New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

Aerie

Kashi will brighten noticeably, and follow Harnel inside. At least Harnel always cared for him. Now to find an empty room inside to sleep in, and hope Cessie, Kirin or Sakura didn't find him and kick him out before morning.

Things were so much easier when he wasn't so gosh-darn big.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aeire]

Harnel will take Kashi down to a room on the third floor. He may recognize it as the one Harnel put him in the first time he came to the keep, "You've been sleeping on the roof a lot, Kashi, but you have to remember this is your room too. we'll start using it for soemthing else if you don't want it though."

Leaving Kashi to what he wishes to do, harnel will make a quick visit to Cessie's lab to retrieve a certain amulet bearing a the design of a scarab, which will restore him to his native gender.

This is followed by heading down to the first floor, where he believes Cessie will be waiting for him. But he stops at the door, his hand hovering over the knob. What if she doesn't want him to come back? What if she regrets marrying him, and honestly wanted him to join the Masks rather than stay with her.

Fear grips Harnel, and Cessie will feel that wash through the bond between them as he stands, staring at the door that would lead him to his wife.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Come in Harnel, you don't need to be afraid." A gentle voice comes from inside the room. "I just want to talk a bit."

Foyer

He's coming now, I'll talk to you later, okay? Cessie says quickly before closing the link.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Harnel opens the door slowly, and Cessie will see his green scales for the first time as he steps into the room. Rather quietly, he'll take a seat near Cessie, bringing over a chair if necessary, "Hello, Cessie."

5. - Top - End - #755
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Aeire]

Harnel will take Kashi down to a room on the third floor. He may recognize it as the one Harnel put him in the first time he came to the keep, "You've been sleeping on the roof a lot, Kashi, but you have to remember this is your room too. we'll start using it for soemthing else if you don't want it though."

Leaving Kashi to what he wishes to do, harnel will make a quick visit to Cessie's lab to retrieve a certain amulet bearing a the design of a scarab, which will restore him to his native gender.

This is followed by heading down to the first floor, where he believes Cessie will be waiting for him. But he stops at the door, his hand hovering over the knob. What if she doesn't want him to come back? What if she regrets marrying him, and honestly wanted him to join the Masks rather than stay with her.

Fear grips Harnel, and Cessie will feel that wash through the bond between them as he stands, staring at the door that would lead him to his wife.
    "Kashi's" Room

Once Harnel is gone, Kashi drapes himself over the bed, mumbling a small, "Snyuu..." over the sorry state of things. First Harnel gives him a room, then Cessie tells him to sleep outside, then he has a room again, but only if he uses it, only he's supposed to be outside, and if Cessie finds him she'll give him a look again, and he'll feel super bad.

Snyu is right Kashi.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #756

[Foyer]

She raises an eyebrow but would rather comment about the fact he smells of booze rather then the green color of his scales. She resist such temptations though.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Cessie asks gently while putting away the book.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"I was walking through a park and ended up running into a fey. She turned me green and we had a short verbal sparring match, but other than that not much happened," leaving out the woman part, of course. Cessie doesn't really need to hear about that, "The condition she set for turning me back to my normal color was waking up in the same bed as you, since she figured out we had an argument."

8. - Top - End - #758

[Foyer]

"So our argument have turned into a bet, how fitting." Cessie replies dryly, feeling up to burn beings who would use their quarrels in such a way.

"Let's see if I can dispel it for you instead latter, but now... I'm sorry that I got upset at you but you shouldn't have sprung it at me like that, do you understand?" The sorceress says, her gaze falling unblinking at the half-dragon.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Harnel nods, "I understand. The reason I did it was because Jezebel asked me to. We met while I was out one day, and started having a conversation. Eventually she told me she was planning the auction and that she wanted me to bring you and Wenomir along, and i was attempting to make amends for what happened at the Gaze, so I honored her wishes and didn't tell you who it was that invited us."

10. - Top - End - #760

[Foyer]

"And why did you trust her? I figured you wouldn't trust a person who had tortured you Harnel. Or have I missed something?" Cessie asks. "It might as well have been another trap. What if she had killed me the instance I entered?"

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Because it was a public place filled with powerful people she was trying win over, not prove that she murders people. I wasn't actually tortured, just put in some severe bonds, and the only reason they wanted to keep me was so that they'd have a bargaining chip to deal with Watch. The reason they picked up, moved and hid for so long is because they were afraid of us Cessie. We were the aggressors, not them." Despite the booze, he's keeping whatever emotions he has in check, just speaking calmly about it in the hopes that Cessie may understand.

12. - Top - End - #762

[Foyer]

Cessie sigh, "So you believe they are doing good, is that it? You believe we should be punished by the law because of what happen? Is that so Harnel? We still have no idea what they were doing there but it probably wasn't anything good. I think even you know that Harnel."

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Cessie, stop," He simply raises a hand, speaking calmly, "You're trying to pick another fight and neither of us want that. I believe that We weren't in the right when we attacked, but we weren't in the wrong either. We had Inside's best interests at heart in regards to stopping the demons that might have come through, but things escalated when we were banned from the premises. Near as any of us can tell, they were running a legitimate business while holding their religion in the basement."

14. - Top - End - #764

[Foyer]

The sorceress shakes her head, "Fine, it isn't even the main issue here. The issue is that you put her feelings over mine Harnel, your own wife."

