New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel scratches his chin, thinking, "Try talking to Cessie. She seems to be gathering up a good circle of friends, so she might know someone."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"Okay!" Hanna exclaims before pausing a moment. "...she doesn't seem to want to talk to me."

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel scratches the back of his head, "She doesn't like all powerful beings much, no. Why don't you just go to one of the taverns then and open up shop there? Just remember to figure out what you want to be paid."

4. - Top - End - #964

[Harnel's Forge]

"A tavern? I know what that is! Isn't there a place where everyone get drunk?" She glances skeptically at Harnel before she seem to get an idea. "Ohh! I could do something to get peoples attention right? Something big... Ah!" She points at him. "Can't you make a really big wish to get everyone's attention? Something safe which still makes everyone see. Then I can open up my shop directly afterwards! Oh and you could help me pick a trade to so I got something to do."

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel thinks about that for a moment, then smiles, "I wish you would have a party for the opening of your wish shop! That'd get everybody's attention, after all."

"As for a trade, why don't you take up writing? I understand writing a good book is a satisfying endeavor, and it should appeal to at least one of the people you're made from," Kaitlin to be precise. Maybe Kate as well.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-17 at 04:34 AM.

6. - Top - End - #966

[Harnel's Forge]

"But no one knows me, what if no one comes?" Hannah replies, sounding rather insecure. "I... I meant more like you wished for something like an enormous cow or something and you make up a reason why you want it. I could do a party too but I dunno..."

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"Hannah, most people don't care if they know you. a party means free food and fun to be had, and so they'll go there. If it's at a shop you set up, then that means they'll know about the shop as well, you understand? Call it a grand opening party."

8. - Top - End - #968

[Harnel's Forge]

"But I never done a party before. Could you help me then? I have no idea what to do. The only one who really have had a party that wasn't super-sad is Jadwiga and I don't thin people like that kind of party." Hannah replies.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

Harnel nods, "Of course I'll help. First thing you need to do is establish a place to work from. You know, a building that people can get to easily enough, then convert it into a shop you can use. I know there's lots of abandoned buildings in inside that you could use."

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Foyer]

"Makes sense." Cessie comments before she picks up one of the amulets. "I have written up a base model for the golem by the way, I'm just not sure I should keep it humanoid. It's rather easy to trip that way."
    It is? Sizewell hasn't had any problems with that. But he's pretty slow, walks deliberately and has very large feet... I suppose your golem might be different.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #971

[Foyer]

"Yes, I was actually planning to make a smaller golem. The exact design is essential to how it'll work. Golem crafting isn't my specialty though, is there anything you could recommend? I have been looking at a few prototypes such as a centaur or a harpy... the problem would of course making it able to fly." Cessie replies with a thoughtful expression.

[Harnel's Forge]

"Uhu... I'll just buy some place... and then what? What do people like at a party? If you would make a party, what would it be like?" Hannah asks.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-17 at 03:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

Making a construct fly is tricky. I managed it with Horatio, but he's just a hollow clay skull with wings, so the amount of power required is negligible. A centaur... they're creatures with human torsos on horse bodies, yes? I think it might work... speed and stability while retaining human-like hands. If you can manage such shape, I think it would be a god one, Dorota says after some thought.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #973

[Foyer]

"Yes, exactly. The body would of course be smaller then a horse, perhaps something more insect-like? It would be more mobile if the legs were angled outwards. There is of course the aesthetic aspect, I made a few sketches of an angel... you know, like Harnel?" Cessie remarks.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

Dorota straightens the glasses on her nose, as usual when thinking.
    So it'd have wings as well? I suppose that if it's supposed to be a domestic servant, appearance matters. Insect-like legs would help with stability, but I think some mobility might be sacrificed. Anathomy is not a field I'm strong at, though. When creating Sizewell, I just used the popular humanoid shape. May I see those sketches? I might offer more advice if I do.

15. - Top - End - #975

[Foyer]

"Of course, just follow me." And the sorceress will lead her to her research room once again where a few sketches awaits them.

She have made one of a centaur-like creature and several of different golems with different types of wings, one looking very much like a bat while others more humanoid in shape.

One of them look suspiciously a lot like Harnel. "Harnel taught me to sketch actually." Cessie admits. "I just know the basics but I found it a very useful skill." She pauses, flipping through her papers. "I'm not sure about the wings or the size... maybe I should go back to the centaur? Not sure if any of these will work without magical reinforcement."

