New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Still Hauling Toys]

Harnel thinks for a moment, "We can probably buy foods specifically designed for babies at shops in inside," Harnel says, "They'll probably have whatever milk we need to get, and maybe some food for them too."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

A couple hours later, anyone watching will see Ariel and "Telly" arrive. They each only have one suitcase each, and while they wear semi-formal day dresses, it's obvious they've been in a horrible scuffle with multiple somethings. Telly's dress has been patched up from what appears to be massive claw marks, and her bare shoulders and arms show deep and dark bruises. The tail she once had is now only half the length of before and heavily bandaged. Ariel is in a similar state, but once more, she has a patch over one eye and her hair has been cropped short. By the way the two walk though, it's obvious they are more injured than that. As far as weaponry goes, Telly openly carries a long metal rod in one hand and Ariel has a tuning fork at her side.

Whatever had happened that had prevented the pair from leaving...well, it wasn't nice.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Ariel and Telly will find that the outer gate is open when they arrive, so they will be able to walk up to the keep unhindered. Already having Finished Hauling the incredible mass of toys out of the baby room (Well, the majority of them anyways), they won't spot Harnel in the courtyard when they arrive, but they will see a note taped to the door of the keep saying:
    Ariel and Jezebel

Make yourselves at home. the layout of the keep isn't hard to figure out, and the guest rooms are on the third floor. Lock the outer gate when you come in, if you please. I'll be in my study here on the first floor if you wish to speak with me.

-Harnel
    He really needs to work on his penmanship.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Entrance]

As Jezebel and Ariel reads Harnel's note Cessie slowly emerges from the interior of the keep and raises her hand in a greeting. "Greetings... nice to have you here." She tells them with a faint smile before noticing their injuries. "Are you quite alright? I could get you a healer if it's needed." She says with concern in her voice.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Ariel and Telly lock the gate as they read the note and both smile to Cessie when they see her. "Thanks, it's great to be here." Telly says before shaking her head at the offer. "No thanks, I believe we just need some time to recover and heal. We'll need to buy new clothing soon though. This is all we have left."

6. - Top - End - #1116

[Entrance]

"I have some spare clothes but I doubt you're my size... ah well. I have bought clothes to all my other friends so why buy some for you as well? If you insist on paying me back you can do so when you get home. Right now I will take care of you." She says, gesturing for them to follow her inside. "You can just put your bags here if you want, I can just summon a earth elemental to take them for you." They looked kind of heavy after all, wanted to spare poor Kirin from back pains.

"The guest rooms are on the third floor, I can show you if like. Just make yourself at home, there is plenty of room."

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

The pair will set down their bags for the Earth Elemental to carry, but Ariel shakes her head quickly at Cessie's suggestion of buying them clothing. "Nonono, we have plenty of money. We just need a comfortable place to sleep before we shop for the new clothes." Suddenly, a thought occurs to her and she reaches into her bag for a trio of vials. "Not sure if you could use it, but I know Arik likely can. Daemon blood from the ones who attacked us." She says, offering it over.

8. - Top - End - #1118

[Interior]

"Ah." Cessie says as she stare curiously at the blood vessel. "Well, I'm sure he would have use for it. Any blood is generally useful for both of us. I'm not sure Daemon blood would have any specific benefits though. But I suppose I will find out." She accepts the vials and starts to head over to another section of the keep.

"Let the elemental put your bags in the room, I have something to show you while I put these vials somewhere safe." She gestures for them to follow her, going towards her sealed off study.

Wait, aren't there babies that you just gave birth to which you should be showing them? All in good time I suppose.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-20 at 09:16 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Ariel and her mother look at each other oddly. Cessie might or might not notice that they're feeling a bit nervous about all of this. Sure, they were technically kinda family, but with all that's gone on, they were still uncomfortable with barging in on Cessie's home like this. Even if she wanted them to. They'll let the elemental do it's job while following Cessie.

10. - Top - End - #1120

Inside

Cessie will lead them to the study, taking up a key from the belt around her midriff and uses it to unlock the door. If she noticed the two's nervousness she doesn't show it.

