understand how Cessie could want someone else to take care of her kids, and it shows through. She hasn't felt the same way at all.

23. - Top - End - #713

[Foyer]

"Sakura... I will take care of my kids but I have experiments to run and my duties at Watch and the council position...." She pauses a moment. "Do you think I'm doing wrong?"

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Well... no. I didn't mean to say that. I just couldn't imagine not being the one taking care of Laela and being with her all the time. I understand though, don't worry." Sakura smiles at her friend. "And maybe I can take care of the twins if you need me to sometimes." She suggests.

25. - Top - End - #715

[Foyer]

"Yeah... you could." Cessie replies but still seems rather hesitant. "The truth is however that I'm not sure about the babies Sakura. I have been trying to avoid thinking about them for a long time now but I can't really ignore them anymore can I?" She sigh. "I'm not sure I'm ready for them, if I ever were. They haven't been in any of my future plans and now that there is only a few months left I'm not really sure what to do. I mean, they're twins, part dragon twins. I can't even imagine how they will look like. I'm... not sure I would make a very good mother Sakura."

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Don't say that. You'll make a great mom." Sakura insists. "Of course you're worried. I'd be really impressed if you weren't. Just remember that you have people that care about you that want to help you. If you need help with anything at all, just let me know." She says, and she really means it to.

27. - Top - End - #717

[Foyer]

"But I'm not mother material at all Sakura, I don't think I can care for them like you care for Laela." Honestly, she was a bit worried what they looked like. "I don't know what quarter dragons are like all, there are no books about how to raise them and I don't know how to feed them... I'm not sure I can be close to them, what if I can't?"

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Sakura definitely needs to be the calm one here, that's for sure. Considering her own troubles right now, it's remarkable she's able to.

"They'll be cute little babies like any others. Well, except with a little more hair than Laela maybe." She smiles a little. "I never thought I was mother material when I got pregnant either, but I think I'm doing alright so far. You're smart, you can figure it out if I can. And feeding them isn't too hard. They do half the work for you." Sakura just demonstrated for Cessie a few minutes ago. "They need to eat quite a bit though." As is evident by Sakura being woken up in the night for just that reason.

29. - Top - End - #719

[Foyer]

Sakura is a remarkable woman *nodnod*

Cessie takes a deep breath, "They do... but I'm not planning to breastfeed though." She admits awkwardly. "I was planning to have a wetnurse or some other alternative if I can find one." She hesitates. "If I don't find one in time... would you...?" She doesn't really want to finish that sentence.
    "I mean, it would just be one at the time of course if it ever comes to that, just the possibility... still three months left..."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-02 at 03:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Sakura blinks. Was she asking... Wet nurse. She's read that before, in one of her books. Not that it isn't pretty obvious what Cessie means.

"I, um... Well... I guess I could. I mean, you're gonna need someone to watch them anyway, and I'm here for now anyway." She really doesn't want to consider the possibility that she might be here long term because Adir still hasn't returned. That's the last thing she wants to think about right this second.

"Sure." She says after some internal debate. She's still a bit taken aback by the idea, but she's willing to give it a shot. "I mean, if you're sure you don't want to do it yourself."