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Understand, Cessie, that i had no intention of making you angry. I can't stand it when you're angry at me," despite the calm in his voice right now, it's true. He has a sinking feeling more and more as she continues trying to fight. He takes a moment, searching for the right words, "People don't always take the smartest course of action; hindsight is exceptional, to say the least. But if I'd known you were going to react that strongly I wouldn't have forced you to come, or at least i would have told you first."

"That's part of what we do as a couple. We learn where each other's patience ends, and while I'm sorry that it turned out like it did, I honestly didn't believe you'd get so angry."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-06 at 12:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766

[Foyer]

"Harnel, you told me you were convinced I weren't going to follow you if you had told me so how did you expect me to react when you basically tricked me into the situation? You know Jezebel made me cry right?" Cessie replies, her tone still rather calm.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Harnel nods. he'd assumed he was the one that made her cry, but either way isn't really better. "Yes, I found out about that." He rubs his forehead, "Cessie, I think we both know went wrong tonight, and our talking about that won't change it. But it Might help us avoid it in the future." He's trying to change the subject off of what they're talking about, "I promise to you, here and now, that anything that comes our way I will inform you of it. This will never happen again, if I can help it."

18. - Top - End - #768

[Foyer]

Cessie frowns slightly, "And will you be on my side? Not prioritizing someone else feelings over mine like you did now? That's what hurt me the most."

[Sakura's Room - Future!]

As Sakura sits inside her room she can hear someone yelling from the outside the keep, "Hohooo! Sakura! Cessie! Are you in there?"

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Harnel simply nods, looking Cessie in the eyes. Whether she accepts that, of course, is up to her.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura's Room => Outside]

Sakura looks up from changing Laela. Could that be..? The dryad quickly finishes putting a fresh diaper on Laela and picks her up. She then proceeds to head out the front door. "Zelia?" Sakura says and looks around.

21. - Top - End - #771

[Foyer]

The sorceress sigh, "Let me dispel that stupid enchantment." And then she will focus upon removing the spell the fey used on her husband.

[Sakura's Room => Outside]

The nymph is outside actually and this time she have hairy caterpillars covering her private parts. She regards the dryad with an absolutely radiant smile and nearly leaps at her just to glomp Sakura. "Ohh Sakura! I'm SO happy for you!"

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Just as long as Zelia is careful, she can hug Sakura. Glomping might be a bit much since she's holding Laela. The dryad grins. "Hi Zelia. Meet Laela." Sakura will hold the baby in such a way that the nymph can see. The baby looks up at her with her strange brown eyes. They're like a deer's eyes if Zelia can identify them. The top of the baby's head has a slight greenish tint that wasn't there before.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Unfortunately, the red was replaced by the green, not simply changed to it, so dispelling simply won't work here, no matter how hard Cessie tries. After a while, Harnel will attempt to stop her and say, "Are you alright? Maybe we should just wait for it to wear off and go to bed."

24. - Top - End - #774

[Foyer]

"Hmph, I refuse to take part in their game. It's obvious they haven't just used an enchantment, they have taken away your original color." She ponders a bit, only really finding one solution but that's really not something she should use.

Hmph, well she could show them.

"Let's add a bit of color... stand still now." And with that she will weave an illusion around Harnel which will make it look like his scales are red once again. "There we are." She says with a smile.

[Outside]

"Sooo cute. I love her already." Zelia says with a smile as she removes one of the hairy caterpillars and let it crawl up her finger making fuzzy noises as it goes. If Sakura allows it, it will crawl up on Laela's fore head and then curl into a ball and promptly fall asleep, making snoring noises. It will tickle quite a bit.

"It's harmless, it just like to tickle. My baby had one too." Zelia explains with a smile as the watches the caterpillars progress.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Harnel thinks about it, but doesn't really like this as a solution. He won't stop Cessie, obviously, but, "Cessie, what if this interferes with me getting the color back? You said the red was outright missing, right? if they think I already have my color back, would they return it?" Harnel has made a terrifying leap of logic!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Laela makes a little O with her mouth and tilts her head back when the caterpillar is put on her head. She lifts her arms up and touches her face, but otherwise doesn't react to the fuzzy bug.

Sakura giggles as she watches the caterpillar. "I think she likes it." At least, she's not crying right now. that's always a good sign.

27. - Top - End - #777

[Foyer]

"I don't know, if it's a remote enchantment it really shouldn't be disturbed by anything like that. I'm just not sure about the nature of this type of energy, it's probably some form of aether as I can't do anything about it." Cessie says as she look at him. "It's just that I don't want to be the prize of some competition if I can't help it. There must be something I can do..." Hrm...

[Outside]

"I hope so, my child loved them when she was little. She was almost as adorable as yours." She says with a smile as she watches Laela, her eyes slowly wandering up to Sakura. "You must be so proud."

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"you got the apples from Terrie, didn't you? you could try using those, I suppose." Harnel apparently remembers that Cessie was able to use Aether energy after she'd eaten the pie. yum yum.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"I am. She couldn't be more perfect." The dryad doesn't look up to meet Zelia's eye. Her attention is consumed by the child in her arms for the moment.

She finally looks up at the nymph and a thought occurs to her. "So are you here to visit Cessie?" She figures there was no way for her to find out that Laela was born, so she must be here for Cessie.

30. - Top - End - #780

[Foyer]

"I know Harnel... but you know how I get when i eat those." Cessie replies.

[Outside]

"I knew you were going to give birth soon but yes, I wanted to see her..." The nymph scratches the back of her head. "You did give her the seed did you?" She says in confusion.