Opening the door the pair will see a darkened room filled with the sorceress experiments. There is chest which Ariel no doubt will feel is heavily enchanted. In fact, this entire room is reinforced by a great deal of spells. Ariel will probably understand a great deal of residue must have been used to keep so many enchantments here.

There are circles drawn in ashes on the floor which marks different incarnations and a pedestal with a glass cover protecting a small pile of apples.

There is also a large desk with piles of books and papers with a rather modern-looking lamp standing nearby. Apparently the keep do have electricity. The only window in the room have been sealed off with planks for some reason. Apparently the mage really values her privacy in here. Not even the sun is allowed to enter.

What might be most remarkable in the room however is the twelve foot adamatite gargoyle sitting not too far away from the door. It's head is shaped like a lions with a thick mane around it's head. It's front-feet however looks more like very strong human arms with hands that seem to be made for very delicate work, yet could probably punch through a wall.

On it's back are two huge leathery bat-like wings which currently are hugging the gargoyles sides. It's eyes are two violet garnets which gleams dangerously.

Cessie looks back at the creature, "Hello Garn, this is Jezebel and Ariel. They are our friends, do you understand?" She says with a nod towards the gargoyle as if making sure it understands. It sounds almost as she were talking to a child.

It nods back and utters a grunt in response.

Cessie goes further into the room and places the vials on a nearby table before turning to the two once again. "This is Garn, he's an statue which is basically a construct with an awakened kami infused into it. I finished creating him a few days after the children were born so he's still rather simple mentally. He still sees everyone I haven't introduced to him as intruders for instance which is why I'm having him here for the time being."

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Study

Telly sets her hand on her daughter's shoulder gently to calm her down after Ariel figures out how many ashes would have had to go into making this place. As acquainted with horrifying concepts as she was, the use of human ashes still bothered her some, no matter how common use it was. She looks at Telly with a thankful nod and stays quiet as her mother talks to Cessie for the both of them. "So you took us in here so he'd imprint on us?" She asks, believing that she's figured it out.

12. - Top - End - #1122

Cessie's Study

"Exactly, now he will be able to tell that you two are friends so he won't suddenly attack you if you for some reason are entering this room." She explains. "I need to teach him not to attack people I haven't introduced though. Like Sakura." She pauses looking over Garn and gives him a slight nod. "I'll be back soon, just stay here."

The gargoyle grunts again and lays down at the floor like an overgrown puppy as Cessie turns to the pair again. "Is Sakura my alternative versions friend by the way?"

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Study

Telly looks at Ariel, unsure of who Sakura might be, and her daughter offers an explanation. "Cherry blossom Dryad." She tells her mother, who ends up shaking her head. "Sorry, I don't think so. We left quite quickly to head back to your home in order to investigate a few things." She says, not wishing to directly say anything of Aegnor's disappearance, let alone death, lest she brings up unwanted memories.

14. - Top - End - #1124

Cessie's Study

"Ah, well she's missing something then." Cessie comments with a faint smile before making her way past the two, leaving the study.

If they follow her she will make sure to close the door and lock it behind her as she starts to head towards the babies room. "So how is her pregnancy coming along?" She asks, meaning the alternative version of her who apparently exist.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Study]

As the women in the study talk, they should hear a shrill crying from upstairs as one of the babies wakes up and realizes there's nobody paying attention, and hunger strikes. This wakes up the other baby, who also starts crying from the lack of attention and the fact that there's a loud baby crying next to them. And is probably also hungry.

Intervention occurs! Ariel, Telly, and Cessie should hear the pounding of draconic feet rushing up the stairs, and though it'll be a few moments, the babies will quite down.

[Baby Room]

Harnel is becoming practiced in feeding the pair of babies, having pulled a pair of bottles of formula from the fridge on the first floor, and heating them with a very light application of his breath until they're warm enough to feed.