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Harnel's Forge]

"Uhu... I'll just buy some place... and then what? What do people like at a party? If you would make a party, what would it be like?" Hannah asks.
    [Harnel's Forge]

"Food, alcohol, and good music is really all you need. If it's music they can dance to, that's even better. If you have all of those, people will find ways to entertain themselves," He rubs his head for a moment. He has a good idea, but... ugh, may as well, "There's also a woman named Jezebel. she hosted a party recently, so she should be able to help you more than I can. Just don't tell her I'm the one that sent you to her. Jezebel pretty well hates me, and might not help you if you mention my name."

17. - Top - End - #977

[Harnel's Forge]

"Uhu, uhu..." A list appears in her hand with all these things written down. "Okay, contact Jezebel, not mention Harnel's name and arrange party... is that all?" Hannah asks, looking up from her list.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Forge]

"Yeah, that's about it. If you need advice on anything else, just ask, alright?" Harnel smiles.

19. - Top - End - #979

[Harnel's Forge]

"Alright, same to you!" Hannah replies with a smile before she disappears.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-18 at 10:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

I don't think the wings will work without some potent magic backing them, Dorota says. I'd consider sticking simply to the centaur shape. The type of the wings doesn't really matter that much - the golem would be lifted by magic anyway.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin's Room

Kirin, who is staying in a guest room until some kind of servant's quarters can be made, has her head down on the desk in her room. She may look to be asleep at first, but the bed is right there. There are a couple of books from the library on the floor. The door is open, permitting anyone that walks down the hall a chance to see her in this state.

22. - Top - End - #982

[Foyer]

"With a certain type of material I might be able to make it fly but I guess it really isn't worth it." She says, pausing for a moment. "Dorota, you see Sizewell as a he don't you? I mean, it is a male name after all."

Kirin's Room

Cessie happens to pass by the catgirls room and peers inside. "Kirin?" She asks, sounding slightly worried.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin's Room

"Hmm?"

She straightens up and looks at Cessie. She doesn't look happy. Not too terribly sad, but distinctly unhappy. "Hello, Cessie. Can I do something for you?" She doesn't sound enthusiastic, or even just distracted like she sometimes is. She doesn't sound tired, either; just upset.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

Dorota nods.
    Well, yes. He doesn't have a physical gender of course, thinking of him as an "it" just doesn't feel right, you know?

25. - Top - End - #985

[Foyer]

"Yeah... I have been thinking a lot about the gender of the golem I would be making. It shouldn't really matter but I actually would try to make a 'female' golem. Or something like that. It wouldn't actually be female however as much as Sizewell is male but you get what I mean don't you?" Cessie asks.

Kirin's Room

Cessie raises an eyebrow, "Are you okay Kirin? You look a bit down. Is there something wrong?"

26. - Top - End - #986
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin's Room

"I've just... Reality, you know? I'm here, as opposed to where I'm from, and I left behind my life. I had friends, family, an education, all that stuff. And now I'm here, and I'm working as a maid, and... no offense, but this is not where I want to be with my life and... and... now... bluuh..." Kirin buries her head in her hands.

It might be worth noting that the books are on magical items and curses... not on trans planar or trans universal travel.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

Dorota nods again thoughtfully.
    Oh, yes. Well, there's nothing stopping you from making a golem that looks female, is there? Treating her as a woman as well. If you treat a golem like a woman, she will develop a female identity.

28. - Top - End - #988

Kirin's Room

Cessie actually smiles faintly. "Kirin, I knew this day would come. Remember what I asked you before you started? 'Would you be comfortable as a maid?' You said yes back then but I just knew that really wasn't the case. You are meant for greater things. This job only should have worked as a way for you to earn your keep until you found something better to do." She says, walking into the room, stopping at the desk. "Tell me have you looked for any work? I'm sure there are plenty of people around here looking for a person of your talents."

[Foyer]

"Yes, I know. Just feels silly to put breasts on a golem you know?" The sorceress smiles slightly. "It's not like they would have any practical purpose. It just makes people treat you a certain way, isn't that bizarre?" I mean, imagine if Harnel got to make the golem...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-20 at 10:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

Dorota can't help but giggle a little. It's true, isn't it? It's just how people's brains work, I suppose, even though the differences are purely cosmetic. Do you plan on giving the golem a name, by the way?

30. - Top - End - #990

[Foyer]

"I don't know really. I'm busy enough as it is trying to think of a name of my future offspring. I was thinking something along the lines of Eldrika as that's what ignites her spark of life. What made you choose 'Sizewell'?" Cessie replies.