Harnel, at this point, will be sitting in the chair he put in the baby room specifically for feeding time - one baby sits on each leg, the half-dragon's tail holding the quarter-dragon babies in place as he uses both hands to feed them.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-23 at 06:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1126

[Baby Room]

Harnel! You got to heeelp me! Hannah's shrill voice can be heard in his head. She sounds really distressed for some reason.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Room]

Harnel looks up from the babies, recognizing the voice, Hannah? Calm down and tell me what's wrong.

18. - Top - End - #1128

[Baby Room]

I'm going crazy Harnel! I'm seeing things that aren't there! I don't know what to do! Hannah shouts back.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Room]

Calm down and explain to me what you see when you get these hallucinations. Would it be easier for you if we were talking face to face?

20. - Top - End - #1130

[Baby Room]

I don't know... what if I do something crazy to you? My powers keep acting up, it's like something is trying to seize control over me. I keep seeing these horrible thing... please Harnel, what should I do? It's just getting worse. Hannah replies.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-23 at 12:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Room]

And that immediately sets a bit more protectiveness in Harnel for the twins in his lap. It's true, he can't let Hannah near right now, not with Cora and Bastion potentially in danger from it.

You remember when I told you about the oni? The thing that gives you your powers? I think it's trying to make you do what it wants, but you're resisting. You need to find some way to cut yourself off from it.

22. - Top - End - #1132

[Baby Room]

O-okay, so how do I do that? Hannah asks, sounding rather clueless.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Room]

I... have to warn you, without the Oni backing you, this would mean you wouldn't have powers, alright? but it'll keep you from getting taken over.

Anyways, I don't know how you'd do that. either you need to find a way to cut yourself off, or find someone who can. Maybe someone who can grant wishes.

24. - Top - End - #1134

[Baby Room]

I... Hannah's thoughts go to Mintbalm, she had been granted a part of her powers after all. I'll try to get someone then, maybe she can help me with it. Thanks for the advice Harnel.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-23 at 02:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Room]

Any time you need help, I'm here for you.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cessie's Study

"Ah, well she's missing something then." Cessie comments with a faint smile before making her way past the two, leaving the study.

If they follow her she will make sure to close the door and lock it behind her as she starts to head towards the babies room. "So how is her pregnancy coming along?" She asks, meaning the alternative version of her who apparently exist.
    Cessie's Study

Telly inwardly winces at Cessie's comment, hoping that her Cessie thought she wasn't missing anything, but she follows along. "Almost finished to be honest. No troubles either." She says before tapping the nearest wooden object, just in case.

27. - Top - End - #1137

[Cessie's Study==> Baby Room]

Cessie was only joking which would be heard by her tone, but as the screams reach their ears she makes her way towards the recently cleaned out baby room.

"Ah, better check my own offspring. Come on, you will finally get to meet them." Cessie tells the two as she go to the room.

Entering she smiles faintly at Harnel, her relief that he was there greater then words. "Hey, can we come in?" She asks, starting to sneak inside.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Room]

Harnel is sitting in a recliner with the twins drinking milk from bottles, his tail wrapped around them to keep the pair in place as he feeds them. Cora is being a bit fussy, but drinking anyways, while Bastion is just quiet and enjoying the meal, his wings opening and closing like his hands are, "Yeah, come in. The two of them were just hungry."

Once Cora sees Cessie, she'll abandon the bottle altogether, reaching out towards her mother with a huge toothless grin, her golden eyes shining. Milk spills down her chin, and it's gloriously cute.

29. - Top - End - #1139

[Baby Room]

With a smile Cessie takes a seat next to her husband and tries to gently lift Cora out of his embrace and into hers. "Come here." She says, squeezing the girl lovingly before turning briefly to Ariel and Jezebel. "This is Cora and the little guy Harnel is holding is Bastion."

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Baby Room

While Ariel and Telly both smile at the sight of the babies, both of them genuinely happy at the sight, they're both under a lot of strain at the moment. Cessie might notice that Telly's gotten a bit paler since they've arrived, her exhaustion settling in. "They really are beautiful, Cessie." She says honestly. Noticing her mother's distress, Ariel messages Cessie telepathically while looking over the children. My mother is too proud to admit it, but she's about ready to pass out. Could you please show us our room real quick? She needs to rest, badly.